Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Had an interesting day today. A friend wanted to try and "workout" together. First off we started with the same body part and after that we didn't do much of anything together. Then came my cardio. I have to do an hour. There is no way around it. I'm in competition mode and they know it. So, after doing 30 min on the stepper and they went to the other side of the gym to mosey on the treadmill...I start feeling a little guilty. So mid major sweat, I go join them on the treadmill. I try and go fast to make up for the fact that its not the same intensity as HIIT on the stepper. Needless to say I had a nice cool down. I was reminded why I don't workout with friends that do not workout the same way I do. It just doesn't work and it effects my weight drop. Have to keep it dropping. But the best part was...we went to Planet fitness! First thing...I'm walking out on the floor with gym bag in hand ready to start and they stop me. Not allowed to have a gym bag on the floor. What?
    But it has everything I need in it. So I now I have to only take what I need the most and carry it around with me. Then I notice the whole gym watching me move from equipment to equipment. Maybe its my NPC shirt I wore or the fact that its finally warm enough to go without sleeves and my arms are looking pretty big right now. But then someone sets off the "Lunk" alarm by putting down a dumbbell a little too hard. It was only a dumb bell! I threw up my hands and say...it wasn't me! Needless to say I was very careful about everything I did while I was there. I've heard too many stories of people being asked to leave. And yes, they didn't have a squat rack. Did I mention the candy dishes at the front desk? Lady in front of me took 2 handfuls. Smh. Yeah, I'd go again...just for the entertainment.

Hold up... the "lunk alarm" at Planet Fitness is for real? I have never been to one, nor do I know any serious lifters who do... So what happens? What sets it off? And what does it sound like? I am blown away right now.

I have gotten to the point now where I don't really like training with anyone else. Don't get me wrong - there are many times when I wish I had a spotter, or miss working out with my husband. And I definitely would love for my coach to train me, especially on my lagging body parts. But my gym time is MY time to do MY own thing.

Yeah. I didn't know either. It was the first time I ever saw it actually go off. It was a big blue light on the ceiling that went off like a police car siren. lol! You should have see the look on the guys faces that put the weight down. Like deer caught in the headlights. lmao! A couple of 20 yr olds. I'm cracking up just remembering it.

I don't mind working out with others if they can challenge me a little. Makes it so much more fun for me. And I definitely need a spotter on certain things otherwise I won't push myself for fear of getting hurt.

You want to see me in action and in pain at the same time? Here ya go. lol! Camera in my face during the last set of chest press

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Loving this weather. Makes getting extra cardio in easy. Hike, bike, run, jump rope, play basket ball......

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Mc View Post
    Loving this weather. Makes getting extra cardio in easy. Hike, bike, run, jump rope, play basket ball......
    Yeah it does, it's perfect right now. I'm in Atlanta, so I have another month of this before temperature are in the hell-zone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah. Once it gets above 75/80 its too hot for me. Gotta be near a pool.

So last week I my trainer and I had a brief falling out. He has been in prep mode for awhile and it was only a few days before his next competition. It ended in us parting ways. Devastated that all that time, work and money I put in under his guidance was being thrown away by him on what I considered a whim, I was upset. Then I got mad and determined more then ever. And then the thought came to me that this might be a good time to have a cheat meal. It was a good excuse and I would get right back to it right after that one treat.
    Well, $10 worth of frozen yogurt with toppings, a full sit down meal with my family and a free steak dinner with dessert later....I finally stopped. I was lucky I only gained 3 lbs.

A few days later my trainer and I had a long talk and hammered a few things out. We are back to working on both our goals together. So now I had the task of getting my weight back on track. I set a goal to be back down to my last weight by the next weigh day, and then maybe another 1/2 lb by the next weigh day. I weigh bi weekly on Tues and Fri. So in less then a week I managed to not only hit my goal of getting to my pre binge weight but I surpassed it. Hitting both goals at once and I did it without killing myself. I stayed at the same cardio level and stuck with the same diet. Whew! Now hopefully come Fri, my next weigh day, if it stays down, we are going to start adding back in some food on specific days. Most likely my heaviest training days. Really looking forward to that!

Each time my weight drops a little bit I can really see the definition come out. I'm looking better and better all the time. People are noticing and they can't believe how fast its going. This is another reason why I love this stuff.

I keep forgetting to post progress pics. I will have to get on that. Sorry.

Happy Easter everyone!
    Off to go to posing clinic followed by chest / back and my hour of cardio. Got more carbs put back on my diet this week. I'm going to enjoy everyone. Too bad its in the form of a liquid. Karbolyn shakes during my hard training times followed by 2 rice cakes. Oh boy! At least that'll give me energy during my workouts and more growth for when I'm finished.
    Posing went well. I'm changing all the time so we tweak some poses every week to see which looks best for me at that moment. Still fooling around with my ab pose since my legs are bigger then my upper body.
    Love that the separation in my legs goes all the way up to my torso now. Very cool.
    I've been having issues with major cramping in my legs. I take a multi vitamin and mineral every day, plus some extra. I've been told to get a potassium/magnesium fizz and take that every day to help. Possibly at night too if it’s still bad. They say to salt my food more too. I have noticed I've been putting more salt on everything lately. Guess I'm not retaining it or sweating it out more then I think I am.

Upper body today. Hit 2 new PRs. Machine shoulder presses, facing in, 170 for 8 and Lying tricep extensions 80 for 6. I think that carb drink he had me sipping on helped.

Its a record breaking week. Nailed another one today on hacksquats. 360 for 10. 4th set. Its nice to have a really good week right before my trainer goes off to his last competition in Seattle. Good luck to him, his wife and our friends competing this weekend at the Emerald cup.

bi-v2.jpg

Rough day to start. Found out a friend of mine has died. So diet wasn't quite on target today and cardio was a little harder to get through, but I did it. The evening was a little better with some posing practice with a newer friend. An old Pro himself. He took some pics so I will post them later.

One of my old instructors from massage school wants to draw on , highlight and map out my muscles for his students. Lol! Sounds like fun and I'm all for it. That's how I went from massage to body building. When I could actually see the various muscles I was learning about on my friend that was getting ready for a show. A real live, walking anatomy chart. Too cool! Gotta take some pics when he is finished.

Body builders. We work hard, we play hard and have a lot of laughs along the way. http://youtu.be/Fn4NjMHxL5I
    Nothing like a little friendly competition among friends. The end of last season it was pancakes. During off season there was a beard growing contest. My trainer always manages to win. We have to think of something he can't do. lol!

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast