Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shawn Rhoden

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by run4td View Post
    Trying to get Shawn on camera in the videos I am producing. He actually has a pretty funny personality but I think he is just shy on the spot and doesnt open up which I can certainly relate to. I can be serious and talk and act all professional but for me to be goofy like I would alone with my wife its a little tough to open up.

Ive said time and time again there are far too many supplement companies in the US which hurts each individual companies sales thus reducing expendable cash flow to invest into sponsoring shows, media, or athletes. If we want growth overall there needs to be some cut back in other areas.

As MPJ stated, its easier for a particular person to make reasonable money on their own without media contracts through YouTube profit sharing or subscription sites such as John Medows or the late Greg Plitt who was making millions a year. But you have to be creative and set yourself apart from everyone else and gotta keep constant content coming for members.

Hey Brad let him know I can do some hourly contract shooting for him in Cinema4k (new camera) same rate I charge for photoshoots; $150 for two hours and I can provide the video for you guys post production purposes with full copyright. I'll let Carlos Rodriguez know too as he works with him and Oscar on the Philippine show, etc. You guys might want to do Vimeo Pro also. Can run a teaser on the front end and a pay per view or membership offered on longer play and other videos after the preview: https://vimeo.com/pro/new
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 02-02-2015 at 07:06 PM.

http://muscle-insider.com/ DAVEMADMAX6's Avatar

Trying to get Shawn on camera in the videos I am producing. He actually has a pretty funny personality but I think he is just shy on the spot and doesnt open up which I can certainly relate to. I can be serious and talk and act all professional but for me to be goofy like I would alone with my wife its a little tough to open up.

Ive said time and time again there are far too many supplement companies in the US which hurts each individual companies sales thus reducing expendable cash flow to invest into sponsoring shows, media, or athletes. If we want growth overall there needs to be some cut back in other areas.

As MPJ stated, its easier for a particular person to make reasonable money on their own without media contracts through YouTube profit sharing or subscription sites such as John Medows or the late Greg Plitt who was making millions a year. But you have to be creative and set yourself apart from everyone else and gotta keep constant content coming for members.
    What you are doing is VERY smart Brad. Good for you man!

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by EvanL View Post
    Your list is exactly what I see happening. I feel like once instagram came about people could start promoting themselves to the people who generally wouldn't buy a bodybuilding magazine or go to a bodybuilding website. Now they go to instagram and YouTube for all their fitness and diet needs.
    These people buy supplements. That is the bottom line for supplement sellers. Who can blame them? The market is tough & they want to sell their product.

GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by DAVEMADMAX6 View Post
    Are you guys paying him in cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandwich View Post
    Why would you ask for his payment modality ? Why would they respond to you anyway. Always trolling Sandwich.

OLYMPIAN

I recall one of the top guys last year when we were overseas sweating bringing back more than $10K in cash (made at a slow booth at the expo) without declaring it. Point is some top guys can indeed make significant amounts of cash at these events. I assume that's what you were getting at.
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 02-03-2015 at 03:18 PM.

GYM RAT

I was just wondering if the dude was going to give a fair wage to Shawn for manning his booth.

What's the problem?

HTW

I was just wondering if the dude was going to give a fair wage to Shawn for manning his booth.

What's the problem?
    even if he wasnt, Rhoden agreed to be there .. How much do you think a fair wage is ???

OLYMPIAN

What's the problem?
    If he isn't paid I could see it could be worth a trade deal wherein he sells his autographed photos and MuscleInsider who isn't going to be selling anything really gets draw to their booth. The flip side is he isn't likely to be at any of the other mags booths that sponsor athletes as that would be even more like working for free wouldn't it?

That brings up an interesting point to me though, which is after being sponsored by a magazine and dropped should you give them free interviews after the show as if everything is fine and dandy no hard feelings? I dealt with this in trying to massage relations with athletes no longer sponsored when doing show coverage for some of those mags and its a hard sell usually. I recall vividly one of the top guys saying "they can all fuck off unless they are paying me."
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 02-03-2015 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post
    If he isn't paid I could see it could be worth a trade deal wherein he sells his autographed photos and MuscleInsider who isn't going to be selling anything really gets draw to their booth. The flip side is he isn't likely to be at any of the other mags booths that sponsor athletes as that would be even more like working for free wouldn't it?

That brings up an interesting point to me though, which is after being sponsored by a magazine and dropped should you give them free interviews after the show as if everything is fine and dandy no hard feelings? I dealt with this in trying to massage relations with athletes no longer sponsored when doing show coverage for some of those mags and its a hard sell usually. I recall vividly one of the top guys saying "they can all fuck off unless they are paying me."
    Not that it's any of the sandwich s bizouacks but yes, he is getting paid. He's a top athlete and he deserves to be paid.
    Last edited by DAVEMADMAX6; 02-03-2015 at 08:00 PM.

GYM RAT

Quote Originally Posted by DAVEMADMAX6 View Post
    Not that it's any of the sandwich s bizouacks but yes, he is getting paid. He's a top athlete and he deserves to be paid.
    Good. Just making sure.

Now, on the other side of the coin, Shawn must take responsibility for getting dropped. It's a two way street. The sheer lack of presence he has as the #3 guy in the world is extremely underwhelming.

Point is I personally think those with talent, personality and character will thrive in todays BB. Rhoden needs to read the writing on the wall and get to it if he wants to make a career out of this
    Sort of reminds me of Dexter Jackson (no disrespect to him) where it took Dexter years to build up his brand yet failed to transition into the online realm.

OLYMPIAN

Good. Just making sure.

Now, on the other side of the coin, Shawn must take responsibility for getting dropped. It's a two way street. The sheer lack of presence he has as the #3 guy in the world is extremely underwhelming.

Point is I personally think those with talent, personality and character will thrive in todays BB. Rhoden needs to read the writing on the wall and get to it if he wants to make a career out of this
    Sort of reminds me of Dexter Jackson (no disrespect to him) where it took Dexter years to build up his brand yet failed to transition into the online realm.
    Shawn nor the Blade are hurting and I'm sure they both would tell you just that. Both have good social media followings and the Blade has three annual shows and owns a supplement line and team. Shawn's got his own show in the Philippines and like Dex guest poses all over the U.S. and internationally. They may not be the Rock, but have a couple of the best physiques on the planet while still juggling everything else and as such are closer than you or myself.

Your words hold more gravity for the thousands of other competitors out there who don't get much play from anywhere and don't make much noise for themselves. Then again how can we be sure? We would have to check everyone's social media numbers
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 02-03-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Good. Just making sure.

Who is to say Shawn got dropped OR if it was even in his control at all as to the reasoning for BOTH VPX and Flex? Everyone wants to assume athletes either get clear cut dropped for lack of engagement or they are not "loyal" as some fans like to think. There is a business aspect behind everything. Clearly I am not going to divulge the exact info but its not always the athlete that is in the wrong.

Who is to say Shawn got dropped OR if it was even in his control at all as to the reasoning for BOTH VPX and Flex? Everyone wants to assume athletes either get clear cut dropped for lack of engagement or they are not "loyal" as some fans like to think. There is a business aspect behind everything. Clearly I am not going to divulge the exact info but its not always the athlete that is in the wrong.
    Don't let this guy rattle you Brad. He just loves getting a reaction out of people.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast