Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HARDCOREB View Post
    Work for gnc but have opted to use Animal Pak for the last two year over the mega men.The mega men sport is a great muti for those not looking to swallow 11 pills at once...Lol..
    Oh common an being an an animal stak is fun its pills galore! I dont feel the same if I dont take my Pak

Strength In Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan11 View Post
    Ron-
    Quick question about fat. What would you suggest in a bedtime shake? I've been using flax oil for years, but I know you're not a fan of it. I use macadamia nut oil during the day with any shakes I have. Should I use that or would a couple TB of natural peanut butter be okay?
    Thanks!
    I believe in mixing up fat sources so that we get a wider spectrum of nutrients in our diet. So by all means, use Mac oil a couple of times a day. Other times try RAW Almond butter which is far healthier than peanut butter with respect to fatty acid profile, nutrient content and the oil is NOT HEATED (like roasted peanuts in peanut butter). Most oils become adulterated once they are heated moderately (Mac oil is the exception, which may be heated briefly) which is why I am not a big fan of peanut butter. I also question if cooked salmon does not contain partially damaged fats-you heard it here first!!!!!

With respect to your earlier comment on multivitamins, here's the deal with Beverly Multi Pacs:

I believe that Beverly is a high quality company with mostly really good products. The problem with these pacs is that you take them once a day and the water soluble vitamins (B's and C) don't stay in your system very long. If they were time released over at least 12 hours I'd be a big fan. I believe you are better off taking a multi that you take 3 times a day.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Noreman View Post
    I believe in mixing up fat sources so that we get a wider spectrum of nutrients in our diet. So by all means, use Mac oil a couple of times a day. Other times try RAW Almond butter which is far healthier than peanut butter with respect to fatty acid profile, nutrient content and the oil is NOT HEATED (like roasted peanuts in peanut butter). Most oils become adulterated once they are heated moderately (Mac oil is the exception, which may be heated briefly) which is why I am not a big fan of peanut butter. I also question if cooked salmon does not contain partially damaged fats-you heard it here first!!!!!

With respect to your earlier comment on multivitamins, here's the deal with Beverly Multi Pacs:

I believe that Beverly is a high quality company with mostly really good products. The problem with these pacs is that you take them once a day and the water soluble vitamins (B's and C) don't stay in your system very long. If they were time released over at least 12 hours I'd be a big fan. I believe you are better off taking a multi that you take 3 times a day.

Ron
    Thanks so much, Ron. I forgot to mention that I also use almond butter, too.

I used to take Beverly's Ultra 4 (2 pills am and 2 pills pm), but I thought that the Multi-Pak offered more bang for the buck. What would you think about sticking with the Multi-Pak but then adding in a B complex some other time(s) during the day? I already take 1g of C post workout.

I appreciate any and all feedback!
    Weak is a state of mind.

Strength In Numbers

Default Multi's

Thanks so much, Ron. I forgot to mention that I also use almond butter, too.

I used to take Beverly's Ultra 4 (2 pills am and 2 pills pm), but I thought that the Multi-Pak offered more bang for the buck. What would you think about sticking with the Multi-Pak but then adding in a B complex some other time(s) during the day? I already take 1g of C post workout.

I appreciate any and all feedback!
    I believe that each pill in the Beverly multi-Pac has different nutrients in it so taking them at different times will not help. What you can do is take 500 -1000mg of vitamin c WITH BIOFLAVINOIDS twice a day at times when you do not take the multi-pac and medium dose B Complex at these times as well. Be sure to take in some fat at those times you take the Beverly Pacs to enhance utilization of fat soluble nutrients.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Noreman View Post
    I believe that each pill in the Beverly multi-Pac has different nutrients in it so taking them at different times will not help. What you can do is take 500 -1000mg of vitamin c WITH BIOFLAVINOIDS twice a day at times when you do not take the multi-pac and medium dose B Complex at these times as well. Be sure to take in some fat at those times you take the Beverly Pacs to enhance utilization of fat soluble nutrients.

Ron
    Thanks again, Ron. I'm going to grab some B complex. Is there one that you would suggest?
    Weak is a state of mind.

Ron, I don't have anything to add to your comments yet, but I just want to say I'm already vastly impressed with your clearness of thought and teaching. I may think I know a great deal about nutrition, but already I find myself thinking hard upon reading some of your comments, notably those about multi-vitamins and BCAAs. Thanks for turning Dave on to macadamia nut oil, I've been using it since he began talking about it on the air.

are you going to post the article you spoke of?

GYM RAT

hi ron
    when someone has high fat on their legs, they have high estrogen. and more testosterone is converting to estrogen.
    do you think testostolyze is the best supplement to help, or is there anything else that could be helpful, i read about taking higher dosages of zinc will help reduce the conversion.
    thanks

Strength In Numbers

Default B complex

Thanks again, Ron. I'm going to grab some B complex. Is there one that you would suggest?
    Buy a name brand that has 50 mg of all the major B's and 300mcg of Biotin (which is often put in small quantities because it is expensive).

Strength In Numbers

Default Testostolyze

Quote Originally Posted by STRENGTH-TRAINING View Post
    hi ron
    when someone has high fat on their legs, they have high estrogen. and more testosterone is converting to estrogen.
    do you think testostolyze is the best supplement to help, or is there anything else that could be helpful, i read about taking higher dosages of zinc will help reduce the conversion.
    thanks
    Testostolyze is a quality product. I believe this because I know the raw materials that go into it. It will certainly work better than anything nutritional. The most potent thing in the nutritional world for "displacing" estrogen is DIM, a broccolli extract. It has a mild effect but it will not do what the Species product will do. Perhaps its something to try if you ever cycle the Testostolyze.

Ron

Strength In Numbers

Default Street Smart Fat Intake

Quote Originally Posted by lilarnold View Post
    are you going to post the article you spoke of?
    I will get to posting this article and I am sorry for the delay. I am working 60-70 hrs a week in my real profession and working out like a beast. I will do it when I have a bit of time.
    Thanks for asking.

Ron

Strength In Numbers

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by john koenig View Post
    Ron, I don't have anything to add to your comments yet, but I just want to say I'm already vastly impressed with your clearness of thought and teaching. I may think I know a great deal about nutrition, but already I find myself thinking hard upon reading some of your comments, notably those about multi-vitamins and BCAAs. Thanks for turning Dave on to macadamia nut oil, I've been using it since he began talking about it on the air.
    John- thanks for the kind words. I will always do my best to share my 30 years of knowledge with you guys.
    A bit of my resume:
    - I have formulated 11 popular supplements that are on the market. The first one was created 15 years ago.
    -I have done dozens of radio shows on nutrition on BIG radio stations.
    -Doctors often call me about the nutritional issues of their patients.
    - I have written several articles on things in the nutrition world that very few consider.
    - My speciality is bridging the knowledge between wholistic and anti-aging nutrition and bodybuilding nutrition-(which is lacking in many, if not most, aspects of a total nutritional plan).
    - This has all been done as a hobby. I am in the world of tax and finance professionally.
    Stay tuned.

Ron

Hello Ron, I was wondering if it's possible to die/get a heart attack from consuming 10-15 grams of BCAA's after my workout? I got shutdown and scolded by one of the servers at the cafe in my school's rec center. He made a big deal about it, saying that I'm going to kill myself with those...Just wanted to clarify this to I can sleep well.

Also, what would you suggest for someone who is just starting to get sick..the cold, runny nose type of deal?

Jasen

Strength In Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by hulkish808 View Post
    Hello Ron, I was wondering if it's possible to die/get a heart attack from consuming 10-15 grams of BCAA's after my workout? I got shutdown and scolded by one of the servers at the cafe in my school's rec center. He made a big deal about it, saying that I'm going to kill myself with those...Just wanted to clarify this to I can sleep well.

Also, what would you suggest for someone who is just starting to get sick..the cold, runny nose type of deal?

Jasen
    I have never heard of ANY data linking amino acids (like BCAA)to death or heart issues at any reasonable gram range. I'd say you friend is giving you nutritional mythology.
    As far as colds, I recently tried Zicam at the onset of symptoms and I never got a full cold.

Ron

Hey Ron-
    Again, thanks for all your advice. I wonder what your thoughts are on coconut oil.

Justin
    Weak is a state of mind.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast