Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti RIP DMX

That's sad. RIP..

I know this is not the place or time as an iron brother has passed on but lets really take a step back and think with our decisions. Before we all jump and say look it Arnold or Lou, these drug protocols in todays bodybuilding is on a different level.

After reading this news, I thought, there are 10, YES 10 different stimulants or compounds that pros use that speed the shit out of your heart... And that's not including diuretics. This needs to stop..

Again, RIP..

RIP! I met him at the 2010 Master Nationals back stage. He's was a nice soft spoken guy. He won the middleweights that year and I won the welters and we pumped each other up before the overall. His back was incredible and he was hard as nails that year. He was a very thick guy and was only about 5'3. Really sad! It makes you stop and think about what we do to our bodies going thru prep. Damn.
    Prayers to his family!

I already have an appt to donate blood and get my hematocrit and hemoglobin down.

"You tell that punk, that I, me Jon Gotti, will sever your mother f'n head off"-Jon Gotti RIP DMX

This is a song to Stoil and the rest of the warriors who passed in bb..

Gone but not forgotten!!

Natural Mr. Olympia John Hansen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poker face Ace View Post
    That's sad. RIP..

I know this is not the place or time as an iron brother has passed on but lets really take a step back and think with our decisions. Before we all jump and say look it Arnold or Lou, these drug protocols in todays bodybuilding is on a different level.

After reading this news, I thought, there are 10, YES 10 different stimulants or compounds that pros use that speed the shit out of your heart... And that's not including diuretics. This needs to stop..

Again, RIP..
    I agree! Something needs to be said and done ASAP. There's no reason to die for this sport. It's ridiculous how often this is happening. It happened at a local show out here where I live about a month ago. A guy died in between the prejudging and evening show.

That really sucks. I think a lot of these guys really cant seem to grasp the fact that drugs DO NOT alter your genetics. Some look worse adding these extra b.s steps and only ruin their health long term.. I NEVER from the time I touched a weight at 12 till now, not understand why these guys cant get in shape 1-2weeks before a show and maintain it. Some really make it out to be much harder than what it is... The only thing I can understand is the GH and Slin which I do understand is def. needed to put on the size, but some of these guys refuse to come off I guess. IMO, the stims and the other hardening compounds just create a faster deadlier cocktail..
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hansen View Post
    I agree! Something needs to be said and done ASAP. There's no reason to die for this sport. It's ridiculous how often this is happening. It happened at a local show out here where I live about a month ago. A guy died in between the prejudging and evening show.

OLYMPIAN

not understand why these guys cant get in shape 1-2weeks before a show and maintain it.

That would be because the judging will not award a competitor who isn't dried out. It is outright impossible for someone to maintain that level of conditioning that you see on stage today for weeks at a time.

Issues like that are why a competitor can do well in a morning show and fail at the evening show...because of retaining water or looking flat.

No one in pro bodybuilding is on stage with a condition that can be held indefinitely. Look how different Phil Heath looks between any other time of the year and contest time.

The only way to change that...is to stop awarding the insane conditioning...and that ain't happening soon.

Damn.. Sounds to me like a serious game of Russian roulette.
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor X View Post
    That would be because the judging will not award a competitor who isn't dried out. It is outright impossible for someone to maintain that level of conditioning that you see on stage today for weeks at a time.

Issues like that are why a competitor can do well in a morning show and fail at the evening show...because of retaining water or looking flat.

No one in pro bodybuilding is on stage with a condition that can be held indefinitely. Look how different Phil Heath looks between any other time of the year and contest time.

The only way to change that...is to stop awarding the insane conditioning...and that ain't happening soon.

Default Masters Competitor Stoil Stoilov Passes Away

That really sucks. I think a lot of these guys really cant seem to grasp the fact that drugs DO NOT alter your genetics. Some look worse adding these extra b.s steps and only ruin their health long term.. I NEVER from the time I touched a weight at 12 till now, not understand why these guys cant get in shape 1-2weeks before a show and maintain it. Some really make it out to be much harder than what it is... The only thing I can understand is the GH and Slin which I do understand is def. needed to put on the size, but some of these guys refuse to come off I guess. IMO, the stims and the other hardening compounds just create a faster deadlier cocktail..
    You make it sound so easy to peak for a show lol

But anyway let me speak a little about the mentality of a bodybuilder well this is what happened to me at my last show... Now grant it i didnt use GH, diuretics to dry out but everything else i was doing an taking the final two weeks i didnt give a fuck i took a lot ... And this isnt just me many guys i know that compete at a high level throw discretion out the window and just run wild that final stretch before a show... Its our fucked up mentality
    Last edited by Steve56; 07-26-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Yeah but ask your self. Is this going to be worth my health taking this one shot, or this one pill even though this may be the last one I take (God forbid). I mean what happened to lifting and taking pride in taking less shit and looking like a monster.. Too many ppl rely on the drug to lift them up, when they should take their minds and focus on building their body to the next level..
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve56 View Post
    You make it sound so easy to peak for a show lol

But anyway let me speak a little about the mentality of a bodybuilder well this is what happened to me at my last show... Now grant it i didnt use GH, diuretics to dry out but everything else i was doing an taking the final two weeks i didnt give a fuck i took a lot ... And this isnt just me many guys i know that compete at a high level throw discretion out the window and just run wild that final stretch before a show... Its our fucked up mentality
    Last edited by Poker face Ace; 07-26-2014 at 04:53 PM.

Yeah but ask your self. Is this going to be worth my health taking this one shot, or this one pill even though this may be the last one I take (God forbid). I mean what happened to lifting and taking pride in taking less shit and looking like a monster.. Too many ppl rely on the drug to lift them up, when they should take their minds and focus on building their body to the next level..
    Of course in the grand scheme of things its not worth it.. But u put so much time, money, blood sweat and tears into a prep .. That u just do what you do and think about the repercussions later.
    Its the current nature and mentality of the sport

Of course in the grand scheme of things its not worth it.. But u put so much time, money, blood sweat and tears into a prep .. That u just do what you do and think about the repercussions later.
    If you sneak out the back side of this madness alive you live with the damage. I have a badly ruptured pec, chunks missing on my head from Melanoma cancer caused by tanning machines and hereditary HBP, marginal kidneys and arthritis made worse by Bodybuilding and "supplements". I met our late brother in Pittsburgh at the Masters Nationals and have my own opinions as to his early demise.

May he now rest in peace.
    MY MIND & BODY ARE AT ONE WITH MY POWER & STRENGTH............JM

pretty assumptive and inappropriate to label him and his cause of death at this time imo..

I think top level Elite pros can do that as it's the Highest level, but I've heard stories of guys who do Mr. poptart show doing massive cycles.

An additional commonality among recent immediately post-show deaths is age. W/o making assumptions about anything, particularly for those who have been competing for years, as you get older, your body can't sustain and recover as well from the abuse it takes during contest prep and the aggravation of it all seems to sometimes just trigger some sort of system stress that the body just can't manage or recover from. Altho age sucks, it is critical to be aware of the effect that you just can't keep doing things the way you could when you were pre-40s.

It is very sad. I just turned 49 last week.
    Last edited by sassy69; 07-27-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast