Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post
    I'd really like to see Sandwich engage Bob over there on this matter. Bob of course contracts with both. Thus, I can't really see him badmouthing the web numbers for the hosts of the Olympia too much. Somebody still has to come up with $1.3 million in prize money for the Olympia.
    I haven't seen Bob on MD in like a week. Not sure if he's busy or something...

Speaking of departures, where is Pro Bodybuilding Weekly, the radio show?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post

That would be a huge mistake if Dan Solomon is not kept on board. He is a friend of mine but I say this as a fellow journalist & radio host - he is the most talented guy they have on staff there.

Dan brings a lot to the table but is grossly underutilized at Brand X.

OLYMPIAN

Well if Bob comes back maybe ask him about the discrepancy as far as who is #1 considering Alexa shows Muscle & Fitness 1st & Flex #2 without forums followed by MD.

I'm sure Dan will be back on shortly. Usually is late January I believe before they start. Plus, he has tons of other stuff going on I'm sure with the sale of their supplement company to the former NFL player turned physique competitor, etc. He probably has a few other startups in the works Making that money.

Last edited by Musclepapa John; 01-22-2015 at 12:33 PM.

GYM RAT

Well if Bob comes back maybe ask him about the discrepancy as far as who is #1 considering Alexa shows Muscle & Fitness 1st & Flex #2 without forums followed by MD.

I'm sure Dan will be back on shortly. Usually is late January I believe before they start. Plus, he has tons of other stuff going on I'm sure with the sale of their supplement company to the former NFL player turned physique competitor, etc. He probably has a few other startups in the works Making that money.
    What's Dan's background? What sort of business(es) is/was he running? I just thought he was a radio host. Guess not.

OLYMPIAN

What's Dan's background? What sort of business(es) is/was he running? I just thought he was a radio host. Guess not.
    Dan has a long history in the industry. Aside from Pro Bodybuilding Worldwide, which has always been the headlining company for the Tampa Pro that has had the highest number of pro athletes turn out on stage the last two years running Dan along with Lee Thompson started Formulation One that was sold last year to former NFL player, but they are still involved. Former Team Rx'er Big Sexy is their chief counsel. Lots of money to be made in the industry. Its not all seen on the surface or talked about on forums.
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 01-22-2015 at 03:20 PM.

Dan also is heavily involved with the Weider Brothers in Iron motion picture that is being planned. He wrote a cool feature article on it last year in MD and he is doing much more than consulting on it. Hopefully the company looking to put it out can get the capital to shoot it.

OLYMPIAN

He's on there today talking up their sponsored athletes if you want to ask him about the Alexa rankings that have them as third behind Muscle & Fitness & Flex

OLYMPIAN

Sandwich you've been going back and forth with David Baye and Bob Chic today at their forum and continue to fail to ask Bob about the comparative Alexa numbers even after Bob states in reference to you, "He doesnt believe in "facts" or "numbers" or any of our opinions of those of us who work within the business structure at MD...he has a "feeling" he goes on ( his own words)...and despite any of the success weve had here on this site and throughout the year...continues to use language that would suggest otherwise... " despite the state of MD...MD's darkest hour", etc etc...

Here's another newsflash Sandwhich....despite what other sites are doing, or what theyve decided to cut back on, or their dwindled sponsorship base....that doesnt have any impact on what WERE doing, or going to do in the future.
    Somehow weve survived this long without you.....

We can talk business and shop all day long bro...but your constant inuendos about how "bad" MD is doing is becoming laughable....I dont have to be "cocksure"...I have to eyes as everyone else does and have seen the numbers and traffic this site has accomplished all year long, and how far ahead of the previous years it is....basic math is all thats required."

If all is swell over there why not merely give Evan Centopani what he is asking for in his contract a few weeks now out from the Arnold as he is surely only asking for what's reasonable. To create such havoc over contracts as if there is some new high
    falutin matrix that's being devised with Evan as the test case is silly. They produce magazines and have a vbulletin forum to sell advertising on all backed by the financing of a millionaire with unlimited personal funds for gosh sakes.

According to Alexa numbers (unless they can produce others) even with the forum they are behind Muscle & Fitness and Flex. Splain that.
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 01-25-2015 at 05:19 PM.

In case The Sandwich or anyone else is unaware, the reason why Musclepapa John & myself can't ask these questions on the Brand X forum is because we are both banned from there. Our accounts were "hidden" upon both of our respective departures from the company. What I mean by that is we can still sign in to our accounts and post, but no one but ourselves can see them.

It's like a baby game being played; "they think they can post and it'll look like everyone else is ignoring them, as if they were irrelevant."

Yeah, real cunty bullshit. but nothing unexpected with the source.

OLYMPIAN

Howard Kurtz on the Fox Show Media Buzz is one of my favorite commentators. As he doesn't take a particularly liberal or conservative stance, but considers both sides of the topics he covers. Truly fair and balanced. Per Bob's statement about "No Bull" going away when Dave left on Jan. 16th, "
    LOl.."no Bull philosophy...No Bull Mentality"...welcome to 10 years ago. hate to tell you this but all the "no Bull Bullshit" went out when Romano and Palumbo were cast adrift....which is why the state of MD today is MUCH better, both in the industry and on the forums
    You guys can have all the truthful conversation you wish...I'm all for it. The idiots will be banned, plain and simple. You want pro's here posting consistantly, participating....thats what needs to be done. Saying whats on your mind only goes so far...if thats not common sense to YOU, then youve got some problems..."

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...o-by-MD/page14
    There is something to be said for allowing other voices into the conversation.

Again though my main opposition to them dates back to being told by Adina Zanolli that I was more concerned with Kissing the Manions asses rather than backing up Team MD when I was critical of Peter McGough for his claiming the judging at the 2014 Brazil Pro was bad, which his forum criticism stirred up negative comments about the head judge specifically. He also started an entire thread that basically denigrated participants in the bikini division. If Palumbo had done a fraction of that it would lead to being banned from shows. Not rocket science at all, but they play by a different rule book over there in the way they do occasional negative federation commentary from management level and via the way they moderate others negative comments. Having someone such as Bob paid to be onboard is great, but it would seem the same rules should apply to them as everyone else regardless. In that vein I'm not sure Palumbo could even get away with comments Bob makes like this one on their forum,
    "No argument there...I dont necessarily agree with giving out more cards. Nor would I give out pro cards to Masters, unless they were just for Masters pro shows. And I would NEVER give out cards to anyone but winners of a class.....Unfortunately...not my call"
    http://forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php/148606-State-of-MD-report-Evan-was-not-fired/page8

I wouldn't make such a statement as I have faith in the Board of Governors & Pro League as a whole to make the decisions best for their federations over the views of any one person's opinion including mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pietaro View Post
    In case The Sandwich or anyone else is unaware, the reason why Musclepapa John & myself can't ask these questions on the Brand X forum is because we are both banned from there. Our accounts were "hidden" upon both of our respective departures from the company. What I mean by that is we can still sign in to our accounts and post, but no one but ourselves can see them.

It's like a baby game being played; "they think they can post and it'll look like everyone else is ignoring them, as if they were irrelevant."

Yeah, real cunty bullshit. but nothing unexpected with the source.
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 01-26-2015 at 08:01 AM.

What I take out of Bob Chick's remark about Brand X not being of the No Bull mentality since Dave & John left is that they - as a company and brand - have moved on from those days 110 percent.

They have become a milk toast place, which is apparently just fine by them.

So if I have had the ability to post there, I would merely ask why they even bother to keep the moniker "No Bull" around. Their lead guy said it straight out; that's not their mantra nor direction at all.

Just incorporate the former "No Bull" into "The Z(zzzzzzz) Zone."

They produce magazines and have a vbulletin forum to sell advertising on all backed by the financing of a millionaire with unlimited personal funds for gosh sakes.
    It's almost like when a pro ball club can sign an expensive free agent that shits the bed and they cut him and eat his contract just to get him out of town. Maybe the IFBB should create a luxury tax like MLB has done.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456