Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Triple-H_2005 View Post
    Curt you're sma(snip)
    You were confrontational to the extreme. You were insulting. You didn't simply ask your question and then allow him to answer. And you're still seemingly ridiculing him with your Wayne's World pic laughing at the previous poster's "Illegal immigrants say wha?"

I get it. You disagree with his viewpoint.

Muscle In The Morning

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    I really feel that this point needs to be made.

Curt, you closed what has been the only thread worth reading and participating in for some time now, under the pretenses that it became too argumentative and 'unproductive', leaving us forum members relegated to participating in whatever new, shit thread this Poker Face Ace troll posts.

As a fan of this site, this seems highly counter-intuitive, at a time when the Forums, generally, are dead (a consistent trend for some time now), the site itself is in a state of flux vis a vis staff, and among the members, many of whom are long-term members, there lacks a feeling of site stability.

By closing a thread that featured heated debate for being too 'argumentative', though hardly 'PIT-like', I have to ask what this site's intention is in having a forum. Are we supposed to kiss every other member's ass and try so hard to be the anti-Getbig that we create an environment of consistently feigned post-approval?

Seems highly suspect, and I can't help but think poor Christian's article back-fired to a degree that caused that move.

Curt has the best interests of Rx at heart. He's also a great friend that gives sound advice. Sometimes, I don't want to hear it and I can lash out at him privately, but he's such a good friend that he puts up with it b/c he knows I'm passionate - even if at the time maybe not thinking straight. Don't give him a hard time; plenty of you don't like me and that's fine by me. It's an honor for me to stand up for what I believe in. I appreciate each and everyone of you.

Check out my brand new interview with NPC Bikini Star Cara Dukes - and stay tuned for my upcoming article on Rx - "Training in North Miami Beach!!"

No one agreed with the author except maybe one guy. So if appealing to 2% of your site traffic to validate one person seems like a rational idea, then by all means go for it. I think its so short sighted as to be myopic to near blindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    You were confrontational to the extreme. You were insulting. You didn't simply ask your question and then allow him to answer. And you're still seemingly ridiculing him with your Wayne's World pic laughing at the previous poster's "Illegal immigrants say wha?"

I get it. You disagree with his viewpoint.
    I become confrontational when disregarded. It doesn't change the fact that he ducked, dodged, dipped, dove and dodged more effectively than a Patches O'Houlihan-coached athlete.

Reps.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDutyGuy View Post
    No one agreed with the author except maybe one guy. So if appealing to 2% of your site traffic to validate one person seems like a rational idea, then by all means go for it. I think its so short sighted as to be myopic to near blindness.

Curt's actions had nothing to do with the dissent...it had to do with the fact that the thread turned into a red-faced keyboard banging slug fest. The original message and antitheses were lost.
    Zappatista

Ex Ass, now just annoying swingslammer's Avatar

DING DING DING, we have a winner! Thanks Heavydutyguy, take note, this man has spoken the truth.
    Gone but not forgotten, I remember you too Dookie!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiry Pyruvity View Post
    Curt's actions had nothing to do with the dissent...it had to do with the fact that the thread turned into a red-faced keyboard banging slug fest. The original message and antitheses were lost.
    Actually it really only has to do with that fact that christian works for RX

Bumpity Bump

I brought over a half dozen friends from another forum when I started enjoying RX. They all went back. These days I peek in here first for a quick visit then move on to discuss Bodybuilding elsewhere.
    MY MIND & BODY ARE AT ONE WITH MY POWER & STRENGTH............JM

The original message and antithesis were lost because the of how the author handled it. Curt didn't have much of a choice, but to do what he did. It was a temporary action to try and settle things down a bit.

Curt is a good guy, and to somehow let our disdain for Christian spill off on him would be wrong.
    DON'T BE AVERAGE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Baldiewonkanobi View Post
    Bumpity Bump

I brought over a half dozen friends from another forum when I started enjoying RX. They all went back. These days I peek in here first for a quick visit then move on to discuss Bodybuilding elsewhere.
    Where MD?

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Who's the one guy?

I agree with Christian's message of respect. Breaking the law to better your life and your family's life? Yes, I can see doing that as well. I don't favor the use of the word illegal in the context of, "Those illegals are taking my job and spending my tax dollars!" I can definitely see a parallel to using the n word.

"Those dirty illegals!" versus "Those damn n#$%^&!" Direct comparison, imo. Both terms used by people to show disdain for another person or group.

Johnny also said he enjoyed the article and Dave praised it as well.

And you said "no one" where I would like to note that we've heard from a small group who've commented in this thread and so there's no way to tell how many actually agree or disagree with Duque's message.

Well over 1,500 views in that thread and four or five vocal opponents to the author's perspective. To say "no one" is likely incorrect.

This.

Quote Originally Posted by swingslammer View Post
    DING DING DING, we have a winner! Thanks Heavydutyguy, take note, this man has spoken the truth.
    He speaks his opinion. Perhaps a correct guess, but I doubt it. At least from my perspective -- that Duque's article was a statement calling for respect for people trying to better their life situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    How's that? Create a thread and then let someone attempt to derail it by commenting on your writing skills or that you didn't answer one of their questions that they might have regarding your thread. Let them call you lazy or an idiot and see what I do.

Christian does work for Rx, but members and staff should be treated with equal respect. Maybe equal's not correct... as I'd like to believe I hold forum leaders, mods, admins and other staff to a higher standard. As a mod, I have to attempt to see all sides and be as unbiased as possible. Definitely an area where a member has the advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldiewonkanobi View Post
    Bumpity Bump

Thank you for having been a great contributor to the site, Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Granite-Dawg View Post
    The original message and antithesis were lost because the of how the author handled it. Curt didn't have much of a choice, but to do what he did. It was a temporary action to try and settle things down a bit.

Curt is a good guy, and to somehow let our disdain for Christian spill off on him would be wrong.
    It's not about me. It is about the site and the forums and the members. Most importantly the members and their enjoyment and satisfaction in visiting the forums, however that will not be at the expense of common decency and respect shown whether you have opposite viewpoints or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    that's pretty cynical...i'd give curt more credit
    Quote Originally Posted by Granite-Dawg View Post

yes, but some of the responses weren't exactly constructive either
    Zappatista

that's pretty cynical...i'd give curt more credit

Really, so why is it then that CD was once banned from RX muscle for being so butthurt whenever someone disagreed with him on one of his threads. And now it's all flowers and daisies?

"I don't get it"- said by an ex president at a presidential debate in response to a question from the public- and he appropriately, lost. Quite similiar to what has happened here. Respect is earned, and lost. It isn't an automatic or a given. Especially when its so one sided.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast