Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by cook View Post
    Renee Richards I believe was her name.
    Bingo!

I'm old. lol I remember that name, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ~gymdiva~ View Post
    religious I am not but isn't the old testament basically based on things god "told" people to do? so why isn't what DMX brought up valid? you can't conveniently gloss over things just to suit your argument (snip)

but for the topic at hand...if she was post-op and IDing herself as a woman then there was no need to out herself...this sounds more like an attempt to attract attention and a "quick" buck
    DMX has a valid question, imo. And, yeah, typically, this kind of thought process or "The bible told me so" approach runs in combination with glossing over things.

Bill Maher commented on God as a baby killer when discussing Noah's ark and the great flood. Never thought of that. D'OH!

This is why it makes me believe that to God -- a being who has always been -- life is inconsequential. The spirit is what counts and our fleeting existence (what, 100/120 years max?) means zip.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    Jesus made you? So let me ask you a question then, since Jesus gave you a specific type of hair but yet you wear a wig, so this boy wants to be a girl and had a sex change why isnt that allowed?

If you are so true to how you are made you wouldnt wear a wig.
    A sex change is just a tiny bit deeper than a wig, though.

the real question is "would you hit it?

Just kidding.

The real answer is if one HORMONALLY is like the other competitior ( meaning a Endrocrin test) then he or she should be allowed to compete with like individuals.

She is clearly a female now, a should be allowed, I bet you hormone to hormone she is identical to the females bros.

My opinion in recent years has changed when I made a friend who I THOUGHT was a girl all the way, then one day she confessed feelings for me, and then here previous gender techinally, and while I declined the private advance I am still friends..
    Bros I thought 1000% this was a femal till she/he told me her history.
    The fact is there are women who just by chance were born with a little penis by accident that they really dont want there anymore. I am talking they are born with the hormone levels, and looks of a female and for some fluke reason have a penis, I shit you not....................so then they go all the way in some cases to confirm there true identity, and this Crossfitter does seem to fit that bill
    Last edited by OMEGA; 03-17-2014 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA View Post
    The fact is there are women who just by chance were born with a little penis by accident that they really dont want there anymore. I am talking they are born with the hormone levels, and looks of a female and for some fluke reason have a penis, I shit you not....................so then they go all the way in some cases to confirm there true identity, and this Crossfitter does seem to fit that bill
    Exactly.

At 5'4", 151 lbs this person fits the female size stereotypes more than a male's.

Reading that novel Middlesex was an eyeopener.

Jesus, this is about the mosst brutal slaying of the English language ever.

Where did you get your copy of the bible, tupac's dresser?

Quote Originally Posted by CHILDOFGOD View Post
    hey there, WP
    Now to answer ur question.

look, u r a man and will always be how He made u, a man, right, right. u r made up very dif from me, which He made me a woman. if He made man and woman the same, then there would be a big dealin'. He give yall men and us women, such dif DNA, that as Triple said, the y chrome, n yall men, can not be changed. yall men will never have the x chrome. so that mean He made men dif then women. does this help u understand. when i man tries to be somethine He did not made, it is like apple can not change to a peach, a peach is a peach and an apple is an apple. period!

She should have to pay for a study out of her own pocket to prove that after gender re-assignment, there's is no physical advantage. Otherwise fuck her/him/it.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Bingo!

I'm old. lol I remember that name, too.

DMX has a valid question, imo. And, yeah, typically, this kind of thought process or "The bible told me so" approach runs in combination with glossing over things.

Bill Maher commented on God as a baby killer when discussing Noah's ark and the great flood. Never thought of that. D'OH!

This is why it makes me believe that to God -- a being who has always been -- life is inconsequential. The spirit is what counts and our fleeting existence (what, 100/120 years max?) means zip.

A sex change is just a tiny bit deeper than a wig, though.
    Very much so but my point is shouldnt everyone do what makes them happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-H_2005 View Post
    Good for them.

I have about as much use for CrossFit as a hog does a saddle, but they're in the right here and the LGBT lobby can go suck it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken.

He's a man. Period. I don't care how many surgeries he has or how utterly he pays a surgeon to mangle his penis.

At the end of the day, that pesky y-chromosome just can't be cut away.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Triple-H_2005 again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Sexy View Post
    Plus, if someone is going to go through the effort and ridiculousness of having a sexual reassignment surgery ... I think it should be kind of allowed for them to compete in crossfit... of all sports.
    As a female to male transgender I find this comment disgusting and ignorant especially coming from someone who is supposed to be well educated.

This is interesting ... the question of how does Crossfit know ?? i am wondering if you have to give in a birth certificate or something ?? That said ... when you do transgender surgery, do you keep your original certificates or do you get the opportunity to change your ID's to say Male to Female OR Female to Male ?? Kind of like when you get married & you have the opportunity to change your name & you have to provide a certificate --Do you provide a certificate to change your gender?? That is probably how this whole thing happened ...

IMO - I think there probably have to be some guidelines set for this as this topic will probably come up more ...

it is definitely a good debate ...
    Last edited by Nancy; 03-19-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Ex Ass, now just annoying swingslammer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh Penman View Post
    As a female to male transgender I find this comment disgusting and ignorant especially coming from so

meone who is supposed to be well educated.
    Education in no way means acceptance, this is your cross to bear. You choose to make the change. I can see how it would be a touchy subject for you and how your feelings would differ from the majority of people on it.

That being said.....I want to convert to old school Mormanism and have 10 wives to serve my every whim and bear me multitudes of babies. Does that seem strange to you?
    Gone but not forgotten, I remember you too Dookie!

"You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti RIP DMX

boy turned girl. girl turned boy. who knows

Quote Originally Posted by swingslammer View Post
    Education in no way means acceptance, this is your cross to bear. You choose to make the change. I can see how it would be a touchy subject for you and how your feelings would differ from the majority of people on it.

That being said.....I want to convert to old school Mormanism and have 10 wives to serve my every whim and bear me multitudes of babies. Does that seem strange to you?

I appreciate your humor here re Mormanism I did get a little over heated last night over some of the comments. That being said I do hold a different view on this to most of the transgender community and have frequently argued with some individuals there over this. I do feel the officials have a point. Taking hormones and having surgery does not change your genetics or DNA. I am female to male and though I have always mentally felt male my bone structure and genetic potential still remains female.

In the case of this athlete I totally respect her view that she should be able to compete with other women. However....in this instance she would still have a genetic advantage over the other women. Now if I was to try and compete with males (which I would not do....especially crossfit, lol) I would have a genetic disadvantage as regardless of testosterone intake my DNA is still female.
    I honestly think if she was so determined to compete she should have just kept quiet about her status so it makes me think she was doing it to try and make a statement.
    ID etc is usually changed when possible when one changes gender so there would have been no need for her to reveal anything.
    Last edited by Lee Penman; 03-20-2014 at 08:59 AM.

I appreciate your humor here re Mormanism I did get a little over heated last night over some of the comments. That being said I do hold a different view on this to most of the transgender community and have frequently argued with some individuals there over this. I do feel the officials have a point. Taking hormones and having surgery does not change your genetics or DNA. I am female to male and though I have always mentally felt male my bone structure and genetic potential still remains female.

In the case of this athlete I totally respect her view that she should be able to compete with other women. However....in this instance she would still have a genetic advantage over the other women. Now if I was to try and compete with males (which I would not do....especially crossfit, lol) I would have a genetic disadvantage as regardless of testosterone intake my DNA is still female.
    I honestly think if she was so determined to compete she should have just kept quiet about her status so it makes me think she was doing it to try and make a statement.
    ID etc is usually changed when possible when one changes gender so there would have been no need for her to reveal anything.
    This is a great point ...

I honestly think if she was so determined to compete she should have just kept quiet about her status
    Has anyone stated (the news) whether she kept quiet or not? Was she outed by someone who knew her background? She or her attorney filed the lawsuit but that was after the cat was out of the bag, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Has anyone stated (the news) whether she kept quiet or not? Was she outed by someone who knew her background? She or her attorney filed the lawsuit but that was after the cat was out of the bag, right?

I actually don't know that much about it Curt. The first time I saw it was on Facebook. As you can gather I am not a huge campaigner, lol. I still feel that there has to have been some feeling behind it where a statement was considered necessary to be made.
    I may be in the minority but I just don't feel it is necessary to wave a flag...just be happy that you are finally living your life as the person you always should have been

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast