Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    December 2014 saw the departure of Christian Duque. Fired? Quit? There are conflicting stories, but one thing's for certain, Duque gets a rise out of people more often than not.

Welcome back, Christian. And good luck!
    Well, so far as I've seen, he hasn't posted at all. Can't say I'm saddened by that thought even if I did welcome him back.

He's been a total jerk, yes, but one thing I've said over and over online and to him in private messages here and on Facebook is that he should focus more on his brand, his strengthaddicts.com site and less on lashing out at naysayers or anyone who disagrees with him in the slightest. I've said repeatedly that he is a machine when it comes to producing content via his video interviews and articles.

Am I a fan of his opinion pieces? Rarely.

Do I see value in what he has to offer? No longer, because I don't visit his site, I don't visit his Facebook, I haven't read his recent apparent attack on Lobliner... yet. There's always that nagging or tugging thought, "What did he say this time?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    This can't be true. Did time fold and another parallel universe open?

Welcome back CD.
    Guess we were both a tiny bit less than sincere there. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JG1 View Post
    What?
    Exactly.

And it's no joke. I probably shouldn't laugh about it.

I can tell you whose idea it wasn't.

Mine or Curt's

We are just following the boss' lead. Soon we may see SwingSlammer and Prodigy return too. The world is full of surprises, eh
    The Prodigy wasn't banned, though. She could come back anytime she'd like.

-_- o.O and =8^O

Not sure how this guy can be let back in after threatening people's jobs.

Very disappointing.

Talk later everybody.
    You're not alone on that count. He made similar remarks to me.

Then again he's not the only person to use my employment as leverage against me. It's what a certain type of people do.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    You can see how one could misconstrue the celebratory tone of this thread as Curt having been at minimum, accepting of the result.
    I am accepting of it.

Duque has been terrible, but he never followed through on any of his threats. I didn't receive any nastygram from the school board. "Dear school board, Curtis was mean to me on the Interwebz." As far as I know he never wrote an article about how much of a bully he believes or believe me to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders JP Eskilsson View Post
    Well beware, this might the calm before the Chilean storm.

Anyway, Duque did actually give an apology for his behaviour a while back and I accepted it. I have to credit him for this because it takes a man to admit his faults.
    Kudos to him on that and to you on accepting. Otoh, I'm pretty sure he offered me similar apologies in the past. It didn't stick.

(snip) threatened members jobs and you welcome him back.
    You're right. But did you ever hear anything from anyone at your job? My guess is no. Not to say he's entirely harmless because, hey, who needs to read that crap? "I'm gonna get you fired! You'll be sorry you crossed me online, pal!"

Really?

He took criticism of his articles so personal he tried to do detective work and figure out who we were and threatened to contact our employers. He also posted personal information about a member on the forum from his detective work.

This was an Rx Muscle employee, who was doing this.
    A large part of the reason he was shown the door. Of course, he stated he decided to move on and that he hadn't been booted. Meh.

Dave Palumbo sees the positive and it's pretty clear that he dislikes drama. Where's the harm in some forgiveness?

Duque hasn't made any displays of fury and indignation, so I say let him write for Rx Muscle. It's not my call, though. It's not my ship.

Fwiw, I'm not deleting anything anyone says about him ever again. He's earned any rebuke he receives, imo. I did move some of the comments from the article thread to this thread because it seemed to fit. My apologies to anyone upset by that decision.

You're right. But did you ever hear anything from anyone at your job? My guess is no. Not to say he's entirely harmless because, hey, who needs to read that crap? "I'm gonna get you fired! You'll be sorry you crossed me online, pal!"
    No, but that's because he couldn't figure out who I was. I truly believe if he had my name and place of employment he would have caused trouble in some way. Just like he tried to do with Cal.
    Last edited by JG1; 07-27-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Guess we were both a tiny bit less than sincere there. lol
    Not if you knew what CD meant in that instance.

OLYMPIAN

I'm certainly guilty of this. Pointing out what you do for a living and the repercussions associated with your public attacks on those of us who make a living in this industry. Its as if its open season on those working within the industry. That's fair game, but oh hell no don't attack those making the attacks and pointing out the potential ramifications to their "jobs". Turn about is fair play it seems to me. Attack me for instance with any and everything you've got and I expect no quarter, but well...turn about is fair play.
    As for all the admins, forum directors, along with regular forum posters chiming in against Dave's decision to allow this guy to post it strikes me as a bit silly. Do you all get that sort of latitude on your REAL JOBS to openly criticize the bosses decisions even publicly as well... as thats what this is correct? You all are essentially stating he made the wrong decision without giving him the benefit of the doubt that he might have some plan or purpose in mind. Oh, I know there I go again being critical of people that are untouchable because they don't actually work in this industry, but rather apparently just use this as play time. Still though everything has consequences in the real world.

What was the subject again?

Then again he's not the only person to use my employment as leverage against me. It's what a certain type of people do.
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 07-27-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post
    I'm certainly guilty of this. Pointing out what you do for a living and the repercussions associated with your public attacks on those of us who make a living in this industry. Its as if its open season on those working within the industry. That's fair game, but oh hell no don't attack those making the attacks and pointing out the potential ramifications to their "jobs". Turn about is fair play it seems to me. Attack me for instance with any and everything you've got and I expect no quarter, but well...turn about is fair play.
    As for all the admins, forum directors, along with regular forum posters chiming in against Dave's decision to allow this guy to post it strikes me as a bit silly. Do you all get that sort of latitude on your REAL JOBS to openly criticize the bosses even publicly as well...thats what this is. Oh, I know there I go again being critical of people that are untouchable because they don't actually work in this industry, but rather apparently just use this as play time. Still though everything has consequences in the real world.

So if someone criticizes your article, you think it's fair game to hunt that person down and threaten to contact their place of employment?

GTFO of here!

As for all the admins, forum directors, along with regular forum posters chiming in against Dave's decision to allow this guy to post it strikes me as a bit silly. Do you all get that sort of latitude on your REAL JOBS to openly criticize the bosses even publicly as well...thats what this is. Oh, I know there I go again being critical of people that are untouchable because they don't actually work in this industry, but rather apparently just use this as play time. Still though everything has consequences in the real world.

This is something I do for free. I know that makes me irrelevant in your eyes. Dave is not my employer or of any of the mods.

As you are allowed to voice your opinions, so am I and the other members.

In my real job, I am the boss, which affords me 'play time' to respond to big time industry wigs like you in these playgrounds.

So if someone criticizes your article, you think it's fair game to hunt that person down and threaten to contact their place of employment?

GTFO of here!

I don't think he much cares as he has made similar threats to Curt.

OLYMPIAN

The right to confront one's accusers and protections against libel are provided in the US constitution, but difficult to administer associated with anonymity offered by web forums like this and others. Although I go by a handle Musclepapa John its fairly easy to identify John Hawley as the person behind the moniker. That said many of the personal and professional attacks against myself for instance by anonymous and or others go unchecked as if they should be inconsequential.
    Most American's don't actually believe online anonymous attacks on them should be without consequence. When and if I ever threaten a persons livelihood its done with my signature and complete appreciation for libel law along with an understanding of my rights as someone degreed in journalism.

Attachment source: http://www.massivealliance.com/2013/...mation-slander
    Online-Poll_End-2013-May-5.jpg

OLYMPIAN

I didn't say you were irrelevant. That's your take.
    I'll add though that unless you own the company you are a boss at most companies as a matter of policy would consider your wasting their time on a web forum stealing.
    Sorry if the truth hurts or if you do actually own your company.

This is something I do for free. I know that makes me irrelevant in your eyes. Dave is not my employer or of any of the mods.

As you are allowed to voice your opinions, so am I and the other members.

In my real job, I am the boss, which affords me 'play time' to respond to big time industry wigs like you in these playgrounds.

I didn't say you were irrelevant. That's your take.
    I'll add though that unless you own the company you are a boss at most companies as a matter of policy would consider your wasting their time on a web forum stealing.
    Sorry if the truth hurts or if you do actually own your company.
    I own the company that I started in 1977.

But thanks for your concern of my stealing my employer's time.

OLYMPIAN

Really? Such an insincere tone from a company owner who knows full well that owners and managers don't approve of employees stealing their time fucking off on web forums talking shit versus doing the work to make their businesses more profitable. As I was told by a manager 30 years ago during my 40 years of private sector employment, "if you have time to lean you have time to clean."
    I was only 17 in '77. Kudos to your business savvy over these many years.

I own the company that I started in 1977.

But thanks for your concern of my stealing my employer's time.
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 07-27-2015 at 02:56 PM.

No, but that's because he couldn't figure out who I was. I truly believe if he had my name and place of employment he would have caused trouble in some way. Just like he tried to do with Cal.
    You may be right. I wouldn't put anything past him, unfortunately.

Not if you knew what CD meant in that instance.
    Ah, the mystery acronym!

(emailing you next)

I don't think he much cares as he has made similar threats to Curt.
    Truth. What a long-winded ass. Wait. Who were we talking about?

Rea(snip)

Seriously. I rarely read any of his posts. Smacks of pompous.

Like Duque, he's a content creator and I recognize his talents in that regard — bot their talents in that regard — but, other than that, I don't have time to wade through all that textblahblahblah.

A pie graph. LOLOALALAKJLKJLKJ ahahahAHAHAHA Wtf? Thanks for the laugh there.

RisingMuscle.com

Here's the thing, and as Dave has said before ... RX is cutting back! However, they still need content. Duque is controversial and can deliver free stuff, so that's why he's back.

OLYMPIAN

Likewise, you are an entertaining pompous prick. I actually do read your shit though and aren't so pompous as you to claim your posts should be a certain length, etc or that I don't actually read them. Funny how you don't read them, but make the most regular derogatory responses to them. #bullshitdetected

Truth. What a long-winded ass. Wait. Who were we talking about?

Seriously. I rarely read any of his posts. Smacks of pompous.

Like Duque, he's a content creator and I recognize his talents in that regard — bot their talents in that regard — but, other than that, I don't have time to wade through all that textblahblahblah.
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 07-27-2015 at 05:11 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast