Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RX MEMBER

Cool Anavar and Clen stack

Hey Ladies,
    I've been following Tammy and Sassy awhile, but never had the courage to join and post until now. Its been a long time since I've been on any forums, so please excuse any "bad manners".

I was wanting your advice on a Clen/Var stack. I am a female, 27yo, 5'7", CW- 168 appr 22% bfp (though i haven't had this done in awhile). I do around 50 mins of weight training 5x per week in the am (with a light cardio warm up and cool down -my sets are currently: med weight, 15-20 reps (or until failure), supersetted, 3x through each workout. I also attend various Fusion Fitness classes mostly for fun in the pm after work (body-weight based, high intensity workouts, burn appr 450-550 cals per workout). I eat very clean, just cut calories down to 1900 from 2100. 40% p/20% f/40% c. I am DEFINITELY considered a pear shape (hello saddlebags!!) which im fine with, i just really want to lean out. I gain muscle extremely well, and have no problems bulking -only thing is im ready to lean, not bulk. Daily caloric expenditure is appr 2,400 cals on an average day (get this from multiple day tracking from Polar).

I have a vacation April 5th that im trying to see good results for, and what I've been doing isnt cutting it anymore as im just 3 months out now. Im willing to do whatever it takes to see my lean results, so bring on the advice!

Ive taken clen before and saw great results (highest dose was only 30mcg -got intense headaches any higher, 2wks on, 2wks off. I've taken var before and saw more of a body acne breakout than i did any real results (highest dose was 10mg am and 5mg pm for last 5 days), 6 wk cycle.

Any advice on stacking them?
    thanks in advance! Im exited to hear your opinions!
    ~K Sue

Edit: have been a high level athlete all my life, have been eating clean and training hard consistently for 2 years after leaving an abusive relationship that did major metabolic damage (i weighed 115 and ate/drank appr 400 cals per day without even knowing it). Anyway, back to being healthy and on track!
    Last edited by KSue; 01-04-2014 at 11:21 AM.

RX MEMBER

Default Anyone out there??

Bump 27 views and no one has any advice?

Start here for info: http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...omen-amp-Drugs

However since you've done them both already, you know what they are. There is nothing special about running the two together since there are no contraindications and they don't interact, and they are not affecting the same systems.

Although you didn't go into a lot of detail about your previous experiences, I can tell you that nothing will change between using them separately than using them together. Some additional comments I would make, which are also included in the above link:

1) Clen - determine the dosing that works for you - heavily dependent on the stuff you have (clen seems to never be very consistent in dosing these days) - so run it like described in the article - it will help you determine what you can handle relative to whatever stuff you get.

2) Clen - supplement w/ L-taurine to help w/ the cramping.

3) Clen - determine if it is worth using - the gain in fat loss is sorta ok but if you find yourself losing sleep and experiencing high stress from the shakes or tension headache, IMO you're negating whatever fat loss you are gaining w/ cortisol-induced fat retention from the stress of using it. These supplements shouldn't compromise your quality of life which, again IMO, negates whatever "gain" you're getting from the sup of your body can't handle it well.

4) Var - unless you're already lean (i.e. < 15% bf), don't expect var to do all the work if your goal is fat loss. If you work w/ the var cycle, you will get where you want - focusing on the diet & training - but don't be surprised if you find yourself initially getting "thick" or experiencing water retention with it. Var is NOT a fat burner. It is still a steroid.

5) Diet - You don't give any details about your diet except dropping cal intake - I've had great results for competition prep following a carb rotation. Your diet is what will get you lower in bodyfat and not the drugs - so I'd probably recommend you post more detail about your diet so we can see if we can optimize that. The drugs will support whatever you are doing and the biggest gain from var is in recovery if you train fucking balls to the wall. Otherwise IMO you don't need either of these drugs and an optimized diet will get you to a place that is maintainable.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

IFBB Pro & Senior Forum Administrator tammyp's Avatar

I have nothing more to add! sassy covered it.

var is for gaining some size and holding on to what you have already. don't expect anything huge in terms of fat loss.

id like to see more of diet.
    APS HI TECH PHARMACEUTICALS ATHLETE
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY
    www.team-tammyfitness.com
    pushpullgrind.com code TEAM TAMMY

And welcome to RX! Please don't hesitate to ask questions or shoot any of us a PM!
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

RX MEMBER

Just the two i was hoping to hear from!! Thanks for the welcome; and thanks for the help!

Current plan is:
    530am wake up
    6am fasted workout (5 min cardio warm up, 50 mins lifting, 3 mile bike)
    730 protein shake
    830 apple w 2tbsp almond butter
    10 4 oz chicken, 4oz quinoa/brown rice blend., 1/2c fresh green veg
    1 4 oz steak, 4 oz red potatoe, 1/2c veg, 1/2c Fage 0%
    345 same as 10am meal
    530 HIT body-weight cardio based workout
    630 protein shake
    7 same as 1pm meal, 1/2 avocado, 1c lowfat cottage cheese
    9pm bed

^^roughly an average day (minus the past week bc i have been super sick)

avg cal expenditure 2400-2600 cals on these days. Food intake appr 1900cals.
    Last edited by KSue; 01-06-2014 at 11:58 PM.

diet seems pretty good, but looks to me a lot more that 1900 cals. have you plugged this into MFP? do you weigh and measure? though you are eating more to maintain than lose. I would drop cals to 1750.
    my advice. EAT BEFORE YOU LIFT. ALWAYS, stop the 2 a day cardio and do a 15-20 min hiit 4 days a week.
    Last edited by tammyp; 01-07-2014 at 05:34 AM.
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY

I'd say the same - put your food where you'll use it. I know a few people who thrive on fasted training, but I"m not one of them. You're already fasted (overnight) and then burning up whatever remaining glycogen and if there's none left, you start catabolizing muscle.

Instead of worrying about clen & steroids, I'd start by revamping your routine - revisit your diet. Confirm your cal intake, and then I'd put in a carb rotation - low carb intake on recovery days. We're about the same stats - I've repeated cut all the way down to 6% on a targeted carb rotation at around 1750 cals. And gotten stronger before dialing into the last 6 weeks pre-contest. And not suffered from feeling like I'm starving.

Training-wise - I'd eat before training in the morning and change up the cardio like Tammy suggests. At the very least just changing the cardio that you are doing now & diet will produce some results. Cycling your training & cardio activities produces amazing results when you nudge your metabolism to respond vs repeatedly beating it to death w/ the same / too much all the time.
    ~Jack Lalanne

Great info thank you ladies for sharing. Have thought about doing Anavar and just worried about effects of me having kids. Clen I have used and it worked well for me but focused on diet before to make sure I was fully at a plateau.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathk View Post
    Great info thank you ladies for sharing. Have thought about doing Anavar and just worried about effects of me having kids. Clen I have used and it worked well for me but focused on diet before to make sure I was fully at a plateau.
    RE: using steroids and pregnancy - the point is to have the compound clear your system before you attempt to get pregnant - general guidance is to leave 6 months after your last cycle before attempting. Obviously no guarantees and you need to understand the compounds you're using, particularly their half-lives and detection times, but I'm not aware of anything that says "you used steroids so you can never have kids".
    ~Jack Lalanne

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    diet seems pretty good, but looks to me a lot more that 1900 cals. have you plugged this into MFP? do you weigh and measure? though you are eating more to maintain than lose. I would drop cals to 1750.
    my advice. EAT BEFORE YOU LIFT. ALWAYS, stop the 2 a day cardio and do a 15-20 min hiit 4 days a week.
    yes! I use MFP and track. I also do weigh foods as well w a scale (veggies ill just use a measuring cup loosely tho). i appreciate the great advice. Funny you both mention easing up on cardio -ive always been teased by gym friends that i have "cardio plague" (meaning i do anything and everything i can to not have to do cardio lol). I guess that's why I picked up the high intensity body-weight workout class for fun, bc its "cardio based" without being stuck on a stair machine.

Sassy and Tammy (or anyone), can you guys explain what your process is, starting at 12wks before a show, to be ready to compete? Workout, food intake, supps, etc.

thanks!!

I don't think you're going to find one cookie cutter approach. I've used a variety of them but all of them generally follow the same types of things we've mentioned:

- don't start out doing a pile of cardio - where do you have to take it as you get closer to show time? If you're at 2 hrs / day at 10 hrs / day - are you going to increase to 4 hrs / day at 2 weeks out? Leave room to increase - and don't overdo one part of your diet/training/cardio/recovery - it's about finding a balance of all of them that leaves you room to tweak as you go forward and based on how your body responds.
    - diet - don't eat too much w/ the assumption that more cardio will balance it out. Also even within your diet you can find cycles to optimize and also to cut and refeed as you go. There are a thousand variations of macronutrient and calorie variations and cycles to leverage.
    - balance all the time you put into training & cardio w/ sufficient recovery - otherwise you just burn out, look flat on stage and will rebound like a bitch when its all over.
    - start at a reasonable point - me personally - my body likes to hold bodyfat and I have a hard time conditioning so I'd start at least 16 weeks out. Also depends on what you set out to accomplish in your off-season.
    ~Jack Lalanne

I usually do a 16 week prep, and I have never ever used more than 40 mins. last season it was 20 mins HIIT, 5 x week. one year, I did none. cardio is a tool. diet rules the roost.
    Hersuppz.com code TAMMY

RX MEMBER

I've used anavar a few time for competition prep and as the other ladies said, Anavar is definitely not a fat burner. If your diet is not tight you will look thicker in certain areas. I recently started another cycle of anavar liquid form 12.5 mg (twice a day) after 1 month someone commented how it looked like i put on weight but when they touched my legs and saw me up close they commented how hard I felt. After that comment though I have tightened up my diet which makes the var results amazing: i get great pumps in the gym, which I've never felt before and things have started tightening up especially the ab area.

RX MEMBER

I am new this site, and I see that you all are VERY informant on this topic. I am hoping you all can help me. I am 5'2, weighing 128 22% BF. I have been lifting and doing alot of different diet approaches for years now. Last year I did run var as well, I was 120 at 17%, was hoping to get BETTER this year. I have currently been doing the Dave Palumbo "shredding diet" (if you are not familiar) which consists of 1 day all protein (MFP totals calories at 794), 2 days protein fats (MFP Totals 1522), and then follow that. However, I do know that the data I found is old and could be outdated. I have been doing that for 5 weeks now and not seeing any results. I work out at 5AM fasted...was doing 40 min low intensity cardio in AM, then PM workouts (5 days/week). I was hoping to drop because I was starting an anavar cyle. So I did the plan for 2 weeks, then introduced var, which I run 10mgs/day. So I am now still following this Dave Palumbo plan 5 weeks now, and not seeing much. Do you think my calories are too low? Should I bring carbs back into my life? I am just getting frustrated...Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast