Default Why MD Is the #1 Multimedia Destination in Bodybuilding!

15MD-MULTIMEDIA-NUMBER1.jpg
    They're back at it again - the regrouping "we're still the best" article. Remember the "we still print 12 issues a year" one? Yeah, that was directed towards FLEX since they had stopped printing every month...but their page count didn't go down 40 pages in six months. You see, when you boast about something, make sure that there isn't a glaring weakness as a result of said boast.

Here are some 'highlights" from their latest diatribe:

Why MD Is the #1 Multimedia Destination in Bodybuilding!

Multimedia

Keeping up with technology, MD has evolved into far more than a print magazine. The websitehttp://www.musculardevelopment.com has become the one-stop destination for the best live contest coverage (including live play-by-play, photos and videos from the stage), training and lifestyle videos, discussion forums and podcasts. Three years ago, Dan Solomon brought his acclaimed Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Internet radio show to MD, bolstering Shawn Ray’s MD Radio. Each week, listeners are treated to interviews with the top athletes, officials and gurus of the sport.

MD is putting all of their chips on contest coverage and trying to be the best media outlet out there doing it. But they lack in so many areas that it has become a parody of itself. Where shall I start? The ridiculous play-by-play for bodybuilding (which I feel is the most asinine thing that has ever been done, but that's just me). Merely posting photos as fast as you can (multiple memory cards and a runner can get that accomplished) and letting the forum members debate whose "glutes are more striated" is a much better way to go and invites more visits/views than not one, but TWO of your employees putting their two cents in. They can do that as a recap if you really feel it is worth it.

With that said, if they have Peter McGough, Shawn Ray or Dan Solomon doing it, at least there is some credibility to point to. But Adina and David Baye when you have those other names on the payroll? Not a smart decision from the "front office." And please stop having two people do the play-by-play and not communicate with one another about what they are posting. It looks retarded to see basically the same post twice or even worse when Ray says this guy's back looks like shit and Baye is praising it.

If someone is dedicated enough to follow a play-by-play like this, they can wait the extra 30 seconds for the posts. They're not 'channel surfing,' so you don't have to beat Dave Palumbo to the punch. The RX people will be on that site, not yours. And speaking of Palumbo, his play-by-play trumps anyone's at MD.

Perfect segue to their photos and videos, which are also way behind RX Muscle's, for that matter. Don't believe it? Compare them and get back to me. And once again when you have guys like Solomon and Ray as part of your team - especially since you keep plastering their names out there - then why would you have a totally inexperienced non-journalist like Baye doing video interviews? And stop with the fuckin' midget already, too.

No Bull!

It’s not just the amazing talent pool that makes up Team MD that sets it apart and raises it to another level— it's the “No Bull” attitude and commitment to show the sport of bodybuilding as it really is, and to give you all the information you want and need to be your best. Our team of researchers and experts leads the industry on the subjects of muscle growth, bodybuilding science, nutrition, supplementation, testosterone and other performance-enhancing drugs. With all this information at your disposal, you can take your own physique to its absolute limit.

They have not had that attitude since Robbie Durand left. Sure, they can keep trying to say that they do, but the people that have been longtime readers of the magazine and forum members have noticed the difference and stated as much. When MD was the 'bad boys' of the industry during the Dave and John era, "No Bull" was more than just a line; it was a statement. But it's so watered down now that it sounds silly to keep touting it out there like your old military medals.

And their video placing the blame on food for the bodybuilders' extended guts ("It's not drugs," infamously stated by Bob Cicherillo) proves once again that MD will toe the company line - with the exception of Shawn Ray, who had the balls to go right after Bob Chick on their forum for saying that and not the obvious answers - insulin and GH.

You lose all credibility with anyone who has figured out that Santa Claus is really Mom and Dad with the 'mass consumption of food' nonsense.

The Best Keeps Getting Better

Thanks to Steve Blechman’s undying commitment to constantly improving MD and taking it to ever higher levels of excellence, you can look forward to MD not only remaining the best magazine and website in the bodybuilding industry for many years to come, but for it to continually step up its game to assure there’s nowhere else you need to go. We’ve got you covered!

Bow to the king! Blechy has to always make sure that he is the crescendo in everything that is an in house-written false praise. He has always wanted to be the next Joe Weider but will continue to fall short. He was at his best when he took a back seat to Dave and John and allowed them to make the magazine and website the success that it was.
    Last edited by Joe Pietaro; 05-20-2015 at 05:38 PM.

The Godzilla of RX

Well, to be fair it's been about a week since the last Pietaro/MPJ MD lustfest.

I'm sure your forum-balls are blue no longer.
    Fill up the syringe...

TEAM CUTLER, Chem Forum Leader Sandpig's Avatar

I agree, MD was at it's best when Dave ran the website and John the magazine.
    CutlerAthletics.com

CutlerNutrition.com

MuscleSport Magazine -- Managing Editor GREGG VALENTINO's Avatar

I WILL GET INTO IT LATER BUT LET ME JUST SAY WHEN DAVE & JOHN WERE THERE SHIT WAS FUN,, I LOVED ROBBIE DURAND AS WELL.....IT HAS NEVER EVER BEEN THE SAME SINCE!!...GIVE STEVE A FEW GLASSES OF WINE AND HE WILL ADMIT IT TOO!!!!.....ADINA AND HER CRONIES HAVE SUNK THAT SHIP BADLY,, YES STEVE ADMITS IT PRIVATELY BUT BLAMES THAT JERK-WADD SEAN ANDROS FOR THE DROP IN MEMBERSHIP / SALES ect....HEY LISTEN ITS HIS MAGAZINE AND HE CAN WRITE ALL THE ARTICLES HE WANTS ABOUT HOW MD IS NUMBER ONE BUT THE FANS LAUGH AT THAT!!!!....WE AT MSM ARE GROWING BY THE DAY AND WE AARRE PROUD TO TEAM UP WITH RX MUSCLE.....DAVE PALUMBO IS A FANTASTIC GUY AND AN ASSET TO THE SPORT,,,, AND I LOVE HIS CREW > AMANDA DAVE'S BEST ASSET & SECRET WEAPON ,, JOHNNY STYLES MVP,,, SADEK IS AWESOME!!!!!......EVEN YOU GUYS ON HERE!!!..I LOVE YOUR LOYALTY TO DAVE, I SEE IT ,,,TRUST ME I DO!!!!......I WISH I JOE & I HAD DAVES TEAM,,,,I LO VE DAVE, HE HAS BEEN VERY VERY VERY GOOD TO ME!!!!....ANYWAY I WILL BE BACK LATER,,I'M SHOT!!!!!

Rx Muscle Radio Programming Guru and Video Editing Director

Gregg has spoken!

Here's how I "blow" my company instead of having a copy editor put together some nonsense that everyone knows is total horse shit. I'll put this line-up up against Blechy's any day of the fuckin' week...and how it will transcend online.

Last edited by Joe Pietaro; 05-21-2015 at 05:36 PM.