Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Good luck!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by misscocoj View Post
    Good luck!!!!!

Thanks girl!!! I see you found me on Instagram. Thanks for following!

Well, if I wasn't nervous before, I definitely got nervous when I got to check-ins. There are over 200 bikini competitors, and everyone looked fit and gorgeous and on top of their game. It was kind of intimidating! As soon as I got there, I scoped out the crowd and made friends with a couple of girls who looked laid-back and it turns out we have some mutual friends, so that was cool. Anyway, I'm all good to go. I will be Class A, novice and open. Number 74, baby!

After check-ins I went upstairs to get my first coat of tan. I was relieved that it was just me and the girl who is doing my tan, hair, and makeup. Even then it was still weird being naked in front of a total stranger! All I kept thinking was, "oh man... I hope I shaved well enough down there." LOL. She was cool though.

Rolling suitcase all packed and ready to go. I need to cook up a little more food, eat another meal, and send my coach some pics. Then bedtime... if I can sleep that is! Athlete meeting at 8am tomorrow, then hair, makeup, and final coat of tan, and judging starts at 10am... so, in about 12 hours. Holy crap!

My goal for this show was simply to do the show and look like I fit in with the rest of the girls on stage, and it looks like I am going to achieve that goal, not to mention achieve my dream of competing - finally. I never thought I could do it, and here I am, sitting here in my spray tan! Hehe.

Hey good luck girl! I hope you had a blast! Looking forward to updates

So - dream achieved. BOOM.

My first bikini competition was an amazing experience! I definitely achieved my goal of doing the show and looking like I belonged on stage. I will be back again soon with more thoughts. In the meantime, here are a few pictures taken by family and friends. Enjoy! You can also check out musclecontest.com for the professional stage pics:

http://gallery.musclecontest.com/index.php?page=competitor&entry_id=19678

1240381_10152275696601203_2138192163_n.jpg1497635_470961229699191_603098703_n.jpg

1622869_10202348501846530_788954507_n.jpgIMG_6872.jpg
    Last edited by ChelseaCompetes; 03-20-2014 at 02:55 AM.

One week post-show. I took several days off from the gym and my meal plan to give my mind and body a litle break, which has been really nice! Now I'm preparing to get back into the swing of things. Just got my new plan from my coach, which includes a lot of food, minimal cardio, and heavy lifting. I'm stoked! My goals are to put on more muscle (especially in my upper body), get leaner, and compete again in the late summer or early fall. I had such a great experience at my first show that I can't wait for the next one.

Just had my first heavy leg day since my comp! I was a little intimidated by the new workout, but it turned out just fine. Killed it as a matter of fact! I had some new exercises in my plan, such as the inverted leg press and backward lunges to a balancing position. My gym does not have an inverted leg press, so I had to improvise with a Smith machine and a bench. Was a little worried but I worked it out!

I will actually be training legs three days a week (as I did during prep). Monday is quads with some hamstrings and glutes. Wednesday is hammies, and Friday glutes. As my Bronzed Divas teammates would say, I am working on my "shelf life" pretty hard. Hehe.

Last week, I did train hamstrings with my husband just for fun. We have not been training together at all due to the fact that I have been in prep, and as a competitive bodybuilder, he cannot train the way a bikini competitor would. LOL. We actually don't even train at the same gym. So, when there is an opportunity for us to train together now, we take it. We used to train together all the time and we both miss it.

Default Chelsea Competes: My Journey From A "Normal Girl" to an NPC Bikini Competitor!

I'm training legs twice a week, booty and hams, and calves and quads separate. How is that going for you? My boyfriend is a boxer so I feel you on training together. Lol

Last edited by misscocoj; 03-25-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaCompetes View Post
    Well, it's the day before... I can't believe it! I am eating all of my meals plain now - no seasonings to cut out all added sodium. Water intake has dropped and will be cut down to just an ounce a meal by noon today. Eek! I'm a little nervous about that because I always get headaches when I am dehydrated. Shaved my whole body last night... it's very strange not having any hair on my arms. Hehe.

I'm about to head off to the nail salon (no lotion though) and then take my last shower and do my final exfoliation. I am not going to the office today but I have a few loose ends at work that need to be taken care of, which are hanging over my head and stressing me out a little. Ugh. I can work from home but it still frustrates me because I was hoping to not even have to think about work today.

Check-ins early this evening and then my first tan afterwards. Judging starts in 25 hours. Holy crap! I can't believe it's almost time!
    How did it go girly???

Just had my first heavy leg day since my comp! I was a little intimidated by the new workout, but it turned out just fine. Killed it as a matter of fact! I had some new exercises in my plan, such as the inverted leg press and backward lunges to a balancing position. My gym does not have an inverted leg press, so I had to improvise with a Smith machine and a bench. Was a little worried but I worked it out!

I will actually be training legs three days a week (as I did during prep). Monday is quads with some hamstrings and glutes. Wednesday is hammies, and Friday glutes. As my Bronzed Divas teammates would say, I am working on my "shelf life" pretty hard. Hehe.

Last week, I did train hamstrings with my husband just for fun. We have not been training together at all due to the fact that I have been in prep, and as a competitive bodybuilder, he cannot train the way a bikini competitor would. LOL. We actually don't even train at the same gym. So, when there is an opportunity for us to train together now, we take it. We used to train together all the time and we both miss it.
    I LOVE to train the week after a show!! Crazy pumps haha! pics looked awesome

Training legs three days a week can be tough, but I like having a day specifically for hamstrings, and another specifically for booty. Those are two areas that I need to bring up. They lag a little behind my quads... and plus, I feel like there is no such thing as too much booty.

Sometimes I feel like the show was just part of my dream. I even look at pictures and think, "is that really me?" Hehe. Need to keep telling myself "YOU DID IT. YOU CONQUERED YOUR DREAM." And then I'm like, "okay, what's next?"

I placed 8th of 13 women in the open division, and 16th (DNP) of 28 women in the novice division. Of course I wanted to place higher, but being that this was my first show ever, I set my goals as simply to do it, look comfortable and like I fit in on stage, look the best I ever have, and gain experience. Tried not to have any expectations about placings.

My coach gave me the go-ahead last week to pick my next show. I have tentatively chosen the Pacific USA on August 16th here in San Diego - 19 weeks away. So, I have 19 weeks to put on some more muscle, especially on my upper body, get leaner, and get stage-ready. I want to be leaner and tighter this time. I am struggling to decide whether or not I want to have a goal in terms of placing. Part of me feels like I should, and another part does not.

Just sent my update to my coach informing her of what a mess last week was. I got sick for a couple of days, but more than that, I got into a bad place mentally where I felt beat down and lacked motivation. I think I have my mind right now though. 19 weeks until my goal show. Let's do this!!!

Yay! Good luck. At least you placed in middle ground, I know I shouldn't have expectations but my worst fear is placing dead last in my first show smh. It's the competitor in me.

IFBB PRO, Bros V Pros X Champion The Prodigy's Avatar

Training legs three days a week can be tough, but I like having a day specifically for hamstrings, and another specifically for booty. Those are two areas that I need to bring up. They lag a little behind my quads... and plus, I feel like there is no such thing as too much booty.

Sometimes I feel like the show was just part of my dream. I even look at pictures and think, "is that really me?" Hehe. Need to keep telling myself "YOU DID IT. YOU CONQUERED YOUR DREAM." And then I'm like, "okay, what's next?"

I placed 8th of 13 women in the open division, and 16th (DNP) of 28 women in the novice division. Of course I wanted to place higher, but being that this was my first show ever, I set my goals as simply to do it, look comfortable and like I fit in on stage, look the best I ever have, and gain experience. Tried not to have any expectations about placings.

My coach gave me the go-ahead last week to pick my next show. I have tentatively chosen the Pacific USA on August 16th here in San Diego - 19 weeks away. So, I have 19 weeks to put on some more muscle, especially on my upper body, get leaner, and get stage-ready. I want to be leaner and tighter this time. I am struggling to decide whether or not I want to have a goal in terms of placing. Part of me feels like I should, and another part does not.

Sick is my middle name! Everytime I get back to the gym and start cardio I get sick..again! Happened 3 times already! What motivates me is to put quotes that are meaningful in places I see them often..on mirrors, on my elliptical, on my desk at work...etc.. When all else fails I call a friend to get me out of gutter! Glad to see you are moving forward! I am following along!!!

Woo Hoo! Good for you lil mama!!! You look beautiful!
    Here's to what comes next! Recover, eat, train hard, grow some quality muscle & go for it again! Great job!

Oh my gosh ladies... I'm almost embarassed to even be posting here right now! It's been so long and I fell so hard. That post-show rebound is no joke! Between playing catch-up at work/being in trial prep, and my lack of focus/motivation, I haven't been consistent with my nutrition and training. Argh! It's so frustrating because I swore up and down that I would not allow this to happen! Needless to say, I will not be competing on August 16th as planned. New goal: the NPC Irongames in Culver City on November 8th. I am just under 15 weeks out and starting my prep now! Depending on how things go, I may also do the Excalibur the following month. Anyway, I am just going to try not to beat myself up, and instead focus on my current prep and what I can do to bring a better package than I did last time.

On a related note my husband just stepped back on the bodybuilding stage after a 3-year hiatus due to a head injury. He took third in the unlimited LHW division at the L.A. Championships a couple of weekends ago... he was very happy but of course he wanted #1! Hehe. He will be doing the Orange County next weekend and the goal is to be harder and drier.

10483067_10152547282486203_7457067137660073299_n.jpg

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast