Hey Ya'll! I am Brittany.. The title of this journal says it all, really. I have Lupus. Long story short, I have been sick most of my life. After a near-death experience I decided to stop "wishing" and start LIVING. With a leap of Faith, I took myself off of all my medications.. including chemo. April marks the 1 year anniversary of my NEW life when I decided to free fall into this new lifestyle. The HEALTHY lifestyle. Lifting is my new love. My PASSION.

After dropping 40lbs, I competed in my first ever NPC Figure Comp- The GNC Natural, placed 2nd. QUALIFIED FOR NATIONALS! That day was the most perfect day. When I stepped on stage, I realized that no matter how I placed, I was a winner because I made a choice to fight Lupus. That next month I got on stage at the biggest show in Co history, The Rocky Mountain Championships, and placed top 3.

It's crazy how life works. The people you meet along the way. The opportunities that arise when you decide to go after your dreams. When you go after that passion that is in your heart, the universe works with you to get you to where you are supposed to be. I have some of the most amazing people in my life, there is not one person that I can think of that I don't absolutely LOVE. Sometimes I feel as if I live in a dream because my life has transformed COMPLETELY and I am so incredibly happy and grateful for everything.

My purpose is to be a light for others. I know what it is like to be in the dark with no one to turn to and unsure where life was taking me. I know what it is like to be at rock bottom and feel as if the world would be better if you weren't in it anymore. I know what it is like to be alone. I want others to know that they aren't alone. To know that there is someone out there that believes in you, and believes you can transform if you so desire to.

"Aspire to Inspire" is my motto. I want to lift others up and inspire them to go after their dreams and truly LIVE.

Til next time.. #aspiretoinspire

Brittany "Night Hawk" Nicole