Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Woo hoo! I ordered my clear heels and those are on the way. I'm going to start wearing them around the house when they arrive so I can break them in and get used to them. My roommate is going to think I'm so weird... haha.

So freakin' hungry today! I am shoveling down this tilapia like it's the best thing I've ever eaten. LOL. I am PMS'ing so this is going to be kind of a rough week I think.

Good luck with that, mine is late smh 😒 idk if it's working out, stress or if I should be worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by misscocoj View Post
    Good luck with that, mine is late smh  idk if it's working out, stress or if I should be worried.
    Mine is late too! Stress and changes in nutrition and levels of physical activity can do that to us, I've heard (and experienced myself a few times). If you're feeling okay otherwise, I wouldn't worry about it too much. How are things going for ya?

Last week was definitely a rough week, especially due to work. I had to sneak my training in whenever I could, and I missed some meals, core work, and cardio. Ugh. But it's okay - this week is going to be better! At least, that's what I'm telling myself. Hehe. A little less than 7 weeks to go now!

Got a new plan from my coach. I started carb cycling today - 4 low days, 1 high day - and increased my cardio from 4 days a week to 6. We are also going to add a squeem into the mix, which I am not looking forward to! Clear heels arrived last week, and I had my first posing practice this weekend. Oh man... I have a lot of work to do.

I went to the L.A. Fit Expo on Saturday and got to meet a couple of my Bronzed Divas teammates, which was awesome. The team is based in Seattle so I'm glad there are a few other local Divas around. After the expo, I went to train delts and arms at Golds Gym Venice. Dana Linn Bailey walked in right after I did - and I got so freakin' excited that I could barely focus on training after that! I looooove her.

Anyway. New week, new opportunity to progress. Let's do this!

RX MEMBER

Default Hi Chelsea!

Hi Chelsea! Loved reading your Bio. SD Championships was my first show in 2012. I am currently living on the east coast for a few months. Congrats on making the decision and goal to compete. You're going to do great. Sounds like you have a solid leader and team behind and with you. Jon Lindsay's Muscle Contest Competitions are the best of the best. Very solid and well done. You are a blessed lady first Hawaii and then San Diego I love both places. In fact they are my two most favorite places in the world and I have been all over the U.S. and a few destinations overseas. Pleasure to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtofAWarrior View Post
    Hi Chelsea! Loved reading your Bio. SD Championships was my first show in 2012. I am currently living on the east coast for a few months. Congrats on making the decision and goal to compete. You're going to do great. Sounds like you have a solid leader and team behind and with you. Jon Lindsay's Muscle Contest Competitions are the best of the best. Very solid and well done. You are a blessed lady first Hawaii and then San Diego I love both places. In fact they are my two most favorite places in the world and I have been all over the U.S. and a few destinations overseas. Pleasure to meet you.
    Nice to meet you too! Thanks for checking out my journal. I am really excited to do my first show. I'm glad to hear that you did the same show and had a positive experience!

IFBB PRO, Bros V Pros X Champion The Prodigy's Avatar

CONGRATS ON EARNING TRAINING JOURNAL OF THE MONTH!

Thank you for being such an integral part of RX Girl!
    Your journal is wonderful! Good luck in 2014! We can't wait to watch you hit the stage for the first time!

chelsea.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigy View Post
    CONGRATS ON EARNING TRAINING JOURNAL OF THE MONTH!

Thank you for being such an integral part of RX Girl!
    Your journal is wonderful! Good luck in 2014! We can't wait to watch you hit the stage for the first time!

chelsea.jpg
    Oh wow!!! Thank you Gail!!! I am so glad I decided to stop in today. I have been feeling so tired and hungry and work has been crazy on top of all that... so not a lot of time spent journaling.

So yes, I am just about 5.5 weeks out from my show. I do not think I will peak for this show, but it's okay... my goal is simply just to get on stage for the first time. This is the first San Diego NPC show of the 2014 season and there are many more scheduled, so I can always pick another one. Anyway, I am trying not to worry about what's going to happen in 5.5 weeks just so that I can keep my sanity. I am always thinking just a step ahead so I don't get overwhelmed. Meal prep is about as far ahead as I can handle. Hehe.

Last Saturday I Skyped with my coach and she helped me with my posing. I am now practicing every night after my lift and abs at the gym. I am working on getting the stance for my front and back poses down. The hardest part is remembering what to do with my arms! I always want to tense them up and hold them in funny ways. I am also practicing my transitions. So glad that Coach Diana was able to give me proper instructions there, because I just wasn't getting the footwork right on my own by watching videos and stuff.

I am carb cycling right now and it is starting to wear me down a little bit with the fatigue and cravings. I am really pushing hard though and am proud of myself for sticking to my meal plan throughout all the Super Bowl festivities. I just have to keep pushing. There is a lot of work to do and not much time left!

5.5wks! Soooo close, yet still a good bit of time! Stay focused, follow the plan and you'll be great.

Quote Originally Posted by nic902 View Post
    5.5wks! Soooo close, yet still a good bit of time! Stay focused, follow the plan and you'll be great.
    Thanks for the support! I am just putting one foot in front of the other at this point. I never realized how exhausting prep can be when you have so many other things going on. I have seen others do it many times before, but observing and doing are two completely different ball games. I try to compartmentalize everything (i.e. work, gym, personal) and keep it somewhat separate so I don't get freaked out, but it's a struggle for me. I often find myself worrying about work stuff while I'm at the gym, and vice versa. I would like to stop doing that, so I can stay focused on the moment and complete whatever task is in front of me, more effectively.

Coach wants me to add a squeem into the mix, so I ordered one and it's on its way to me now. I will also be ordering my bikini tonight - finally! Had to wait for my paycheck. I am ordering a custom suit from Ravish Sands and I'm so excited! Shit is starting to get real. Hehe.

Anyway, I have to get back to work - we have a deadline tomorrow! In the meantime here is a sneak peek from posing practice last weekend:

1795631_10152181786906203_636869790_n.jpg

Having my first major freak-out/"I wanna give up" moment... and it is not fun. I am sitting here eating my chicken breast and brussell sprouts and wanting to cry. LOL. Guess it doesn't help that I'm ending my period and my hormones are all over the damn place. I am really bloated today for some reason, and I just feel really anxious. I don't feel like I look like I'm 5 weeks out. Obviously I could always do a later show... but I feel bad because my parents are coming from freakin Hawaii for my first show and have already booked their flights and hotels. Aaaahhhhh. I need to talk to my coach so she can set me straight, but she is at work right now and can't answer her phone. I gotta reel this shit in guys!

Great journal!! I did my first figure competition in October last year and reading your journal brought back a lot of memories. I found the girls at RX Muscle to be full of great information, advice and support!! Glad your here and glad you made the decision to compete. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done but also, one of the most rewarding and exciting. Sounds like you are right on track. Keep pushing. You will be surprised how much your body will continue to change over the next several weeks. I look forward to following your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by tekcrna View Post
    Great journal!! I did my first figure competition in October last year and reading your journal brought back a lot of memories. I found the girls at RX Muscle to be full of great information, advice and support!! Glad your here and glad you made the decision to compete. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done but also, one of the most rewarding and exciting. Sounds like you are right on track. Keep pushing. You will be surprised how much your body will continue to change over the next several weeks. I look forward to following your journey.
    Thank you! Glad you read and enjoyed. I think my decision to compete was a long time coming... it just took a while before I finally took the plunge. I have been training off and on for the past four years, but it took having my personal life flipped completely upside down to push me into the decision. At one point in the not-so-distant past, stepping on stage was just a dream for me that seemed unattainable. But now it's going to be a reality and I'm so happy for that.

I had a freak-out there for a few days... I knew prep was going to be challenging but I was not expecting my hormones to take me on such a crazy ass rollercoaster! I was acting like a total nutjob for a little while. Everything worried me. Everything made me cry. But now I'm back to my old self. Talked to Coach Diana and then our team head Coach CJ and they set me straight. What really hit home for me was when CJ said, "the way I see it, you have 5 weeks of opportunity ahead of you." He emphasized to me the importance of "radiating success" and how he has seen a person go from stage-ready to out of shape pretty much overnight due to their body's poor reaction to worrying and stress. So I have managed to flip my switch back to "let's do this" mode instead of "I can't do this." I really need to be point now, especially since Diana just added 25 minutes of interval cardio to my plan 3x a week after training (in addition to the 30 minutes of fasted cardio I am doing 6 mornings a week). Woo hoo!

All in all - successful Monday in the books. Did my fasted cardio, spent 9 hours in the office, came home, packed tomorrow's meals, trained legs, did more cardio, abs, posing practice, and got all my meals in. Now it's time to climb into bed and do it all over again tomorrow. One day at a time!

Another day down... 4.5 weeks to go! My squeem should arrive tomorrow. I am really curious to see what effect, if any it has on my physique. I have never used one before, but the girls on my team all love theirs.

Was just hit with a sudden craving for carne asada fries. For those of you who are not familiar with that delectable creation, it is a mound of french fries topped with grilled steak, cheese, and guacamole... sometimes with sour cream and pico de gallo. Ah! Good thing it's bedtime.

Continuing to work on my posing. Practicing for 15 minutes every night. Just trying to get the basic footwork down and remember what to do with my arms, and especially to suck in my tummy!

You are so close!!!! Now is the time to kick it into high gear, stay focused and on track. Practice posing ALL the time. It is true, it will make or break you on the stage. I have not had good carne asana since I left Arizona 7 years ago. Your making my mouth water. Sounds like a good post competition meal. You got this!!

Quote Originally Posted by tekcrna View Post
    You are so close!!!! Now is the time to kick it into high gear, stay focused and on track. Practice posing ALL the time. It is true, it will make or break you on the stage. I have not had good carne asana since I left Arizona 7 years ago. Your making my mouth water. Sounds like a good post competition meal. You got this!!
    Thanks for the encouragement! 4 weeks baby... holy crap! I practice posing for 15 minutes every night and send videos to my coach to review. She says that I have the basics down now and that I need to start adding more personality into my posing. So tonight I tried playing around with that and seeing what I could come up with.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast