Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RX MEMBER

Default Advice on Breast Implants Please

Hey Ladies,

I was hoping to get some feedback on ladies that have gotten their breasts done. I have been looking into getting mine done for 8 years I have done lots of research. I will be getting my done in the fall hopefully. I have decided to go with gummy bears. But as a competitor I was wondering if there are any preferences on sub-muscular, sub-fascial, subpectorial? Recovery and training after done recovering. That's my main concern.

The biggest issue you'd have if you went anywhere into the muscle is that when you flex your chest, you will see contraction of the implant. It was very obvious for my original set of saline implants, and was not helped by the fact that I competed as an FBB where they actually want you to flex. I've since had the saline replaced w/ bigger silicone and I can still see the contraction, tho it's not as bad as w/ the saline.

These are things you can talk to your doctor about to ensure that you're getting what you want for the type of competition you do as well as your body type. I know they've improved the technology immensely since I spent a lot of time looking into this 15 years ago, but it will still be dictated by what you want and what options your body gives you. For ex, for smaller, very lean people, they may simply not have enough skin available to do a fully 'on top' implant. I expect you won't have any real issues that limit you but these are excellent things to discuss w/ the doc you choose.

Also if you're still doing consults to find the doc you want, pay attention to what that doc will actually do. I've found of the docs I've used or spoken with, they seem to have a particular way they like to do it, so be sure that you are getting an objective opinion that works for YOU, and not "this is what they do because they like this approach". But by the same token, I would hesitate to go into a discussion w/ a particular approach in mind because of things you've heard or read and say THIS is what I want, and nothing else. These are the discussions you should have w/ the doc(s).

And lastly, you should simply be sure you feel comfortable w/ the doc you've chosen. I've had consults w/ guys I just really felt weren't talking TO me as much as AT me, and I was just one more client handing over the fee. You can also research to find if any particular doctor has ever had an malpractice issues. Way back when, I researched on www.implantinfo.com where they outlined how to search public records in your particular state.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

RX MEMBER

Thank you Sassy! I prefer to go over the muscle just from the research I have done (I have plenty of skin thanks to pregnancy... lol!) and I like the 'Fake' look. Good point on being comfortable with the Doc and checking out the malpractices in the area; I don't think I thought of that. I have been to a couple of consults and felt extremely uncomfortable and as though what I wanted wasn't important.

Other than flexing, do you have any rippling? If so, is it a little or a lot? Over the years have you noticed prominent sagging? Most important, overall are you happy with your results?

Quote Originally Posted by kristabrown View Post
    Thank you Sassy! I prefer to go over the muscle just from the research I have done (I have plenty of skin thanks to pregnancy... lol!) and I like the 'Fake' look. Good point on being comfortable with the Doc and checking out the malpractices in the area; I don't think I thought of that. I have been to a couple of consults and felt extremely uncomfortable and as though what I wanted wasn't important.

Other than flexing, do you have any rippling? If so, is it a little or a lot? Over the years have you noticed prominent sagging? Most important, overall are you happy with your results?
    Only time I saw rippling was when I was 6% and competing. Obviously that state doesn't last very long so never worried about it. It was also w/ the saline implants. I've had no issues w/ the silicon at all.

The only other note would be that given I've been competing in FBB for over 10 years the "unders" I had were getting pushed out some. Needless to say, I don't plan to compete in FBB anymore and I've got some decent muscle maturity already so I don't need to do heavy chest anymore. I did stop doing flat bench presses years ago. That is one issue you wouldn't have w/ "overs" but I would still imagine the impact of implant compression from an invasive implant could be expected to do something over time.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Ex Ass, now just annoying swingslammer's Avatar

Not what you want to hear but I would say "Don't do it". I have never seen one.....1 set of implants on a competitor that looked good. Over or under. I have seen several lean women without who look great. That being said I am a man and I never saw any of them naked? That may make a difference? I will say I think big fake looking boobs take away from the physique...and you said you like the "Fake" look.

http://www.realself.com/question/pre...tion-happening Things to think about.

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Pr.../ucm259296.htm
    Gone but not forgotten, I remember you too Dookie!

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by swingslammer View Post
    Not what you want to hear but I would say "Don't do it". I have never seen one.....1 set of implants on a competitor that looked good. Over or under. I have seen several lean women without who look great. That being said I am a man and I never saw any of them naked? That may make a difference? I will say I think big fake looking boobs take away from the physique...and you said you like the "Fake" look.

http://www.realself.com/question/pre...tion-happening Things to think about.

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/Pr.../ucm259296.htm

I always appreciate a man's opinion. My husband doesn't care either way, just as long as the Dr is a good and recognized professional who listens to what I want. I have been on realself.com for a while now. I will check out the links you suggested. Thank you again!

I had sub-fascia and am loving it so far! minor rippling underneath when I get leaner but nothing a posing top wouldn't hide...so far this has proven to be the best happy medium for me...we will see how they go with time since they won't turn three until October but for my build and for my shape they feel perfect! I do not regret it for a second! And "keeping up with them"? I'm not sure about that reference in a previous post...I had my post-op time and then I was off...now I put them in a bra...sooooooooo, maybe it's that?

I meant to ask, do you already have a doctor in mind?

RX MEMBER

I am not committed to a Dr just yet but I do like Dr Aaron Smith in Colorado Springs. I am doing USA's in July and after that I will look at a few more Dr's. I may also wait til we move back to Austin. But that is still up in the air.

Thank you Gymdiva, for your Post. I was thinking of subfascia also but not sure I have enough breast tissue, I will ask during my consults.

I wasn't sure what up keep she was talking about either but I am no expert. I assume my bra will keep them where they need to be. lol.

IFBB PRO, Bros V Pros X Champion The Prodigy's Avatar

Getting implants was one of the biggest mistakes I made. They look great when you are competing but once you stop they look like crap from all the gaining/losing you do. In addition, I hate the size they are now that I have lost some muscle and look "normal" again. The price of implants has gone up since I got mine and I have NO idea how I am going to come up with the money to get them re-done when the time comes! Sounded great when I did them and was all about competing. Now that real life and kids has come into the picture I can see what a mistake it was. I should have thought about the future when I made the decision....

Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigy View Post
    Getting implants was one of the biggest mistakes I made. They look great when you are competing but once you stop they look like crap from all the gaining/losing you do. In addition, I hate the size they are now that I have lost some muscle and look "normal" again. The price of implants has gone up since I got mine and I have NO idea how I am going to come up with the money to get them re-done when the time comes! Sounded great when I did them and was all about competing. Now that real life and kids has come into the picture I can see what a mistake it was. I should have thought about the future when I made the decision....

Words to live by ! I have judged several times and the only time I took a womans boobs in to account.....is when they were TOO big. Like all things in Bodybuilding.....more is not always better.

Good advise Gail.

RX MEMBER

Thanks y'all! I really do appreciate all the input I can get. I certainly don't want to go too big I just don't have much volume/breast tissue but a lot of skin. I want do a lift along with implants, a reasonable size given my smaller frame. I wanted this done long before I began competing but I definitely think of the future, unfortunately pregnancy may not be in my future BUT there is always adoption!!!

I'm also pretty picky about the Dr. before I schedule anything I will re-evaluate my pro's and con's. Thank yall again!

I have one "Bio" child and two adopted.......adopting is great. I feel no different with the two adopted than with the one that happened the "Old fashioned" way. Good luck with what ever happens.

RX MEMBER

Thank you!!!

If you are looking for a great doctor, look at Donald Revis in ft Lauderdale. I work with him. When I have mine redone it will def be him. Women fly from all over the world for him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast