Default Attempted Murder of IFBB Pro Manolis Karamanlakis

I found this tonight while using the translation function on a Greek bodybuilding forum. It has been months since it happened but I have not seen it on any of the English language forums. From what I could understand in the translation he lost a kidney and either his eye is damaged or gone completely. Apparently he had run afoul of a couple Roma men and was shot at his nutrition store.

http://www.magnesianews.gr/News/?Ent...7-67bf27f8d736

Tidying personal differences behind the injury of 37-year old (video)

In settling personal disputes, aspects of which investigates the police, it seems that the attack caused two brothers and seriously injured a 37-year old Volioti outside the shop and fitness supplements food reserves in Volos, this afternoon, while the perpetrators aged 33 and 27 years, from Volos, arrested, thanks to the direct intervention of the police. 's attack had Mafia features to both brothers approaching the area by car, coming out masked their features and, holding a shotgun, shot four times the 37-year old Emmanuel Karamanlaki, which is Panhellenic champion of Body Building, resulting in serious personal injury.
    The unlucky man, was shot in the liver, lung and back, while the fourth cartridge, intended for his head, fortunately found no aim and shot passed beside him.

According to preliminary information, the attack on the 37-year old due to personal differences that had one of the two brothers. The 37-year old was allegedly beaten by a brother, about an hour before the attack that suffered, for unknown reasons, the investigating police.

After about an hour, at 12.30, the brother who had accepted the beating, alerted his brother and got a shotgun, entered the car (brand Citroen Xsara, color silver ceased on the Ascension) and went out of the store 37 year old. Both brothers left the car, having covered their characteristics and entered the shop where the search. A 37-year old allegedly returned at the time of the next shop which were followed wrangle entrepreneur with offenders and the time they were coming to his store he was shot four times. Then went back to the car and disappeared.

Meanwhile, the Police, after immediate mobilization arrested the two brothers, who were driven and kept on the Security Department at Volos. Crossed reports indicate that the two perpetrators have not yet confessed that shot tn 37chrpno professional, although identified by witnesses. noted that the 37-year old is now Panhellenic champion of Body Building IFBB - EOSD, who won the title last May at the National Championships held in Athens.

Larissa General Hospital diakomisthike intubated shortly after 5.15 the afternoon, 37chronos man, today afternoon shot two brothers outside the shop and fitness supplements, Volos, for unknown reasons. The unlucky man, conceded four shots from a shotgun, two brothers, who were arrested by the police, was shot in the liver, lung and back, while the fourth bullet, which was intended for his head, fortunately found no objective and simply scratched.

37-year old underwent a first surgery at the Hospital of Volos was necessary to transfer to the General Hospital of Larissa, where he will remain hospitalized in the Intensive Care Unit.
    Attempted murder was today at 12:30 noon, outside the store on the corner of Ascension - Andonopoulou and the police response was immediate, and arrested the two perpetrators (the information state that the brothers who reside in Upper Lehonia), while the status of entrepreneur is particularly critical.

Victim of attack, which was athlete's body building, according to witnesses, was in the store and, at some point, a car brand Citroen Xsara, color silver ceased on the Ascension, from within came two men who had covered their characteristics and entered the store where he was searched.

The 37-year old was rushed to the Hospital of Volos, where he underwent surgery and shortly after 5pm transferred intubated to the General Hospital of Larissa, hospitalized in the Intensive Care Unit. 's not condition characterized stable and next 24 hours are considered crucial for the state of his health.

Last edited by Curt James; 06-20-2019 at 12:01 AM.

Europe Pro in Madrid September 2010

http://www.taxydromos.gr/article.php...1mbIo.facebook

The Voliotis Giant defeated bullets

They regret, says about the perpetrators of the murderous attack and describes what happened that bloody morning of 9 th September

"Come on giant lion ... go." The booming voice sprang through the possible and an extended applause of the spectators, who stood up to greet him, showing his admiration and appreciation for the great race from which he had come out victorious. He had won the fight of his life ...

Reportage: Vaso Samakovli

The "giant" of Volos, the Manolis Karamanlakis , returning on stage, about a week ago, on November 9, in 19 the National Cup IFBB, in Livadia. The incessant applause when before the awards, from microphone invited to attend the pitch.

Under the sounds of «Alexander the Great» viewers getting up to applaud the winner of life. The awarding of the Cup of the President of the Greek Federation of Bodybuilding Jordan Leventelis Manolis Karamanlaki characterized as the most special and emotional moment of the match.

"There are people who follow me only to athletic success, but standing next to you in difficult times," said our 37-year old champion physique before pressing the «play» on vjnteakj had look through the computer. And with these touching moments of the recent award closed extensive exclusive interview on "postal", having returned victorious to his shop, on the street Ascension 151, two months after the attack on mafia, shocking Volos and nationwide.

His speech flowed during the interview. Nailing his words describing the moments of successive shots in weight until he lost consciousness a few minutes after entering the ambulances. So are descriptions of what gave power back on track for what embitter him, how his philosophy changed around life itself.

He spoke from the office of the store that has the last 13 years species sports and fitness. There, where breakfast routine-as looked-Monday, 9 September drank his coffee, looking at the computer with his best man and two other friends.

When ...

"This sub-human walked in to my shop in order to ask me something that relates to my area of ​​knowledge. Neither cheirodikisa against him, nor acted any controversy. Because this type, which I had seen the other two or three times in the last three years in my shop, not the level to talk to him in a way you can understand, of refusing to provide information.

She spent Monday at the shop with an inappropriate way. "Tell me eh m .. Manolis, what is it because you drive me crazy, "she said holding something in his hand. Obviously it was something androgen. It was a preparation given to him from elsewhere. I did not pay attention. I did not want to give him, perhaps because he was not a customer, why not have the level of mind to arrange. Nor is it my job to solve questions for other formulations.

Against the absurd claim replied: "Dude, I have good supplements if you want me to serve. For else ask me I can not answer you.

He insisted he was denied a second and third time and to prevent him I said: "Let me answer if you want 50 euros on the table and I'll answer."

"Like this?" He says, "So," I said. I was calm, he left and I continued to drink my coffee.

Eventually, about an hour after hearing "came." Look a brother outside to gradarei what the world has in store. All this was instantaneous. He saw, left. Then, I headed to the door to see what was happening. I moved to the left Andonopoulou. In the corner right, there is a photographer, entering the entrance of the Andonopoulou note the following. He put a large chipboard to divide the road into two, so there is no easy escape.

Reaching the corner I see one of them subhuman, who has stopped a short distance diploparkarismenos. Once I get to the corner and see him, he sees me lift the shotgun he was holding, with scars and my first cast.

Without words, without delay, without anything. "OK now?" He says with irony after the first shot. Not that I could imagine that this would happen. Would never in my mind. "

Recently scenes

The 37-year old champion turns his back. The actor continues to shoot. After the fourth shot falls blooded. Shouting his friends and especially to George, who sees the last shot. "Shout the Senia. I'm dying ... "are the words that manage to say.

The world is concentrated with bated breath the carnage they have caused the day - noon both perpetrators. The ambulance arrives in no time. Manolis remember until the point he tried to get up and get into the ambulance, but did not succeed. It sits in a carriage with the help of a paramedic, hears words "Hang" and after all off, the last thought in the faces of his only son 2 stroke ...

In very critical situation is the evacuation of the General Hospital of Larissa and hospitalized in the Intensive Care Unit. About a month after the 'giant' succeeds and regains consciousness.

"They feel sorry '

"Very long time to analyze and edit in my mind. I can not understand how anyone can measure human life so little and possibly because of the small mind believes that took offense to get a shotgun in order not to intimidate, not to elicit information but to kill people, "he says.

What would tell them, but to those who tried to sow death if they had now before him?

"They regret, the regret, what you say ... I regret them and especially those who grew up with this way to make such useless worms for society, dangerous to the world.

Because in this man I see an athlete, I could not see ever. I see a alitirio. And this was the reason for disliking that harbored these people, respecting myself, my athletic endeavor and effort do.

Is underground who want the results of athletic effort, without effort. This unfortunately-and greatly to my sport-the front constantly. The world can not make connection to the cause and effect. The result comes after a procedure. All they think they can circumvent the process and a magical way to turn the worm into a butterfly. This unfortunately can not be done. And I'm negative on those people who have this visa. From self-respect and respect for other people and the sport itself. I can not go into this logic. And I could not get the logic of an insolent man who enters a claim-as if I am an employee of or as if of my duty-asking me to solve the problem.

When it is idle and its only job is to wander in gyms, thinking that with an outstanding look-in his mind because he had the ability to do, will impress with-I think it has consciousness. And the ultimate proof is what he did to me.

If any thought that my refusal to offend, there were other ways to move more mild and different, to get the message, any message or thought little mind saw that I had to pass.

To get the gun at noon and shoot a man repeatedly without care if child, family, people behind him, if he stop his career and destroy, to me this shows clearly that it is people without conscience and without hope synetismou. I think it is dangerous to society and not benefit anyone to move among us. "

"I'm a hostage of my image '

In this particularly difficult adventure of his life, Manolis Karamanlakis says received sympathy and love. Since the vast majority of the world at least.

"Of course I know that the many who showed support, which prayed and wished for my life, there were some glee, who wished otherwise. I am not surprised. Draw up of such reactions is considered successful in any space. Due to competition because of jealousy. It is a particular feature of our city. Everyone must be on the same level, no one should stand out.

I know, I do not suppose there are some people in the area, who are hostile to their own reasons. There is nothing difficult and obscure, the reasons are simple and clear. Business competition and possibly in that particular field sports dominate the city for some time. This may be the 'sin' of mine, who asked to pay several times. "

There is something else, as he explains, which I deeply regret the: that is hostage to the image . "For Greece and the provincial city of Volos, the image of a man who has bigger muscles refers unfortunately I stress again-someone who may be linked to the night or using the physical mass at will. Sporting my activity and the process of elite, I required them to have this physique. Means nothing. And yet there were people in the risk of my life, had the malice to try to connect with situations and circumstances that do not concern me. They could, however, they dominate. And I think it will look in the future. "

Returning to the images of that day, the 37-year old champion wondering what could have happened if he had not come out of the shop and the two perpetrators, who showed that moving to a particular project, then the 'look' thrown inside the store of, stormed inside.

"We could have mourned victims in an enclosed space with no possibility of escape, with a determined, who carries a gun loaded. And it fills to go back.

I think it would move to perform what he had meant to do with my direction. It was obvious that, once passed in front of the shop to check. You were fired and my best man and my friends if I did not come out of the shop. So I do not know though hurts, I think it saved some other people. "

Makes a pause, indicating that neither wants to think the worst images even if they do not come out of the shop.

He continues: "I do not fit into any reasonable man realizes this incident. I understand and the city accepted a shock, either knew or not, from the same incident. It saddens me tremendously that a little girl they were in when the shooting at the corner suffered injury from the diaspora. "

Recurring Nightmare

The giant of Volos can beat the battle of life, can be got back on his feet, but it faces a much more difficult race: the traumatic shock.

"I can," he described, "I try to sleep without seeing repeated times the same incident in front of me, again and again and again.

I hope and imagine that with time it fades. We will never leave behind me completely, but I think it fades. I hope so at least.

The truth is that when I came out of intensive philosophize things otherwise. I realized that nothing we can take for granted. That in each of us anything can happen at any time and moment.

I saw some things more sensitive than the human suffering and need, in rehabilitation centers. I saw myself as others, unable to depend on others for their survival and their daily lives. That intrigued.

Each day a gift

The first time, after hospitalization in intensive care, his thoughts were that it must do full turn in my life. Lately, however, thinks he needs to get his life back.

"We have to get out of this situation and continue from where I was. Certainly having as compass and this incident, considering that every day that I live is a gift now. And we must exploit to the fullest extent. On the other hand when you see that people in need are intertwined to such an extent, my thoughts are that I do for people in need. This got a lesson from this painful experience " .

Angels - Rangers

"I stood very lucky that I was in the ICU of General Larissa," says Manolis Karamanlakis , who wanted to thank especially doctors and nurses, who stood next to him as the "angels" of.

"Medical surveillance took me a great man and scientist, Apostolis Komnades, who made things supererogatory for quick recovery and my best possible my recovery. I'll always be grateful, as nurses in the Unit and especially Stella Andreadou, which helped substantially. So doctors, physiotherapists and nurses of the Rehabilitation Center Animus.

Their effort, my family, my partner and my own stubbornness gave this result and I this time, with losses of course, I am here. These people thank them from my heart. "

I wanted to say goodbye, not with violence, the sport he loved '

"It cost me a full stop or comma in my sporting course '

Manolis Karamanlakis involved with sports since he remembers himself. In Sports School to play sports in athletics and long jump. Earlier in football stadiums and in small groups of magnesia and Olympiakos Volos.

Leaving Bulgaria for his studies as a Dental Technician, a gym Fillipoupolis met from around the sport of body building. The sport started in charmed and amateur.

"Essentially the sport, which saw the first as relief, as a hobby, as something to connect with sports, not picked. The game chose me, because very soon I saw my body changing. I quickly realized and others with recommended that I should see more serious and possibly racing. Something I did back in Volos, " describes the "postal" the 37-year old champion.

From the first moment to the last participation in national and international competitions, his presence was marked by victories and career from its beginning seemed brilliant.

Until September 9, when the attempted murder against him, "put a dot or perhaps comma in my sporting course. This cost me too much. I do not hide that I was thinking maybe dilute, you might as well stop my career, my career. No I in no way, however, be that way. "

A few months before the attack on came from another victory. His thoughts had turned to fight an international match of EOSD, this December, which will enable the winner to get business card, the highest status for an athlete physique. He certainly had the chance to realize the secret wish every athlete: to fight in the past at this level, in America and Europe.

"The violent way that stopped my progress, leaves me feeling very bad. The sport that I loved and gave me identity. There is indeed no secret that everyone in Volos and nationwide know me through this identity through sport I did. Due to discrimination and overall my presence. So in due time and if circumstances allow, I would like to represent Greece for one last time, as a farewell to a sport that I loved and gave me things. I use the experience and my knowledge for a good look and then devote himself to my family, my people and my job, " said Manolis Karamanlakis .

His appearance and award on November 9th

Incredible story. Did Dave know about this? It said he sold Species in his nutrition store.
    With an interpreter, this would be a great interview for HMR!

(great song playing in the background of the video: Alexander the Great by Iron Maiden)
    Proud member of The Church of What's Happening Now, with Joey Coco Diaz (podcast on iTunes)
    Fuck The Crabfeast
    #FTCF 5 *****

Thanos Alibakis, Peri body and Manolis Karamanlakis at Gymway

Marble Party vol.2 with Thanos Alibakis, Peri body and Manolis Karamanlakis at Gymway (in Greek)