Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    3/28/15 - Sat

UPPER BODY DAYY!!!!!!

Training: upper body "flush" - a general, all-over sort of training focusing on rebuilding the right motor pathways and not stressing the recently fixed joints Generally staying off the elbows & biceps and I haven't gotten clearance for lateral raises yet.

WU: 10 min stepmill @ level 6 - nice to see even my endurance is sucking less

super:
    - close grip lat pulldown - focus on lower back squeeze and staying off the biceps: 40/15x 2 60/15
    - cable rope pull over - focus on lower back squeeze: 40/15 x 2 50/15
    EZbar underhand bentover row - similar to DL range between shin & waist instead of upper body: 20/15 x 2 30/15 40/15
    super:
    - FreeMotion cable shoulder press: 40/20 x 3
    - rope OH ext - more focus on shoulders than tricep to avoid lockout: 40/20 x 3
    seated OH DB tri press - again avoiding elbow lockout: 7.5/20 x 3

FINALLY some lactose burn instead of tendonitis pain! WOHOOOO!

Cardio: 30 min stepmill (3 min low / 2 min high)

20 min foam roller

Woot woot for getting back to training upper body. I would be lost without it! Slow & steady wins!

Quote Originally Posted by curvygirl View Post

Woot woot for getting back to training upper body. I would be lost without it! Slow & steady wins!
    !!!!!
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

3/29/15 - Sunday

OFF ... but talk about sore & wiped out! After that upper body workout ... talk about sore - but in a good way! I woke up @ 4am w/ a really really sore left shoulder -- noting the right one is the bad one -- During a couple of the last exercises on Saturday I was hitting some serious lactic acid burn in the left shoulder and it just decided to show itself, since I tend to sleep on the left side it was just too much, The stinker was that I couldn't fall back asleep until 6 am so I felt sorta wiped out all day. I did a HYUGE amount of yard work so despite being a rest day, it was a very active full body workout.

3/30/15 - Monday

Flew to Seattle for work -- mega drama trying to get to the airport when the taxi I scheduled apparently scheduled me for a different day .... mad dash in my own car to the airport and literally got to the gate 2 minutes after they did a last call for my name over the intercom. LOL Once I relaxed from all that drama, I was much happier. Great remainder of the day w/ a new group I'll be working with. Really, really excited for this position!

I was able to find a gym facility a block from my hotel where it looks like a converted subway station in what appears to be a historic building (I am not familiar w/ the area so I'm guessing) - totally cool tile and what looks like frosted glass tiles in the ceiling. Anyway - it's a rabbit warren of rooms w/ a variety of cardio & machine weights as well as a hallway that looks like it used to be a walkway from a row of 6 art deco era elevators which they converted to a sled & tire flipping run. Totally cool! And then a large crossfit-ish room as well as a couple different little studios for yoga & spin. It wasn't ideal for a strength-focused leg day - the only true leg training stuff was seated leg ext & curl - but I got creative and made do.

Training: strength legs (not really going heavy but focusing on hams)
    dynamic warmup -- one plus of this stuff is my knees feel like they are getting less tweaky & stronger.
    seated leg curl (focus on ham-glute tie-in): 40/15 50/15 60/16
    super:
    - alt leg romanian DLs: 25/15 x 3
    - fit ball glute bridge: 15 x 3
    weighted cable kickbacks: 15/15 x 3
    super:
    - sled +95 lb w/ full rear leg extension push: 30 steps x 3
    - fit ball wall squats: 15 /15 x 3

20 min Arc Trainer

15 min foam roller
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Great remainder of the day w/ a new group I'll be working with. Really, really excited for this position!
    Awesome news!

3/29/15 - Sunday

OFF ... but talk about sore & wiped out! After that upper body workout ... talk about sore - but in a good way! I woke up @ 4am w/ a really really sore left shoulder -- noting the right one is the bad one -- During a couple of the last exercises on Saturday I was hitting some serious lactic acid burn in the left shoulder and it just decided to show itself, since I tend to sleep on the left side it was just too much, The stinker was that I couldn't fall back asleep until 6 am so I felt sorta wiped out all day. I did a HYUGE amount of yard work so despite being a rest day, it was a very active full body workout.

3/30/15 - Monday

Flew to Seattle for work -- mega drama trying to get to the airport when the taxi I scheduled apparently scheduled me for a different day .... mad dash in my own car to the airport and literally got to the gate 2 minutes after they did a last call for my name over the intercom. LOL Once I relaxed from all that drama, I was much happier. Great remainder of the day w/ a new group I'll be working with. Really, really excited for this position!

I was able to find a gym facility a block from my hotel where it looks like a converted subway station in what appears to be a historic building (I am not familiar w/ the area so I'm guessing) - totally cool tile and what looks like frosted glass tiles in the ceiling. Anyway - it's a rabbit warren of rooms w/ a variety of cardio & machine weights as well as a hallway that looks like it used to be a walkway from a row of 6 art deco era elevators which they converted to a sled & tire flipping run. Totally cool! And then a large crossfit-ish room as well as a couple different little studios for yoga & spin. It wasn't ideal for a strength-focused leg day - the only true leg training stuff was seated leg ext & curl - but I got creative and made do.

Training: strength legs (not really going heavy but focusing on hams)
    dynamic warmup -- one plus of this stuff is my knees feel like they are getting less tweaky & stronger.
    seated leg curl (focus on ham-glute tie-in): 40/15 50/15 60/16
    super:
    - alt leg romanian DLs: 25/15 x 3
    - fit ball glute bridge: 15 x 3
    weighted cable kickbacks: 15/15 x 3
    super:
    - sled +95 lb w/ full rear leg extension push: 30 steps x 3
    - fit ball wall squats: 15 /15 x 3

20 min Arc Trainer

15 min foam roller

Good stuff.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

3/31 - Tues

Dealing w/ this goofy gym I found in Seattle, I sort of walked around and made up a bunch of stuff for upper body because I didn't have a lot of great eqpt or the right benches.

so:
    WU
    Upper body
    Light cardio because my feet have been aching since the hike from the SEATAC terminal to the light rail station sort of aggravated them & walking around downtown just added to it.

4/1 - Wed
    Abs
    Cardio
    foam roller

4/2 - 4/7 - Nuttin - mostly in bed w/ a 3 day headache that ran for 5 days.

4/8/15 - Tues

1 hr ART - it appears ALL of the knots are worked out.... it blows my mind ...
    Training: lower body/ strength (well "strength" cuz I'm pretty weak starting over :cP)
    10 min leg wu
    dynamic leg wu
    lying leg curl: 40/15 x 2 40/10 x 2
    alt Romanian DL: 25/15 x 4
    leg press: 180/15 x 5 (jeez, lactose burn on a lousy 4 plate press ...:c/ )
    smith machine reverse lunge: 95/10 x 4
    GMs: 65/15 x 4
    SLDL: 85/15 x 4

Foam roll: 15 min

Cardio: HIIT stepmill - 20 min (and raging sore feet again)
    ~Jack Lalanne

3/31 - Tues

Dealing w/ this goofy gym I found in Seattle, I sort of walked around and made up a bunch of stuff for upper body because I didn't have a lot of great eqpt or the right benches.

so:
    WU
    Upper body
    Light cardio because my feet have been aching since the hike from the SEATAC terminal to the light rail station sort of aggravated them & walking around downtown just added to it.

4/1 - Wed
    Abs
    Cardio
    foam roller

4/8/15 - Tues

Training: lower body/ strength (well "strength" cuz I'm pretty weak starting over :cP)
    10 min leg wu
    dynamic leg wu

Awesome! I'm just getting there with my quads and every time I foam roll I want cry I'm so happy! Hope your feet feel better soon.
    Last edited by Sunnyday; 04-08-2015 at 08:19 AM.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

3/31 - Tues

so:
    WU
    Upper body

4/1 - Wed
    Abs
    Cardio
    foam roller

4/8/15 - Tues

10 min leg wu
    dynamic leg wu

That is a long business trip in Seattle. i'm glad you were able to find a suitable gym for you so that you can maintain your workout routine. Good job.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Ibarramedia View Post
    That is a long business trip in Seattle. i'm glad you were able to find a suitable gym for you so that you can maintain your workout routine. Good job.
    I'm going to keep looking for a "regular" gym around there. I don't like having to innovate all the time to get a complete workout done. That said, I really love the sled / tire flipping hallway! I probably need to ask about their policies for 'after hours' (it's 24 hr card access w/ regular 9-5 people at the front desk) tire flipping in case you get squished by the tire and you're by yourself or some freak spin out accident happens w/ the sled.
    ~Jack Lalanne

4/8/15 - Wed

Training: upper body flush
    10 min cardio wu
    Assisted pullup (120 lb counterweight): (-120 lb)/15 x 4
    super:
    - close grip lat pulldown: 80/15 x 3
    - seated (decline machine) wide grip cable row: 40/15 x 3
    super:
    - reverse pushup (on smith): bodywt/15 x 3
    - tri rope pressdown: 40/15 50/15 60/15
    super:
    - fitball roll-out to plank + tri ext: bodywt/10 x 3
    - decline bench reverse crunch: 15 x 3
    super:
    - TRX OH pullover: bodywt/15 x 3
    - seated fitball kettlebell OH tricep extension (elbows in): 18/15 x 3

Cardio: 30 min HIIT stepmill
    Foam roller: 10 min
    ~Jack Lalanne

4/9/15 - Thurs

Can you say DOMS??

Training: Abs & cardio
    6 min Arc Trainer wu
    super:
    - fitball cable crunch: 80/20 x 4
    - fitball high ab crunch: 20 x 4
    super:
    - lying leg raise: 15 x 3
    - alt side V-ups: 10 x 3
    various crunch things

30 min HIIT stepmill

20 min post-wu foam roll & stretch
    ~Jack Lalanne

That is crazy impressive stuff, considering you were doing zero upper body work for so long! The DOMS should come as no surprise after all that! Keep up the great work!
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    That is crazy impressive stuff, considering you were doing zero upper body work for so long! The DOMS should come as no surprise after all that! Keep up the great work!
    All this here! x's 2

*BIG SMILE*

It's still definitely humbling, but considering where I was about 5 weeks ago, w/ next to no pain in my right shoulder & elbows, pretty impressive. The coach also indicates 4-5 more weeks of what is probably fair to call "physical therapy", expect to be training "normal" again (aka like a bodybuilder). What I'm really liking is the variety of stuff he has me do that just adds to my "toolbox" of stuff, and particularly my "training manual for the more well-used body". Lots of rehab-ish type stuff but still hits the muscles that are supposed to be doing the work instead of the wrong ones.
    ~Jack Lalanne

*BIG SMILE*

It's still definitely humbling, but considering where I was about 5 weeks ago, w/ next to no pain in my right shoulder & elbows, pretty impressive. The coach also indicates 4-5 more weeks of what is probably fair to call "physical therapy", expect to be training "normal" again (aka like a bodybuilder). What I'm really liking is the variety of stuff he has me do that just adds to my "toolbox" of stuff, and particularly my "training manual for the more well-used body". Lots of rehab-ish type stuff but still hits the muscles that are supposed to be doing the work instead of the wrong ones.
    Glad everything is going good for you!! Your journal is awesome!!
    DON'T BE AVERAGE!!!

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast