RX MEMBER

Default Halo and Fasting

Hi all. I've previously fasted on off days, 3 - 4 times monthly. First time using Halo Extreme, starting my third week. I've tried intermittent fasting before & it sucks for my metabolism. I prefer a 36 hour fast. Anyway, I haven't tried yet with the Halo, any thoughts? (I'd maintain my water consumption, of course.)

What is your goal with this? Obviously your trying to cut fat but what's your goal with the prohormone

RX MEMBER

That's essentially it. I don't need any more size, nor strength. Finding diet alone isn't maintaining my body as it did a few years ago.

I recommend clenbuterol if you're looking for a decent fat cutting agent. Or an ECA stack (ephedrine caffeine aspirin)

RX MEMBER

Can't do clenbuterol - work. I'm obviously new to prohormones, but not to lifting. Strength increasing is always a plus, but it isn't my primary goal. A couple of Pre-Halo examples: I db pressed 60's unassisted for 8 reps, did 15 'real' pull-ups in a set (first set only). Also, I'm not trying to increase size except legs which have suffered due to knee injuries. My biceps are 12" (on a 5'4" female); I'm good with that. I won't mind any size increase, just don't anticipate it.

Unfortunately age has its drawbacks. Cutting bf seems to be more difficult regardless of cardio & diet. The fasting is for other health benefits, not strictly to cut caloric intake. I've taken the Halo on an empty stomach and felt fine. I'm gonna give the fasting a try and see how I feel.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to finish the 6 weeks of Halo & see where I am. I'm loving the recovery benefits. Would you recommend the ECA after the cycle? I'm concerned about aspirin & liver toxicity while on the Halo. I won't bombard you with more questions until I thoroughly read through posts on Halo. Thanks again.

A lot of the health benefits attributed to fasting are from the lower/stable blood glucose levels. Have you tried a cyclic-keto style diet? It would probably be more beneficial to any long term goals you have. Androgens spare skeletal muscle when during low calorie intakes but you need some protein everyday just for normal bodily functions so it has to come from somewhere.
    Lift heavy and eat lots of dead animals. Yes, that's me in my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by BeccaD View Post
    Can't do clenbuterol - work. I'm obviously new to prohormones, but not to lifting. Strength increasing is always a plus, but it isn't my primary goal. A couple of Pre-Halo examples: I db pressed 60's unassisted for 8 reps, did 15 'real' pull-ups in a set (first set only). Also, I'm not trying to increase size except legs which have suffered due to knee injuries. My biceps are 12" (on a 5'4" female); I'm good with that. I won't mind any size increase, just don't anticipate it.

Unfortunately age has its drawbacks. Cutting bf seems to be more difficult regardless of cardio & diet. The fasting is for other health benefits, not strictly to cut caloric intake. I've taken the Halo on an empty stomach and felt fine. I'm gonna give the fasting a try and see how I feel.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to finish the 6 weeks of Halo & see where I am. I'm loving the recovery benefits. Would you recommend the ECA after the cycle? I'm concerned about aspirin & liver toxicity while on the Halo. I won't bombard you with more questions until I thoroughly read through posts on Halo. Thanks again.
    Yeah definitely see where your at, the eca stack after your done wouldn't be a bad choice as bad rad said a cyclic - keto style diet would work well too used along with ECA would be even better because it'll help with low energy levels on a keto style diet. Keep us posted on the results and feel free to PM with any questions

IMHO, without something added to create a synergistic effect with the Halo, you are wasting your time and money dieting this hard and using PHs.
    Intermittent fasting can cause insulin resistance due to the spikes caused by the binging during the eating window. Steady insulin levels are best to shuttle hormones and nutrients through your body. This is why the pros supplement insulin during contest prep.

RX MEMBER

Thanks everyone. I didn't want to drone on about my diet or fitness level in great detail this being the Chem forum, but I actually eat clean & low carb, about every 2 to 2.5 hours (basically a cyclic-keto diet, bad rad). I know my body (at least I DID), been lifting seriously (chemical free due to my career choice) for more than twenty years, and doing a variety of other fitness activities as well. Sounds like I've made you think I'm a yo-yo dieting, binge eating, softie. I'm not. LOL. I am 42 though & physiologically things started changing a couple years ago - things I'm not happy or content with, thus my choice to try the PHs. I've never before felt the need to monitor my bf percentage, but am ordering some calipers to better track changes.

I did increase my protein (and carb intake slightly to deal with some mild lethargy) when I started the Halo. I've since adjusted to the energy change. I don't, & have never, starved myself for weight loss purposes, and my reason for fasting isn't dietary. Fasting is linked to disease prevention, increase in insulin sensitivity which contributes to normalizing blood sugar levels, cognitive ability, prevention of heart disease & diabetes, etc. [I know there's plenty of research that will dispute any of these positives. Bottom line, it has worked for me.]

With the exception of intermittent fasting (I ate from noon to seven - and it DID NOT work for me), fasting has never been detrimental to my training (I just wouldn't do crossfit the same day. ;-)) & I've experienced some of the benefits. Again, it has never been a 'diet', and I don't binge eat the following day, BigZero ;-). However, while on Halo, I am concerned about depriving my body of protein for such an extended period. Regardless because I'm hard-headed I'm going to try it, just once. I'll let you know how it affects me if I don't waste away.

Thanks Telkins92, the ECA stack sounds good (I loved the original Hydroxycut). I'm looking into Osta Rx too.

Why not go to a doctor and get on HRT?
    Any health benefits which may result from your fasting will be counteracted by the use of any PHs. All oral PH's (no matter how safe the manufacturer says they are) are toxic to the body.

RX MEMBER

I'm not to the point that I'd go for HRT, though might consider it in the future. I'm aware of the liver toxicity dangers associated with oral PHs & AAS and am taking preventative steps (I eat as organic as possible, avoid second-hand smoke, take milk thistle, Liv52 & more). While I researched the Halo prior to buying & taking it, I didn't think about it in conjunction with fasting. I'll live six weeks without fasting, but I still have to try it once. While fat reduction is my primary goal I like my strength & size, and certainly won't mind an increase in either. If I could take AAS, I'd absolutely opt for an injectable to avoid the liver risks entirely; it's not an option for me. I'm tempted to take a picture so you see that I'm really just looking to tweak my body since it's becoming a little resistant to my norm.