Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default All Things Hogan

this is actually not so bad...it doesn't reek of the drama that some of the past interviews have given his current personal life...interesting comments on dream matches and TNA, too...

(credit wrestlezone)

The following is an excerpt from an interview-article with Hulk Hogan from The Southtown Star:

Dream matches

Many fans want to know if Hogan will ever get back in the ring.

"I'm trying to figure that out. I've had two back surgeries in the last five months. Just the middle of my waistline up and halfway down my back, it's so stiff that I just can't seem to get flexible. I'm trying to work through it. I'm 55 years old. With the knee replacements and hip replacements, I'm trying to not joke or fool myself. I'm trying to get a logical assessment," he said.

"I'm dying to do it. I'm dying to get in there. To me, it's fun to get in there. There has to be a talented wrestler willing to slow dance with me. I could go out there and pretty much do almost everything I could do before. I couldn't do the leg drop anymore because of my lower back. I could go out and have fun. It's going to take more time to see if I can get steady enough to even attempt something like that."

And just who would Hogan want to square off against if he had the chance?

"The match that everybody would love to see would be Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair," said Hogan, who picked that as his top dream match. "Everyone would love to see me kick Vince McMahon again. Hulk Hogan-"Stone Cold" Steve Austin (is another match). Stone Cold's bragger's claim to fame is: 'I never wrestled Hulk Hogan.' I think he thinks he's God's gift to wrestling. It would be a tremendous match for the fans. If he can get on the same page with me and put ego out of the way, who cares who wins? It would be a match people would love to see."

Even though Hogan isn't in the ring anymore, that doesn't mean he doesn't still have the love for pro wrestling in his blood. And that is part of the reason why he is doing Hulk Hogan Fan Appreciation Day.

"I've only done two or three autograph signings in my whole career really. I'm trying to get back out. There's no question of seeing the fans. There's genuine excitement that I just love. I was telling my girlfriend (Jennifer McDaniel) that I used to walk by the ring and touch it and get goose bumps," he said.

WWE and TNA

Hogan watches both WWE and Total Non-Stop Action Wrestling, which are considered the top two American pro wrestling companies.

"I watch both products. (TNA's) like the little engine that could. Everybody thought they wouldn't be around for long, and they've been chugging along for seven years. They gain momentum every week. They seem to be real fresh. When a lot of guys go over to that side of the fence, they seem to get a spring in their step," he said.

"I also watch Vince's product (WWE). Vince is the constant. He's the standard of excellence. I just love watching his show because you never know what he is going to do. Plus, the production -- you can't even touch his production. It's so dialed-in. It's amazing just to see how they put the pieces together."

Since Hogan was involved in a previous war between WWE and then-rival World Championship Wrestling, he does have an informed perspective of the war for fans between WWE and TNA.

"If you look at history, everyone says, 'History repeats itself.' With all of the choices in the universe of entertainment, I look at the big package and look at the big picture from 40,000 feet. I see history repeating itself. I see TNA getting strong. I see Vince McMahon being impeccable except for a few little holes in the boat," he said.

"TNA is lacking that one momentum-shifting move, that one big name that would even the playing field, the brand (that is) just as powerful as the WWE brand. (TNA's) lacking the big piece of the puzzle. It wouldn't matter who did what in the past. It will be a totally even playing field. You never know."

and I highly recommend reading the rest of the interview found HERE

hulk is the best.
    100% not natural.

another Hogan interview found courtesy of wrestlezone...is it just me or is he being WAY more humble than what we're used to?

The following are news highlights from a recent interview with Hulk Hogan in the Chicago Tribune:

When asked about when he would be coming back to wrestle:

“About every third person was saying, ‘When are you going to get in the ring again?’ They don’t realize that, even though I look the same way I looked 30 years ago—kind of—my body is pretty beat up. It’s kind of hard to explain to them. The hip replacements, the back surgeries, the elbow surgeries, the shoulder surgeries…I never like to say never, but right now I’m on the rebuild and rewind process."

About the signing itself being challenging for him:

“I tried getting through it without letting everyone know I was having a hard time. I’d never had a chair there at an autograph signing before. Now I have a chair in my bathroom so I can brush my teeth. When I shave, I shave half my face, lay on the floor for 10 minutes and then shave the other half of my face. I had a hard time walking through the Chicago airport today. I stopped one time to sit down and acted like I was doing something. I walked farther and then went into the men’s room. I leaned on the sink to crack my back and pretended I was looking at my face."

About returning to the ring:

“It seems to get farther and farther in reach. I just don’t want to exclude it from my thought process. It’s like the one place that, when I’m in there, I’m totally free.”

Also, the pythons are shrinking:

“They used to be 24 inches when I was 27 years old,” he says. “Now, last time I taped them, they were about 20 inches. That was a couple years ago. I haven’t taped them since. I’m afraid too.”
    FULL ARTICLE
    Last edited by ~gymdiva~; 07-13-2009 at 02:12 AM.

hulk rules!

Default from WZ:

ok so I changed this thread to, "All Things Hogan," just so we can keep all Hogan related gossip in one thread...

and here's your first topic

The following is from FOXNews.com:

Brooke Hogan says she has been approached a number of times by Vince McMahon to follow in her dad's footsteps and join the WWE.

The singer and reality TV star is the daughter of wrestling legend and 12-time world heavyweight champion Hulk Hogan.

And, in an exclusive interview with SunSport, Brooke revealed: "The WWE have told me that if I ever want to become a wrestler all I need to do is walk through the door and they'll give me a job straight away.

"They are always like, 'Hey Brooke when are you gonna put on some spandex and get in the ring?'

"But it's just not my interest. I'm more of a girly girl."

She added: "I would be good at it though, I would really kick ass at it — because I'm really strong and my dad's trained me up since I was 12-years-old."

RX MEMBER

Brooke should get in the ring and finally silence Jillian.

HAHAHAHAHA oy geez...

Default from WZ:

by Nick Paglino
    Aug 18, 2009

SI.com has compiled a top 12 "Heroes to Villains" list and coming in at number 9 is Hulk Hogan for joining the NWO back in 1996. Brett Favre tops the list for leaving the Green Bay Packers.

Default from WZ:

by Nick Paglino
    Aug 19, 2009

FoxNews.com is reporting that Brooke Hogan pulled out of her scheduled New York performance this past Saturday night after "suffering anxiety attacks, along with some other medical ailments." The report then indicates that Hulk Hogan, who was sceduled to appear as well as host of the evening also withdrew from the event to be by his daughter's side.

It wouldn't matter who he went against, it would be the biggest event ever regardless!

I'd like to see Hulk back in the ring, but he's a physical wreck. Did you see him in his reality show? He hobbled around like an old man.

That's a shame. I haven't watched any of his shows... but I can imagine that's the case given his list of problems

Default from WZ:

by Matt Boone
    Sep 14, 2009

The following is an excerpt from an article from Tampa Bay Online:

CLEARWATER - Hulk Hogan filed a lawsuit today against two of his many attorneys, claiming they wrongly charged him more than $1 million in legal fees to defend him in a civil suit spurred by the wreck that left John Graziano in a semi-conscious state.

Hogan says he could have been represented for no money by his insurance company, Progressive Select Insurance Co. But, he says in the 44-page lawsuit, he never received letters sent by Progressive and the attorney the insurance company
    had appointed telling him as much.

The lawyers Hogan is suing are Morris "Sandy" Weinberg Jr. and Lee Fugate. Weinberg is a partner in the firm Zuckerman Spaeder, and Fugate works there.

FULL STORY

Default from WZ:

anyone believe this?

by Nick Paglino
    Sep 23, 2009

In a recent interview with The Daily Telegraph, Hulk Hogan said that he tore both of his biceps bodyslamming Andre The Giant at Wrestlemania
    3. He then went on to make the following outlandish claim: "It was Wrestlemania III and, while we hadn't planned it, Andre said 'if you reckon you can lift me brother, go for it.'"

Hogan also commented on reports that he took down a guy who looked like a member of the Hell's Angels: "On Sunday we were in Melbourne, going into a restaurant when this guy - you know what a Hells Angel looks like, right? - well, he came screaming across the room at me. So I blocked him, hooked him and took him down. It was all over fairly quickly."

Default from WZ:

wow it's just a very Hogan kind of morning!

by Matt Boone
    Sep 23, 2009

Cosmo C. sent along the following:

Hogan was on Bubba the Love Sponge's show today. They played the recording of him threatening the guy in the band. Hogan said that the guy was his friend Dr. Unger's daughter Chelsea's friend (the name that is beeped out is Chelsea). They were at dinner about a year ago and the Dr. and Chelsea had Hogan leave it as a rib to joke with the guy according to Hogan. Hogan said he'd give Dr. Unger's number to call him and ask him if he wanted to.

Bubba and Hogan then talked about wrestling. Bubba said that Vince Russo was out for him. Bubba said he's inviting Russo in if he wants to get into it. Hogan and Bubba then trashed Russo for a couple minutes, basically saying he doesn't really get the wrestling business and he certainly wasn't brains behind McMahon. Hogan said Vince Russo wanted him fired in WCW before he even met him. Then Hogan proved him wrong by going back to WWE and doing big business with The Rock in Toronto and everything that followed.

Bubba said how much he loved Orton and Hogan went on to highly praise Orton and Cena. Saying that they both have that "it" factor and how great the two of them are. That sooner or later, they're both so established Vince will be able to turn Orton babyface and Cena heel and make money with it. Bubba asked him about Batista, Bubba said he met him and thinks he's a great guy. Hogan said Batista had a heart of gold and was a great guy, he just needs to avoid the injuries that he continually gets.

They brought up Edge. Bubba's producer said he heard that the injury is bad and that he might still be another 8 months out. Hogan said he didn't know but hopes the best for him and how much he loved working with him. Bubba also said how great Edge is. Then the most praise seemed to go to Chris Jericho. Bubba brought up how he caught him the other night and just how great Jericho is, how he truly is like the old school guys and just completely knows how to work a crowd. Hogan then said he didn't really know what Jericho was about in Atlanta but when he got back to WWE, he told Vince to just keep booking him with Jericho and that Jericho was amazing and a complete wrestler. Hogan said that he just wanted Jericho around him as much as possible, in the ring and backstage. That he was as great a person as he was a wrestler. A lot of praise for Jericho by Hogan. Hogan said that Jericho would be the ring general and call their matches. Hogan said he would love to work exclusively with Jericho. A lot of interesting tidbits out of the interview/phone call.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast