Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    I agree but its almost like you cant rock the boat for fear that it may affect your contest placing.
    This sort of stuff should come from the federation itself as part of its existence. I guess if it was my baby, I'd want that sort of enthusiasm, inclusion and passion for it.
    Last edited by sassy69; 05-19-2015 at 02:41 PM.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    This sort of stuff should come from the federation itself as part of its existence. I guess if it was my baby, I'd want that sort of enthusiasm, inclusion and passion for it.
    There should be some sort of way to make suggestions to the federation. I think sometimes that the "higher" ups may not see or know what issues or concerns some athletes have. I hope they would care but sometimes when money is flowing in, you may not see the need to tweek some things

I will say that Dave's shows are great! When Joe and Greg were on that was classic!! You guys should do a weekly show IMO.
    Thanks, BMC. I would love that. Hopefully that can happen.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post
    Illogical argument that doesn't address the issue.
    State it 50 other ways if you like. Doesn't matter to me.
    BTW I could string a bunch of your posts together as if they were one as you did here and call it a wall of text nobody likes. If you don't have an opinion about the content then why would I though? Do you have an opinion on the topic?
    Says it doesn't matter to him.

Replies to post two times.

Fwiw, MPJ, this sums up my opinion on the topic...

When I think of the things the NPC could do if it puts it's mind to it ... could make the sport so much better, better coverage, more consistency in judging criteria, etc. But ... oh well.
    I enjoy your posts, honestly. Just want a god damn paragraph or five inserted randomly. :-)

I will say that Dave's shows are great! When Joe and Greg were on that was classic!! You guys should do a weekly show IMO.
    This!

My motivations for this thread: They are many, but a few include;
    -Thumbing my nose at numerous sites including this one that came to Florida in years past and took marketshare from me that I adapted to and now these same sites have disappeared from the market. (snip)
    Keep adapting. Competition will always be there, so don't shake your fists at the sky over The Other Guy taking your marketshare.

And you just go ahead and keep on thumbing your nose at sites and people in the industry. lol I'm sure that strategy will work.

Have you answered this question? Were you fired by MD or did you simply overreact the one day to Adina? Took your ball (or camera) and went home when you could have continued a working relationship to the benefit of yourself, MD, and the competitors? Has that been incredibly satisfying?

I'm guessing not. It's called sour grapes, isn't it? If you didn't walk away from MD then who did Adina replace you with?

OLYMPIAN

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I don't think that any one of them gives a rat's ass, but good luck in your crusade.
    Its not a crusade and I'm not talking about people the stature of the Commander and Chief or even a local city council member. I'm talking about people supposedly covering the sport that focus on a couple of top pros and claim they cover bodybuilding. They don't and don't get me wrong its to my advantage on the local regional level. Consider it taunting not a crusade.

OLYMPIAN

Agreed on all counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pietaro View Post
    But at least you were and still are thinking ahead and trying to be progressive with your product. And Palumbo is doing the same by providing a different outlet with his TV shows, something that is unique and really cool with the studio setting.

When I was doing the GEAR TV shows, it was a cool setting and was fun to do. We were going to begin getting pro sports athletes either in studio or on via Skype when they stopped doing the show altogether.

It's not always thinking out of the box, but rather doing something within the box that the others are not seeing the value in doing. And then when you succeed, it's even sweeter.

Its not a crusade and I'm not talking about people the stature of the Commander and Chief or even a local city council member. I'm talking about people supposedly covering the sport that focus on a couple of top pros and claim they cover bodybuilding. They don't and don't get me wrong its to my advantage on the local regional level. Consider it taunting not a crusade.
    They care.

OLYMPIAN

In the digital era the local ain't really all that local anymore.
    Promoters aren't equipped to provide photo reports although in Florida they are increasingly through the district chairman having all placings prepared on Excel sheets and are available to NPC News Online. As I do numerous show promoters websites in Florida I'll begin placing all those scores on their websites this year along with photo reports for them as I've been doing for each show this year. As a confederacy of show promotions I like what you are suggesting as the next step with NPC News being the point of convergence for highlighting the shows and talent as they see fit.
    As with that example for various shows I cover I can provide the same sort of coverage the big box sites do as with Bob interviewing Tim at the Riptide last weekend for NPC News:

It would be cool if NPC mandated a summary of each of the shows - small to large - and the promoter holding the NPC endorsement for each show is responsible to deliver it as part of their contract. Imagine if there was actually enthusiasm about delivering that piece and competition amongs said promoters to produce a good writeup and photos of highlights.

There's no way large forums or internet outlets are going to cover every show, particularly the smaller local shows. There may be some local coverage in those communities but that's about it. Even at a state level of there was some summary of shows it would be cool. The NPC magazine does some that I've liked in the past, but despite having held an NPC card for about 2/3 of the last 15 years, I've probably only received 3 of their publications.

OLYMPIAN

Get over your relevance to the industry Curt. Your sniping at me when I'm not addressing you about a company I once contracted with means what? I've got contract work with Infinite Labs and Human Evolution Supplements, Shoot about thirty shows a year and do a boat load of paid photo shoots. Your part time running this forum in the ground and sniping at me adds nothing to this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Keep adapting. Competition will always be there, so don't shake your fists at the sky over The Other Guy taking your marketshare.

And you just go ahead and keep on thumbing your nose at sites and people in the industry. lol I'm sure that strategy will work.

Have you answered this question? Were you fired by MD or did you simply overreact the one day to Adina? Took your ball (or camera) and went home when you could have continued a working relationship to the benefit of yourself, MD, and the competitors? Has that been incredibly satisfying?

I'm guessing not. It's called sour grapes, isn't it? If you didn't walk away from MD then who did Adina replace you with?

In the digital era the local ain't really all that local anymore.
    Promoters aren't equipped to provide photo reports although in Florida they are increasingly through the district chairman having all placings prepared on Excel sheets and are available to NPC News Online. As I do numerous show promoters websites in Florida I'll begin placing all those scores on their websites this year along with photo reports for them as I've been doing for each show this year. As a confederacy of show promotions I like what you are suggesting as the next step with NPC News being the point of convergence for highlighting the shows and talent as they see fit.
    As with that example for various shows I cover I can provide the same sort of coverage the big box sites do as with Bob interviewing Tim at the Riptide last weekend for NPC News:
    All of my best competition experiences have been the result of a really engaged & dedicated promoter or local community people. Unfortunately that gets limited to their time & energy, and the specific group of trainers / gyms / shows that are associated. It would be nice if that sort of structure was in place at the top level to reduce the very regionally 'owned' communities - I guess just the disparity from region to region in terms of consistency of judging, how many different promoters are involved, how organized each state's NPC chair or promoter's organization is, etc. All of that makes the steps up to the national / pro level so "isolated" from a "I'd like to be hooked into the whole sport" as a competitor and an engaged fan standpoint.

On those same lines, going forward with the hundreds of competitors at the regional shows these days, I really wonder if there is ever going to be a more structured, tiered framework put in place to take some of the stress off of some of these shows to "earn" your way up the ladder. I know Florida had some amount of tiering where some shows were national qualifiers, some weren't. Whereas other states like Georgia where even the smallest podunk show is a national qualifier.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Get over your relevance to the industry Curt. Your sniping at me when I'm not addressing you about a company I once contracted with means what? I've got contract work with Infinite Labs and Human Evolution Supplements, Shoot about thirty shows a year and do a boat load of paid photo shoots. Your part time running this forum in the ground and sniping at me adds nothing to this discussion.
    Not sniping. Asked a question. One which you don't seem to be willing to answer. You cut your nose off to spite your face with Adina, didn't you? lol

While others were fired by MD, you reportedly shot yourself in the foot. Nice work. Or do I have that wrong?

And I've never claimed any relevance whatsoever to bodybuilding. Whenever I've identified myself at all it's simply as a fan who lifts (pink dumbbells count).

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Not sniping. Asked a question. One which you don't seem to be willing to answer. You cut your nose off to spite your face with Adina, didn't you? lol

While others were fired by MD, you reportedly shot yourself in the foot. Nice work. Or do I have that wrong?

And I've never claimed any relevance whatsoever to bodybuilding. Whenever I've identified myself at all it's simply as a fan who lifts (pink dumbbells count).
    It's a no-win situation with Adina and if I had to be under her command, I would have told her to fuck herself and walked, as well. I have been getting contacted by more than a handful of people that have read my posts about her and they have reached out to me expressing the same sentiment. Now they are going to be doing work with my magazine.

The only people that don't hate her are the ones that she brought in and they have no choice but to show allegiance to her. And she is not exactly going after the top tier people, either, that will be wooed by another company.

I have to give her credit for that, at least. Cunning, to say the least.

OLYMPIAN

Conversely is it the job of the sanctioning body to create network television quality promotion of the sport? The NFL, NBA etc sell the rights to networks to cover them. From my vantage point there is a HUGE opportunity with tons of stories to be told and profited from if some talented producers could find a way to leverage the opportunities. I think the industry needs more Rob Baileys interested in more than promoting his wife and instead promoting lots of athletes and events. A dozen guys of that creative caliber and some mainstream production talent the sort that put Generation Iron together and we'd see some gainz

When I think of the things the NPC could do if it puts it's mind to it ... could make the sport so much better, better coverage, more consistency in judging criteria, etc. But ... oh well.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast