Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Test for increasing female sex drive?

I have a question for anyone out there with some experience with this.

I have recently reconciled with my wife after a marriage separation and things between us are going well, except for one thing, she has a very low sex drive. We have tried a few natural supps like DHEA and yohimbe, but she just doesn't get the urges.

She claims she is attracted to me but just doesn't get horny.She is on the pill and I have read that can lower test levels and therefore cause a decrease in sex drive.

I have some test lying around but I have never used any steroids so I have no idea if A) its a good idea to give her some and B) if it is how much to give her

. Have any of the female members taken test? Did it bump up your sex drive? Would anyone have a recommendation of a dose that could be taken with minimal side effects?

I would ask Dave but I would have to wait until Monday and monday seems like a lifetime right now lol.

As a last note we are in our early 20's and want to thank anyone in advance for your input.

Default Test for increasing female sex drive?

You might have a better response if this was in the chem forum. If you'd like, I can move it over there?

I hope you find the answer that will have a solution for you....

Edit: let me see if Tammy or Sassy can chime in
    Last edited by Hoss06; 12-03-2013 at 11:19 PM.
    Training / Prep / Off-season coach: Kevin McDowell / Extreme One
    Journal: Hoss06 Training Journal

My first comment is that this is self-medicating w/ male hormones and ain't nuttin for free. She needs to be very aware of sides that come w/ test use, even in small doses. I checked thru the posts we have on the "Fem Chem Index" (note the link to the index and please feel free to read for general 'women 7 steroid' info) and mostly just found these:

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...view-SEXYTIME!

To that point however, it doesn't discuss dosing.

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...ht=SisterSteel

This is where I would seriously have her speak w/ her OB-GYN. Particularly for women there are a bunch of things that can contribute to low sex drive. I would start by simply getting a standard hormone panel done to understand what her current levels are. Most docs will stick w/ topical test as prescription because they are very hesitant to prescribe injectable test because of the androgenic sides. (Most docs won't touch steroids & women.)

Also even if she is willing to try a very low dose inject experiment, don't set any expectation that this would be a 'do this forever' thing. Steroids can still screw w/ your lipid levels, blood pressure, menstrual cycle, etc. So basically it becomes like I say about any woman who wants to play w/ steroids - it is always your own personal experiment. You need to understand what you are dealing w/ - e.g. if you are using test e or test cyp (long acting esters - generally NOT recommended for women, even experienced female bodybuilders) or test p. And then be ok w/ the experimenting w/ the compound and being responsible for the sides that may come. And particularly the flux in hormone levels going "on' and coming "off".
    Last edited by sassy69; 12-03-2013 at 11:43 PM.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    My first comment is that this is self-medicating w/ male hormones and ain't nuttin for free. She needs to be very aware of sides that come w/ test use, even in small doses. I checked thru the posts we have on the "Fem Chem Index" and mostly just found these:

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...view-SEXYTIME!

To that point however, it doesn't discuss dosing.

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...ht=SisterSteel

This is where I would seriously have her speak w/ her OB-GYN. Particularly for women there are a bunch of things that can contribute to low sex drive. I would start by simply getting a standard hormone panel done to understand what her current levels are. Most docs will stick w/ topical test as prescription because they are very hesitant to prescribe injectable test because of the androgenic sides. (Most docs won't touch steroids & women.)

Also even if she is willing to try a very low dose inject experiment, don't set any expectation that this would be a 'do this forever' thing. Steroids can still screw w/ your lipid levels, blood pressure, menstrual cycle, etc. So basically it becomes like I say about any woman who wants to play w/ steroids - it is always your own personal experiment. You need to understand what you are dealing w/ - e.g. if you are using test e or test cyp (long acting esters - generally NOT recommended for women, even experienced female bodybuilders) or test p. And then be ok w/ the experimenting w/ the compound and being responsible for the sides that may come. And particularly the flux in hormone levels going "on' and coming "off".
    wow thanks for the long response so quickly! Thats some good advice and I am not stoked about her going on test I was simply asking because this is a problem we have and I have no experience with drugs. I don't want her to have any sides she would regret thats why I was wondering what kind of doses members here might have experience with.

We actually have an OBGYN apt this friday so we will ask for the hormone panel you recommended.

The test we have is topical and meant for test replacement for older males (androgel) I think Its a 50 mg dose of test. I'll also look through that other thread for more information. Thanks agin Sassy you always give me great info in my off the wall threads.

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

is she is on any other meds? antidepressants also can harm the sex drive. why not try a test booster like the new testolyze from species? going chemical is not a good idea.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    is she is on any other meds? antidepressants also can harm the sex drive. .
    This was my first thought.

Having been down this road myself with an ex, if she is on any SSRIs it will kill any urges. The other thing to not overlook is she just doesn't get turned on by you, and she is questioning the reconciliation in the back of her mind. My ex however had no problem getting turned on by someone else and I was naive. So it indeed can be complex.

RX MEMBER

If I was you I would look into petides, PT-141 (bremelantide) . Has worked wonders for my wife. There is enough information on this, just look it up. Works on male or females.

RX MEMBER

I agree with everything Sassy said

A 20 something year old female shouldn't be having this issue. I'd put my money on the pill.
    Can she go on some other type of BC? Or take a break and see if anything changes?
    Although this link is not quite the issue here, it's worth sharing http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/sex...-the-Pill.html
    OP, has she been on the pill since you've been together? Has her sex drive always been low? How is her overall health (mental and physical)?

the doctor and having patience is where i would steer her. taking testosterone is a pretty big step. dropping the birth control is where i would look if you wanted to try something now.

Thank you all, going off the pill is more than likely our next step as many of you have convinced us that test is not a good option and now that I think about it, it does seem a bit to extreme. She isn't on any other meds, I will respond with more after work but wanted to say thank you in a big way to everyone's very positive advice.

Without getting into the details I can say I know for a fact two 40ish females using minimal doses of T having their libidos go off the charts. They could hardly keep their own hands off themselves if you know what I mean.
    MY MIND & BODY ARE AT ONE WITH MY POWER & STRENGTH............JM

RX MEMBER

My wife and few of my very close friends wife take low doses of test and love it. It increased there libido, energy, metabolism, better mood, ect..... but I will tell you that they had to plat around with the dose to eliminate side effects. I know some females who only need 25-50mg week and few others 75-100mg weekly or bi weekly.

Before you start messing with test on your wife try Maca. It has effects on both men and women in raising libido. During PCT this stuff saves my ass like no other. Kind of reminds of a mild version of Proviron. There are plenty of articles online about the stuff so I am cutting and pasting what I think is a fair write up on it. Not too positive, not really all that negative.
    http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationshi...ut-maca?page=2

IFBB Pro Jillian Reville JillyRev's Avatar

hi there. I just want to mention something that no one has touched on yet. you mentioned you were separated and now back together. Without getting to involved with your story, you may need to work on her mental state. The low drive could be because she is still working though whatever you guys went through. no matter who did what or what the situation was, she may be internally holding back from being fully "back with you" She may not really even realize this herself. Maybe even talk to a therapist, or a sex therapist. it might be good for both of you.

and id also say don't give her the test. Like Sassy said, id get her bloodwork done first, and even see a therapist before you have her take test. there is something else going on and just taking drugs without speaking to a dr first is IMO not a good idea. Good luck!
    It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.

All good responses covering a number of dimensions. As I mentioned, women & sex drive can be a complex thing - its not just "throw some test in there". We all know how cerebral women get about things - so there are dimensions of mental/mood/self-confidence - view of self, body chemistry / hormone balance as well as relationships w/ the people around them.

The bloodwork is an easy one to do. It can be an exercise in patience to find the right balance of things - it can include thyroid as well as sex hormones - looking at the contribution of depression to overall state of mind.

As mentioned -if there are any other meds going on - I have a friend who has been married to a woman who has been fiddling w/ anti-depressants to treat her issues for years but he is suffering because they haven't had sex in years. I dunno how he does it. But she has zero sex drive because of the meds, but she is adamant about not trying other mixes / doses because she doesn't want to go thru the misery of trying to identify the right combination & dosing. Basically she's opted to completely throw away her sexual self in favor of her calm / happy self. And he won't leave her, but has also had to let go of that dimension of his relationship with her. That just seems tragic. But it is a reality.

And if everything else is "normal", is the relationship w/ this person solid & trusting enough to move forward w/ that trust, or is there any remnant uncertainties?

Lots of stuff to consider, but start by eliminating the easy ones.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast