Default Considering test prop, need some advice

Hiya, I'm new to the forum so I'll post a little bit about myself
    I'm a competitive powerlifter, I'm fairly new to powerlifting as I trained in more of a bodybuilding style for years, saying that, I've won a national championship here in the UK and broken British records 3 times, I absolutely love the sport.

I've run a few cycles, var, primo. Eq, however there aren't really very many women in the sport where I am and knowledgeable women when it comes to AAS are pretty much non existent here too.

I'm considering running a 6 week prop cycle, 20mg oed, for the run up to my next comp

I have a weight catagory to make and I'm not too sure about water retention and how to combat it, I ran eq and var before my last comp and it wasn't an issue, having never run prop before I'm not too sure what to expect. Any first hand input would be great. Thank you

...I will add, in preparation for my last competition I cut 14lbs in a week by carb depleting and water loading, I'm also slightly worried that I may have to water load more, to excrete the extra that prop may cause. I have zero experience with anything like tamoxifen

Quote Originally Posted by UKdeadliftgirl View Post
    ...I will add, in preparation for my last competition I cut 14lbs in a week by carb depleting and water loading, I'm also slightly worried that I may have to water load more, to excrete the extra that prop may cause. I have zero experience with anything like tamoxifen
    You're just asking for joint trouble with tamoxifen, as estrogen is responsible in part for your joint lubrication. I wouldn't do it as part of a powerlifting prep, only for a stage show. I have a friend who is losing hair on tamoxifen as well and has had complaints of no vaginal lubrication from it as well as creaky joints, whereas prior to starting it, she was a powerlifter with no HX of joint issues.

If the only thing you're worried about is whether you'll be pushed out of your weight class by water weight gain, than I would say you should NOT use dianabol, which is many a powerlifters dream drug for strength but is widely know for water retention, sometimes 5lbs in a day.

I hesitate to recommend Halotestin for any woman but if all you care about is your strength and minimizing water retention, Halotestin is the holy grail that male strength athletes use, if you're able to get some, which should be easier in the UK/Europe. You won't know your sides until you try it but most people report a very dry hard effect without water retention.
    Be aware that Halotestin is considered the most androgenic drug and the side effects will likely not be reversible, including major hairloss, (but with a likely permanent, dramatically male patterned look that finasteride and rogaine may have zero effect on), voice drop, likely permanent, dramatic clitoral enlargement, coarse dark facial hair, enlargement of pores with said coarse dark hair emerging from the chin/cheek/jawline, body hair, etc. This might be a drug to keep in your back pocket, so to speak, until a national/world level championship rather than a qualifier. You WILL get sides, it all depends on what you're ready to deal with.

I think you should test out some other different compounds (one at a time, giving time for them to clear your system) either, very early in your contest training (like 12 weeks from contest date) or during your non-competitive season because things that supposedly do not cause water retention CAN make you retain water (for example, some people say Anavar gives them water retention, you said it didn't) So, depending on your unique body response, you could experiment, if you have time.

I know of a female world champion who has sworn by winstrol and test cyp, neither of which I would have thought on paper, would be good for powerlifting given that winstrol can have a very drying affect on your joints (like tamoxifen)and some people even think their joints after ONE cycle of it have never been the same...But for her, it works well. It was explained to me that it has less retention for some women because it's a test with a long ester and keeps hormone levels relatively stable rather than up and down and all the related problem associated with that.

Now lets say you were to go with oral winstrol for the strength benefit, I think it might be best to stack it with primo or EQ or NPP to help with the joint drying/creakiness. Or test prop. The problem with test prop is you'd be pinning, you said (I interpret, led as EOD) and I don't know you and how pain tolerant you are but if you pin it, especially that frequently, your post injection pain may inhibit your training because it likely will make that injection site sore, tender and tight, possibly too tight to train towards a max effort peak week, especially given that you're going to have to cut weight. Pinning winstrol may have a similar effect so that's why I said oral above.

For cutting water, I like doing the water load you talked about, plus half a dyazide, every 6-8 hours starting at 5pm the day before weigh in and until the morning of. I've combined that with a laxative too and sit in a hot tub the morning of with the scale available. Some people use lasix, which I won't use as I think it's too difficult to recover from for any athletic event.

Of course, if you're traveling abroad to compete, that changes the game a lot and I'd advise staying with injectables. What weight class are you? You can PM me if you like.

Hi baby muscle, thank you for your reply you've been really informative, I can't express how grateful I am to talk to a female who knows her stuff.
    I had a 24hr weigh in, so the day before weigh in I took 60mg of lasix to help with the rest of the water, I didn't notice any problems recovering from it as I was suffering already from the lack of carbs (typical powerlifter) however having no fluids from 4pm until 2pm the next day was a horrible experience and my kidneys definitely felt it.
    I forgot to mention I have taken winny (was supposed to be var) and it dried my joints out terribly, thank you for the heads up regarding tamoxifen, I wasn't aware it was so similar joint drying wise.
    Yes my spellchecker turned eod into led :-( I generally don't get much pip from pinning but this may change with a different compound so can't be certain.
    Halo sounds very very interesting, extremely hardcore, I will definitely do some research into it. I was reading the tren thread and am considering a very low dose of tren e instead of prop. My issue is, I have a wpc world championship coming up in November and don't really have the time to try out different compounds.

By my own admission I have not planned this year at all. I did my first comp in may on a whim, won it, then won the nationals, now I'm addicted lol. I compete in the 67.5kg class, next year I will go up a weight catagory

Thank you again for your help

You're welcome and good luck!Keep us posted!

I think you might find tren to be less reliable for strength/versus water retention/overall shitty feeling ratio, as it's a very individualized kind of drug. I know a male strength athlete who is taking a gram a week of tren, along with dianabol 3x ED, halotestin2xED, a touch of EQ and test cyp as his base. He tolerates tren completely different (and better) than anyone else I've ever heard but he swears by NPP for lean, long strength gains.

Hmm, I think test cyp may be your friend over test prop. If you retain water on 1 shot of prop, than you know somewhat what the cyp might do…test is test, but then the prop is out of your system in a couple days-But then theres what your personal hormones might react to w/cyp or with tren. Or any other drug. I forgot to mention that the most GUYS have told me they run is 4 weeks of halotestin because it's hepatoxic. Several coaches have told me for a female they only recommend 2 weeks with last dose on contest day, splitting 2.5mg 2x daily(1.25) because male tablet doses are 10mg and dudes usually run somewhere about 40 or so.

Did you get any water retention with the winny? How did it do for you strength wise?
    Last edited by baby muscle; 09-02-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Sorry it's taken months to reply!

So I decided to go up a weight class as I gained a couple kgs in water weight and didn't want the hassle of an intense cut plus travelling abroad etc etc

The comp went well, won my class in bench and deadlift

Have been off for six weeks now

AF reared her ugly head on week five but this is also a good thing

The prop worked well, didn't have insane gains but disregarding the taper up and down I ran 20mg eod for six weeks plus 10mg ed var

Neg sides were the usual suspects, acne, a bit of water retention, slight changes "down there", slightly hairier.

Massive increase in libido which was both good and bad, but mainly good,

I will probably run test again and keep to a sensible dose

I would like to run something with a longer ester simply because the amount of injecting is insane for me, and on occasion the pip was painful

I'm debating 70mg of test e for 12 weeks but I do realise the risks with a longer acting compound.

Consider 30-40 mg e4d. e2d is too frequent anyway. I would NOT do test e. Yes longer half life, also considerably more sides.

Other options might be equipoise - 50-100 mg e5d or NPP - 30 mg e3d - tho NPP is more notorious for voice change and a bit of water retention but great for joints. or Primo - 50-100 mg e5d
    Last edited by sassy69; 12-17-2015 at 05:21 PM.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Consider 30-40 mg e4d. e2d is too frequent anyway. I would NOT do test e. Yes longer half life, also considerably more sides.

Other options might be equipoise - 50-100 mg e5d or NPP - 30 mg e3d - tho NPP is more notorious for voice change and a bit of water retention but great for joints. or Primo - 50-100 mg e5d
    Thank you for the reply sassy,

I like the sound of 30mg e4d, that's the frequency I would of gone for with enanthate anyway so a shorter prop cycle will be ideal.

Legitimate primo is notoriously hard to get hold of here and very expensive

Eq is definitely an option if I go up a weight catagory, the appetite increase would be welcomed.

I've been reading a little about tren and also halo for future reference. Definitely something that I'm interested in. Just need to do a bit more research on those two

Quote Originally Posted by UKdeadliftgirl View Post
    Thank you for the reply sassy,

I like the sound of 30mg e4d, that's the frequency I would of gone for with enanthate anyway so a shorter prop cycle will be ideal.

Legitimate primo is notoriously hard to get hold of here and very expensive

Eq is definitely an option if I go up a weight catagory, the appetite increase would be welcomed.

I've been reading a little about tren and also halo for future reference. Definitely something that I'm interested in. Just need to do a bit more research on those two
    Anecdotally, EQ doesnt' always increase hunger - I'd say 50/50.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne