Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RX MEMBER

Default RxGirl Journal - Alane Ayat

Hi Ladies, giving journaling a go. A couple of weeks back I started doing my training schedule on a one week out basis. I like this because now my sessions are constantly changing and I am noticing some gains and more definition. Before my schedules would be done by the month. I really like by the week because I can change what I need to weekly. My thing is, is that I get bored easily. I have to have constant change. I keep a training log so this journal is more of a supplement to my journal containing my thoughts about my training. Today I am feeling ok. What I have coined Black week (aka my monthly cycle) started today I am alright pain free at the moment as it can at times get crazy or it has in the past. On days like this though I need pre workout the most so I just had 1 About Time Cleanse (this is a new thermo / cleanse supp from About Time that I am testing out) and 1 scoop of About Time Auxilary (aka Aux pre workout). It is also 3 so my natural energy tends to go up around this time as well. I need it because shortly I have my HIIT. YAY :-) ....well time to go. More soon. xo Alane

IFBB PRO, Bros V Pros X Champion The Prodigy's Avatar

Welcome to RX Girl!! What are your goals for 2014? Are you competing this year?

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigy View Post
    Welcome to RX Girl!! What are your goals for 2014? Are you competing this year?
    Hi @The Prodigy! Thank you :-). Goals are definitely increase flexibility, muscle, and strength. And definitely ready to compete this year. So yes Competitions are on the radar. In fact I am headed to NPCNewsOnline to check out the Bikini Comp Schedule for my area...This year or rather the past 6 months give or take.. I have been less focused on cardio and I see my body is changing so far so great without much cardio... A lot of cardio was incorporated into my training in the past. I like the way my body is progressing without so much cardio. Weight training is by far my favorite activity in the gym. For flexibility I am incorporating more stretching and some yoga. P.S. I am really glad to be back here posting. I feel I need it and it was time to get back to the RxGirl Forum thank you for your warm welcome ..Thoughtfulness, and support to each of us.

Hi Alane! I'm in San Diego too! I'm planning to do the March 15th show - bikini division also.
    Last edited by ChelseaCompetes; 01-27-2014 at 05:15 PM.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaCompetes View Post
    Hi Alane! I'm in San Diego too! I'm planning to do the March 15th show - bikini division also.
    Hi Chelsea! Thanks for saying hello. That was my first show. Wish I were there to do it again. I'm currently on the east coast temporarily. You're going to do fantastic it's a great show. I think I read in your thread you ordered your shoes. How about your suit?

RX MEMBER

I woke up this morning in pain of course ugh really do not like "black week" lol but what woman does. Took two aleve feeling somewhat better. I really don't like taking pain medicine when I am also taking supps like pre workout but the pre workout that I take is pretty natural and mild so good thing for that. I've taken pre workout in the past that I wouldn't dare take with Aleve lol deadly combo. Keeping it natural here. Anyways yesterday training went well knocked out plyo / abs/. Let's see what else. Anyone going to the Arnold in Ohio? I haven't been. I hear it gets packed even more so than the Olympia I love going to the Olympia and I thought that was huge but I hear the Arnold is massive. Sounds fun.

Ooh girl I feel your pain. I get some killer cramps and bloating during that particular week. Aleve always helps me, big-time.

Shoes are here and I've been doing posing practice in them! I am going to order a Ravish Sands suit. Already picked my color and design - just waiting for my paycheck this week so I can place my order.

I have never been to the Arnold, but my husband has. He said it's awesome!

You are dead on with the cardio!!! I too feel like I look much better without daily cardio. I'm sure when it comes time to cut I will have to do more, but no need to rush it! I look forward to seeing your progress this year.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by ChelseaCompetes View Post
    Ooh girl I feel your pain. I get some killer cramps and bloating during that particular week. Aleve always helps me, big-time.

Ugh it sucks ... the life of being a woman. I use Aleve too. It's great for pain but not so much that it is a blood thinner makes flow heavier :-(

Shoes are here and I've been doing posing practice in them! I am going to order a Ravish Sands suit. Already picked my color and design - just waiting for my paycheck this week so I can place my order.

Oooh I know your Bikini is going to be awesome girl I've seen some of the RS Bikinis on IG very nice! Whoop whoop.

I have never been to the Arnold, but my husband has. He said it's awesome!
    I hear it is awesome too. Now I am excited to go :-) it's close to where I live. May as well.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by tekcrna View Post
    You are dead on with the cardio!!! I too feel like I look much better without daily cardio. I'm sure when it comes time to cut I will have to do more, but no need to rush it! I look forward to seeing your progress this year.
    You're right about the look and feel! I prefer cardio free! I just want to be at the point where I am all muscle and don't need to cut using cardio hahahaha lol come on cardio free life! haha ok well maybe not totally free but Weights over cardio for sure. By the way nice to meet you tekcrna!!

RX MEMBER

I am at 119lbs 5'4" last I checked 20% BF! (My lower half) Working on slimming that down significantly. The bodyfat that is. Headed over to do HIIT w/ Glute work.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtofAWarrior View Post
    You're right about the look and feel! I prefer cardio free! I just want to be at the point where I am all muscle and don't need to cut using cardio hahahaha lol come on cardio free life! haha ok well maybe not totally free but Weights over cardio for sure. By the way nice to meet you tekcrna!!
    All muscle and no cardio......oh, my dream!!!! Sounds like we are about the same size. I'm 5'3 and 120. I have not had a recent BF check but I was 12% in late October. I'm so hungry to put on muscle, however, I knows it's going to take time, years and staying focused for the long haul will be the true key to success. Have a great weekend!

RX MEMBER

My Thoughts this morning: Work Smarter. Have a plan. Train harder. Beat your last record. Drink your water. Record in your journal. 5 to 6 meals a day you're well on your way. Some days are tough that's when you really mentally have to push yourself to just do it and get things done. Put another session in the books. Who wants a book at the end of the year with mostly blank pages? Each day is an opportunity to write a new page in your book, so fill the day with all things meaningful and fill your page. Be thankful, be grateful, meditate take a few minutes for yourself and just breath 2 minutes 5 minutes maybe even 10 minutes to go within. See greatness unfold. And finally remember be true to you and listen to your inner voice, that gut feeling inside you the one of truth that is positive and tells you that yes you can do it, you can make ideas happen, you can be your best you. And each day you can do better.

RX MEMBER

Hi ladies just a quick update because I've got to roll lol but I really wanted to make sure I got in a post. I have been away really had to buckle down on studying for my NASM CPT exam and guess what! I passed. It was time. I have been a fitness coach for a long time so the next step was to get certified. Also yesterday I did Back and Legs I split them up a.m. / p.m. due to time and I wanted to get over to Maryland to spend the day with my best friend who will be deploying soon to the Middle East so last night when I returned I knocked out legs. Ok ladies off to train. Hope everyone is well and can't wait to catch up on your journal updates. xo Alane

Love this!
    Quote Originally Posted by artofawarrior View Post
    my thoughts this morning: Work smarter. Have a plan. Train harder. Beat your last record. Drink your water. Record in your journal. 5 to 6 meals a day you're well on your way. Some days are tough that's when you really mentally have to push yourself to just do it and get things done. Put another session in the books. Who wants a book at the end of the year with mostly blank pages? Each day is an opportunity to write a new page in your book, so fill the day with all things meaningful and fill your page. Be thankful, be grateful, meditate take a few minutes for yourself and just breath 2 minutes 5 minutes maybe even 10 minutes to go within. See greatness unfold. And finally remember be true to you and listen to your inner voice, that gut feeling inside you the one of truth that is positive and tells you that yes you can do it, you can make ideas happen, you can be your best you. And each day you can do better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast