Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Struggles and happiness of the Globetrotter...and coach...

Hi girls, I walked away some time ago as I could not keep updated my log and also I thought it is time for me to go... so I do not know if you are all still here, but I remember we had great support system here. I was at few boards and I did not found any support like this one, so I am back....

Meanwhile lot of things had changed...I had to move to Canada, I worked a lot of various low level jobs, because nobody recognized my education nor experience - but whatever. I was later able to get a job in fitness equipment store, than I did personal coach a while, but well I had problems with the management. For me it is not easy to start a conversation and the deal was, sales people will get me some clients and clients I want to have extra I have to get on floor.... but I found out while other new coaches have 5-6 clients from sales, I had 2. TWO.... and was told I have low rate of sales on my own...we also had to sell some really shitty nutrition, with high amount of carbs and bad price to active ingredience ratio. No matter I told my clients to go buy some better and cheaper stuff as I wanted them to have results... so we said bye bye each other (me and the gym) soon... than I worked as Allmax nutrition demo sales girl and also in several more stores...Even though these bumps I made it to Arnold classic (people talked me into that at the Olympia) but I got last place, despite I improved what I could. I was really down and pissed so much, because well when you are almost the same with others and they beat you - it is ok, I never complained before, but that year some competitors WAY OFF placed ahead of me and that hurt... In my whole career I still feel this only one show as a disgrace.

To improve my karma I was invited to Jay Cutlers Desert Classic - just 4 weeks later - where I won female bodybuilding and was few points 2nd in women physique...

Later we relocate to USA again, to Las Vegas NV. But we already knew we will have to return back home... so we decided at least once try Arnold Classic, mainly because my man wanted to try it. But we both got a strike of bad luck, he broke his disc first (not herniate, but serious enough) and later I broke my rib and had a small tear in my back muscles... and I soften up a lot in last 2 weeks prior the show, so it was my worst shape in last 4 years... really.

I lost again (funny was I was not last though, I was still able to beat at least 5 other girls) and I lost my membership in the national team. All people counted me out after that and as I knew I am in huge debt as I used my credit card for AC, I knew I have to move back to Czech republic, to city in mountains where I am originally from, I was like - whatever.

But I decided to build my own busines to be not related to place where I was - online coaching and nutrition plans for people. And I really gave all to building this and giving back to my clients. First it was slow - than even nothing for a while, but than I gained some references and in July I had a nice team of 10 competitors. I really wanted to give them all I never had - my time, support, knowledge.. I even offered them I can get them to one bodybuilding magazine, if they will look good, promote them at my site, give them strategy before the show and all...

4 girls were ready to compete in Autumn - and I was happy. I never could imagine training others, seeing their growth and giving them support will fullfil me and make me proud and happy. But than something happen again. We decided to move to England, as situation in my country is really not good in economy way... some clients walked away and than one girl hurt her wrist - I did all to help her, but when she got well, she said she do not want to compete anyway at it is so expensive sport (while she had her new tattoo done - pretty big, what is not a cheap thing and for her, as a bikini competitor, money - I know tattoos like this cost - she could have a nice prep)

Second one had really time consuming job and I told her prep is not easy, she said she has some troubles at home, and needs a break, than her hubby told me she stopped going to the gym....OK, that happens.

Third one did not felt ready and she just - backed away. I thought from all my competitors she has the biggest potencial and was ready to get her to international level, if she will be ready for that. Anyway she is all about watching IFBB Pro girls and top athletes and she could not understand that with metabolism jammed by her former trainer we did what we could offseason, she reshaped while having the SAME weight, what means she did not gain more fat on, and if she will do what I say, she will be ready on in time, with no jammed body (I never wanted my girls to be in over 1hr cardio regime and harsh diet more than 4 weeks if really crucial - because for me their health also matters.... but that also means 8 weeks out my girls may look softer and smoother than some others, who goes 800Kcal and 2 hrs of cardio from the start to the end - but will have way bigger troubles after)...I could not convince her to continue.

So I had one girl in game, she did well. She prepared for the grand-masters natural bikini show (over 40). She lost over 22lbs and her body changed really well, we worked 10 weeks together and I really had a good feeling. 3 weeks prior a show she told me, she want to continue with other coach (who is BTW a "friend" of mine) - who will "get her to the show". She wrote me literaly this: "he thinks I look super now, so he will get me ready for the show as he can see me every day now." - so after I shed 22lbs from her, made her tiny waistline etc. he will take her for 3 last weeks and will make it HIS WORK? Off course she is a client, it is her decision - I am more pissed now to him, because I feel it like he wants to take credit of my job.... I posted her pic on my FB with before and after pic and I wrote it is MY WORK for all common friends to see.... But it broke me down.

I still have 2 girls for Spring now, maybe 3.... but I am really upset. I am starting a new life abroad again, searching for some sales position, and I am in doubts what I did wrong with my career, my clients and all around this sport. I do not see it...really....

Well this is all I wanted to tell. I will update you more with how the stuff goes here than training vids and pisc. I am half to half - one side of me, especially now, when I lost my competitors, wants to quit it all, the other one wants at least once more come in shape, to show 2015 was just a bad year of mine...

Album from 2015
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6755053&type=3

My last client change over 10 weeks. This is the one who quit with me...and this is like 4wk out, now she looks even a bit better...
    Monika2.jpg
    ProNutriFit.com - personal online training and nutrition

TEAM CUTLER, Chem Forum Leader Sandpig's Avatar

Geez, Lada, remind me never to complain about my problems anymore.

So, you guys are in England now? Tell Daniel I said hi.
    CutlerAthletics.com

CutlerNutrition.com

Hey Lada!

Sorry to see you had so many rocky moments throughout the year.
    But glad to see you are okay and back on the board again.

Will you be looking to compete again, or just be a trainer/coach from now on??

Wow - I've relocated across the US a couple of times in the last 4 years, but you're doing whole country moves and a lot of challenges. I wish I had useful advice, but what I can tell you is that your passion and commitment is obvious and that is what shines!

Good to see you on RX!
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpig View Post
    Geez, Lada, remind me never to complain about my problems anymore.

So, you guys are in England now? Tell Daniel I said hi.
    Hi Al,
    yes we are in Southwest England... Daniel wanted somewhere south as England is cold LOL. We are here 4 days, but the neighbourhood is nice though... Daniel says hi...

Quote Originally Posted by Andersen View Post
    Hey Lada!

Sorry to see you had so many rocky moments throughout the year.
    But glad to see you are okay and back on the board again.

Will you be looking to compete again, or just be a trainer/coach from now on??
    I would like to compete again, but in time I will be really ready. Even if it took me several years. Meanwhile I really thought to live trough my girls. I even made them a logo and all... but the lastest developement makes me like ...sigh - still two girls for Spring...

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    Wow - I've relocated across the US a couple of times in the last 4 years, but you're doing whole country moves and a lot of challenges. I wish I had useful advice, but what I can tell you is that your passion and commitment is obvious and that is what shines!

Good to see you on RX!
    Hi Sassy, it is 6x change of country in last 3,5 years... Czech republic / California/ Canada/ Nevada/ Czech republic again and now England... what means always find new food sources - as with limited budget you have to find diferent sources of protein as for example in Canada and England chicken meat is incredibly pricey... in Czech republic Avocado is not ripe and nuts and seeds are expensive, in USA foods are laced with chemicals more than in Europe... so first days you always run around, getting all info. Also you have to find a gym, place to live, work... so yes it is crazy.. not even talking about administrative and visa questions you have to solve - we lost a LOT of money on administrative and visa...

So you are right... I hope we settle down for a while somewhere finally - as it is even hard to compete in this situation. I think I did my best as 2014 was even my best shape to date I think, even though judges let me to lose.

4c.jpg5f.jpg
    3c.jpg8r.jpg8s.jpg

Thanks for your kind words.

I do not think we have ever spoken, so please don't take anything that may come across as harsh as any sort of personal attack.

I think what you are starting to realize is that your passion and love for the sport is not always reciprocated from the "sport of bodybuilding" itself.

You can workout, but sometimes what you give, it just doesn't come back.

Bodybuilding and fitness as a career endeavor is so niche it is almost impossible to actually succeed at it in the long term.

If you do succeed, it's a long, hard road and will take a very very long time for you to see the results.

Maybe it is not the career path for you. Maybe it is. Only you can decide that.

That said, if you just need to vent, we are all here and will certainly be happy to listen.
    Last edited by Tu Holmes; 09-26-2015 at 04:48 PM.

Lada,
    I admire your dedication in attempting to overcome all your hardships. I think this sport presents so many opportunities for growing in all directions and if you don't place where you had hoped, there is the continued development of your inner self and strength that happens, no matter what. I continue to wish you better luck and more success.

Quote Originally Posted by Tu Holmes View Post
    I do not think we have ever spoken, so please don't take anything that may come across as harsh as any sort of personal attack.

I think what you are starting to realize is that your passion and love for the sport is not always reciprocated from the "sport of bodybuilding" itself.

You can workout, but sometimes what you give, it just doesn't come back.

Bodybuilding and fitness as a career endeavor is so niche it is almost impossible to actually succeed at it in the long term.

If you do succeed, it's a long, hard road and will take a very very long time for you to see the results.

Maybe it is not the career path for you. Maybe it is. Only you can decide that.

That said, if you just need to vent, we are all here and will certainly be happy to listen.
    Well - as it is clear you do not know the storyline behind me, I was off this page too long. But well - I am not 16 and not waiting I will be a Pro with contracts and shit... I am 36 and I do this sport since 16 and I never had a sponsor, a trainer or anything, believe me I know what it means to give all and get nothing... but this is rather about how people are... about their loyality what got me down right now, when I finally decided to switch my career from athlete to coach and give something back....

I do think there is way more coaches up there, who has less than 20 years in the sport, 18 years of competing and struggle with quite bad thyroid disease under their belt - they could share with their clients.... And they do make a living from it. Do not mix it up... I do not want to live from bodybuilding only...I do think I am realistic, down to earth person.

But I was really pissed by someone in fact stealing my work I did (and believe me I was in touch with that last girl almost every day, changing and setting new training or nutrition for her almost every week as it is what I felt competitors need)... that is all. But also it is true I can not let this out on my facebook where I do have other clients. I have to stay above the thing, wish her and him good luck and let it be...

Quote Originally Posted by baby muscle View Post
    Lada,
    I admire your dedication in attempting to overcome all your hardships. I think this sport presents so many opportunities for growing in all directions and if you don't place where you had hoped, there is the continued development of your inner self and strength that happens, no matter what. I continue to wish you better luck and more success.
    Thanks a lot, I hope this is just a temporary thing... and I will jump back to saddle soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    Well - as it is clear you do not know the storyline behind me, I was off this page too long. But well - I am not 16 and not waiting I will be a Pro with contracts and shit... I am 36 and I do this sport since 16 and I never had a sponsor, a trainer or anything, believe me I know what it means to give all and get nothing... but this is rather about how people are... about their loyality what got me down right now, when I finally decided to switch my career from athlete to coach and give something back....

I do think there is way more coaches up there, who has less than 20 years in the sport, 18 years of competing and struggle with quite bad thyroid disease under their belt - they could share with their clients.... And they do make a living from it. Do not mix it up... I do not want to live from bodybuilding only...I do think I am realistic, down to earth person.

But I was really pissed by someone in fact stealing my work I did (and believe me I was in touch with that last girl almost every day, changing and setting new training or nutrition for her almost every week as it is what I felt competitors need)... that is all. But also it is true I can not let this out on my facebook where I do have other clients. I have to stay above the thing, wish her and him good luck and let it be...

Thanks a lot, I hope this is just a temporary thing... and I will jump back to saddle soon...
    Absolutely would be extremely pissed if someone basically stole from me like that.

I certainly hope you succeed in all of your endeavors and as I said, vent away.

That's what we are here for.

If you need someone's ass kicked I'm sure we can do that too.

PS: no offense taken, just explaining - I am very pragmatic even though emotional person and definitely not a girl who would play that "I am offended"game

And for my older friends here - well all was not just bad... it was a hella ride past 3,5 years, full of some crazy shit

I had bad to none internet sometimes so here are pics:
    Me living in California in Venice... that was HUGE:

Me living north in Vancouver, Canada (best shushi I had EVER) :

And finally me living 5 months in Vegas, Nevada : (second half of the album as I used to be there pretty often )
    Last edited by Bronwyn; 09-26-2015 at 08:35 PM.

As I don't know and am interested in knowing the entire story, this is how we generate dialog.

Thanks for not being offended.

Ok, I am trying to find a job now, that is crucial for us, looks like till that time I will be not able to train in the gym as we did not have more money as accomodation prices are higher than expected... So even a cheap membership is not possible for me at the moment. So I will stick with training with the expander on a hotel room.

Job agencies started to give me the "not valid qualification"shit again what made me cry today... I mean I was dealing with this all the time abroad. They will not take you to low position jobs, because you have too high qualification (I have masters from International relations and 8 years in higher positions administrative) but they will not hire you for high position jobs because your qualification is not valid in their country... this is really pissing me off past 3,5 years and that is also why I decided to work online as a coach to create something where I would be not dependant on qualifications...

But last weeks were super slow, only one new client enrolled with me, one time plan - nutrition. I can not charge people from my country (with minimal salary 290 USD/month and average around 500-600/month ) the same price as coach in USA, so it is around 35 USD per this kind of plan and that is weak....I am convincing myself to not get a panic attack and continue...

plus I got a tonsilitis right away in English weather....so my throat is sore and I am sneezing all day.

Still I pushed it to maximum when I was at home for 10 past weeks, so some muscles are stil holding on...I hope training at home will keep them and if I will be able to hit the gym in the future I will regain it all back...

z.jpgi.jpg

One of my clients from past three months, this is what is driving me forward... she lost over 22lbs even though she had night and day 12hr shifts.. :

M.jpg

Lada, I said it on my thread and I'll say it again here: it is sooooo great to have you back!

Those of you who don't know Lada very well, she and her man Daniel are awesome people who would give you the shirts off their backs. Lada is a warrior like no other!

You've definitely had a bumpy several years and I'm proud of you for all you've accomplished in spite of all the setbacks. Particularly with the coaching! I myself would have given up long ago.

I remember a time when you were training at home in the Czech republic years ago and you made it work then, so I don't doubt you'll make it happen again. And good grief your arms look super!

Looking forward to following along on the next leg of your journey! (And here to give you all the cyber support you can stand LOL)
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

Well and few more posts about my recent past as you can see it will take time to dig myself out of that hole I am in now - those 5 months in Vegas were great... I loved the weather... and till I broke my rib all went OK with my prep for Arnold too.

Few pics>

One day prior the show...I was supposed to go both figure masters and physique but I was told I can not do that (last year several women did)... so I decided for physique. Bad move. But more fun with posing though.

pokles formy2.jpg

Last three weeks prior the show (after I slipped and broke that rib, I still trained, but I had to be carefull about the core, and I could not stabilize heavy free weight exercise)...

boky.jpg

On stage April 2015...my tan wear completely off backstage, I am alergic to almost everything and I sometimes really think what to use if I will return in the future (if so)

normal_DSC07163D.jpgnormal_DSC07167nnn.jpg

Than we had to spare some money, so we did not trained for a while and enjoyed some food which is not in Europe as AYCE buffets and poptarts and Reeses So I lost it all, after my return home, the only way up from depression was to train and I tried to return back to heavy weights as I realized physique is now in Europe just another bodybuilding so instead keeping it small I have to grow up again, especially upper body....

In next 3 months I rised all my lifts to almost maxmimum, benchpress from 50 to 80kg, bent over rows from 20kg dumbells to 35kg dumbells and from 45kg rows back to 75kg rows... and legpress from 160kg to 300kg...for 10... so it was at least something positive. I had changed like this, last picture is how I do look now approximatelly... I weight around 154/158lbs>

kveten-srpen.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    Lada, I said it on my thread and I'll say it again here: it is sooooo great to have you back!

Those of you who don't know Lada very well, she and her man Daniel are awesome people who would give you the shirts off their backs. Lada is a warrior like no other!

You've definitely had a bumpy several years and I'm proud of you for all you've accomplished in spite of all the setbacks. Particularly with the coaching! I myself would have given up long ago.

I remember a time when you were training at home in the Czech republic years ago and you made it work then, so I don't doubt you'll make it happen again. And good grief your arms look super!

Looking forward to following along on the next leg of your journey! (And here to give you all the cyber support you can stand LOL)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast