Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 174
  1. #31
    OLYMPIAN ~gymdiva~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,350
    Rep Power
    2147841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Tough times for you & your family Sharon .. so not fun (and have been in similar). My heart goes out to you all and the process that it is. Its such a crazy time to have to manage the stress, other people's stress, the sadness, the holding pattern of it all.

    Well... my thoughts are with you and glad you are able to get some balance from training. Generally my whole life starts to just float along when I lose the structure of the gym.
    Yeah this whole thing has been surreal-I def didn't think four weeks after leaving Cali she'd still be alive-we just keep thinking, is she in pain?

    Now my uncle....fuckin'a y'all-he is just crazy....he needs serious help but the way the laws are there is no way we can force it...if he should get violent then it'd be a different story but right now he is just walking that thin line of us not being able to do anything....oh the stories I could tell....



    On a brighter note, dad's bday was the 18th so mom and I took him on a food porn tour of Greensboro-Hahahaha-we wore him out! God bless him but he is just a one thing a day kind of guy....and I don't mean food but rather going places....mom and I could have gone to even more places with all the coffee and sugar we took in!

  2. #32
    OLYMPIAN ~gymdiva~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,350
    Rep Power
    2147841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hulk7510 View Post

  3. #33
    Super Moderator sassy69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Plate Junkie
    Posts
    10,630
    Rep Power
    2147950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~gymdiva~ View Post
    Yeah this whole thing has been surreal-I def didn't think four weeks after leaving Cali she'd still be alive-we just keep thinking, is she in pain?

    Now my uncle....fuckin'a y'all-he is just crazy....he needs serious help but the way the laws are there is no way we can force it...if he should get violent then it'd be a different story but right now he is just walking that thin line of us not being able to do anything....oh the stories I could tell....



    On a brighter note, dad's bday was the 18th so mom and I took him on a food porn tour of Greensboro-Hahahaha-we wore him out! God bless him but he is just a one thing a day kind of guy....and I don't mean food but rather going places....mom and I could have gone to even more places with all the coffee and sugar we took in!
    Dads are unique sorts of people. My dad will support me in just about anything I come up with, but he still prefers to not get involved in stuff that isn't the stuff he likes to do (read: shopping, movies, etc.) I am beyond ecstatic that I was able to get both him & mom to commit to seeing Aretha Franklin in concert in Chicago this spring. I'm just flabbergasted that they agreed, mostly that HE agreed and sounds excited about it vs... "oh ... yea. .. that .. will be fun " (meaning he will manage to fall asleep.)

    The people we love come w/ such a spectrum of habits, idiosyncrasies and things that make them lovable and add dimension to our lives. Its good to remember to just soak that up sometimes and just let the stuff around you just happen. You just gotta be there, and you just gotta "be".

    Really hope everyone involves finds a good place.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne



  4. #34
    OLYMPIAN Granite-Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,741
    Rep Power
    1672949

    Default

    Glad you had fun with your dad. I hope my daughters speak so fondly of me one day.
    Still praying for you and your grandmother.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DON'T BE AVERAGE!!!

  5. #35
    OLYMPIAN ~gymdiva~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,350
    Rep Power
    2147841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    You just gotta be there, and you just gotta "be".

    Really hope everyone involves finds a good place.
    Me, too, and yes....I really am just being right now in more ways than I anticipated

  6. #36
    RX MEMBER ChelseaCompetes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    31924

    Default

    Sending positive vibes your way.

  7. #37
    OLYMPIAN ~gymdiva~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,350
    Rep Power
    2147841

    Default

    My grandmother is finally at peace-she passed away around 3:30pm today

  8. #38
    RX MEMBER ChelseaCompetes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    125
    Rep Power
    31924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~gymdiva~ View Post
    My grandmother is finally at peace-she passed away around 3:30pm today
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

  9. #39
    OLYMPIAN Granite-Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,741
    Rep Power
    1672949

    Default

    I pray that peace is with you also


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DON'T BE AVERAGE!!!

  10. #40
    FREAK cook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ft.Worth Texas
    Posts
    8,623
    Rep Power
    2147880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~gymdiva~ View Post
    My grandmother is finally at peace-she passed away around 3:30pm today
    rest in peace

  11. #41
    OLYMPIAN ~gymdiva~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,350
    Rep Power
    2147841

    Default

    Thank you everyone-her funeral services were this past Tuesday-we're in the decompression phase right now-still a lot to do with all the paperwork stuff and such-I have definitely been eating my way through the emotions-I need to put that back in the gym again instead-my whole system feels like blah

  12. #42
    GIANT ROBOT Tu Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,924
    Rep Power
    2147692

    Default

    Very sorry to hear this... I hope your family makes it through stronger.

  13. #43
    OLYMPIAN ~gymdiva~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,350
    Rep Power
    2147841

    Default

    Could I use your giant robot friend on some family members?

  14. #44
    GIANT ROBOT Tu Holmes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,924
    Rep Power
    2147692

    Default

    Certainly.

    Mi Robot es su Robot.

  15. #45
    OLYMPIAN ~gymdiva~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    7,350
    Rep Power
    2147841

    Default



    Sweet


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •