Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    RX MEMBER

I'd like to fill you in about my training and diet. Today I'll tell you what my cardio is.

David has me doing 10 to 15 minutes cardio on an empty stomach in the morning. I thought that was too little but he really is looking after my well being and increasing things slowly. Eventually that may increase to 45.

He prefers doing it a moderate pace and I am finding that difficult because my the devil on my shoulder says "It's only 15 minutes! Work harder!" So I want to go all out but he says no lol.

He prefers walking at a moderate pace...I will vary it up a little with the machines from time to time but for the most part will walk outdoors or do a treadmill. I did stairs yesterday.

Doing 15 minutes work well with my job as I work 13 hour days. On days off I could do a lot more but David says NO!

I like how he looks after my well being first and foremost. He says less can be more and will ease me into things depending on results. I've seen Annabelle do this for a long time...her coaches aren't so caring. They care about results....David cares about me.

That's great! I made a suggestion earlier regarding training.I was not aware David was doing your training as well as diet.I would like to suggest you follow his advise exactly.I don't know what his training method is but without following it exactly you won't know if it works.Good luck and you can do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    I guessed that you were about 5'4". :-D I'm 5'2".

Really, I don't think you have far to go at all to reach your goals. The leanness you're after will come very quickly with nailing your diet. And by that I mean do EXACTLY what David says. If you meal prep for the week that will be a slam dunk, especially because you DON'T have the issue of grazing like other women...you simply don't have the time with your job. Count that as a blessing.

Not that I have an eye for this sort of thing but if I was wearing your bod here's what I'd want to do and what I'm seeing:

1. Bit of scoliosis or maybe you're just standing crooked
    2. Quads look good, particularly the teardrop, could build up the outer quad some but I'd prioritize the posterior chain. Whole backside could come up. Looks as if you were a cardio queen in another life and/or you do a lot of sitting in your job. Build up the glutes and hammies. Quads look like you are right-dominant- right rectus femoris is a little bigger than the left. I have that too. All this will change in the coming weeks with David at the wheel I'm sure.
    3. Calves, calves, calves. Did I mention calves? Great calves are a sign of a dedicated lifter. Your quads look good therefore I predict if you hammer your calves they will look great in no time. Especially in heels.
    4. Lats - another sign of a dedicated lifter. Bring them up and you won't be sorry.
    5. Looks like you easily build muscle in your front/upper body. Arms particularly biceps look good. Bringing up tris wouldn't hurt. That will come with hammering your delts IMO. Build the delts and the chest will follow suit.

Looking forward to seeing you crush this adventure!

Excellent analysis Sunny !

1) Quads, glutes and hammies are being prioritized.
    2) For the dominance or one quad I think it will slowly disappear and if not, well there is always a way. (focusing on leg extension one leg at the time to isolate the quad (foot position doing so). and one leg lunges ). But that little "unbalance" is not a priority right now, but I will make sure that we will take care of it!
    3) The first 4 weeks without training them directly I can assure you her calves will already improved. I think we could start working them directly coming week 8 or 12. But right now I want her to do very short session that will help her CNS to get accustomed to the workload easily and her muscle to recuperate very quickly and grow from this quick stimulation.

4) I'm already on the V taper matter !
    5) Bringing up the tris that's what I was thinking and that why if you analyze her workout you would see that the tris and shoulders are the most stimulated and they will progress at the fastest rate.

I'm excited to see the result and I will follow this thread religiously
    David Cua also called Donald Pump known for "making bodybuilding great again" !

Quote Originally Posted by NewAtThis View Post
    I'd like to fill you in about my training and diet. Today I'll tell you what my cardio is.

David has me doing 10 to 15 minutes cardio on an empty stomach in the morning. I thought that was too little but he really is looking after my well being and increasing things slowly. Eventually that may increase to 45.

He prefers doing it a moderate pace and I am finding that difficult because my the devil on my shoulder says "It's only 15 minutes! Work harder!" So I want to go all out but he says no lol.

He prefers walking at a moderate pace...I will vary it up a little with the machines from time to time but for the most part will walk outdoors or do a treadmill. I did stairs yesterday.

Doing 15 minutes work well with my job as I work 13 hour days. On days off I could do a lot more but David says NO!

I like how he looks after my well being first and foremost. He says less can be more and will ease me into things depending on results. I've seen Annabelle do this for a long time...her coaches aren't so caring. They care about results....David cares about me.
    I'm all for going from one gear to another and then put the Nitro in

Looks like a great path for starters, NAT and David!

NAT, I love that you have a pullup goal! I started the same way. Couldn't even do a single one five years ago, and now I can get at least 8 any grip. Even if you just start with holding the bar at the top and do negatives only you WILL get them! Your body will get it quickly. I've found with pullups you really have to do them regularly - like once a week - otherwise your strength falls off very quickly.
    Last edited by Sunnyday; 08-27-2015 at 02:35 PM.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    Looks like a great path for starters, NAT and David!

NAT, I love that you have a pullup goal! I started the same way. Couldn't even do a single one five years ago, and now I can get at least 8 any grip. Even if you just start with holding the bar at the top and do negatives only you WILL get them! Your body will get it quickly. I've found with pullups you really have to do them regularly - like once a week - otherwise your strength falls off very quickly.
    She did not tell me that :O ! That's a great way to do towards pull ups!
    I have another way of progressing toward pull ups.

Doing slow and control behind the neck pull downs. 1 set warm up with very light weight (10 to 20 reps) and 1-2 set 5 reps of heavy weight but controlled without shaking or anything.

Do this twice a week without training too much your back or arms and you will progress extremely quickly toward that goal. You can add almost every two weeks some weight on the lat pull cable and one day you do 5 reps with 150lbs and you say to yourself I might do 5 reps with my bodyweight (110 - 115lbs for a woman)

Good luck! I can't wait to see your progress.

For those who are interested here is the working day of NAT diet !

1st meal in the morning : 400 kcals

- 3 egg whites ; 65kcal
    - 90g of oatmeal (uncooked weight but cooked with water); 290-300kcal or cream of rice equivalent
    - 100g of Kiwi ; 55kcal or 80g of red berries (blueberries/rasperries) or 60g of banana
    - cinnamon (for taste and his blood sugar regulation purpose) Optional

2nd meal 550kcals

- 100g chicken breast ; 120kcal or turkey breast or white fish (equivalent)
    - 100g Rice (uncooked weight) ; 350 kcals or potatoes equivalent
    - Baby spinach leaves or arragula or lettuce (I don’t count these green calories)
    - 100g of tomatoes ; 20kcal or carrots equivalent
    - 50g of cucumber (optional) ; 10 kcals
    - 5g of flaxseed oil ; 45kcal for the healthy fats (omega 3) or avocado
    - A little bit of fresh lemon squeeze (it alkalinize the body) you can put a little bit of it in you water instead of on the top of your food. (5kcal)

3rd meal 400kcals

- 100g of chicken breast ; 120kcal or turkey breast or white fish equivalent
    - 45-50g of Rice (uncooked weight); 165kcal or potatoes equivalent
    - Baby spinach leaves or arragula or lettuce (don’t count these green calories)
    - 100g of tomatoes ; 20kcal or carrots equivalent
    - 50 g cucumber (optional) 10kcals
    - 10g of flaxseed oil ; 90kcal for the healthy fats (omega 3) or avocado
    - A little bit of fresh lemon squeeze 5kcal

4th meal : 400 kcals

- 100g of Red meat ; 300kcal or salmon equivalent
    - 10g of Rice (uncooked weight) ; 35kcal (or potatoes)
    - 100g zucchini ; 20kcal or green asparagus (asparagus might have a diuretic effect and does not suit to everybody especially in the last meal of the day)

- a piece of fruit watermelon (100g ; 30-35kcal) or 100g of cantaloupe (35kcal) or else

Best of luck.

RX MEMBER

Hello,

So some things so far...

I wake up famished. However I always sort of did even when I ate junky lol. To do cardio when you are famished is not easy...even if it is only for 15 minutes.

I weigh 130 now...I started at 132.5. However I realize this is just a water weight loss. It's amazing what eating healthy does for the body. It's still nice to see the 130 though. Once I get to 125 I'll be quite happy honestly.

I'm not allowed diet soda which sucks. It's a cheat/once in a while thing. So I'm just sticking with water and sometimes crystal lite.

I totally hate chicken, white fish and turkey. Well not hate but if I'm eating chicken I want it breaded and between a bun slathered with mayo haha. And turkey needs gravy. So I'll be eating one chicken breast per day instead of 2 and I can substitute the other one with egg whites. Which is great! I can do that.

I love having red meat in my diet....I could eat that every meal haha. I only eat lean cuts though.

Last night I fell asleep before my last meal and I knew I couldn't stay awake so I just drank a protein shake quickly. I'll have to space the meals out better.

I cooked a bunch of brown basmati rice. I don't mind it. I love the white stuff and the brown is doable. I burnt the bottom of the pot and I love that rice the most haha.

My favorite thing in this diet is the fruit....I have a major sweet tooth so fruit is truly natures candys as Annabelle has taught me. I look forward to those meals with it.

So far so good. Missing diet soda for some reason even though I wasn't drinking it regularly. The weight training is going good so far. I have this fear I won't be able to gain muscle ever. It's illogical but it still worries me. It seems to take forever. However..I've never had this much protein so we will see if it helps!

RX MEMBER

Let's talk fruit and veggies. I'm a huge believer in both and even was before I started this program. I really believe both are beneficial and I feel great when I have them.

I'm eating lots of the green veggies since David allows me to. I wish I had a bit more fruit but the 2 servings is good. I realize fructose must be limited.

I'm thinking about asking David if I can chop up some onion to put in with the rice for flavor....or some mushrooms....or if I can sautee mushrooms and onions and add them to the rice....yummy.

I had never tried avocado before this diet.....I had to google on how to choose them, cut them, store them...and the calorie count lol. They are quite tasty...I am impressed!

I do realize when I do compete the fruits will probably have to come out at sometime but I'm hoping the vegetables stay in.

BTW...I hate vegetables I really do...I only eat them because they are good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NewAtThis View Post
    Let's talk fruit and veggies. I'm a huge believer in both and even was before I started this program. I really believe both are beneficial and I feel great when I have them.

I'm eating lots of the green veggies since David allows me to. I wish I had a bit more fruit but the 2 servings is good. I realize fructose must be limited.

I'm thinking about asking David if I can chop up some onion to put in with the rice for flavor....or some mushrooms....or if I can sautee mushrooms and onions and add them to the rice....yummy.

I had never tried avocado before this diet.....I had to google on how to choose them, cut them, store them...and the calorie count lol. They are quite tasty...I am impressed!

I do realize when I do compete the fruits will probably have to come out at sometime but I'm hoping the vegetables stay in.

BTW...I hate vegetables I really do...I only eat them because they are good for you.
    1) I don't see any problem with that. Just make sure that the calories from the onions and mushrooms replace the equivalent calories from the rice.

2) They are

3) Not necessarily. They might stay in your diet even if you compete, especially if you want Bikini conditioning. Women Physique conditioning, fruit might be a no-no at the end of the prep though ^^

RX MEMBER

So this is day 4.....I weigh 129. A 3.5 pound drop. Water weight obviously but still nice to see. 20150829_105121.jpg
    Last edited by NewAtThis; 08-29-2015 at 11:41 PM.

RX MEMBER

Here are some "progress" pics. Although I haven't really progressed...I've just cut some water. See if you can notice a difference. Sometimes I think I can and then I can't. Tell me what you think.20150829_105500.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

RX MEMBER

20150829_121316.jpg

A meal I'm allowed to have. Pretty bland although I did put cayenne pepper on the chicken breast. With this diet I find there isn't much taste except in the red meat and fruit. I also dig the avocado.
    Last edited by NewAtThis; 08-30-2015 at 12:08 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast