Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DBowden View Post
    For someone that thinks MD is trash, you seem to spend a lot of time posting on their board.
    Why is that Rocky?
    The lost need Jesus the most

Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    I went through Urban Dictionary for slang usages of the term "bitch." It still has a primarily negative meaning. The few positive meanings (& some were only partly positive) included a woman who orders men around, a woman who's in control, a woman who won't put up with being mistreated by men, & a general term of disrespect for anyone ("where we goin', bitches?"). But the term is still generally an insult to a woman. It would be the equivalent of putting "son of a bitch" or "bastard" on the cover for a man, & would MD do that?
    lol I did a quick google search and low and behold a meme

Quote Originally Posted by hifrommike65 View Post
    Lest Blechman's spies report to him that the cover is a success because we're talking about it on RX boards, they should also report that I have subscribed to MD since 1995, but may not renew the subscription because of this insult to women competitors. It depends on how the mag follows it up, but right now I'm on the fence.
    I would have no problem posting there myself that I love the cover and give him credit for putting DLB on it. But apparently their 'company policy' is to secretly ban their former employees so that they think their posts are going up. The same story for me and MPJ.

When you pick and choose who and what is on your so-called "No Bull" open forum, being taken seriously becomes a joke and people see right through it.

Ronda vs DLB...who wins?
    Attached Images Attached Images

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    Not sure why she has not graced the covers of any existing mags yet but am sure her day will come but I SUSPECT its cause she is not the "SUPERSTAR" of the fitness industry and does not have the following DLB has that would help "SELL" magazines off the shelves.

I approve of this logic

She ain't the "BADDEST BITCH IN THE GYM" (what every woman should aspire to?) either according to the new cover
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 04-20-2015 at 12:56 PM.

OLYMPIAN

Credit to Team MD for as Blechman put in his Editor's Letter "to light a fire under your ass." We all need fuel and their lack of answering my directed multi-requested emails as to why show photos I provided weren't going up and for claiming I was a traitor to Team MD more interested in kissing Manion ass and then Bayes claim I'm a pervert photographer ALL SERVE AS FUEL
    They know how to light a fire

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pietaro View Post
    I would have no problem posting there myself that I love the cover and give him credit for putting DLB on it. But apparently their 'company policy' is to secretly ban their former employees so that they think their posts are going up. The same story for me and MPJ.

When you pick and choose who and what is on your so-called "No Bull" open forum, being taken seriously becomes a joke and people see right through it.
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 04-20-2015 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post
    I approve of this logic

She ain't the "BADDEST BITCH IN THE GYM" (what every woman should aspire to?) either according to the new cover
    you and I, along with a lot of others folks in the buisness of building ones body knows all too well that there are plenty of "bad bitches" that workout and they all work hard in obtaining the body they desire and just cause you dont make it on a cover of a mag does not mean you aint no #Badmammajamma and JM is certainly one fine BADMAMMAJAMMA

Credit to Team MD for as Blechman put in his Editor's Letter "to light a fire under your ass." We all need fuel and their lack of answering my directed multi-requested emails as to why show photos I provided weren't going up and for claiming I was a traitor to Team MD more interested in kissing Manion ass and then Bayes claim I'm a pervert photographer ALL SERVE AS FUEL

Based on your knowledge and experience, do you think the cover was shopped? Her shoulders look a lot wider than what they do in real life, and her face is a lot longer than normal...did they enhanced her figure and face some?

Quote Originally Posted by lil mama View Post
    you and I, along with a lot of others folks in the buisness of building ones body knows all too well that there are plenty of "bad bitches" that workout and they all work hard in obtaining the body they desire and just cause you dont make it on a cover of a mag does not mean you aint no #Badmammajamma and JM is certainly one fine BADMAMMAJAMMA
    Agree!
    I believe it was CarrieAnnSimmons who posted in a thread here, "I'd throat punch a baby to look like JM!"
    If I could wake up looking like either DLB or JM, given the choice, I'd prefer to wake up looking like JM. I wouldn't mind being able to lift like her too.
    Last edited by Sunnyday; 04-20-2015 at 02:20 PM.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

glad to see her on the cover but MD is about a year and a half to late to ride the train.....inb4 the shredz team make the cover

bitch also isn't a bad word, it's how you interpret it....says more about you than them

Ahhh, yes...MPJ. I once again agree wholeheartedly with you on this. Blechy has a way of lighting certain folks' respective fires and he has done so with you and I, as well as others including Gregg Valentino.

That man ignited said fire under my guinea ass that has made me wake up every morning with a two-pronged reason for success: to of course earn a living and - at the same time - defeat one of my direct competitors.

His magazine gets worse with every issue (aside from the DLB cover) and mine has grown considerably since he fired my ass. The issue that I am putting together right now is going to be better than the last one, and that Lee Priest cover has garnered a fuckload of attention.

Game on...

OLYMPIAN

Interestingly DLB broke the news today on Facebook with the essentially the identical words from the printed page. Not sure is actually her posting or an employee though really. To use the same words as used in the magazine is something PR personnel are trained to do.
    Its not actually the largest bodybuilding magazine either, which sounds like one of Blechman's usual pitches with his unverifiable private numbers.

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 5.18.09 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 04-20-2015 at 05:24 PM.

OLYMPIAN

Interestingly, then Valerie Garcia-Giovanoli Ifbb Pro corrected DLB's written word in the magazine about the history of women in the magazine, with "Dana Linn Bailey not sure where this McClish stat came from , but it's incorrect... MANY more women with muscle (and more muscle than McClish) made the cover after 96, including Shelley Beattie, Teresa Hessler, Shonna McCarver, Rena Mero... and Justine Monro was just on May's cover and has twice the amount of muscle McClish had!
    Sooooooo happy you are on the cover of this and many other mags, you deserve it. BUT, you gotta straighten out the history of female muscle as you are the LEAD WOMAN now (Photo of Shonna McCarver's 1999 cover)"

How can it be that such a statement "if untrue" about the history of women on the cover could get thru the editing/fact checking process? They have Steve Blechman Editor-in-chief, Peter McGough Senior editor and Ron Harris wrote the story. Will they do a correction in next month's issue?
    Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 5.24.41 PM.jpg

Interestingly DLB broke the news today on Facebook with the essentially the identical words from the printed page. Not sure is actually her posting or an employee though really. To use the same words as used in the magazine is something PR personnel are trained to do.
    Its not actually the largest bodybuilding magazine either, which sounds like one of Blechman's usual pitches with his unverifiable private numbers.

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 5.18.09 PM.jpg

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gotti View Post
    glad to see her on the cover but MD is about a year and a half to late to ride the train.....inb4 the shredz team make the cover

NIGGA also isn't a bad word, it's how you interpret it....says more about you than them
    Fixed

How can it be that such a statement "if untrue" about the history of women on the cover could get thru the editing/fact checking process? They have Steve Blechman Editor-in-chief, Peter McGough Senior editor and Ron Harris wrote the story. Will they do a correction in next month's issue?
    Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 5.24.41 PM.jpg
    Waaaaaaait a minute - Blechy made the McCLish 1996 statement in his ed's letter, too? And was that since proven-untrue factoid in the cover feature? Please tell me that is accurate. What's even funnier about this to me is that he was bragging about the 2014 bikini girl MD cover about it being the best seller of the year. If so, how can one totally forget about it?

He also fucked up the number of FitnessRX For Men covers that Gregg Plitt was on in his commemorative issue.

Nice job! And any and all errors in a magazine are ultimately the responsibility of the Editor-in-Chief, who is...Blechy! Peter would not have seen this until it was in the magazine itself and even if Ron did write the story (?), fact checking falls back onto the EIC - even after the copy editor signs off on an article.

So those are two glaring fuck ups; they are facts from your own publications, for Christ's sake! Have a little more pride in your own product, Blech.
    Last edited by Joe Pietaro; 04-20-2015 at 05:56 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast