Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post
    LOL read into it what you want. Claiming "volunteers" that in turn gripe about the person they are volunteering for (Dave in this instance) have their own motivations is still a valid point. That said, volunteers don't typically have veto power over boards of directors, CEOs or owners decisions. As a business owner I'm sure you can grasp this otherwise you might be the one on drugs.
    You griped about your former employee and they shit-canned your ass.

So let me get this right, as a volunteer, I have no rights to give my opinions or complain?
    Last edited by Mac; 07-31-2015 at 06:24 AM.

OLYMPIAN

I haven't been anyone's employee in about five years now and have had my own business not since '77 like you, but since '96.
    As a contractor I walked in actuality. And of course volunteers can complain until the person they are volunteering for gets tired of the counter productiveness of their "volunteer" working against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post

So let me get this right, as a volunteer, I have no rights to give my opinions or complain?
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 07-31-2015 at 03:02 PM.

OLYMPIAN

Let me put it another way. Earlier you noted as a business owner while your employees or working you have the latitude to post on the forum and do whatever you like that has nothing to do with the daily operation of the business. Let's say you have some interns (un-paid volunteers) working there who see you posting on rxmuscle and in turn log in here or somewhere else and start complaining about the company owner wasting time and setting a bad example. Would you say those volunteers have a right to their opinions and complaints in a public setting about you and the operation of your company?

The Godzilla of RX

I haven't been anyone's employee in about five years now and have had my own business not since '77 like you, but since '96.
    As a contractor I walked in actuality. And of course volunteers can complain until the person they are volunteering for gets tired of the counter productiveness of their "volunteer" working against them.
    Let's be honest, who the fuck would employ you?
    Fill up the syringe...

OLYMPIAN

Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by maniacal View Post
    let's be honest, who the fuck would employ you?

Let me put it another way. Earlier you noted as a business owner while your employees or working you have the latitude to post on the forum and do whatever you like that has nothing to do with the daily operation of the business. Let's say you have some interns (un-paid volunteers) working there who see you posting on rxmuscle and in turn log in here or somewhere else and start complaining about the company owner wasting time and setting a bad example. Would you say those volunteers have a right to their opinions and complaints in a public setting about you and the operation of your company?
    No, I never said that while my employees are working I can post on forums while they watch.

Here's some news for you. I have NO employees. I work 15hr days and no longer wish to employ people directly. Did that for 25 yrs. I don't need employees to make my income as I have 90% passive income from licensing of my software from thousands of installs all over the world.

There are 5 team members that contribute their IP. They are spread all over the world from here to Bali Indonesia. I doubt they care what I do.

Anyone has a right to say whatever they want to say. It's called freedom of speech.

Now go take someone's picture and quit wasting your time here.

Let me put it another way as well.
    As a business owner, I would want my employees to speak their minds and be as honest and transparent with me as possible.
    Personal integrity within a management team is critical to business success.

A business owner that surrounds themselves with a bunch of yes men and women, that give the superficial appearance of being loyal to the business owner aka, management suckups, is asking for business failure.

Yes men and women do not have the well being and growth of the business as a primary goal.
    They have the self-promotion of themselves as a primary goal.
    They are very skilled at manipulation of other people.

You see this sometimes in people that will stomp all over other people and stab them in the back to climb the corporate ladder to the highest levels.
    These types have the traits of a sociopath.

That is a sure fire recipe for business failure as the organization will always be dysfunctional, have breakdowns in team cohesion's and will be subjected to constant infighting and politics that get in the way of business success.
    Last edited by DBowden; 07-31-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Yes those volunteers do have a right to voice their opinions in an open setting as to the operation of the company.

Honest open (constructive) transparent feedback by a volunteer is always welcomed by any business owner.
    It means the volunteers give a shit about the success or failure of the business.

Quote Originally Posted by DBowden View Post
    Let me put it another way as well.
    As a business owner, I would want my employees to speak their minds and be as honest and transparent with me as possible.
    Agreed. Nothing worse than a kiss-ass employee blowing smoke up your ass.

I work with some people a lot smarter than me and they tell me all the time if my ideas are stupid or otherwise. They continue to receive their commissions checks every month too.

Quote Originally Posted by DBowden View Post
    Yes those volunteers do have a right to voice their opinions in an open setting as to the operation of the company.

Honest open (constructive) transparent feedback by a volunteer is always welcomed by any business owner.
    It means the volunteers give a shit about the success or failure of the business.
    We need more smart and wise members like you to contribute here

Agreed. Nothing worse than a kiss-ass employee blowing smoke up your ass.

I work with some people a lot smarter than me and they tell me all the time if my ideas are stupid or otherwise. They continue to receive their commissions checks every month too.
    That was what got me fired by Blechman with MD. I wish that you ran that company instead of that rich buffoon surrounded by pussy 'yes' men.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pietaro View Post
    That was what got me fired by Blechman with MD. I wish that you ran that company instead of that rich buffoon surrounded by pussy 'yes' men.
    I don't want to get into MD issues.

Before I retired from working full time in corporate America I ran into a lot of these sociopathic yes people types that were very skilled at manipulation.
    They thought nothing of destroying others for their self promotion up the corporate ladder.

Any business owner that promotes into management a business owner dick sucker into a management position of authority, instead of promoting into management honest, transparent people that speak their minds and demonstrate integrity at all times is asking for trouble.

As to long term volunteers, they are critical on a board like this I think.
    A board owner I think should solicit honest transparent feedback from volunteers about board operations to ensure that the volunteers feel like they are a critical business resource that has a great deal to do with the success or failure of the forum board and by extension the business.
    The forum board is in ways a cross-sell for the business to drive business revenue cash flow.

Mac I judge, is a critical RX resource that has a great deal to do with the success or failure of the board from an operations perspective.
    Last edited by DBowden; 07-31-2015 at 04:51 PM.

Makes good sense to me your storyline and all, but look at the forum another way. There are sub-forums with regular posters not here on the main forum, but how many regular posters including the forum moderators, directors contribute? Is the number as high as two dozen? I'd be surprised. Is it less than a dozen? I wouldn't be surprised. The mods, directors are likewise among the most regular posters steering discussions among this small group. Its almost like a tiny insular club. How do you change that?
    If I was new and just starting poking around here I'd agree with you but it wasn't always that way I'm afraid. As I said earlier..things change. I'm pretty sure it's not for the better.
    As far as "what to do?"..No clue. Wish I did

OLYMPIAN

You wrote in another thread, "In my real job, I am the boss, which affords me 'play time' to respond to big time industry wigs like you in these playgrounds."

So like you I suppose I'm the boss exercising what you claim is our freedom of speech. Then again to quote Bloomberg Business article, "In America you can say pretty much whatever you want, wherever you want to say it. Unless, that is, you’re at work." Article titled, "
    Where Free Speech Goes to Die: The Workplace"

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2012-08-03/where-free-speech-goes-to-die-the-workplace

No, I never said that while my employees are working I can post on forums while they watch.

Here's some news for you. I have NO employees. I work 15hr days and no longer wish to employ people directly. Did that for 25 yrs. I don't need employees to make my income as I have 90% passive income from licensing of my software from thousands of installs all over the world.

There are 5 team members that contribute their IP. They are spread all over the world from here to Bali Indonesia. I doubt they care what I do.

Anyone has a right to say whatever they want to say. It's called freedom of speech.

Now go take someone's picture and quit wasting your time here.
    Last edited by Musclepapa John; 07-31-2015 at 07:52 PM.

The Godzilla of RX

You wrote in another thread, "In my real job, I am the boss, which affords me 'play time' to respond to big time industry wigs like you in these playgrounds."

So like you I suppose I'm the boss exercising what you claim is our freedom of speech. Then again to quote Bloomberg Business article, "In America you can say pretty much whatever you want, wherever you want to say it. Unless, that is, you’re at work." Article titled, "
    Where Free Speech Goes to Die: The Workplace"

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles...-the-workplace
    Shouldn't you be off sexually harassing some 21-yr old bikini competitor who, desperate for coverage and thus willing to put up with your creepiness, causes you to think she actually gives a fuck about you?
    Fill up the syringe...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast