RX MEMBER

Default will my voice recover

HI all-

Brand new here, yay! Been running cycles of varied components for a little over a year, 4 shows down. Weaning off now to be totally clean... and want to stay that way, for many reasons. Question: will my voice ever recover and return to what it was? It has absolutely deepened (fine), but I CANNOT yell, i CANNOT sing, and I CANNOT get excited or speak loudly for any length of time without either losing my voice, or having it crack like a prepubescent boy :-/

RX MEMBER

Following, because this is happening to me now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You ladies might want to reach out to Sassy69 she is an expert on these things.
    "Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" -Dr. David Banner

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart” - Anne Frank

Not knowing details of what you used or when you last used it, I'm assuming you used some more aggressive injectables (this can be primo, on up, and also winstrol, which is so-so aggressive, but androgenic and more so in combination w/ other stuff). You have to start by looking at the detection time of each of the compounds you used to get a min idea of "how long" they are in effect. But in combination with other compounds, as well as with continued / repeated cycles can produce a great cumulative effect.

Over time things will generally get back to normal (assuming no more compounds are added), but it does take time. Think on the order of 6 - 8 months. I can't give you any exact durations because obviously there are no studies on this - but this is part of playing on the Dark Side - when you're all focused on competition it's all "acceptable", but depending on the compounds you use, some of them can take a really long time to attenuate out of your system depending on the ester(s) used, the combination of multiple compounds and the frequency / repeat / duration of the cycle(s).

You can google each compound and "detection time" to get an idea of the "duration" that each compound is "detectable" - again these are not exact as I think the method used by each compound testing is probably not consistent across the board, but gives you an idea of how long you should be anticipating. It is the "end time" of duration - so given compounds attenuate with their half-life over time, their effects peter out to near nothing before "detection time" runs out, but still gives you an idea - as noted above - steroids are not a "short term" thing if you're dealing w/ the more aggressive compounds.

This table gives you an idea of the wide variation in detection times from compound to compound, and you can see the much longer duration of some of these compounds relative to say, anavar or winstrol:

The frequently repeated table: http://www.steroid.com/steroid_detection_times.php

Common compounds used by women for prep:

- winstrol (oral) : 3 weeks
    - anavar: 3 weeks
    - winstrol depot (inject): 2 months
    - proviron (often used as cutter dialing into a show): 5-6 weeks
    - test propionate: 2 weeks
    - primo depot (inject): 4-5 weeks
    - trenbolone acetate: 4-5 months (not "commonly" used, but including it)
    - equipoise (aka EQ) (inject): 4-5 months
    - NPP (inject): 11-12 months

So you can see you're looking at some long durations, depending on what you're using, and compounded by cumulative use.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

RX MEMBER

Me: test cypionate .5 once/wk

Quote Originally Posted by More weight View Post
    Me: test cypionate .5 once/wk

Test Cyp - 3 months
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

RX MEMBER

I just replied privately sassy and thank you for this information. I ran a lot, for too long, in great combination. Orals listed above for much longer than the above written cycle: anavar, whinny, proviron. Injectables, again for much f-ing longer: primo. I'm off now and intend to stay this way as long as possible... supposedly my new voice is incredibly sexy, but I can't deny being disappointed and frustrated in myself and the amount of attention it gets from people who knew me before, and that I cannot sing or yell etc. Par for the course- I'm prepping now for the long-term, a different division, with a new coach who only works with women and is one herself. Thank you for all of the information, and best of luck to the other ladies in the same pool!

FWIW, primo is probably the culprit. Even tho it is frequently considered a "women's drug" and not ultra aggressive, it can still have some very aggressive androgenic sides, including BP increase, hair loss and voice change. Since it does have a sorta reasonably short detection time (5 weeks), if you're still running it or recently just stopped, it's going to be very noticeable right now. GIve it a couple, 3-4 months and I think it will be a lot less of an issue over time.

I also responded to your PM with this, but I think it's a valid point for anyone dealing with this as well - just like the physique results you're looking for from a cycle, when it all comes together and peaks, it's dramatic. Same as the other sides - such as hair & voice (again, esp w/ primo, and even a little more if you throw in some winstrol). But since you have to live w/ that "enhanced" body for a while, the more you fixate on it, the more you're going to be aware of it and stressed by it. For the most part, as the compound(s) clear, the sides clear. As noted above, it can take time, depending on the compound, but generally it all does. The less big deal you make of it, and the more patience you have w/ allowing your body to adapt to the hormone changes, the less you will stress about it. You have to take responsibility for and "own" both the sides & the results when you decide to self-medicate w/ male hormones. It's ignorant to expect anything other than that - so accept that much, and then take an approach of patience - just like the diet & training that goes into a contest prep -- your body can only change so fast in response to the influences you put on it. So be patient w/ your body's ability to change and don't stress about the "finality" of the sides. Yes, women playing w/ male hormones produces big changes - people always think in terms of the androgenic effects that are "visible", but there are many other effects that aren't visible but can be impactful to your body - blood pressure, lipid increases, general stress to your system, mood swings, etc. All of these also need to be given time to recover, and maybe even some support in terms of good supplements to the cycle that people don't think of - this includes the stuff I usually suggest:

- acidophilus / a decent probiotic - as any AAS or SARM (nolva) or AI (adex, a-sin, etc.) can promote yeast infections in women
    - Co-Q10 + Red Yeast Rice, or + Niacin for blood pressure & cholesterol
    - Vit B5 / Pantothenic acid (loaded - like 2-3x the bottle's instructions for a couple of days) to deal w/ those deep nasty hormonal acne breakouts - this works for TTOTM as well
    - Powder Inositol for mood swings

My point - when any of these side effects - visible or otherwise, show up from a cycle, it can feel dramatic, but it generally didnt' just suddenly show up - it's the result of the accumulation of the compound over the duration of your cycle, or just simply from the hormone flux while the compound is establishing a constant level in your body - I draw the comparison to TTOTM to illustrate if you've ever noticed the moodiness or cramps, or acne or whetever else you experience w/ that - it comes, it happens, it settles down. You learn to recognize it, you can maybe take an Advil or something to deal w/ some of it, but for the most part, you know what it is , you just need to ride it out and then get on with your life. Patience w/ the sides, management of the moodiness, not fixating on the fact that you have to deal with it, and just getting on with your life will bring down the drama you feel with it.

Hope that helps some. The effects will be there while they are there (again , ref detection time, half life, compound-specific), but mind over matter - you still have control over how you are going to respond to it. Don't create one more thing to jack up your cortisol while your body is clearing and re-finding it's homeostasis.
    Last edited by sassy69; 09-12-2015 at 01:51 PM.
    ~Jack Lalanne

RX MEMBER

Thank you, Sassy. I am a couple of weeks off of everything, and honestly with your suggestion of focusing less, I am feeling a LOT better, and the physical sides have already dissipated. Patience-- what is that!? I am on it. Labs in a few weeks to see what else is what that I can't see. Thanks again...

Quote Originally Posted by ahfit0517 View Post
    Thank you, Sassy. I am a couple of weeks off of everything, and honestly with your suggestion of focusing less, I am feeling a LOT better, and the physical sides have already dissipated. Patience-- what is that!? I am on it. Labs in a few weeks to see what else is what that I can't see. Thanks again...
    Sounds good!
    ~Jack Lalanne