Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post
    Honestly, that's not a lot of pro cards (which include no name small fed pros) considering the number of people that pay him to attend his lectures and for his prep services. Plus, as he has been the one to put himself out there as better than others I'd really like to see a scientific/mathematical accounting of the numbers of clients he has charged during their prep and resultant failure/success rate. No male bodybuilding IFBB pros, just bikini competitors? He doesn't promote his group of clients as a team and to the contrary holdsup the victorious ones as over arching examples of his service methods. That's more of a sales pitch than science. And if he and Wilson are publishing peer reviewed studies in scientific journals they will indeed have my respect for that specific work.
    On the money.
    Not automatically mine, only if the study really means sth to me. Torture studies and they will confess anything… right ? There is a lot of studies out there that are led the way people want them to be led. Especially when the company wants to sell the "so call studied" product.
    Last edited by davidcua; 02-14-2015 at 12:57 PM.

OLYMPIAN

^Good point. Junk science doesn't deserve anyone's respect the same as having a Phd that is used to do nothing except encourage people to commit the logical fallacy of improper appeal to authority doesn't warrant respect. Lawyers are all highly educated and quite low on the respectability ladder. If I wanted to hold myself out as a "scientist" too I can't imagine I'd do it while making my money as a personal trainer/nutritionist versus putting on the lab coat and spending most of my time working on innocuous data that had some serious significance to further human knowledge, cure cancer, etc.

Turning bikini competitors pro in lower numbers than the teams he criticizes and turning a handful of no-name federation male bodybuilders pro I don't see as furthering his curriculum vitae.
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 02-14-2015 at 01:10 PM.

Honestly, that's not a lot of pro cards (which include no name small fed pros) considering the number of people that pay him to attend his lectures and for his prep services. Plus, as he has been the one to put himself out there as better than others I'd really like to see a scientific/mathematical accounting of the numbers of clients he has charged during their prep and resultant failure/success rate. No male bodybuilding IFBB pros, just bikini competitors? He doesn't promote his group of clients as a team and to the contrary holds up the victorious ones as over arching examples of his service methods. That's more of a sales pitch than science. And if he and Wilson are publishing peer reviewed studies in scientific journals they will indeed have my respect for that specific work.
    thats because it he listed then all you would be scrolling down a screen for about 10 minutes
    he has done this for almost s decade as a coach and turning pro himself and now he is PL at the Arnold Classic this year .
    while he mostly trains an works eith Natural over enhanced clients that is his personal choice. At least he is smart enough to recognize change in nutrition and supreme to and claim
    his own fault like how he preached dextrose back intern day and now advocates it and shows via science why insulin spiking may not be the most optimal
    or beneficial thing like brad and Alan just showed at a recent nutritional conference on the post workout anabolic window

wilson and laune
    have been working in the lab and have studies in the works so you may see those published soon I know they started some on keto diets the cardio podcast I lonked egc and have more to work on I will talk to him shortly here at the Arnold . While people may laugh at Payne you got stoppani with a PHD having people suck down pixie stocks for no reason and even with science not backing his statement
    2013 & 2014 RX Member of the Year
    2014 RX Muscle September Member of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    thats because it he listed then all you would be scrolling down a screen for about 10 minutes
    he has done this for almost s decade as a coach and turning pro himself and now he is PL at the Arnold Classic this year .
    while he mostly trains an works eith Natural over enhanced clients that is his personal choice. At least he is smart enough to recognize change in nutrition and supreme to and claim
    his own fault like how he preached dextrose back intern day and now advocates it and shows via science why insulin spiking may not be the most optimal
    or beneficial thing like brad and Alan just showed at a recent nutritional conference on the post workout anabolic window

wilson and laune
    have been working in the lab and have studies in the works so you may see those published soon I know they started some on keto diets the cardio podcast I lonked egc and have more to work on I will talk to him shortly here at the Arnold . While people may laugh at Payne you got stoppani with a PHD having people suck down pixie stocks for no reason and even with science not backing his statement
    I rarely Disagree with you but Hey.. Let's agree to disagree (on pretty much everything here )

Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post
    I rarely Disagree with you but Hey.. Let's agree to disagree (on pretty much everything here )
    Bold =
    Welcome to everything in nutrition (look at how palumbo does his diet mostly Keto to Layne high carb and Aceto High Carb etc..)
    Welcome to everything in supplementation (natural vs Enhanced) comparing apples to oranges with how you peak, how you prep, macro intake etc
    Welcome to everything with training and cardio (on how different people respond to different methods)

how one coach does it one way will vary from the next due to their methods and what has worked for them. Layne has a great client record, lots of pro cards to his name. You can bring up his PHD, but he continues to research, has had some good information put out on his V-Logs (youtube), his research with Dr Wilson (which he is still doing in Florida) and the amount of podcasts he had on here with Wilson and the knowledge shared

http://www.rxmuscle.com/2013-01-11-0...e-3-12-13.html (Cardio)

http://www.rxmuscle.com/2013-01-11-0...e-college.html (Contest prep Research)

http://www.biolayne.com/news/episode...ein-synthesis/ (MPS) probably one of his best and what he researches best with BCAA's and spacing meals out with BCAA's as a bolus between them.

etc.. You may not agree with what he does or the results his clients get but being a guy who mostly trains natural clients it shows his methods can work with those who are enhanced and winning a national pro card with it to boot.

You can agree or disagree with his success and his own personal progress as a natural pro and competing shortly at the arnold as a powerlifter. It just goes to show that what he preaches works, regardless of the client base being natural or enhanced it goes to show there is always more than one way to skin the cat.

OLYMPIAN

Rants about trainers putting bikini competitors on drugs; encourages lawsuits, etc.

Brags about picking up clients from terrible coaches he is "sick of other coaches" some of the biggest coaches supposedly he calls "cockroaches". Supposedly received over 500 independent women messaging him thanking him after one of his attack videos, repeats the cock roach claims, etc.
    http://youtu.be/EY1DsZMNfNw

Attacks other popular coaches as "not knowing their asses from a hole in the ground", etc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHHzie6XRGk

Phd's have to resort to this?
    I know we call that being passionate.

Bold =
    Welcome to everything in nutrition (look at how palumbo does his diet mostly Keto to Layne high carb and Aceto High Carb etc..)
    Welcome to everything in supplementation (natural vs Enhanced) comparing apples to oranges with how you peak, how you prep, macro intake etc
    Welcome to everything with training and cardio (on how different people respond to different methods)

how one coach does it one way will vary from the next due to their methods and what has worked for them. Layne has a great client record, lots of pro cards to his name. You can bring up his PHD, but he continues to research, has had some good information put out on his V-Logs (youtube), his research with Dr Wilson (which he is still doing in Florida) and the amount of podcasts he had on here with Wilson and the knowledge shared

http://www.biolayne.com/news/episode...ein-synthesis/ (MPS) probably one of his best and what he researches best with BCAA's and spacing meals out with BCAA's as a bolus between them.

etc.. You may not agree with what he does or the results his clients get but being a guy who mostly trains natural clients it shows his methods can work with those who are enhanced and winning a national pro card with it to boot.

You can agree or disagree with his success and his own personal progress as a natural pro and competing shortly at the arnold as a powerlifter. It just goes to show that what he preaches works, regardless of the client base being natural or enhanced it goes to show there is always more than one way to skin the cat.
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 02-14-2015 at 09:21 PM.

=
    Phd's have to resort to this?
    I know we call that being passionate.
    This has nothing to do with his PHD
    Again the links in the previous post help demonstrate a PHD (his research especially on BCAA's and MPS) + What he is doing with Wilson in Florida.
    a PHD has nothing to do with contest prep. You can hire any damn contest prep coach out there and they will say this or that about others. I can almost guarentee you that a lot of other "Contest Prep" Coaches on here have done the same things and have posted about it on these boards, but you don't go slamming those contest prep coaches.

Your taking the conversation and applying it to something not even relevant besides your own personal opinion. The video had nothing to do with his PHD in the first place and then you side tracked the whole discussion about that.

If you want to start a thread where you can bring up coaches who give the same damn routine and diet plan to client to client
    Starve them on little calories, make them do hours of cardio, and destroy their metabolism have a blast. Because welcome to the world of personal training where people give the same exact foods to every single client of theirs, have them do the same routine and dont modify a damn thing but yet have a lot of clients and dont get the results they are looking for and may scratch their head why.

No Contest prep coach will be liked by everyone
    Not everyone who has a PHD will be liked or their stances be backed by others who disagree with them.
    Last edited by The Solution; 02-14-2015 at 09:40 PM.

OLYMPIAN

Neither does a couple of bikini girls he holds up along with other fed pros that would be lucky to make NPC Nationals have anything to do with a PHD.

All I can hear is his ranting like a shock jock on AM radio bro. Its rather like being a fan of an NFL football player that fights dogs or beats his wife. I'm not interested in his science as a result. I can go to google scholar for that without the rant. Want to be respected as a professional act like one.

This has nothing to do with his PHD
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 02-14-2015 at 10:38 PM.

I always had a ton of respect for Layne not only as a prep coach/ bodybuilder but always thought he was a stand up guy. Well until recently
    A few months back i respectfully disagreed with something he posted instead of replying back defending his post he pretty much attacked me, then an avalanche of attacks from his cronies followed... Again not at any point was i disrespectful but god forbid my comment was contrary to his beliefs... Instead of a debate he was insulting me then followed that with banning me or blocking me on FB ... Lmao i was just shocked

No Shame Lame Norton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OLYMPIAN

Not unusual.
    Similar happened to me as he de-friended me for questioning some of his positions and challenging him.
    He has a good thing going. A few parts science mixed with a few parts ego and power lifting sprinkled with insults at the competition as bro-science, etc. makes for the fitness industry equivalent of Rush Limbaugh who is of course the most popular and well-paid talk radio shock jock. Mad respect for Layne coming up with a profitable schtick. No need to change a thing as he could be the Dr. Oz of the next decade making even more than he does now.
    The "media business" forgives all things if you can show some popularity, which Layne does. I had a mag editor a few years back have me cover an event he was in for not other reason than he was popular though controversial. Doesn't really matter if his science is legit to the media folks or his fans. After all its not like his fans need Phds. They aren't doing peer review

Quote Originally Posted by Steve56 View Post
    I always had a ton of respect for Layne not only as a prep coach/ bodybuilder but always thought he was a stand up guy. Well until recently
    A few months back i respectfully disagreed with something he posted instead of replying back defending his post he pretty much attacked me, then an avalanche of attacks from his cronies followed... Again not at any point was i disrespectful but god forbid my comment was contrary to his beliefs... Instead of a debate he was insulting me then followed that with banning me or blocking me on FB ... Lmao i was just shocked

No Shame Lame Norton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 02-15-2015 at 07:28 AM.

I'm not interested in his science as a result. I can go to google scholar for that
    I am sure google scholar spends 4+ years in a lab to demonstrate results in MPS, months and years in a lab with Dr. Wilson and then be published on RX muscle too

Bold =

I've never tell anything negative about being natural nor being enhanced by "serious supplementation".
    The only concern I had is for the Athlete to be cautious with their health (a minimum at least). So that they get blood work done + Try to get their hand on pharmaceutical grade "sups" and use it wisely (meaning do enough to elicit a certain result, don't go overboard for nothing).

And As far as Layne other work or tell his concern. I'm still stand by my previous opinion : He try to sound knowledgeable without actually making sense. In my opinion there is a lack of "vision" and common sense to his preps and his work with his clients might show it.

If I was an Athlete who compete and don't possess enough knowledge to perform at my best I would NEVER hire Layne to do my diet nor my training program.

Again that's my opinion, i'm entitled to it "basta" lool

OLYMPIAN

Its rather like an astronaut going to work on tricycle research. I expect more of Phds than to try and prove they are the best bikini pro maker.

I am sure google scholar spends 4+ years in a lab to demonstrate results in MPS, months and years in a lab with Dr. Wilson and then be published on RX muscle too

OLYMPIAN

BTW google scholar is a free search query for scholarly literature including peer reviewed content published in medical and other scientific journals that encompasses far more than published works of Layne and Wilson even if you'd like to claim publishing on bodybuilding websites is of equivalent merit.

https://scholar.google.com/intl/en-U...lar/about.html

Its rather like an astronaut going to work on tricycle research. I expect more of Phds than to try and prove they are the best bikini pro maker.
    Touché ! There is nothing bad about prepping Bikini comp though. I love Bikini comp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast