Results 1 to 14 of 14
Thread: New female
05-28-2015, 06:09 AM #1
Hi Im mel I'm new to this board, I'm 27 years old. I've been on many other boards too I hope to learn something here as well. I've been training for 3 years. I' started off with weight loss than worked my way up to bodybuilding. I'm pretty hard core with my training. I train 5 days . I've run cycles and currently running 25mg turanabol ed + 100mg npp ew for 10 weeks.
I can tell you guys that I'm currently working on strength ATM so my sets are quite short. For each workout I'tll be between 2-3 sets + 3-4 repetitions each. Once I've managed my strength I will begin to break down my workouts quite a lot.
I'm also at that stage where I'm adding that extra body fat so their is quite a bit of more work needed.
Once again if you have anything you'd like to share with me I would really appreciate that . So this is what my routine looks like
Day 1 = Back
-upper back: reverse barbell rows
-single arm rowing
-seated cable rowing
-bent over bbl rows
-close grip pull down
-pull down behind neck
Day 2 = Chest
-plain bench barbell press
-incline bench dumbbell press
-incline bench barbell press
-decline bench barbell press
-incline bench dumbbell flies
-plain bench dumbbell flies
-decline press dumbell press
Day 3 = Shoulders
-single hand dumbbell front raise
-single hand lateral raise
-Smith machine shoulder raise
-incline lateral raise
-dumbbell front raise
-alternate deltoid raise
-dumbbell shoulder press
-barbell shoulder press
-incline shoulder press
-Smith machine back shrugs
Day 4 = Same as day 2
Day 5 = Legs
-Smith machine squats
-hammer strentgh leg Press
I eat every 2-3 hours and drink plenty of water
-1 scoop whey protein isolate
-1 can tuna + 1000mg flaxseed oil capsules/ incorporate fruits and vegetables
- 2 6 oz chicken breast or whole wheat high fibre pasta + 1000mg flax seed oil capsules
- 1-2 scoops of protein shake and 3 fibre one bars ground into a paste and mixed with skim milk
-8 oz steak cooked in olive oil or a canola oil alternative + 1 large portion of broccoli or cauliflower alternated with 1 large salad
-1-2 scoops of casein protein + 1000mg flax seed oil capsules
05-28-2015, 07:48 AM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2014
- Rep Power
Welcome. So what are you future goals? Bodybuilding comps? Power/Oly lifting? A stellar physique? General well being?
Please share your side effects with your supplements if it doesn't make you uncomfortable. I am curious.
05-28-2015, 08:19 AM #3
Hi thanks definitely not competing lol mainly for well being started a while back and just going from their.
Is this info for yourself? sorry not sure who I'm speaking with. Thanks mel
05-28-2015, 09:19 AM #4
Welcome to RX! Glad to have you aboard!
Nice looking routine there! Good hardcore stuff. What time of the day do you usually train?
05-28-2015, 10:28 AM #5
Hi sunny thanks for the reply
I love training early mornings fasted .I'm very used to that routine. I used to train late nights aswell but I do seem to change around my routine when I must.
What about yourself is that you in your avi? U look great BTW
05-28-2015, 12:05 PM #6
- Join Date
- Feb 2009
- Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA
- Rep Power
05-28-2015, 02:49 PM #7
Welcome to RX!
I had some questions for you:
- you called out that you're doing short reps - so yes, it looks like you're doing a lot of exercises - I'm curious what your overall volume is, given the number of exercises? Are you seeing good gains in strength from that rep/set schedule? Do you do any deload phase / how long have you been doing this particular schedule?
- I didn't add up your macros / cals but curious if you said you're lifting fasted in the morning (omg i would die if I did that .. I get violently hungry the minute I start moving around in the morning...) is your meal 1 the first meal post-workout? If yes, have you considered putting some carbs in there as PWO tends to be the optimal time to refeed glycogen?
- The only real carbs I see in your current diet are from the pasta in Meal 3 - how much & is it enough? Also curious if you're getting any bloat given your biggest carb source is a gluten source? (No I'm not a gluten-free nut - just have been dieting for decades and I find I get more & more sensitive to things as I strip down my diet more & more.)
- Personally, I'm always going to recommend staying away from "protein-bar" sources of carbs / protein - why do you choose to do the Fiber 1 bars?
Otherwise - definitely looks like you've got some goals in mind and going after them w/ a vengeance! Are you getting the results you want from this current protocol? What do you have in mind for the next variation / do you switch it up on a particular schedule?
05-28-2015, 08:09 PM #8
Hi sass thanks for the reply. I am doing all these exercises and I've only been doing It for a short time. Its only now cos I'm on cycle I'm trying to gain strength. I'm seeing changes I'm getting lean and building mass but it takes time. I noticed that I was over training and not eating enough so now it's so hard I'm trying to squeeze as much food as I can to put on that extra body fat. The meal routine I put up is always different I change it around depending on my workouts. After my workouts I usually have a protein shake than eat straight after.
Yes I do switch up my routine every few weeks .Im working on putting on some mass and getting lean ATM
05-28-2015, 11:09 PM #9
- Join Date
- Apr 2015
- Rep Power
Welcome to RX.Mel149.
05-28-2015, 11:44 PM #10
I'm right there with Sassy in that I am famished first thing. I've been eating the same oats/eggs pancake since 2011 and I think my body would go into shock if I changed up my first meal, LOL!
Now I do have several friends who train fasted and love it, so if it works and you're loving it, then keep doing it. I think it's interesting that our bodies are all so different and what works well for some doesn't work at all for others.
Last edited by Sunnyday; 05-28-2015 at 11:45 PM.
05-29-2015, 01:33 AM #11
Yep - I have a friend who THRIVES at 4 am, trains fasted and just LOVES it. I do pretty much every thing I can to stay in bed as long as I can. When it comes to competition time and I gotta do 5 am cardio, I have to change up my routine to get in bed by drop-down-dead 10 pm and mentally threaten myself w/ "If you don't do someone else on stage is going to do it and kick your ass on show day", pretty much every morning. I have no idea how you guys do it, but if it rocks your world, gofurit!
05-29-2015, 06:48 AM #12
Thanks ladies I really appreciate your support!!
Id love to stick around more to get to know you girls alot more and can't wait to see what you girls can teach me!
I'm quite young so I still have heaps to learn.
05-29-2015, 07:05 PM #13
05-29-2015, 10:38 PM #14