"What Dorian Yates Taught Me About Life"

10931443_611394182323849_1474345873304514522_n.jpg

by Anders JP Eskilsson

I remember a cold and chilly season in Gothenburg Sweden back in the 90s. The weather type is similar to Birmingham UK where the classical training documentary was filmed. A movie that showed was real brutal workouts and hardcore gym’s was all about. I am talking about Blood & Guts and the globally famous “Temple Gym”. I can’t recall who lent me the video but I do know Is was the original version – not copied – the cover was a paperback a little busted on the sides – a classic VHS cassette with a bit of classic flickering going on in the picture…

When I pressed play the intro started with:

“Hi I’m Dorian Yates 4 x Mr. Olympia and this is the Blood & Guts the video I’m going to take you into my gym and show you how I trained to be world’s number on I hope you’re ready because going to be rough, like I said it’s Blood and Guts”

As many who has seen the movie know it showed a brutal and intense and workout with someone who could control a hell of a lot of weight almost with remote machine accuracy.
Yates truly showed his audience what true hardcore and a disciplined lifestyle was all about and there was no match to his way of reaching the Sandow Trophy...

read more @ http://www.ironmagazine.com/2015/wha...me-about-life/