Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    301
    Rep Power
    12077

    Default How many weeks out am I?

    I've been thinking very seriously about competing in Men's Physique. I wonder if I can win a pro card? Definitely not big enough for bodybuilding, but I think I have good enough size to do well in Physique.

    I'm around 5'10 and 84kg (185lbs), empty stomach and post workout. I wonder if I need to drop the extra 5lbs... at the moment I'm just focusing on training as hard as I can and eating around 2200 calories a day.

    On an unrelated note I haven't been training legs for the past 3 years due to chronic tendinosis so my legs are a bit deflated. Not skinny by any means (they're around 26 inches), but definitely not as big as they should be. I know I don't need legs for physique. But I guess it's good to start with Physique and then move on to bodybuilding at some point:

    Last edited by JackedQuads; 01-09-2015 at 05:57 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Bro you are jacked.

  3. #3
    OLYMPIAN Steve56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,256
    Rep Power
    1994399

    Default

    you're ready you could probably do a show this weekend lol

  4. #4
    OLYMPIAN
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,107
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Congrats brother. I rarely see 185lbs look like that on someone your height...but you did say your legs were lagging big time.

    If you were more balanced top to bottom you would probably be closer to 200.

    I can't see your back, but everything from the waist up on the front is ready.

  5. #5
    OLYMPIAN
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,201
    Rep Power
    2147635

    Default

    If your calves are half way decent I would say you're ready.

  6. #6
    Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    49,392
    Rep Power
    2149241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JackedQuads View Post
    I've been thinking very seriously about competing in Men's Physique. I wonder if I can win a pro card? Definitely not big enough for bodybuilding, but I think I have good enough size to do well in Physique.

    I'm around 5'10 and 84kg (185lbs), empty stomach and post workout. I wonder if I need to drop the extra 5lbs... at the moment I'm just focusing on training as hard as I can and eating around 2200 calories a day.

    On an unrelated note I haven't been training legs for the past 3 years due to chronic tendinosis so my legs are a bit deflated. Not skinny by any means (they're around 26 inches), but definitely not as big as they should be. I know I don't need legs for physique. But I guess it's good to start with Physique and then move on to bodybuilding at some point:
    You could do well in local shows in bodybuilding, definitely. And at 5'10" and 185 you're built for Men's Physique given a reasonable set of calves, of course. Hell, even without a good set of calves. Your upper body could carry you.

    What has the doctor said about your tendinosis?
    Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Join Rx Muscle on Facebook!

    Contact [email protected] to be interviewed or to advertise!

  7. #7
    OLYMPIAN
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,201
    Rep Power
    2147635

    Default

    How many times have you competed, if any?

  8. #8
    GeorgeForemanRules
    Guest

    Default

    4 weeks or less, you look amazing.

  9. #9
    OLYMPIAN black-elephant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    348
    Rep Power
    2147521

    Default

    From a single photo front only, three to four weeks. Additional photo angles would allow for more data to review. Legs and calves would be excellent to see in addition to a back shot.
    Training and diet consulting available. Send me a PM.

  10. #10
    OLYMPIAN
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    417
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    For men's physique? You would just need a few days to dry out.

    Don't confuse physique contests with bodybuilding. You might actually hurt your placing if you show up too conditioned.

  11. #11
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    4165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king shizzo View Post
    For men's physique? You would just need a few days to dry out.

    Don't confuse physique contests with bodybuilding. You might actually hurt your placing if you show up too conditioned.
    This is the man that is giving you fitness advice.

    2hrfthd.jpg

  12. #12
    OLYMPIAN
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    417
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SF1900 View Post
    This is the man that is giving you fitness advice.

    2hrfthd.jpg
    Whats the issue? I am 1,000 weeks out.

    But I would fit right in with the cast of Black Mass.

  13. #13
    RX MEMBER
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    whats ur workout routine?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •