Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

When I saw that confrontation, the first thing that came to my mind was Tyson/Holyfield II... I thought Kai would have a Tyson like meltdown... I'm glad officials came out there..... still in most of the shots, I thought Kai bested Phil.... better legs, better back, just as conditioned... but clearly his chest disappeared....

between Kai, Rhoden, and Phil, Phil to me looked the narrowest. I wouldn't mind it at all from a Physique point of view if Rhoden won this thing, as I thought he exposed some weaknesses in Phil, but as a representative of Mr. O, his personality may be too laid back

standing O for both Iris and Adela.... I think the timing was right for them to retire.

Noticeable absences.... Figure: Erin Stern, Bikini: Nathalia Melo (sigh!!) Have they both essentially retired?
    Hard to watch a bikini contest without Nathalia in it... still the STANDARD imho!!

HTW

Quote Originally Posted by PTB View Post
    When I saw that confrontation, the first thing that came to my mind was Tyson/Holyfield II... I thought Kai would have a Tyson like meltdown... I'm glad officials came out there..... still in most of the shots, I thought Kai bested Phil.... better legs, better back, just as conditioned... but clearly his chest disappeared....

between Kai, Rhoden, and Phil, Phil to me looked the narrowest. I wouldn't mind it at all from a Physique point of view if Rhoden won this thing, as I thought he exposed some weaknesses in Phil, but as a representative of Mr. O, his personality may be too laid back

standing O for both Iris and Adela.... I think the timing was right for them to retire.

Noticeable absences.... Figure: Erin Stern, Bikini: Nathalia Melo (sigh!!) Have they both essentially retired?
    Hard to watch a bikini contest without Nathalia in it... still the STANDARD imho!!
    Gay men aren't the best fighters

Last edited by HTW; 09-20-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DMX View Post
    Wasn't shocked by anyone .. All looked the same or worse than previous years. Branch was improved . Dex looked good . Dennis was good enough for 4th . Big ramy was disappointing cause I expected a freak . Juan morel has peaked. JDR looks like a baby up there. My only hope is that Kai gets 3rd . Don't care who beats him . Phil won't be stopped until he quits .. And I'm not a huge phil fan, there is just no one to beat him ..
    I wasn't impressed by anybody except for Rhoden! When I see him pose, and the pictures side by side with Phil and Kai. I tell Mysel : wow that is full blown aesthetics … And the size of the upper body this year, not an issue at all.

Phil and Kai weren't in good condition, and their gut next to Rhoden.

Honestly I wouldn't mind If Rhoden Knock Out Phil and be the 14th Mr Olympia. He really deserved it this year.

HTW

Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post
    I wasn't impressed by anybody except for Rhoden! When I see him pose, and the pictures side by side with Phil and Kai. I tell Mysel : wow that is full blown aesthetics … And the size of the upper body this year, not an issue at all.

Phil and Kai weren't in good condition, and their gut next to Rhoden.

Honestly I wouldn't mind If Rhoden Knock Out Phil and be the 14th Mr Olympia. He really deserved it this year.
    I do like Rhoden .. I just feel like his window is about to close(unless he has dexter genetics). He's over 40 and maybe this could be the year he knocks off Kai. But unless phill catches ebola, Rhoden should and could knock out Kai for 2.

I think in the last call out that kai had phil in every pose and looked sharper phil was fading... guess the judges wanted to play it safe with no side by side comparisons for that last call out

thoughts?

HTW

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Early View Post
    I think in the last call out that kai had phil in every pose and looked sharper phil was fading... guess the judges wanted to play it safe with no side by side comparisons for that last call out

thoughts?
    I just don't see Kai winning many poses from Phil . Anything to do with arms, Phil wins. Front and back double, side tri, most muscular... I'll give Kai ab thigh and possibly back lat spread. Both will be better tonight for sure . Excited to see it unfold

OLYMPIAN

One of the things I really used to enjoy about RX was the contest chatter.

Here it is a day after the Olympia prejudging and this is the only thread with any chatter about the prejudging and its barely two pages.

Not to mention the live "play-by-play" was pretty pathetic. I get more insights from reading Dave and Chris posting their thoughts than I do watching them watch what's unfolding.

I don't post here much (I have an actual life) but the contest stuff was always very fun to follow along with and there is basically nothing. If that's not troubling to the "powers that be" then I don't know what is.

Natural Mr. Olympia John Hansen's Avatar

OK natenator, here's my thoughts. I thought Kai was much better than last year but still not at his all time best. Phil was much worse than last year and his narrowness was really exposed next to both Kai and Shawn. I thought Kai and Shawn blew Phil away in the front double biceps and the front lat spread. Even Phil's side chest wasn't as dominating (did anyone notice he was pulling his arm all the way back in this pose for some reason). Phil's side triceps is awesome. His rear double wasn't as good. Kai blew him away in the rear lat spread. Both Kai and Phil didn't look great in the abs pose but Shawn looked fantastic in that shot. I had Phil only winning maybe 2 of the mandatories. Kai had him beat this year, all the way, even though he's not at his best. I can also see Shawn ahead of Phil. Will this happen? We'll see what they look like on Sat night but I think Phil will still win regardless unless he's still off on Saturday and Kai is much improved. The debate about Phil winning 8 Sandows now looks ridiculous now that his weaknesses have been dramatically exposed this year. Even Phil can come off, this year proves it.

Quote Originally Posted by natenator View Post

Here it is a day after the Olympia prejudging and this is the only thread with any chatter about the prejudging and its barely two pages.

Not to mention the live "play-by-play" was pretty pathetic. I get more insights from reading Dave and Chris posting their thoughts than I do watching them watch what's unfolding.

I don't post here much (I have an actual life) but the contest stuff was always very fun to follow along with and there is basically nothing. If that's not troubling to the "powers that be" then I don't know what is.
    Well said. Play-by-play threads were far more entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by natenator View Post

On point, which is why I attempted to get something going at the beginning (but it was already after the contest had concluded). Having said that, I understand no press passes = no fun here @ RX so will make next year all the better (assuming it doesn't happen again, lol).

The live feed inhibits any type of accurate analysis but, like DMX said though, I wasn't impressed by anyone. The size of Ramy is stupid but SS might be right in saying his legs may be TOO big. I was very disappointed in Kai, considering all the talk/hype he and Farah drummed out. VVery deep, mostly off, line-up.

Also, to whomever said it seemed Phil was unsportsmanlike in the Ab & Thigh. If you watch the replay, Phil was plenty out to the side and Kai had a mile between him and Dennis. It seemed Kai got pissed when he tried to move Phil and couldn't. And yea, if Phil had yielded, it would have indicated weakness.

All the BS aside, just hoping everyone brings their A-game tonight.
    Last edited by Wheels; 09-20-2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Conjunction

Quote Originally Posted by John Hansen View Post
    OK natenator, here's my thoughts. I thought Kai was much better than last year but still not at his all time best. Phil was much worse than last year and his narrowness was really exposed next to both Kai and Shawn. I thought Kai and Shawn blew Phil away in the front double biceps and the front lat spread. Even Phil's side chest wasn't as dominating (did anyone notice he was pulling his arm all the way back in this pose for some reason). Phil's side triceps is awesome. His rear double wasn't as good. Kai blew him away in the rear lat spread. Both Kai and Phil didn't look great in the abs pose but Shawn looked fantastic in that shot. I had Phil only winning maybe 2 of the mandatories. Kai had him beat this year, all the way, even though he's not at his best. I can also see Shawn ahead of Phil. Will this happen? We'll see what they look like on Sat night but I think Phil will still win regardless unless he's still off on Saturday and Kai is much improved. The debate about Phil winning 8 Sandows now looks ridiculous now that his weaknesses have been dramatically exposed this year. Even Phil can come off, this year proves it.
    A lot of good points here. I looked back on some old pics from the previous O and Phil looks worse this year, even compared to his first win. He had a better waist and deeper lines. Kai has gotten bigger this year and really destroys the guys in the side chest with his thickness. That said Kai will never be Mr O, that is a fact. His past will always haunt him.

RX MEMBER

Is there anywhere to watch the 212 prejudging? How about the finals, is that going to be broadcast?

RX MEMBER

will be a huge shame if rhoden never wins an olympia title. he is on point and aesthetically in another league to both phil and kai.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    A lot of good points here. I looked back on some old pics from the previous O and Phil looks worse this year, even compared to his first win. He had a better waist and deeper lines. Kai has gotten bigger this year and really destroys the guys in the side chest with his thickness. That said Kai will never be Mr O, that is a fact. His past will always haunt him.
    Kai's past wont haunt him. Just seems to haunt all the people that take a look at footage of it. So shocking to them but they must have a little look !, probably more than once !.

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Early View Post

thoughts?
    they compared them side by side twice. (the first "fight" callout & the 3 man callout with kai in the middle)

ive got kai winning but what the fuck do i know?
    Last edited by babygorilla; 09-20-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast