"You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti

Default Does gym preference make a difference?

I've trained from gyms that looked like a dungeon to gyms that you can eat off of their floor. IMO there is nothing that compares to the gym that is designed to drop as much weight as you want on the ground without giving 2 shits. There is no other place, I'd rather be!!

The gym i called home for the past 15 years is more like an health club than an " drop them on the floor" type. BUT, my membership expires at the end of the month. There's an hardcore gym i'm going to give an try, see how the other side lives..........Well, maybe an one month membership, if i can't hang with the big dawgs, i can always take my puppy butt back to the porch. Lol

"You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti

I hear ya weez. I just found the other clean quiet gyms charge too much and give you a f'n hard time if you dress a certain way. A friend told me that certain etiquette is required by these fancy gyms and if you don't obey their rules, then you are in violation of their company policy and they can terminate your gym membership. I mean C'MON, I pay you 50 bucks a month and give out your card to people and these places try to pull a stupid policy of "Don't dress in a cut off or don't sweat on our machines" Give me a fucking break..
    Quote Originally Posted by weezer View Post
    The gym i called home for the past 15 years is more like an health club than an " drop them on the floor" type. BUT, my membership expires at the end of the month. There's an hardcore gym i'm going to give an try, see how the other side lives..........Well, maybe an one month membership, if i can't hang with the big dawgs, i can always take my puppy butt back to the porch. Lol

The only problem i have with hardcore gyms are the showers, most of them i wouldn't let my dog take an shower in it......come in dress, leave swole, shower at home, cold.

Ex Ass, now just annoying swingslammer's Avatar

Baby wipes? PLANET FITNESS !!!!
    Gone but not forgotten, I remember you too Dookie!

OLYMPIAN

I like to change the gym every 4-6 months, it keeps me motivated, where I live theres about 7 gyms surrounding my home each take from 5mins to 30mins to get to, most of the gyms are hardcore except the chain of gyms which don't allow you to drop weights/dumbbells, in these type of gyms the heaviest dumbbells are 100lbs, ive been told by my m8 that trained in a gym in the usa, and if your to loud theres an alarm that goes off, or something like that, just cannot remember the name of the gym,

I train at a basic gym. I'm not there to socialize or pick up women, so I try to stay away from the country club types. I want to train and go about my day.
    DON'T BE AVERAGE!!!

I like a mixture of both

the gym i go to know is cheap, but it's disgusting, the bathrooms stink, the locker room is small, there has been broken down treadmills with tools on them and not fixed for a year now, the 60 and 65lb dumbells broke and haven't been replaced, not many machines, but i continue to go because of the price and it's on it way home from work

my old gym was on the way home as well, it was clean, big, tons of equipment....but it was like a fashion show at that place, but it was crowded and an expensive membership

i find at the new gym i do more free weight movements because theres theres less machines which is good but i wish the place was cleaner and the owner wasn't so cheap

OLYMPIAN

It's more about the people who train there as long as they have what I need for my own workout.

If I look around and everyone there looks like they are afraid of sweating and there isn't anyone who would stand out due to muscle mass....I am just visiting.

I want to see other people who help motivate me to do even more.....not be surrounded by people who think I'm a freak and who don't train hard.
    Last edited by Professor X; 06-26-2014 at 11:34 AM.

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by weezer View Post
    The only problem i have with hardcore gyms are the showers, most of them i wouldn't let my dog take an shower in it......come in dress, leave swole, shower at home, cold.

...at one specific 24 Hour Fitness here, there is some strange stuff going down in those showers late at night.

The showers look great.

Not sure why 3 guys are coming out of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor X View Post
    Not sure why 3 guys are coming out of that one.
    Just saving water.

S
    WNBF & USBF Pro

Quote Originally Posted by the mighty stu View Post
    Just saving water.

S
    Oh, that's what they're calling it these days ? Lol

I trained at a Retro Fitness for my first years - I did a show and got 6th in the novice middleweight class. I switch to Apollon gym for a year and I take 2nd in the novice and 3rd in the open. Only thing I did different was change my gym.

I personally prefer dungeons that allow dead lifting and chalk. BUT if I'm doing a fitness competition, I like the clean pretty places because they have the best aerobics rooms for practice!

RX MEMBER

Gym is best place to stay fit and healthy. But if you feel lazy to go gym or you don't have time then you can take gym equipment at home. Just pick your phone and go to this website for online order http://primefitness.com