Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    RX MEMBER

Joe, I checked your website & could not see how to subscribe to your mag in print. Is there a way? Did I miss it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    Joe, I checked your website & could not see how to subscribe to your mag in print. Is there a way? Did I miss it? Thanks.
    We don't have subscriptions available at the moment but you can order the current and past issues on the Store page. Thanks.

http://www.musclesportmag.com/store/

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pietaro View Post
    What they'll do is put out a real hardcore looking cover next month and say, "See...we haven't changed!" I can predict this as easy as I know that I will take a shit within an hour after dinner tonight.

They want to be known as the contest coverage kings (and queens, of course, as to not leave HER out), but are sending an ambiguous message with this "sex and abs" nonsense. So it may sell more than Dexter would have and they will get their trickle down money from the newsstand. But alienating your core audience and confusing a potential new one should be more valuable.

Professor X should just come out and say it - this is no longer a hardcore bodybuilding publication. That message has been sneaking out with the ever-present 'changing of the guard' that was spearheaded by the school marm as soon as she was given the keys to the bus...one that she has driven all over the globe and into the ground, mind you.

Majority of the "core audience" has left the building and as for the potential new audience, well that would be the hundreds no new breed of wanna be pros in the MPD clamoring at their chance to be "FAMOUS" ...that to me seems like the new audience.

Joe, you know as anyone else does that goes into a gym that you see more of this 11085091_1576019996013131_1892649709_n.jpg THAN THIS nowadays at the gym

YOU KNOW ITS TRUE lots and lots of young men going into the gym working out and getting fit, wanting to look like Zykk or what ever the heck his name was ..RIP but the hardcore audience is getting smaller by the year...just saying in order to make money Blechy has to do something to save his buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    Majority of the "core audience" has left the building and as for the potential new audience, well that would be the hundreds no new breed of wanna be pros in the MPD clamoring at their chance to be "FAMOUS" ...that to me seems like the new audience.

Joe, you know as anyone else does that goes into a gym that you see more of this 11085091_1576019996013131_1892649709_n.jpg THAN THIS nowadays at the gym

YOU KNOW ITS TRUE lots and lots of young men going into the gym working out and getting fit, wanting to look like Zykk or what ever the heck his name was ..RIP but the hardcore audience is getting smaller by the year...just saying in order to make money Blechy has to do something to save his buisness.
    Absolutely, there are more people that go to the gym to look like an MPD competitor over a bodybuilder, but that has always been the case. The BBers were the niche of the niche and it is magnified now because of social media.

But what Blechy is doing is actually counter productive to his business, as he is choosing to swim in a larger pool and one that is full of much better suitors. Is he going after FLEX or the Muscle & Fitness crowd with this new cover? If it's the latter, he is never going to have a chance, as M&F has gone with a celebrity-laden publication with big names and popular faces on their covers. At least if he kept his scope on FLEX, he good go toe-to-toe with them.

The same situation resides with his fitness magazine, one that cannot even compare to the top two in the industry (Men's Health and Men's Fitness) with their A-listers adorning each and every cover.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Fuck MD.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Fuck MD.
    I owe you a cold beer, pal!

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

lol

NY Pro?

OLYMPIAN

How is putting sex and abs on the cover and the same half a dozen top IFBB male bodybuilders inside the cover going to appeal to a new bigger audience?
    They have all but stopped covering amateurs in prep vids. Granted they did do one I think this year with a big off-season dude at Bevs. So the flock of wannabes are going to go there for what? Peter McGough the historian from Mt Olympus stories of old from his notes written on stone tablets? David Bayes cell phone pic of them at a big show? Check out the galleries looking for their pics if Adina's herd of merrier men can get them up in a week or two? Buy the magazine though? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post

Last edited by Musclepapa John; 03-31-2015 at 10:38 PM.

HTW

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    lol

NY Pro?
    Fly me in, I'll join you two..

OLYMPIAN

Rumor has it that they might transition to coverage of MMA along with more Sex & Abs as their ace field reporter David Baye is tuning up his ninja skills....nothing about actual coverage of the sport since the Arnold, but lots of jokes and t-minus whatever till he gets a European vaca with Adina for touring expos, selfies with celebrities and shots like this from various places his ancestors cut the cheese. pffffff
    ninja.jpg
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 04-01-2015 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post
    Rumor has it that they might transition to coverage of MMA along with more Sex & Abs as their ace field reporter David Baye is tuning up his ninja skills....nothing about actual coverage of the sport since the Arnold, but lots of jokes and t-minus whatever till he gets a European vaca with Adina for touring expos, selfies with celebrities and shots like this from various places his ancestors cut the cheese. pffffff
    ninja.jpg
    I have to hand it to him - that move he is doing will never be part of my repertoire. I'll stick to journalism and interviewing.

OLYMPIAN

Its awesome! Has nothing to do with some innovative repositioning of MD in print or online though, which is why I was busting his chops over it. I understand though, ride the wave doing the same old thing, rack up the frequent flyer miles while that lasts, keep the day job and take lots of selfies with stars. #sex&abssell

I have to hand it to him - that move he is doing will never be part of my repertoire. I'll stick to journalism and interviewing.
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 04-01-2015 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post
    Its awesome! Has nothing to do with some innovative repositioning of MD in print or online though, which is why I was busting his chops over it. I understand though, ride the wave doing the same old thing, rack up the frequent flyer miles while that lasts, keep the day job and take lots of selfies with stars. #sex&abssell
    But it wasn't a 'fair fight,' because you can't post on their forum anymore (like myself). He can talk about you without being concerned about you even defending yourself.

Here's the perfect solution and a personal invitation from me to David Baye - you two can say whatever you want to each other here or in the new MSM forum. It's only fair that you have the opportunity to refute something he says and the same goes for him.

I know that Brand X has people monitoring RX and MSM, so please pass this invite onto WisconsinBB. He always had choice words for Gregg Valentino, as well, and can confront his former co-worker one-on-one, too.

OLYMPIAN

Happy Hump day Team MD. funny-captions-4.jpg

OLYMPIAN

What refute his claims that I say inappropriate things to women I work with (75% are repeat clients BTW) or my claims his worship of the keeper of the equivalent of the bodybuilding Dead Sea Scrolls (Peter, Peter, Peter) is a bit perverse? funny_karate_cat[1].jpg

But it wasn't a 'fair fight,' because you can't post on their forum anymore (like myself). He can talk about you without being concerned about you even defending yourself.

Here's the perfect solution and a personal invitation from me to David Baye - you two can say whatever you want to each other here or in the new MSM forum. It's only fair that you have the opportunity to refute something he says and the same goes for him.

I know that Brand X has people monitoring RX and MSM, so please pass this invite onto WisconsinBB. He always had choice words for Gregg Valentino, as well, and can confront his former co-worker one-on-one, too.
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 04-01-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast