Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Forum Leader: Contest Prep Scoobysnacks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Any HIIT Jason?
    two weeks ago thurs session and a friday and last week a friday session just to get over humps. thats it.
    Last edited by Scoobysnacks; 04-22-2014 at 07:51 PM.
    www.scoobyprep.com
    Unleash Your Potential

pic from the back my worst pose right now due to bodyfat. Pedal is down taken 7 weeks out and 5 days.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Scoobysnacks; 04-22-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    www.scoobyprep.com
    Unleash Your Potential

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobysnacks View Post
    if it says it doesnt matter blah blah blah im here to tell you it does FOR ME, period. I dont give two shits sometimes science doesnt capture the entire true real world.
    i know we can only take science with a grain of salt, still good info that some people may benefit off of, in the end what works for one does not work for the other.

two weeks ago thurs session and a friday and last week a friday session just to get over humps. thats it.
    Do you see yourself resorting to more later in prep or going to keep bumping LISS to 60 minutes at once session and then bump your 2nd session?
    2013 & 2014 RX Member of the Year
    2014 RX Muscle September Member of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    i know we can only take science with a grain of salt, still good info that some people may benefit off of, in the end what works for one does not work for the other.

Do you see yourself resorting to more later in prep or going to keep bumping LISS to 60 minutes at once session and then bump your 2nd session?
    no only to get over the humps of prep if i need to drop and im running out of days before my cheat meal ill crush some hiit as I have been if i hit my drop for the week I wont touch it.
    www.scoobyprep.com
    Unleash Your Potential

Quote Originally Posted by Provo82 View Post
    im probably one of the few "newer " coaches on the block that preach this with regard to intra carbs. the only reason i only keep intra carbs on a few clients is that i just seem to get people leaner faster this way. and my own body for sure as well. jason wants peeled i gave the rec to pull it he wanted to give it a shot as well and now he feels hes burning fat faster. so we will see.... i know a bunch will rag on me for this and say but the science says , so im not going to go on and on debating other than that in my experience most of the time it helps speed things up, no real reasoning other than that
    I agree with this. Dropping intra carbs paid off big time for me last prep to get that last little bit off. I also dropped carbs a bit pre training near the end and that too helped immensely.

Need to update this.

Last week progress was slow only dropped .6. I was bloating bad towards end of week and gassy as hell. Just wasnt processing things well. I decided on Sunday to keep the cals same and move around macros. So I lowered carbs to 100 that day and upped fats to 60 it looked like 275P/100C/60F. I felt much better and leaner.

So this week I did the same I kept cal count the same but moved more carb cals to fats.

So im now at:
    270P/140C/55F on training
    275P/100c/60F on non.

On training days I also added in 20 mins fasted liss. Every successful prep Ive done fasted liss it just works for me. So I do this now then Im going pro fats meal 1 & 2 which takes me to 2pm. Ill detail below

meal 1
    350g egg white
    30g PB

meal 2
    48g dymatize iso
    30g PB

meal 3 (pre training)
    2 slices ezekiel
    140g turkey
    2 rice cakes

TRAIN with BCAA

Meal 4 (post)
    55g dymatize iso
    55g oats
    2 rice cakes
    30g blackberry

meal 5:
    170g tuna packet OR
    145g cooked chiken
    24g PB

meal 6
    350g egg white
    no fats

Dropped to new low this morning 178 so thats 1.4 from lowest last week. Things are moving again.

I still keeping in post workout cardio at 20 mins liss thats easy

and weekends took the morning liss to 40.

Those are the changes try to get some sort of pic later in week
    J,

Do you always find you process fats better than carbs? It seems to me that as I have gotten older, I fair better from a digestion standpoint with lower carbs and higher fats. I still have strategically placed higher carb days but have found that these days need to be spaced out or gi issues can be an issue.

Also, just how important to you feel digestion is....In other words, high carb days have a positive impact in a number of ways (metabolism, growth, etc.)....Do the benefits trump any gi issues one may have from consuming a large quantity of carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme One View Post
    J,

Do you always find you process fats better than carbs? It seems to me that as I have gotten older, I fair better from a digestion standpoint with lower carbs and higher fats. I still have strategically placed higher carb days but have found that these days need to be spaced out or gi issues can be an issue.

Also, just how important to you feel digestion is....In other words, high carb days have a positive impact in a number of ways (metabolism, growth, etc.)....Do the benefits trump any gi issues one may have from consuming a large quantity of carbs?
    My body is weird and adapts FAST. SO from Jan to Feb I dieted on more fats less carbs dropped 10 lbs then it stalled. Then starting march 1 upped carbs a lot lowered fats and went from 192 to about 180 then stalled on a carb low fat approach and started to bloat. Now back to more fats less carbs and moving. I can guarantee at some point ill need keto or back to carbs with low fat. My body just seems to need to be shocked a lot one extreme to the next.

Digestion is big issue to me and i work to make sure each meal is assimilated the best it can be from probiotics to using digestive enzymes and some apple cider vinegar on some veggies. Usually mine is quite good so when my regularity gets thrown off, i get gassy and bloated i know im not moving food well. Thus the change in diet strategy recently. My body was telling me something and since ive done this for years I know when to listen.

Last year i used high carb low fat refeeds and man id be so bloated and farting up a storm for 1-2 days i hated it. This year just doing a cheat meal and my digestion is so much better. Im not sure i like all that high gi carb sugary shit in my diet.
    Last edited by Scoobysnacks; 04-23-2014 at 11:38 PM.
    www.scoobyprep.com
    Unleash Your Potential

How do lower GI Carbs treat you for carb-ups?
    2013 & 2014 RX Member of the Year
    2014 RX Muscle September Member of the Month

Team Provo, Chem Moderator Provo82's Avatar

My body is weird and adapts FAST. SO from Jan to Feb I dieted on more fats less carbs dropped 10 lbs then it stalled. Then starting march 1 upped carbs a lot lowered fats and went from 192 to about 180 then stalled on a carb low fat approach and started to bloat. Now back to more fats less carbs and moving. I can guarantee at some point ill need keto or back to carbs with low fat. My body just seems to need to be shocked a lot one extreme to the next.

Digestion is big issue to me and i work to make sure each meal is assimilated the best it can be from probiotics to using digestive enzymes and some apple cider vinegar on some veggies. Usually mine is quite good so when my regularity gets thrown off, i get gassy and bloated i know im not moving food well. Thus the change in diet strategy recently. My body was telling me something and since ive done this for years I know when to listen.

Last year i used high carb low fat refeeds and man id be so bloated and farting up a storm for 1-2 days i hated it. This year just doing a cheat meal and my digestion is so much better. Im not sure i like all that high gi carb sugary shit in my diet.
    this is exactly how i started feeling with refeeds the last time around and i switched to the cleaner based cheats as the thread i made about such and i felt a ton better.

J i think your observation about your body adapting to certain setups quickly is in line with the fact that your best conditioning ever was achieved the year you did nats, you had to diet in a whole bunch of phases if i remember right , you did balanced for a bit, then keto, then switched to pro carb and just kept getting better.

and to expand on the topic some more. when i first met j carbs were making me terribly bloated feeling so he switched me to a carb timed fat base approach and i felt great. then a year or two alter the high fats started messing with me and im back to using more carbs and now i feel great. listening to body is key. getting bloat and discomfort is usually a sign the approach isnt working or theres something underlyingly wrong with digestion or perhaps even a combo of the two

Quote Originally Posted by Provo82 View Post
    and to expand on the topic some more. when i first met j carbs were making me terribly bloated feeling so he switched me to a carb timed fat base approach and i felt great. then a year or two alter the high fats started messing with me and im back to using more carbs and now i feel great. listening to body is key. getting bloat and discomfort is usually a sign the approach isnt working or theres something underlyingly wrong with digestion or perhaps even a combo of the two
    Wonder if the phases would be needed or just a change in the type of the macro would work? For example every type of macro has foods that are more acidic or may have more/less fiber. Maybe just a change in foods vs change in macros would work? Just thinking outside the box again.

Bush raises a good point. Years ago I bombed my body with brown rice and sweet pots and I processed them well. Now both cause major gi issues. We all, especially during prep, become creatures of habit and are often afraid to change foods for fear of causing gi issues, etc. Perhaps that is exactly what we need to prevent such gi issues?
    Last edited by Extreme One; 04-24-2014 at 09:08 AM.

I seem to be the opposite of J and Phil. I find carb wise I process higher gi carbs (even sweets) much better than many complex carbs. Even on my "clean carb" refeeds I tend to work in some higher gi carbs like jasmine rice and cereal with my oats and ezekial bread. High fats have never caused any issues. Yet. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by bushmaster View Post
    Wonder if the phases would be needed or just a change in the type of the macro would work? For example every type of macro has foods that are more acidic or may have more/less fiber. Maybe just a change in foods vs change in macros would work? Just thinking outside the box again.
    very good point and thought. i tihnk in some cases either or will fix it and in some it needs just one or the other. its sometihng for everyone including ourselves to keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Extreme One View Post
    I seem to be the opposite of J and Phil. I find carb wise I process higher gi carbs (even sweets) much better than many complex carbs. Even on my "clean carb" refeeds I tend to work in some higher gi carbs like jasmine rice and cereal with my oats and ezekial bread. High fats have never caused any issues. Yet. LOL.
    i tihnk were all so intune to our bodies ( u, me bm, ss etc) that its easy for us to play with process of elimination with foods. i find that eating avariety and not overdoing anyone source seems to help me. ill have 1 carb meal of oats, another w white rice, another w sweet potato, another with red potato, another with ezekiel bread and another with cream of rice this way im getting 6 diff carb sources per day. i use to feel great on avocado but i think i abused it and now it wrecks my stomach.

The second my stomach starts acting up I will never eat that food during the prep again.

Coconut milk (the one you have to open with a can opener) has been real good for me digestion wise this year.

I have also been adding psyllium husk pre workout and the movements are textbook.
    Keep Ritch Banned. FOR-EVER.

Un-Ban SKELETOR though, yo.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast