Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

image.jpg Good morning! Like I mentioned in my Facebook post I want to go into more detail about how I changed my physique and helped my metabolism in the past year and couple months now.
    These pics are a little over 1 year apart on the left was right after Junior nationals 2013 and on the right was last week. I am a good 7lbs lighter now on the right but with more muscle. On the left I was about to go through a very hard time physically and mentally... At that point my previous coach had done some good damage to my metabolism and I completely lost almost all my muscle mass. It was my first time ever working with a coach that's why I say BE CAREFUL OF WHO YOU TRUST!!
    So moving forward I began working with two awesome people who actually specialize in rebuilding the metabolism and who are amazing at reshaping the body. To begin with I was doing over 2 hours of cardio a day and fasted cardio so we immediately stopped both and I did no cardio for a good period of time and we slowly added calories back into my meal plan. On the left I was eating no fats too high of protein and barely and carbs so we added those macronutrients slowly back into my meal plan. We a CHANGED EVERYTHING. We also began lifting heavier weight but working out less with more rest days.
    Still to this very day on the right I HAVE DONE NO FASTED CARDIO and never will again. No steady state cardio, I eat ALOT MORE!! I lift as heavy as possible and have way more rest days. If you have found yourself doing any of the things I mentioned above like barely eating, barley lifting OR LIFTING EVERY SINGLE DAY OR WORKING OUT EVERY SINGLE DAY, doing tons of cardio, fasted cardio and u feel awful doing it... YOU DONT HAVE TO DO THAT TO GET LEAN. MY ADVICE IS TO REEAVALUTE YOUR CURRENT SITUTAION. I had to do that and it worked out to my advantage. Going through a process to change your body should be a good experience e and I feel like a lot of people don't know that. Everyone thinks you should suffer to get to your goal. NOT TRUE.
    I HAVE NOT yet WENT BELOW 100 grams of carbs daily yet! I am still eating over 100 grams and on some days over 200 grams. My fat intake is still really good also. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DEPRIVE YOURSELF OR SUFFER to accomplish your fitness goals. WE reversed dieted for ALMOST a full year then starting cutting SLOWLY. WE cut way back on cardio to where I was only doing under 1 hour a week then slightly over 1 hour a week of HIIT. We began and have stuck to a 4-5 day weight training split where I do incorporate some functional training as well for part of my cardio some days. We monitored everything WEEKLY closely! I won't lie it is tough to go through mentally putting on a little weight and your clothes fitting differently BUT WHAT IS AWESOME IS HOW GOOD I FELT IN THE GYM AND HOW STRONG I BECAME!
    Focus on the end result and your strengths. There will be times of frustration and doubt but keep that picture in your mind of WHAT YOU WANT AND WORK TOWARS IT EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! The fight WILL BE WORTH IT!

image.jpg Good morning fellow athletes! in the caption of the picture I posted is why I wrote this article. Please check it out on our Rxmuscle.com site in the Rxgirl article section. I write everything designed to share my personal experiences to help others!! Happy monday😍
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wanted to share with you how I gained the mental strength to get through nearly having severe metabolic issues and a torn down physique after working with a prep coach for the first time. I survived and completely changed myself physically and metally. We complelty restored my health and I am a new and much improved person today all around because of my experience.
    I will never stop saying this.... But BEFORE YOU HIRE A TRAINER OR COAVH PLEASE RESERACH THEM! Don't just put your health in the hands of anyone. In my opinion there is more bad coaching out there than good these days so BEWARE PLEASE.

A little over 1 year I parted ways with a prep coach who nearly destroyed me. By the grace of God I found two amazing people that helped me recover (Josh Field and Victoria Adelus Teamabc fitness). They literally started working with me as soon as they could and we began working with my metabolism instead of against it and rebuilding my torn down physique. Now I am sure that most of you out there think that blowing up or gaining a lot of weight quickly after competing is normal... Well I am here to tell you that it's not!

Now given where I was coming from I was bound to gain weight and go through hormonal changes. If things are done properly to begin with then this can all be avoided. I had to put on some weight to become healthy again, regulate my hormones, and rebuild my torn down physique. With the extra weight gain and hormones trying to regulate I felt awful ALOT. I WOULD feel good one day with energy then for the next few days drag. None of my clothes fit and it was just an up and down roller coaster in more ways than one.

I struggled but I told myself that NO MATTER what what I would get through this because I knew there was something great within me. YOU HAVE TO KNOW THAT ABOUT YOURSELF AND TELL YOURSELF THAT. I got through the weight gain by doing things like buying new clothes that I was comfortable in (lots of tights and loose shirts) and I didn't sit around being sad all the time. I went to the gym and WORKED! I began gaining a lot of strength so I started to put my focus on how strong I could get and how much weight I could lift with proper form of course. So then from there I started to focus on exactly what I wanted my competitive physique to look like! Even when I saw progress pictures or looked in the mirro I kept my image in mind. I told myself that I would be competitive again!

It's like I kept my thoughts in the future. I dug deep with in myself and pulled out something great. Sure you will go through self doubt and wanting to be depressed and that can keep you from doing the little things each day that will eventually turn into what you had hoped for. No matter what day after day and week after I week I worked hard picturing my end result. Yes there were days when I didn't want to even leave the house but I did anyways no matter what and no matter what people thought. Mental strength comes from challenges and CHOOSING TO BE STRONG. Its a choice really. You choose to be strong no matter what you go through and how bad it seems at the time. Choose to picture the future and choose to know that YOU CAN DO ANYTHING THAT YOU SET YOUR MIND TO. You have to know that!! you have to be in control of your thoughts. train yourself to only think positive and even surround yourself with positive people. Of course you will have some negative thoughts sometimes... You are HUMAN. But when you feel them creeping in along with the self doubt PUSH THOSE THOUGHTS OUT. It's like training your mind as you would your physique to grow and be stronger.

NO MATTER WHAT take the small painful steps every single day that will lead to something great. We all have it inside its just a matter of us pulling it out of ourselves Today I am better physically emotionally and mentally because I stuck it out and never gave up. YOU CAN TO!!

image.jpg In this post I want to share with you all just how improtamt it is to really put things into perspective when things in life that are OUT OF YOUR CONTROL happen. You have a choice... You can either stay stuck in your own self induced misery or you can choose to find the positve and the lesson being taught. Life is life and things will happen that you have no control over. You can choose to be at your lowest low or be at your highest high!

This last weekend things didn't go in my favor and as a matter of fact they went worse than they ever have since I started competing. The show experience was not good but the journey leading up to it has been the best thing that has ever happened to me and this is the healthiest I have ever been so for that I am forever grateful I feel that it is complelty normal to go through the feelings of self doubt and to question everything when we get knocked down a bit. WE ARE HUMAN. BUT... There comes a point where you have to make a decision and that decision is whether to pick yourself up and keep moving forward or let your own self stop you... BECAUSE THATS WHAT WILL HAPPEN.

SURE I could give up... I could let people that try to compete against me stop me... I could let the petty things get to me... I could point blame and be angry... I could be bitter towards the industry... I could in fact GIVE up on my dreams. When I think about doing any one of things it sounds complelty ridiculous to me. WHY? Because when you work towards a goal of bettering yourself and you accomplish that goal YOU HAVE WON or if you have even made an affort THEN YOU HAVE WON. When you work so hard towards something you can not let people take that from you and Honestly nothing or no one can UNLESS YOU LET THEM. What really matter's is how we see ourselves. What matters is knowing that some things we just can't control and knowing that ITS OK! Just keep figuring out your next move.

We can either choose be our worst enemy or we can choose be our most powerful asset. With every situation or thing we go through in life whether good or bad... THERE IS A POSITVE AND A LESSON BEING TAUGHT TO US. It is natural to go through negative feelings but it is choice to pull out the positve and lesson in whatever experience we go through in life. It is a choice to use the lessons to MOVE FORWARD AND TO HELP US GROW into the people we are meant to be or let circumstances hold us back from our greatest potentil. Its a choice to feel sorry for ourselves or to be bitter. It Is a choice to quit and give up on your dreams. Circumstances sometimes can work against us but they don't last forever. At the end of the day no one can stop you Except yourself.

Find the lesson and figure out whatever it Is that you have to do to keep moving forward. I will tell you this... SOMETIMES THINGS DO NOT WORK IN OUR FAVOR TO GET US ON THE TRACK THAT WE NEED TO BE ON TO KEEP US PROGRESSING. One path may get you so far and you think THIS IS THE ONE but then you get slightly derailed again and if you look hard enough you will find the next path and the direction you are meant to go at that point😊. BUT YOU HAVE TO BE WILLING TO LOOK AND NOT SELF LOTH. IF you stay bitter then you stay held back only by yourself and you wil never know your TRUE GIVEN ABILTY😉. Life is all really about the choices we make and I feel like we are always lead to the path we should take but it's just a matter of seeing it!!! So look hard and NEVER GIVE UP ON YOU!! "Avoid self judgement, self abuse, and regret. Always do your best."

Loni Pfeil
    Attached Images Attached Images

I know I've responded on mostly every one of your Social Media pages Loni but this, YOU, your journey is just AMAZING and I so appreciate you sharing your experiences with us.
    I started to put my focus on how strong I could get and how much weight I could lift with proper form of course.
    This, just makes me happy, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrealyn75 View Post
    I know I've responded on mostly every one of your Social Media pages Loni but this, YOU, your journey is just AMAZING and I so appreciate you sharing your experiences with us.
    This, just makes me happy, thank you.
    I love all of your comment! I'm glad that something I worte or my experience could help u😘 that's why I write

Default What I have learned thus far in the fitness industry

image.jpg I have learned a few things that I could share and I will over time but I feel over the last two years is where I have learned the most. Last weekend I attended Nationals in Miami as guest and after attending I am glad I was only guest for now😊. This past season was extremely successful until show time which is fine bc the way I look at is that it just wasn't meant to be right now and I'm moving forward. The last time I attended Nationals as quest was in 2009 when it was held in Atlanta.... My best friend and workout parter at the time won her class in figure then won the overall and became one of the biggest names in fitness. So I've seen a lot and learned a lot even when I wasn't competing. I am thankful for every part of my journey thus far.

I wanted to share something very valuable that I have learned have seen first hand and that is the amount if bitterness I have seen from some fellow competitors but mostly from Pro's in this sport. I feel like a lot people feel that the industry owes them something when in fact it is our descion to compete to begin with. I see so many people speak out against the industry or try to share Thier bitterness all because they didn't get what they wanted or what they feel they deserved. I have watched the best of the best rise to the top and then fall straight to the bottom bc of an ego. Remember TO COMPETE IS A CHOICE and to be a part of the industry IS A CHOICE.

I SEE SO MANY PEOPLE BECOME BITTER and let things stop them. Yes, there are a lot of negative things but there are positives too! THATS LIFE! We have to be willing to pull out the positive even when we have failures... Look at it like its never a failure but it's a learning experience to help you grow or help you change paths in life. I could be bitter at the coach I had almost 2 years ago but I took that experince to help others and I moved on with my life still doing what I love. Being bitter at the world or at situations does you no good.

Personally I could be bitter at a few things but I choose not to be. I have had people try to share Thier bitterness but I choose to not let it affect me and I distance myself with those who have negative opions bc of something that happened to them. We have to realize that if we base our descions and choose our direction based off of others EXPERINCES then we aren't doing what we set out to do and we are letting others taint our thoughts. Remember that others people's EXPERINCES are NOT OUR OWN. There will be a sea of negativity all around but you have to choose to not let that bring you down but rather keep reaching past it!

Through all of my EXPERINCES that is the biggest lesson or valuable lesson I have learned is to not sell yourself short bc of other people. If there is a will then there is a way and if you believe in yourself then THE SKY IS THE LIMIT! Everyone has a story to tell but be choosy of what you listen to. Everyone also has a different path... Create your own and be careful of what you share with others who are trying to accomplish Thier dreams. Turn a negative into a positive and use it to push forward maybe to find another path that awaits you or to help others. Choose not to try to be that person who tries to bring others down. That's no way to live....

Being back at Nationals and seeing what is truly possible and being around positive people is something money could never buy and I wish I could bottle it up and carry it around with me. It refreshed me and made see things in a different light again. It made me see that the industry can in fact be a positve thing just the way I thought and that it is only a choice to listen to the negative bitter people or read the negative posts people write all because they feel so deserving of more money or a higher placing... Get over it and go have fun doing what you supposedly love and try to make a positive impact along the way somehow without sharing your bitterness with the world like you are trying to help.

People want to be bitter well I choose to help others want to keep persuing Thier dreams. After all there are far too many bitter people in this world😊. If someone couldn't do it then they will try to make you think that you can't. BOTTOM LINE NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT LET PEOPLE STEAL YOUR DREAMS FROM YOU. Happy Saturday keep moving forward friends😘💪

Every post gets better and better Loni, thank you for being as honest and as real as you are. The industry needs more women like you and Miss Victoria Adelus because it really does help me see that not everyone is as competitive, fake and selfish as I've already experienced unfortunately. Keep being you and continue with these awesome entries, you have a fan in me.

Every post gets better and better Loni, thank you for being as honest and as real as you are. The industry needs more women like you and Miss Victoria Adelus because it really does help me see that not everyone is as competitive, fake and selfish as I've already experienced unfortunately. Keep being you and continue with these awesome entries, you have a fan in me.
    You're awesome girl love u!

Default Having trouble staying lean? Here are a few helpful tips

image.jpgI think most of us struggle with life after competing and what is a realilistic weight for the off season. We have to realize that we won't be super tan and shredded year round but we can look good and close to that and stay healthy. The off season is not an excuse to gain 20-30lbs or even 15lbs and eat whatever you want. And if you do gain that amount of weight and gain it quickly after competing then your prep wasn't done correctly. You shouldn't really rebound after competing if things were done correctly and you weren't over dieted. Most competitors think thats normal BUT ITS NOT at all.

I personally feel my best no more than 10lbs over show weight and I think that is a reasonable and realilistic place for anyone to stay and maintain. Since my last show at the beginning of Nov I have been on two vacations took time off from the gym and managed to keep my weight down. Here are a few helpful tip and things that have helped me:

1. Make sure you have some sort of set meal plan.
    2. Set short term and long term goals for yourself even daily goals.
    3. Don't always reward yourself with food when you reach a goal in your life.
    4. Tell yourself that the food you may crave will be there later or find a way to work it into your daily caloric intake.
    5.if you choose to have something then just don't over indulge.
    6. Keep yourself accountable by taking weekly progress pictures so you can see your progress or see that you are Maintaining your goal.
    7. Don't use food as an emotional outlet. Know that food is there to fuel your body and to keep you healthy.
    8. LEARN FLEXIBLE DIETING
    9. To me I look at like this, over indulging what is that going to get me? Probably negative results so I don't do it.
    10. Don't weight yourself in the afternoon or everyday. Once to twice a week first thing in the morning.
    11. Find a daily routine that keeps you on track and always be prepared with food. Carry food and snacks with you everywhere so there is no excuse to eat junk or skip a meal.
    12. FIND SOMEHING OR SOMEONE THAT MOTIVATES YOU DAILY.

I do recommend some sort of flexible dieting method. What has helped me the most is if I suddenly want something like maybe a burger and fries then I find a way to work it into my caloric intake by removing some of my carbs and fats that I have left for the day. Basically just have the burger instead if that makes sense. I strongly recommend that you know or find out how many calories you are eating everyday and how many fats, carbs, and proteins... This will help you tremendously in everyday life and towards your fitness goals!

If you want to enjoy food and stay fit then you have to discipline yourself somehow and keep it that way Having a personal trainer or COACH that knows what they are doing is very helpful! It also takes having a well conditioned metabolism by making sure that you are not under eating for you daily BMR needs and making sure that no matter what YOU DONT MISS ANY MEALS. Eat all OF YOUR food and train hard also incorporate HITT cardio into your routine. Make sure you eating the proper foods that your body can digest and eat every 2-3 hours. It's like putting wood into a furnace to keep the metabolism burning!!

Please allow yourself to live and be flexible. It's all about some kind of balance and keeping yourself accountable or finding someone else who can. Make sure that your goals are realilistic and don't beat yourself up if you don't see abs or if you aren't show ripped year round. Live to be healthy and to feel good! To be strong! Even if you aren't a competitior simply maintain a weight where you feel good and can live a healthy functionable life not to always have to "look" a certain way.... Healthy is always better
    IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU DO INFACT NEED HELP PLEASE Email me or message me on FB. Email [email protected] and Facebook is Loni Pfeil. Have a great night friends!😉

Great post Loni, thank you and keep up the good work.

OLYMPIAN

Shot of Loni & Chris on Miami Beach for 2014 NPC Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post
    Shot of Loni & Chris on Miami Beach for 2014 NPC Nationals

Thank u for posting this!!!!😊

Great post Loni, thank you and keep up the good work.
    Thanks girl

Default The importance of building your metabolism and what that means.

image.jpgAttachment 176411 This is just a silly picture of me flexing at home in my bathroom. Why? Because I feel pictures like this allow people to see the REAL ME. No filters no make up no photo shop... JUST ME. I try to be as real and honest as possible. This was me today currently going into my second month of my offseason and still only up a few pounds from my last show weight of 131lbs. Am I a little softer? Yes but I actually like it and I'm looking forward to those Gaines!! Haha

I wanted to post this because I feel like whenever I talk to people about the importance of building Their metabolism they seem very interested but yet very confused... That tells me that most coaches do not help Their clients with this. Fortunetly I had two amazing coaches that helped me with this and I also took the time to do a lot lot of research on my own so that I can now practice on myself for a bit. So far so good... For contest prep I didn't go below 1600 calories I believe on my low days and 1800-1900 on high days something like that Right now I am pushing close to 2000 calories a day and my weight is staying steady. Last off season I made it up to 2700 calories.

You see, as you lower your caloric intake and go below what your body actually requires (your BMR) you start to slow your metabolism down and this is why I feel with a lower calorie diet for an athlete there should be high days mixed in there every few days to help boost your leptin levels (our fat burning hormone). If this is not done then your metabolism will start to drag and most likely hold onto body fat. It's really important to understand how much you are eating what you are and WHY. Try different foods and pay attention to how they work with your body. For example: I tend to stay away from a lot of brown rice because I feel it makes me feel more boated and gives me smoother look than lets say a white rice.... I know that sounds weird and most people think brown rice is the best but, the truth is that it doesn't really matter what type of rice you eat as long as it works with your body. For me brown rice doesn't work so well. As you get more in-tune with your body you will notice things like this.

If you are an athlete or a very active person then it is important that YOU EAT MORE THAN THE AVERAGE PERSON. The goal should be to eat as much as possible and slowly build your caloric intake without gaining a lot of weight a few pounds minimum. This goes especially for competitors because for us to get stage lean we have to go into a calorie deficit. Some competitors have worse than others and have to go to extremes and do extremes amounts of cardio because they did not take the time to build their metabolism and most likely their coach has no idea what they're either.... That can be a very scary situation for your health! IVE BEEN THERE!

If you take the time to build up your metabolism then your contest prep becomes easier and a lot healthier. You will feel good during your prep you will eat more and do minimal cardio that's the way it should be! The off season is a time to build your metabolism and physique. Imagine the Gaines you could achieve by eating more and more but doing it in way where you stay lean also! If you stay leaner during the off season like maybe 10lbs above show weight then when you do go into contest prep it isn't as taxing on your body because you don't have all that weight to lose! at the same time you are eating more... WHAT?? Yep TRUE STORY! IT CAN BE THAT WAY! Healthy is always better.

Building the metabolism means: building your caloric intake as high as possible with healthy foods but, doing it in a way that your body adapts to the changes so minimal weight is gained. The changes should be done slowly and strategically. I would also suggest incorporating a type of cardio that actually helps stimulate your thyroid (HIIT) I will talk about that in another post. It's simple, if you don't take the time to build up your metabolism or have someone who knows how to help you do it... You will end up with a sluggish metabolism in turn you will eat less and do tons of cardio to get show lean (if that even works) it may work the first couple of times but after that you will be headed for some serious metabolic issues! I've been there too and it took me one full year and then some to get where I am today. It's a very serious matter for athletes.

My advice is to TAKE THE TIME TO DO RESEARCH and if you need help find a GOOD coach or speak with someone who is qualified to help you in this area. Taking care of your metabolism in the off season is more important than the actual show prep because without a strong metabolism that is firing properly your competition career could be cut short. Another piece of advice is if a coach does not mention this to you or know how to do this then I wouldn't use them at all just my opinion. Building your caloric intake and conditioning your metabolism is the best way to make the Gaines you want and also burn unwanted body fat and fill out those stubborn areas on your body.

SIGNS YOUR METABOLISM IS LOW OR SLUGGISH:
    1. It's hard for you to lose weight and keep it off.
    2. It's easier for you to gain weight then lose it.
    3. You have major sugar cravings.
    4. You don't wake up hungry.
    5. You could hours without eating.
    6. You suffer from fatigue or are tired a lot when you shouldn't be.
    7. Digestion problems like acid reflux constipation and bloating.
    8. Dry skin
    9. You often just at not all that hungry. Maybe you eat 2-3 times a day.
    10. You gain weight even when you dont eat a lot and you gain fat in places you never have before.

The goal is to make sure your thyroid is functioning properly. Through nutrition drinking lots of water and doing proper exercise your thyroid will naturally speed up and crank the metabolism up. We have TO EAT ALOT but eat correctly according to our goals. So drink your water train hard and never miss a meal! Until next time.... Have a great night friends!!
    Last edited by Loni Pfeil; 12-17-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast