Thread: 7 Weeks OUT!!

RX MEMBER

Default 7 Weeks OUT!!

If you have been following my posts, you probably think that I am off count. Well, not exactly, I backed out of my May 31st Competition for some personal reasons. However I am still pushing through the JR. National's in June!! So I am 7 weeks out and I feel great!! This may be a little bit off topic but here is a look into what I experienced today.....

I started by training one of my best girls, Timora Page, Who just completed her first Figure Competition. She had amazing Energy all day! Then I put Cecelia Thao through the ringer and she Domintated!!! The highlight of my day ways Covering the Ralston Valley High School Baseball Vs Smokey Hill at Coors Field!!! Thank you so much Lindsay Anderson, for taking maternity leave in the spring, and congratulations, again on the little one! This has been an experience that I will never forget! And thank you Kelsey Timmons, for the wonderful company.

20140408_073630.jpg20140408_073757_8.jpg20140413_094032.jpg20140413_141221.jpg20140410_085221.jpg20140415_133713.jpg20140415_114857.jpg Now it is off to the gym! My day is complete!

RX MEMBER

Default 6 WEEKS and Self Reflections

7 weeks is wrapping up and I am entering my 6 weeks stage. Things are going pretty well. I don’t have too many cravings, I am sticking to my diet very well. When I get my workouts in, I hit it as hard as I can, and my posing is coming along quite nicely. I am still stuck at about 119 to 120lbs and my cardio time is not where I would like it, but I have some time and know what I need to do to fix the problem. My main problem right now is finding balance, and this week broke me. We all have our tipping point. This weekend, I tipped… and damn near fell over. It is a good thing that I have a wonderful man who is there to catch me when I fall.

So here is my story. Like many people out there, I am doing everything that I can to support my family. While my family is pretty small right now (no kids) we just bought a house, have bills to pay, and mouths to feed. I am currently holding down 3 jobs, and when I am not at those jobs, I am working from home to complete my mandatory documentation, meal plans, and workout plans/ schedules for clients. I am training for a competition which requires AT LEAST 1 1/2 hrs in the gym daily and many hours in the kitchen prepping meals. The groceries don’t buy themselves, so there is always that. There is ENDLESS work to be done on the new house that my husband and I bought, I have a dog that needs to be taken care of, taken for walks, played with. And most of all… I have a charming loving husband that needs to know that I love him every minute of everyday, through action… not just words.

My point of this rambling is that, like EVERYONE in the world, I am juggling quite a bit. I have lots of balls in the air and things are falling through the cracks. I thought that things were only STARTING to fail, when in reality… things have not been up to par for quite a while. I would have noticed if I wasn’t so focused on all of these external stressors and actually listened to the people who care for me most.

I am not taking care of myself, I am finding ways to distract myself from the problem at hand (instead of dealing with it straight on) I am not taking the time I need to enjoy the world around me and the special people in my life. But most of all… I am hurting others with my snide, rude behaviors. I have been mean to my puppy who just wants some love, and my relationship is falling apart because of neglect. I have completely LOST MYSELF!

This blog is starting to look pretty bleak. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. This weekend was my turning point, my chance to learn from my mistakes, face my problems head on, and start making changes and TRUELY be the person and the lover that I would want. And ya know what… Yes… the beginning was rough. The road to recovery is always rocky, But I stood with both feet on the ground and had the best weekend that I have had in a long time. I put work aside, kept my phone on lock down, skipped the gym (yes.. I said skipped the gym) I connected with my husband and nurtured my puppy’s needs. I was relaxed! I haven’t felt RELAXED in such a long time, and it felt amazing!

Now I say relaxed, but don’t mistaken the word ; ) My husband and I had an amazing weekend in our NEW HOUSE working endless hours in the yard, busting concrete and fixing things up nicely. We even found time to go for a 20 mile bike ride! I guess I should say it was a weekend of DECOMPRESSION, rather than relaxation. Anyway, my work is not done yet. It doesn’t end with the weekend. My new goal for the week is to set time aside for MYSELF and MY FAMILY, to not let work take me over, and work toward my overall happiness; because my happiness bleeds into the happiness of others around me and has a direct affect on my relationships with others.

To wrap things up, I will say this. Things aren’t always peachy. I owe it to myself and the people around me to be honest about who I am. The goals that I set for myself during this competition are different than the other goals that I have had for myself while competing. I have always been worried about my diet, my weight, my body fat, my suit, my posing.. yadayadayadya. This competition season will be a test of how well I balance work, training, and home. It is a test of not only keeping my body healthy and in peak condition… but about keeping my MIND healthy as well. I encourage YOU to do the same. Take a deep look at yourself. Are you happy? Are you doing what you need to do in order to work toward your happiness? Are you making healthy choices that support your body AND MIND? It is difficult to take that deep of a look at ourselves and a lot of the times we may be afraid of what we find. But only when we truly see ourselves can we fix what needs to be changed and work toward a better self… a better LIFE!

Thanks for sticking with me through this everyone. Lift Hard
    10259893_10203812513532451_7301405557278762376_n.jpgIMAG0437.jpg1903006_10203813918127565_5608818233799261951_n.jpgIMAG0443.jpgIMAG0442.jpg20140420_143423.jpg

Sometimes that time off is definitely necessary. Congrats on your new place :-).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk