Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    RX MEMBER

The lawsuit is bizarre. It is not a competitor's job to enforce government policies. & the allegations are not proved in court. Nor is it likely that the case will go to court--that would require a serious commitment of money for legal rep. But if the charges are proven, Blackstone would be shut down & presumably face criminal charges.

Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    The lawsuit is bizarre. It is not a competitor's job to enforce government policies. & the allegations are not proved in court. Nor is it likely that the case will go to court--that would require a serious commitment of money for legal rep. But if the charges are proven, Blackstone would be shut down & presumably face criminal charges.

Blackstone sold products at the time when they were legal and ceased activity once Obama signed the bill. The lawsuit is completely without merit and doesn't even make sense to even begin with.

HifromMike is correct, the lawsuit is bizarre coming from a competitor, but he's wrong about it not going to court, because it already went to court (meaning the case was filed). Additionally, it was filed in federal court, which is taken very seriously as opposed to someone filing it it a state court forum.

I haven't looked at the case in detail nor have I had a chance to speak with Aaron or PJ about this because I've had a lot of stuff going on the past 2 weeks but, I'll try to get some more info for all those interested.

The reason why this company filed the case is really irrelevant. My best guess is someone had an axe to grind. Regardless, of it being without merit, it created 2 issues: 1) It has nuisance value, meaning it is still going to cost Blackstone money to defend 2) It shined a light on Blackstone and now they are certainly on the government radar and the government has a lot of ways to bring the hurt whether FDA, DEA or even IRS.

In the end I hope this turns out amounting to nothing, but until it does, despite the fact that it may be without merit, you don't know what collateral damage it brings.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
    The reason why this company filed the case is really irrelevant. My best guess is someone had an axe to grind.
    Good guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Nutrition Distribution, an Arizona-based company, admittedly competes with Blackstone in the supplement game. But the company says the Florida outfit's two popular items – Super DMZ 2.0 and Angel Dust – are “marketed as being natural supplements, when, in fact, they contain illegal synthetic ingredients. Blackstone's lie made them millions,” while Nutrition Distribution's “unadulterated product struggled to gain market share.” Now the company is suing Blackstone for false advertising.
    Too funny that an underperforming company would sue another company for its success.

RX MEMBER

IMHO this is a publicity ploy, unless the person who filed the suit has some personal reason to get back at the plaintiffs. The majority of lawsuits are settled out of court (in other words, the offended party gets a settlement & agrees to drop the case). What I meant was that the case will probably never go to trial. As far as blowing up in someone's face is concerned, it could happen to the person who filed the case as easily as the other way around. The entire supplement industry is walking on thin ice these days, because it is largely unregulated, but closer scrutiny could shut about almost everyone down.
    Last edited by hifrommike65; 03-29-2015 at 12:02 PM.

envy, strife, greed...in a nutshell
    Last edited by Rocky3; 03-29-2015 at 08:18 AM.

OLYMPIAN

According to the article the company is suing because, "DMZ 2.0, which launched in 2014, has two main ingredients, according to the lawsuit: dymethazine and methylsten, two illegal substances. But Blackstone has allegedly “falsely labeled their steroid as a 'nutritional supplement,' giving users the massive gains of an illegal steroid and a false sense of security.”The lawsuit continues: “Indeed, on December 13, 2014, President Obama signed into the 'Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2014,” which explicitly banned analogs of substances previously banned, including Super DMX 2.0."

Government regulators have long treated supplement manufactures as not needing regulation if they claim their ingredients are natural, which is quite often false. If the lawsuit is frivolous it will surely be thrown out of court, but where the company is found to be correct it may open the door it would seem for natty companies to push back against not only false advertising, but illegal activities of competitors both of which have a legal framework for but lax enforcement. It might seem like greed if you are selling legal stun guns and someone moves in next door selling so-called stun guns that were actually fully auto AK47s, but where the company in the right sues the company in the wrong I'm not sure that's actually greed or that the criminal activity won't be deemed actionable in court.

The Godzilla of RX

Quote Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post
    According to the article the company is suing because, "DMZ 2.0, which launched in 2014, has two main ingredients, according to the lawsuit: dymethazine and methylsten, two illegal substances. But Blackstone has allegedly “falsely labeled their steroid as a 'nutritional supplement,' giving users the massive gains of an illegal steroid and a false sense of security.”The lawsuit continues: “Indeed, on December 13, 2014, President Obama signed into the 'Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2014,” which explicitly banned analogs of substances previously banned, including Super DMX 2.0."

Government regulators have long treated supplement manufactures as not needing regulation if they claim their ingredients are natural, which is quite often false. If the lawsuit is frivolous it will surely be thrown out of court, but where the company is found to be correct it may open the door it would seem for natty companies to push back against not only false advertising, but illegal activities of competitors both of which have a legal framework for but lax enforcement. It might seem like greed if you are selling legal stun guns and someone moves in next door selling so-called stun guns that were actually fully auto AK47s, but where the company in the right sues the company in the wrong I'm not sure that's actually greed or that the criminal activity won't be deemed actionable in court.
    Whoa - hold on.

I don't see any mention of MD in that post. If you act quickly, you should be able to squeeze in an edit.
    Fill up the syringe...

OLYMPIAN

I'm inside your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Whoa - hold on.

I don't see any mention of MD in that post. If you act quickly, you should be able to squeeze in an edit.

The Godzilla of RX

I'm inside your head.
    Yes, dunce - when you post something, and I read it, you are unfortunately 'in my head'. It's, you know, the way the whole reading comprehension thing works.
    Fill up the syringe...

OLYMPIAN

Thanks for that. That all you got? No expertise on jurisprudence?

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Yes, dunce - when you post something, and I read it, you are unfortunately 'in my head'. It's, you know, the way the whole reading comprehension thing works.
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 03-30-2015 at 02:11 PM.

The Godzilla of RX

Thanks for that. That all you got? No expertise on jurisprudence?
    If I gave a shit about Blackstone Labs' pending lawsuit, I'd have waxed opinionated.
    Fill up the syringe...

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

DMX? lol Amusing typo is amusing.

Patrick Arnold stated, "dimethazine is a superdrol ketone derivative however superdrol is not a controlled substance," so -- depending on when the products were sold -- how was anything BSL did illegal? Calling their product a nutritional supplement is an ambiguous term, isn't it? It's a sports supplement they could call candy, right? Is there some law covering sports supplement terminology?

(Googles)

http://www.fda.gov/Food/DietarySupplements/

Hmm.

HTW

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    DMX? lol Amusing typo is amusing.

Patrick Arnold stated, "dimethazine is a superdrol ketone derivative however superdrol is not a controlled substance," so -- depending on when the products were sold -- how was anything BSL did illegal? Calling their product a nutritional supplement is an ambiguous term, isn't it? It's a sports supplement they could call candy, right? Is there some law covering sports supplement terminology?

(Googles)

http://www.fda.gov/Food/DietarySupplements/

Hmm.
    I'm in his head

HTW

Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    I know. But I'll train with John Meadows one day.

By the way you should listen to The First Callout... Matt Meinrod, Pulcinator (Daleware Dave) and Aaron did episode 30 and it's the best one yet! You will love it.
    Matt meinrod??? Lol you mean Christian Duques uglier twin brother ?? Rather listen to a borderline retard count to 100 than listen to one of his shows

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast