I recently came across a video on YouTube of Mike Rashid and Marc Lobliner doing a 100lb dumbbell challenge. It was 100lb dumbbell on flat bench for 100 reps as fast as possible. It seems pretty simple right? I mean we all have incorporated German volume (10x10) at some in our training.

This was completely different, as the idea is to not pace yourself with 10 reps starting out. The idea is to get this completely as quickly as possible and do as many reps in the first go (I completed 40 reps to start out with). The pump you feel is insane and it is a complete shock to you CNS.

Here is the link to the video of me completing the challenge in 7 mins 34 seconds, which beat our both Lobliner and Rashid in over 3 mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okau3tTxfqY

Try it out and see what you can get. Definitely not something I recommend doing on a regular basis, but if you want to push your body and your mind to its limits and see what you can achieve, this is definitely a great way in doing that.

Also, I attempted a similar challenge with squats at 315lbs with one of the powerlifters in my gym. This was way too harsh on the lower back. 17 mins in I had completed 72 reps and decided to call it quits cause the pressure on the back was starting to be too much.

Feel free to post you results on this thread.

I will be looking for new challenges and was to continue to grow in the gym

Thanks for reading.