Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SARMS - Convince me either way

I have been lifting seriously for about 5 years, I have competed completely WADA natural in Figure in both NPC and INBA (natural federation) with very decent results. At my last INBA competition I was the most muscular on stage, to the point my coach has suggested considering Natural WP. I am 42 years old, so I feel I am fighting an uphill battle against Father Time.

I have no intention to inject myself, and I don't want to suffer any virilization, which is why I have been staying away from steroids. I hear SARMs are supposed to be like very mild steroids, not as much anabolic effect, but no side effects either. They are quite expensive, but I think I can afford them with some planning. I don't know if the results stick or not. I also hear some of them taste really horrid.

So I'd like to hear from both sides, lovers and haters of SARMs: convince me either way.

I should add that should I choose to use SARMs I have no intention to try to cheat the system and compete in Natural federations. In case this wasn't clear. That's not the kind of person I am.

RX MEMBER

Not so sure SARMs will be the answer for you. You say you want to avoid virilization. It's true that at therapeutic doses using SARMs won't lead to virilization but bodybuilders take much larger doses than what has been studied in clinical trials. Side effects simply can't be ruled out. No one can promise you a free lunch with SARMs at higher doses.

Also you say you won't be competing in 'natural' contests any more if you take SARMs. In which case you will find yourself competing against women who are willing to use real gear and they will probably have an advantage over you. Possibly a huge advantage depending on which class/division you want to compete in.

And there aren't many logs out there anyway about women who have tried SARMs, especially not the newest ones. LGD-4033 is probably the strongest one available right now but I can't find any reliable detailed information by a female who has actually run the compound. You would essentially be breaking new ground if you went that route.

Also, be aware that SARMs can be faked. They are expensive compounds to make and a shady supplier could easily substitute something cheaper. What you buy thinking is a SARM could actually be some weird prohormone that is entirely unsuitable for women.

I say all this in an overabundance of caution and with the disclaimer that "your mileage may vary." If you want to go this route then I would say Ostarine should be the SARM you try first at no more than 12.5mg per day. Ostarine has been around a while and there are logs by women that you can google for to get an idea of what to expect.

You should also look at MK-677 which is an oral GH secretagogue. It should compliment any SARM nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardBoen View Post
    Not so sure SARMs will be the answer for you. You say you want to avoid virilization. It's true that at therapeutic doses using SARMs won't lead to virilization but bodybuilders take much larger doses than what has been studied in clinical trials. Side effects simply can't be ruled out. No one can promise you a free lunch with SARMs at higher doses.

Also you say you won't be competing in 'natural' contests any more if you take SARMs. In which case you will find yourself competing against women who are willing to use real gear and they will probably have an advantage over you. Possibly a huge advantage depending on which class/division you want to compete in.

And there aren't many logs out there anyway about women who have tried SARMs, especially not the newest ones. LGD-4033 is probably the strongest one available right now but I can't find any reliable detailed information by a female who has actually run the compound. You would essentially be breaking new ground if you went that route.

Also, be aware that SARMs can be faked. They are expensive compounds to make and a shady supplier could easily substitute something cheaper. What you buy thinking is a SARM could actually be some weird prohormone that is entirely unsuitable for women.

I say all this in an overabundance of caution and with the disclaimer that "your mileage may vary." If you want to go this route then I would say Ostarine should be the SARM you try first at no more than 12.5mg per day. Ostarine has been around a while and there are logs by women that you can google for to get an idea of what to expect.

You should also look at MK-677 which is an oral GH secretagogue. It should compliment any SARM nicely.
    Those are very interesting points I hadn't thought about. Thank you so much for this.

RX MEMBER

Im a 26 yr old female- ive actually taken sarms as i did not want to go the steroid route. I took ostarine (12.5mg) and cardarine (20mg) I noticed serious strength gains. Went from pushing 40's on an incline db chest press to 60's fro 3. to date that has been my max. I took sarms for 8 weeks. no side effects and I ordered from one of the more reputable sites sarms1. They do taste god awful but after the first batch its not so bad. Best bet is to take the dropper straight, chase it with some water than chew some gum. cardarine is kinda pink and chunky where osta looks a bit more like lysterine. I would recomend for strength gains- might help with cutting if your diet is on point but mine was not. Dylan Gemeli highlights alot of good points on evolutionary.com. check them out for more info. hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by femmefitness View Post
    Im a 26 yr old female- ive actually taken sarms as i did not want to go the steroid route. I took ostarine (12.5mg) and cardarine (20mg) I noticed serious strength gains. Went from pushing 40's on an incline db chest press to 60's fro 3. to date that has been my max. I took sarms for 8 weeks. no side effects and I ordered from one of the more reputable sites sarms1. They do taste god awful but after the first batch its not so bad. Best bet is to take the dropper straight, chase it with some water than chew some gum. cardarine is kinda pink and chunky where osta looks a bit more like lysterine. I would recomend for strength gains- might help with cutting if your diet is on point but mine was not. Dylan Gemeli highlights alot of good points on evolutionary.com. check them out for more info. hope that helps!
    Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to this thread, I really appreciated hearing about your experience. Did you notice any body composition changes in addition to strength gains?

RX MEMBER

what does the acronym stand for?

RX MEMBER

SARM = Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator. It's a class of drugs being developed to have the same kinds of benefits as anabolic steroids but be much more selective in their action, meaning fewer undesirable side effects.

SARMs are still relatively early in the development stage. Anything you can buy right now would be considered a 'first-generation' SARM.

RX MEMBER

im assuming this is something you get underground

Quote Originally Posted by urstrulyhb View Post
    im assuming this is something you get underground
    Actually, and please feel free to correct me, my understanding is that they are sold legally "for testing purposes only" or something like that.
    Oh and I forgot to mention that yes, legality is also a concern for me, I have too much to lose to have the Feds knock at my door if you know what I mean. Call me a sissy if you want

RX MEMBER

They sellers call them 'research chemicals' and label them as 'not for human consumption' which is supposed to provide a legal cover. In practice it just doesn't work. The Feds won't ever knock on your door but they are starting to go after the suppliers.

http://www.justice.gov/usao-wdpa/pr/...ptides-and-hgh

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/CriminalInvestigations/ucm318452.htm

http://www.justice.gov/usao-md/pr/ow...sbranded-drugs

So while SARMs and peptides are pretty easy to get right now, they won't be for long. And once again, I doubt they go after any of the customers unless those customers were buying in sufficient quantity to be dealers themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardBoen View Post
    They sellers call them 'research chemicals' and label them as 'not for human consumption' which is supposed to provide a legal cover. In practice it just doesn't work. The Feds won't ever knock on your door but they are starting to go after the suppliers.

http://www.justice.gov/usao-wdpa/pr/...ptides-and-hgh

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/CriminalInvestigations/ucm318452.htm

http://www.justice.gov/usao-md/pr/ow...sbranded-drugs

So while SARMs and peptides are pretty easy to get right now, they won't be for long. And once again, I doubt they go after any of the customers unless those customers were buying in sufficient quantity to be dealers themselves.
    Not to get into political rants but... don't they have anything better to do? Like, you know... go after murderers, gangsters, child predators... but what do I know, right?

RX MEMBER

HI,
    SARMS are very new - especially in women but they have been used for years in other countries on cancer patients and the elderly to help retard muscle loss. I just started on Ostarine 10 mg. and LDG 4033 .50 ml three weeks ago and I am seeing very good strength increases with each workout. I am going to do an 8 week cycle and then I'll see how it goes. So far weight is up 5 lbs. but not body fat - I'm not cutting yet so for now I can handle that. (I don't like to see the scale go up). The taste is truly god - awful but it can be taken with juice or water immediately after. No other side effects that I can see at this time. I'm 52 so I'm looking for some help without going too extreme.
    Hope that helps. I will keep you posted on my development - Also - Dylan Gemeli is extremely knowledgeable and helpful - I would recommend you look him up.

Quote Originally Posted by ei70801 View Post
    HI,
    SARMS are very new - especially in women but they have been used for years in other countries on cancer patients and the elderly to help retard muscle loss. I just started on Ostarine 10 mg. and LDG 4033 .50 ml three weeks ago and I am seeing very good strength increases with each workout. I am going to do an 8 week cycle and then I'll see how it goes. So far weight is up 5 lbs. but not body fat - I'm not cutting yet so for now I can handle that. (I don't like to see the scale go up). The taste is truly god - awful but it can be taken with juice or water immediately after. No other side effects that I can see at this time. I'm 52 so I'm looking for some help without going too extreme.
    Hope that helps. I will keep you posted on my development - Also - Dylan Gemeli is extremely knowledgeable and helpful - I would recommend you look him up.
    I don't meant to put you on the spot or anything, but if at the end of your cycle you would come back and let us know how it went, I for one would be really thankful.

OLYMPIAN

arms are a great alternative to gear, i have done some research and talked many gurus about arms. i have experience with a few specific sarms from EA and they are definitely underrated
    EnhancedAthlete.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast