Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ibarramedia View Post
    mowing the lawn is no joke especially big ones. Could take up to several hours.
    Good thing I have a small one! It's the heat that does it tho.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    8/31/15 - Happy Monday!

AM: 40 min SS stairmaster + 45 min manual lawn mowing

... the lawn HAD to be done today ... getting out of hand. I've been putting it off because of a little heat wave we got this weekend, but it was getting a little bit fuzzy.

Also supposed to get a new split this week.

PM:

Got the new split and just as I was all stretched, 7 min warm up on the Arc Trainer, plates loaded on the leg press, SEVERE THUNDER STORM WARNING! And then the lights go out & they chase us out of the gym. Several of us waited until the gusting rain stopped and headed out. I'm happy to say my neighborhood did not lose power so no hot night w/o A/C here. The storms look like they have since passed, and hopefully no dust to cake on my wet car tonite.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

9/1/15 - Tues Welcome to September!

So apparently this past August was the second hottest on record w/ an avg of 107.7 degrees. It didn't seem all that bad except for two weekends where it bumped back up into the 110's. Go figure. I guess I can consider myself acclimatized to the desert SouthWest again. Cool And now, bring on the DOUBLE digit days please!

AM: 30 min HIIT cardio (5 min wu + 16 x (15 min fast / 45 sec recover) + 9 min SS) on the stairmaster.

The gym was still closed from the storm last nite and I spent some time cleaning leaves out of my pool, and still need to rake all the branches off my front lawn. But thankfully, we didn't lose power (at least in my neighborhood) and there was minimal damage from trees down and such. I like that we're getting some water, but monsoon season should be settling down some as well now that we're into Sept.
    Last edited by sassy69; 09-01-2015 at 05:47 PM.
    ~Jack Lalanne

Here's the new split:

Day 1: Lower / squat day - Starts tomorrow - 9/2
    Day 2: Back + light Shoulders
    Day 3: Chest + Triceps
    Day 4: Off - other stuff
    Day 5: Lower / ham + glute
    Day 6: Shoulders
    Day 7: Off - other stuff

With a 1 week split, I can also set some weekly class schedules as well. Saturdays @ 4 pm I have a golf class for an hour, and going to check out a dance / cardio class tonite for Tues PM and Sat AM.

Best part of the upcoming days - tomorrow is my long-awaited ART session. Can hardly wait!
    Last edited by sassy69; 09-01-2015 at 07:43 PM.
    ~Jack Lalanne

9/1/15 - Tues Welcome to September!

So apparently this past August was the second hottest on record w/ an avg of 107.7 degrees. It didn't seem all that bad except for two weekends where it bumped back up into the 110's. Go figure. I guess I can consider myself acclimatized to the desert SouthWest again. Cool And now, bring on the DOUBLE digit days please!

AM: 30 min HIIT cardio (5 min wu + 16 x (15 min fast / 45 sec recover) + 9 min SS) on the stairmaster.

The gym was still closed from the storm last nite and I spent some time cleaning leaves out of my pool, and still need to rake all the branches off my front lawn. But thankfully, we didn't lose power (at least in my neighborhood) and there was minimal damage from trees down and such. I like that we're getting some water, but monsoon season should be settling down some as well now that we're into Sept.
    PM: abs & flexibility
    7 min Arc Trainer wu
    super:
    - decline abs (hip flexor): 25 x 3, 20 x 2
    - BOSU iso-plank alt hip raises: 20 x 3
    - BOSU iso-plank knee raises: 30 x 2
    hanging abs: 15 x 3
    super:
    - lying leg raises: 20 x 3
    - alt v-ups: 15 x 3
    cable vacuums:
    - alt side: 30/30, 30/15 (slow count) x 2
    - central: 60/15 x 2

20 min foam rolling + stretch
    ~Jack Lalanne

Golf class? Have you ever golfed? I plan on taking ballet again when my foot heals my never thought about golf yet my parents live on a course. Must investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by baby muscle View Post
    Golf class? Have you ever golfed? I plan on taking ballet again when my foot heals my never thought about golf yet my parents live on a course. Must investigate.
    My dad is a psycho fanatic about golf. We all grew up around it but none of us kids ever really got into playing it. I have a pretty decent swing, but just have neverf played much. My mom just got into it a few years ago and she is so jazzed about it she wanted to get me going on it. Her points are fair - gets you outside, great way to meet people. I figure if I'm going to bother, I may as well get my pretty decent swing optimized and get an intro to playing consistently and maybe more exposure to people who play regularly. And I just really need more balance in my life in terms of things besides my job and the gym.
    Last edited by sassy69; 09-03-2015 at 12:44 AM.
    ~Jack Lalanne

9/2/15 - HUMP DAY!

Wt: 165 -- still some recomp going on
    The best part of the day was getting the comment from Shelby that I looked on track
    Had my bf done prior to the ART session w/ 12 pt caliper skinfold:
    13.6% bf / 142.6 lb lean mass / 22.4 lb fat

AM: 45 min SS stairmaster

PM:
    1 hr ART
    20 min stretch / foam roll
    8 min Arc Trainer WU

Training: quad / squat day
    seated leg ext: 45/20 50/20 65/20 75/15
    hack squat (sumo stance): 25's/20 35's/15 45's/15 x 2
    squat: 95/25 115/20 125/15 135/15 x 2
    walking lunges: 10's/30 yds x 3
    lying leg curl + glute ext: 40/15 x 7

20 min foam roll

And discovered my ART guy will do deep tissue massage (he doesn't do it a lot so doesn't advertise it), so I scheduled one for next Mon night. YEEEHAW! I normally do a lot more massage during prep and I haven't actually had a massage in months.
    Last edited by sassy69; 09-03-2015 at 01:38 AM.
    ~Jack Lalanne

9/2/15 - HUMP DAY!

Wt: 165 -- still some recomp going on
    The best part of the day was getting the comment from Shelby that I looked on track
    Had my bf done prior to the ART session w/ 12 pt caliper skinfold:
    13.6% bf / 142.6 lb lean mass / 22.4 lb fat

PM:
    1 hr ART
    20 min stretch / foam roll
    8 min Arc Trainer WU

Training: quad / squat day
    seated leg ext: 45/20 50/20 65/20 75/15
    hack squat (sumo stance): 25's/20 35's/15 45's/15 x 2
    squat: 95/25 115/20 125/15 135/15 x 2
    walking lunges: 10's/30 yds x 3
    lying leg curl + glute ext: 40/15 x 7

20 min foam roll

And discovered my ART guy will do deep tissue massage (he doesn't do it a lot so doesn't advertise it), so I scheduled one for next Mon night. YEEEHAW! I normally do a lot more massage during prep and I haven't actually had a massage in months.
    Good job on leg day. I miss it. Especially those squats and walking lunges. I personally believe that all the "progress pic" in the world mean nothing next to praise and encouragement from a coach you respect!

Massage feels like the reward for work sometimes. Better than money !

My dad is a psycho fanatic about golf. We all grew up around it but none of us kids ever really got into playing it. I have a pretty decent swing, but just have neverf played much. My mom just got into it a few years ago and she is so jazzed about it she wanted to get me going on it. Her points are fair - gets you outside, great way to meet people. I figure if I'm going to bother, I may as well get my pretty decent swing optimized and get an intro to playing consistently and maybe more exposure to people who play regularly. And I just really need more balance in my life in terms of things besides my job and the gym.

I've only tried putt putt, haha, but I'm intrigued by golf for the relaxing and balancing aspect of it. Not to mention the gorgeous nature that a course can offer. My parent live on a course...but they don't play.My father heckles the golfers when we've come to visit and cusses them when the balls hit his house. I don't think they realized the extent of golfs impact on the house/living when they retired last year. My father has been heard shouting at them post swing, shirtless, wine glass in hand, things like, "get glasses Alice!" "do you even fuckin lift ??"
    Last edited by baby muscle; 09-03-2015 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baby muscle View Post
    I've only tried putt putt, haha, but I'm intrigued by golf for the relaxing and balancing aspect of it. Not to mention the gorgeous nature that a course can offer. My parent live on a course...but they don't play.My father heckles the golfers when we've come to visit and cusses them when the balls hit his house. I don't think they realized the extent of golfs impact on the house/living when they retired last year. My father has been heard shouting at them post swing, shirtless, wine glass in hand, things like, "get glasses Alice!" "do you even fuckin lift ??"
    My dad embodies the irony of golf. When we were kids he'd take us out - could be mostly just to carry his golf bag -- caddying was a "coming of age" thing for all us kids -- but since we hadn't been playing golf since age 3 like my dad, we weren't PGA quality just yet. SO it meant taking the time to chase balls in the rough, hack away at a ball to get it down the fairway, etc. So when we'd get pissed off about a crappy swing. my dad would be there saying "Well, golf is a game of patience ... so..." (you know how parents admonish you w/ their "duh, aint' it obvious - this is a learning moment for you" way of making statements on your behavior like that ... ) And then on his next swing, he'd slice it or whatever ... and then you'd watch HIM get pissed off. I've seen him throw a putter down on the ground so hard the head sticks in the dirt and the whole shaft quivers from the power of the throw-down. To which the only response is .."Dad, golf is a game of patience" *snicker* Yea, he didn't appreciate that.

So golf, yes is a game of patience - and that is the challenge to keep an even keel - very similar to the process of competition prep in that you can't get emotional or it will throw off your game and you pay for it w/ things like looking for your ball in the next fairway or off in the woods, or trying to kick it up out of a sand trap. Just like comp prep where you can't get worked up or have shitty sleep because it all jacks up your cortisol.

But the mindfuck that comes w/ getting caught up in the game (or the prep) is what screws you. Patience & consistency is what gets you there.

But that's the beauty of this training thing I'm doing in that I can be a complete dumbfuck in the training session, get my dumbfuckedness analyzed and corrected. I'll also say I was incredibly nervous the first day w/ the trainer just knowing my swing is all over the place and I have to now be scrutinized by this guy - and even worse, they are recording me swinging so I can now see things like if I still look fat in my shorts or how goofy I swing - but I'm getting over it now. I figure by the time I actually get to a real golf course, it won't be nearly the issue that it could be.

"Golf is a game of patience".... :cP
    ~Jack Lalanne

9/3/15 - Thurs

AM... nope ... still pumped from leg day .... Ima be sooooore tomorrow ....

PM: back & light shoulders
    5 min arc trainer wu
    super:
    - wide grip (neutral) lat pulldown: 70/20 80/20 80/15 90/15
    - wide grip straightbar cable pullover: 30/20 35/15 x 3
    BB bent over row: 75/20 x 2 95/15 x 2
    DB decline 1 arm row: 50/20 x 4
    cable row (close grip): 80/20 90/15 x 2 80/20
    DB lat raise: 20/20 x 4
    neutral grip machine shoulder press: 70/20 70/15 80/12 80/10
    reverse pec deck (neutral grip): 40/20 45/15 x 2 40/15

45 min SS treadmill (angle 11 / speed 2.8)
    ~Jack Lalanne

9/4/15 - TGIFnF and start to a long weekend yay!

PM: chest & tris
    5 min arc trainer wu
    super:
    - HS chest press: 25's/20 35s/20 x 2 45/15
    - DB OH tri ext: 20/15 x 4
    super:
    - FreeMotion cable fly: 35/20 x 4
    - BOSU iso-plank hip flexor: 30 x 4
    flat bench DB fly: 20/15 x 4
    db kickbacks: 15/20 x 4

---> insane arm pumps!

stretch
    Last edited by sassy69; 09-05-2015 at 01:47 AM.
    ~Jack Lalanne

9/5/15 - Sat
    Today was a challenge as my lower right back ("QL") is jacked up. It's been tweaking for a couple of weeks and literally everything I did today involved some sort of swivel of my waist / back. I put on a giant "icy hot" pad to make it thru the day & still using it.

AM:
    30 min posing - more WPD contortion

60 min bellydancing - rib isolation, hip isolation ... omg ...

PM: 60 min golf lesson - more not-natural hip control

Made a lot of progress, but the mind-muscle connection required for the appropriate control in any of the above instances, much less all of them, is going to take a lot of work & lots and lots of practice.

I really need to get the ART guy on that area. My deep tissue massage accidentally got scheduled on Labor Day, so it has to get rescheduled some time whenever ... dunno when it's going to get done if at all this coming week. Booooo.. Ima invest in 'icy hot' patches.
    Last edited by sassy69; 09-05-2015 at 10:50 PM.
    ~Jack Lalanne

9/6/15 - Sun

*Nothing* - my right lower back was fukkkkd

9/7/15 - Mon

PM: legs
    6 min arc trainer wu
    super:
    - DB RDLs: 40/15 x 2 50/15 x2
    - abductor: 50/30 60/30 70/30 80/30
    super:
    - lying leg curl: 40/15 x 2 50/15
    - smith squat: 135/15 x 3
    leg press (high / close stance): 400/25 x 2 490/20 x 2

HIIT: sled push (+45 lb plate)/ 50 yds x 8
    ~Jack Lalanne

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast