Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Weight: 202.2. Calories yesterday 3250. No training. So end of week 1 higher calories, gained nothing! Guess it wasn't high enough. Going to smash back today with my son. Always fun trying to keep up with a 22 yr. old who now outweighs you. He keeps at this, he's gonna be huge one day. He's gained like 50 lbs. over the last say about 2 years or so natty. Hell.... young real test is best I say. So walk the dog in the f'in snow, get some meals in, hit back and then we are going to 5 Guys I have decided. I'm crushing some calories today. Have to topple 5,000 again like last Saturday, I'm sure it won't be an issue, lol... far from it.

Weighed in this morning: 204.2. Only up 2 lbs. I ate my ass off yesterday!. Went to 5 guys post workout and had a cheeseburger and fries. When I got home from 5 guys I put some Pillsbury Grands Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls in the oven. We always have these around. They are one of our customers where I work and we end up getting sent home with tons of this stuff. I bring it home for the wife and little girl but I end up making a roll now and then too. So I ate three of those. Everything else was really just normal food I eat everyday except I did have one big bowl of chocolate Cheerios with protein powder/kefir milk. Barely toppled the 5000 mark yesterday.

The workout went pretty well. The place that has been tight in my back flared up some towards the end and I had to cut it a little shorter than I wanted. I would rather do that and still be able to train today than try to work through it and be disabled today. I know my back and it was time to put the heavier weight down after feeling the little tweak I felt.

Meadows Rows - 7 sets
    TBar Rows - 4 sets
    Rack Deads superset with Chins - 4 sets, wanted to do 8 sets but on set 4 felt the tweak
    DB Shrugs 3 sec hold at top - 1 all out set
    Back Extensions - 1 all out set

All in all it was a good day. Got to visit and got home in time to still spend some quality hours with the family. Arms, Calves later today. Have a good Sunday guys!

Weight: 205.6. Toppled 4200 calories yesterday. Another free meal yesterday, oops... Family wanted to go out to lunch. Was looking at all the super healthy choices and found myself continuing to flip back to one dish that just looked so good I had to try it. Cajun Shrimp and Grits! This stuff was sooo good!!! Not regretting getting it.

Arms

Nautilus Bicep ss with Rope Pressdowns - 4 sets
    LTEs ss with DB Curls - 4 sets
    Dips ss with Close Grip Pull Ups - 3 sets
    One Arm Cable OH Ext. ss with One Arm Cable Hammer Curls - 3 sets

Calves

Leg Press Calf Presses - 5 sets

Excellent pump in arms. Bit of elbow pain as seems par for the course lately. Excellent pump and stretching in calves. Back still tight as a damn Banjo string.... going to do some stretching and foam rolling tonight try to get that thing loosened up. Was a mini workout this morning putting on my socks and shoes!

Weight today: 204. 3225 calories yesterday. No training. I tried rolling and stretching out my back last night. It didn't go too good. I must have some nerve issues going on. When stretching doesn't help, but actually makes things more painful, it's nerves. I left a message at my chiro. Decompression machine time. That thing usually helps this out. My health is crazy lately. Well I can train upper body hard at the moment at least. I am in the exact opposite boat I was a month ago. 40+ training is a challenge at times. Just keep plugging away, that's all you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by crawfBigG View Post
    Weight today: 204. 3225 calories yesterday. No training. I tried rolling and stretching out my back last night. It didn't go too good. I must have some nerve issues going on. When stretching doesn't help, but actually makes things more painful, it's nerves. I left a message at my chiro. Decompression machine time. That thing usually helps this out. My health is crazy lately. Well I can train upper body hard at the moment at least. I am in the exact opposite boat I was a month ago. 40+ training is a challenge at times. Just keep plugging away, that's all you can do.
    Agreed.
    IronMag Labs DISCOUNT CODE: ebfitness15

IronMag Research DISCOUNT CODE: ebfitness15

Got back to work last night! Felt awesome to be back in the gym. So after chiro visit and some more rounds of pain pills and NSAIDs I reached a point of feeling good enough to try it out again. I have still been getting radiating pains around my left hip, down my leg some and big time in my tibialis anterior of all things....

Looking back on the week considering all things I still managed to get 3 workouts in. Weighed out at 205.6 this morning, up a couple pounds. Haven't quite been getting to the macro totals I wanted to this week but because of how it went, it's all good with me. Hit some legs last night. Went in expecting nothing. Planned on just basically going through the motions with even just the bar if I had to. It went way better than expected.

I'll start posting my wimpy weight totals again, why not...

Hip adductor/abductor machine
    3 sets each way - pyramid up in weight - reps between 15-20 all sets

Low as fuck Box Squats - (where have I seen this before, I am a journal thief)
    *SIT BACK, SIT WAY the FUCK BACK, use your posterior chain, gotta learn how to squat.... big air, pinch shoulder blades together, elbows forward, arched low back, spread the floor... my inner speech to myself through most of this.....*
    bar x 20
    95 x 5 x 3 sets
    135 x 3 x 2 sets
    185 x 2 x 1 sets
    195 x 2 x 10 sets

SLDL
    bar x 12
    135 x 8
    185 x 8
    225 x 8
    250 x 5
    275 x 5
    300 x 5

Hanging Leg Raises
    3 sets - reps: 8, 8, 7

Band Crunches
    4 sets of 25

Back Extensions
    bw x 20
    25lb. plate x 15 x 3 sets

Bulgarians Split Squats - big stretch on every rep, knee to the floor
    10 lb. DBs (yes, and it still kicked my ass) x 8 each leg, 3 sets

Left out of there with shaky legs, felt awesome....

Weight this morning: 204.6. My legs are so sore....the concentration on form or something got me I don't know but they are mega sore! Did some upper body today.

Standing Band Crunches
    6 sets of 25

Bench
    bar x 5 x 3 sets
    95 x 5 x 3 sets
    135 x 3 x 2 sets
    175 x 3 x 8 sets

Smith Machine Shoulder Width Grip Partial Lockouts
    135 x 5
    185 x 5
    225 x 5
    275 x 3
    315 x 3 x 3 sets

Meadows Rows
    bar x 8
    1-25 x 8
    2-25s x 8
    3-25s x 8
    4-25s x 8 x 2 sets

One Arm Cable Rear Delts
    1 block x 20 reps
    1 block + 2.5 chip x 15 reps x 3 sets superset with band dislocates 10 reps each set

Decent workout. Lower body so sore it took forever to get moving but felt pretty good when finished. Have a good Saturday gents..

Weight: 208. I am finally starting to feel almost normal again. Back didn't give me too much trouble last night once warmed up and it feels even better this morning. Really honing in my form seems to be making a difference.

Squats
    bar x 8 x 3 sets
    95 x 5 x 3 sets
    135 x 5 x 3 sets
    185 x 3
    225 x 3
    250 x 3
    275 x 3
    315 x 3
    335 x 3

Shoulder Width Stance Good Mornings
    bar x 10
    95 x 8
    135 x 6
    165 x 6
    185 x 5 x 2 sets

Hanging Leg Raises
    3 sets of 8

Standing Cable Crunches
    4 sets - pyramid up in weight - 25 reps each set

Back Extensions
    bw x 20
    25lb. plate x 15 x 3 sets

Unilateral Cable Reverse Hyper - at least that is what I call it... like a Donkey Kick but keep the leg straight
    3 sets of 10 - pyramid up in weight

Another good workout in the books. Hopefully the string keeps going now. It seems it's been a while since I have put a few good ones in a row. Just getting back to being consistent is my short term goal.

Keep at it, mang!

Quote Originally Posted by ebfitness View Post
    Keep at it, mang!
    thanks eb!

Weight: 208.6. Been on a slow steady climb lately, which is expected. I have been slowly increasing calories each week. Calories yesterday: 4167. Workout yesterday was upper body stuff. Still feeling the tendonitis a bit. Yesterday I went for the most part all out for the first time in a long time. This revealed to me the tendonitis is still lingering... BUT I made it through with a good workout and it doesn't feel too bad this morning.

Standing Cable Crunches
    4 sets of 25 - pyramid up in weight

Rotator Cuff Exercises
    3 sets

Bench Press
    bar x 8 x 3 sets
    95 x 5 x 3 sets
    135 x 3 x 2 sets
    185 x 3
    225 x 3
    250 x 3
    275 x 3
    285 x 3 - I'm calling this a rep PR, usually anything over 275 I only do singles

Throughout I was feeling a bit of shoulder discomfort. I feel I am not following the same path with my right arm as my left just slightly. I think I have lost a bit of ROM somehow. I am going in for some massage on my shoulders here soon (Tuesday). I think she is going to start with Trigger Point therapy but she told me we'll see once she gets in there to better know how she can help me. She does a lot of forms of massage, ART included. This will be my first massage therapy of any kind. Anyway I just honed my concentration in on the form as much as possible with total control. The first rep neg was a VERY slow drop on each of the last three sets.

JM Presses
    bar x 10
    95 x 8
    115 x 6
    135 x 5 x 2 sets

DB Lateral Raises
    4 sets - pyramid up in weight - reps: 20, 15, 8, 8

Standing Cable Low Rows
    4 sets - pyramid up in weight - reps: 25, 20, 15, 15

Rvs. Seated Rear Delts on Nautilus Chest Flye Machine
    4 sets - pyramid up in weight - reps: 20, 20, 18, 12

Overall I left the gym feeling good about this session. The JM presses felt like my elbows or tris may pop off the bone, lol, first time I did real JM presses. The lateral raises had a little kicker on the form I saw on an EliteFTS vid, very challenging... the only thing that sucked was the young guys on the bench next to me during bench press. The one guy always wears sunglasses INSIDE the gym! Him and his two buddies were benching and screwing off mostly next to me but he kept bobbing around and joking around with his buds next to where I was benching and I'm thinking dude if you bump this bar while I'm lifting.... well you guys know where that was going.... They were doing trampoline bench off their chests and maxing out, getting buried under weights way too heavy for them is more like it! I wish I had a better gym around me.... I really do....

Quote Originally Posted by crawfBigG View Post
    thanks eb!

Weight: 208.6. Been on a slow steady climb lately, which is expected. I have been slowly increasing calories each week. Calories yesterday: 4167. Workout yesterday was upper body stuff. Still feeling the tendonitis a bit. Yesterday I went for the most part all out for the first time in a long time. This revealed to me the tendonitis is still lingering... BUT I made it through with a good workout and it doesn't feel too bad this morning.

Standing Cable Crunches
    4 sets of 25 - pyramid up in weight

Rotator Cuff Exercises
    3 sets

Bench Press
    bar x 8 x 3 sets
    95 x 5 x 3 sets
    135 x 3 x 2 sets
    185 x 3
    225 x 3
    250 x 3
    275 x 3
    285 x 3 - I'm calling this a rep PR, usually anything over 275 I only do singles

Throughout I was feeling a bit of shoulder discomfort. I feel I am not following the same path with my right arm as my left just slightly. I think I have lost a bit of ROM somehow. I am going in for some massage on my shoulders here soon (Tuesday). I think she is going to start with Trigger Point therapy but she told me we'll see once she gets in there to better know how she can help me. She does a lot of forms of massage, ART included. This will be my first massage therapy of any kind. Anyway I just honed my concentration in on the form as much as possible with total control. The first rep neg was a VERY slow drop on each of the last three sets.

JM Presses
    bar x 10
    95 x 8
    115 x 6
    135 x 5 x 2 sets

DB Lateral Raises
    4 sets - pyramid up in weight - reps: 20, 15, 8, 8

Standing Cable Low Rows
    4 sets - pyramid up in weight - reps: 25, 20, 15, 15

Rvs. Seated Rear Delts on Nautilus Chest Flye Machine
    4 sets - pyramid up in weight - reps: 20, 20, 18, 12

Overall I left the gym feeling good about this session. The JM presses felt like my elbows or tris may pop off the bone, lol, first time I did real JM presses. The lateral raises had a little kicker on the form I saw on an EliteFTS vid, very challenging... the only thing that sucked was the young guys on the bench next to me during bench press. The one guy always wears sunglasses INSIDE the gym! Him and his two buddies were benching and screwing off mostly next to me but he kept bobbing around and joking around with his buds next to where I was benching and I'm thinking dude if you bump this bar while I'm lifting.... well you guys know where that was going.... They were doing trampoline bench off their chests and maxing out, getting buried under weights way too heavy for them is more like it! I wish I had a better gym around me.... I really do....
    I have to fight the urge to not go all "dad" like on the 19 yr old douches in my gym. You know, like slapping them in the mouth and saying, "Settle down, young man!"

Quote Originally Posted by ebfitness View Post
    I have to fight the urge to not go all "dad" like on the 19 yr old douches in my gym. You know, like slapping them in the mouth and saying, "Settle down, young man!"
    I know totally what u mean, I really don't care what they do as long as they ain't bustin' up what I'm trying to do....

Weigh-in: 207.8. End of week 3 calorie bumping... up a couple more pounds. Workout felt really good today. Lower body speed and strengthening. Well minus the tremendous calf cramp I got while trying to do some pseudo GHRs, but other than that, great energy, great drive and focus.

Pulldown Abs - 3 sets before squats and sldls, 4 sets after
    7 sets of 25 pyramid up in weight

Leg Ext. and Lying Leg Curl Supersets to get warm
    2 sets of 20 on each

LAF Box Squats - explosive
    bar x 8 x 3 sets
    95 x 5 x 3 sets
    135 x 3 x 2 sets
    185 x 2 x 2 sets
    195 x 2 x 2 sets
    205 x 2 x 2 sets
    215 x 2 x 2 sets
    225 x 2 x 2 sets

SLDL
    bar x 10
    95 x 8
    135 x 8
    185 x 8
    225 x 6
    275 x 6
    315 x 5, then x 4

Hanging Leg Raises
    3 sets of 8

Tried pseudo GHRs on Lat Pulldown
    3 reps - calf cramp!!!
    4 reps - almost calf cramp!!!
    2 reps - HUGE calf cramp!!! I'm done!

Pull Throughs
    4 sets - pyramid up in weight - reps: 15,15,12,12

Leg Press Calf
    7 sets of 20 pyramid up to 3 pps by set 3 then stay there

Felt really inspired and into it today, more than usual, totally focused as if no one else was in the gym, just me and the weight, very fun. Left feeling awesome!

Finding the zone when training gets no better, I will be following along watching the progress that has no choice but to happen,with hard training drive and good supplements

Quote Originally Posted by xl game on View Post
    Finding the zone when training gets no better, I will be following along watching the progress that has no choice but to happen,with hard training drive and good supplements
    Thanks for checking in bud... yeah I love it when I get in the zone, feels great....damn we ever gonna get anything out of 'em on that Bulk contest, what the hell???

Weight: 209. Just under 5300 calories yesterday and I went up only 1.2 lbs.? Might hit the gym today, not decided yet whether I'm going today or tomorrow. I forgot to put in my session yesterday I did 4 sets of single leg cable kickbacks also. I really been focusing on getting my posterior chain stronger. I think it is a big part of my low back issues. I can't rebuild my discs but I can get everything around it stronger....

Weight: 210.4. Way less calories yesterday and I bump up..? Whatever I'll take it. Tendonitis hindered workout yesterday. Started out ok but the tendonitis was winning by halfway through. Just did what I could the rest of the way.

Pull Down Abs - 7 sets, 3 before bench and tri work, 4 sets after
    Pyramid up for 3 sets then stay - all sets - 25 reps

Rotator Cuff Exercises
    3 sets

Speed Bench
    bar x 8 x 3 sets
    95 x 5 x 3 sets
    135 x 3 x 2 sets
    175 x 3 x 2 sets
    185 x 3 x 2 sets
    195 x 3 x 2 sets
    205 x 3 x 2 sets

Dumbbell Tricep Extensions
    15s x 12
    25s x 8
    35s x 8 x 3 sets - this is where I started feeling it

Bent Rows
    bar x 15
    95 x 10
    135 x 8
    185 x 8
    225 x stopped, bicep killing me

Suitcase Rows
    worked up to just 2|25s on the barbell, about as heavy as I could go without too much pain, 8 reps with focus on contractions, 4 sets

Cable Rear Delts ss with band traction stretching
    4 sets of 15, pyramid up each set

DB Side Laterals ss with some shoulder rehab exercises I saw in a vid, don't know what they are called. You lay on your stomach and with the arms straight raise the hands up off the ground at the 10 and 2 position, 9 and 3 and 8 and 4, ten second holds. Like Supermans but only raising your arms
    4 sets on 10, pyramid up each set

About 3-4 days of DMZ3 left

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast