RX MEMBER

Talking My journey to my dream! - Ulthar91

Hello girls! I'm new here and I decided to do a training log (thanks to baby muscle for convincing me!). I'm from Italy (sorry for my english) and I'm 24 years old. I've started at the gym in April 2013 on the advice of my nutritionist because I was too undeweight (I didn't have my period for two years). I met my actual coach who introduced me into bodybuilding and I've started to train hard. Reached the normal weight, in September 2014 I've started with a bulking diet made by my nutritionist but it was too high in carbs (40% cho, 30% pro, 30% fat) so I putted too bodyfat on legs and glutes and my cellulite it has no improved (unfortunately, cellulite is my "genetic defect", even when I was underweight and I take the birth control pill due to the PCOS wich causes me acne and abdominal pain). In June 2015 I should start a cutting diet made by my coach but I injured (pec strain and shoulder impingment) so I couldn't start the diet and I began the training with the physiotherapist for two months, he made me train to improve the back and posterior delts. Once I healed from the injury, my coach put me on diet so my cellulite improved, but it wasn't the diet I should have do because I was unmotivated for the injury... Until now I've working out 5 times a week, tomorrow I'll start a new training/diet program entrusting myself completely to my coach. The new training is based on 3 consecutive days of working out + 1 rest day + 3 consecutive days of working out etc... Regarding the diet, it will be a sort of paleo but with low carbs and a cheat meal a week (on sunday). The goal is put on more muscles but not fat!
    My goal is a competition in 3 years, I think in the Bikini division. My dream is to compete as a Bodyfitness/Figure one day.
    I'm natural and I account to remain so for another 3-4 years, but I'm here to learn about how a body works with chemistry too.
    My weak points are legs and shoulder, so this year my goal is improve them.
    This is me, I restart from here!

I hope I haven't bored you! Tomorrow I'll post the new training program!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulthar91 View Post
    Hello girls! I'm new here and I decided to do a training log (thanks to baby muscle for convincing me!). I'm from Italy (sorry for my english) and I'm 24 years old. I've started at the gym in April 2013 on the advice of my nutritionist because I was too undeweight (I didn't have my period for two years). I met my actual coach who introduced me into bodybuilding and I've started to train hard. Reached the normal weight, in September 2014 I've started with a bulking diet made by my nutritionist but it was too high in carbs (40% cho, 30% pro, 30% fat) so I putted too bodyfat on legs and glutes and my cellulite it has no improved (unfortunately, cellulite is my "genetic defect", even when I was underweight and I take the birth control pill due to the PCOS wich causes me acne and abdominal pain). In June 2015 I should start a cutting diet made by my coach but I injured (pec strain and shoulder impingment) so I couldn't start the diet and I began the training with the physiotherapist for two months, he made me train to improve the back and posterior delts. Once I healed from the injury, my coach put me on diet so my cellulite improved, but it wasn't the diet I should have do because I was unmotivated for the injury... Until now I've working out 5 times a week, tomorrow I'll start a new training/diet program entrusting myself completely to my coach. The new training is based on 3 consecutive days of working out + 1 rest day + 3 consecutive days of working out etc... Regarding the diet, it will be a sort of paleo but with low carbs and a cheat meal a week (on sunday). The goal is put on more muscles but not fat!
    My goal is a competition in 3 years, I think in the Bikini division. My dream is to compete as a Bodyfitness/Figure one day.
    I'm natural and I account to remain so for another 3-4 years, but I'm here to learn about how a body works with chemistry too.
    My weak points are legs and shoulder, so this year my goal is improve them.
    This is me, I restart from here!

I hope I haven't bored you! Tomorrow I'll post the new training program!
    It is NOT boring at all, this is the nature of training journals. You have made great strides and progress, in spite of some illnesses and injuries. Cellulite is a result of your genetics and just being a woman, some of us have more than others, I wouldn't worry too much over it. The more muscle (lean body mass) you keep gaining, the less frustrating it may be when you try to diet down for your first show, as it is easier to stay leaner with more muscle. Good luck!

Welcome! I'm glad you decided to start a journal here!

Agree with everything baby muscle said: not boring at all, and you have made some beautiful progress! Don't worry at all about the cellulite. I have the same issue. I have to get below 8% bodyfat before it completely goes away. I tell myself next time I have to remember to pick the right parents, haha!

Looking forward to following you on your journey!
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

RX MEMBER

Thanks baby muscle and sunnyday!
    @sunnyday: 8%? Really low bf! My minimum was 12%... the next time I'll cut I have to reach 8% bf too! This relieves me...
    LOL my parents haven't cellulite!!! My mom, now that is fatty, has a little... but when she was younger not at all! I take the birth control pill for pcos and it doesn't help

Thanks baby muscle and sunnyday!
    @sunnyday: 8%? Really low bf! My minimum was 12%... the next time I'll cut I have to reach 8% bf too! This relieves me...
    LOL my parents haven't cellulite!!! My mom, now that is fatty, has a little... but when she was younger not at all! I take the birth control pill for pcos and it doesn't help
    I take birth control for pcos and endometriosis so yes that seems to make the cellulite worse I think. Really, try not to worry about cellulite or the bf % right now and just focus on following EXACTLY what your coach/nutritionist tells you to do and you will get the look you want.
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyday View Post
    I take birth control for pcos and endometriosis so yes that seems to make the cellulite worse I think. Really, try not to worry about cellulite or the bf % right now and just focus on following EXACTLY what your coach/nutritionist tells you to do and you will get the look you want.
    It's a pleasure knowning someone who has the mine own problems! What about your diet? Do you have a cheat meal during the week? Is it a problem for cellulite?
    Yes I'll follow what my coach tells me

RX MEMBER

Didn't have the time yesterday to post my new workout
    Anyway, I started the new workout program and diet yesterday with a great legs workout! Today I trained Back and Biceps:
    BACK
    cable pullover lying on bench 2x15
    2x tri-set lat machine (15), lat machine behind head (10), reverse lat machine (6)
    row dumbells 90° 2x12
    Pulley 12 10 8
    2x supersets high pulley (8) + deadlift (5)

BICEPS
    3x tri-set barbell curl (10), dumbells curl bench 30° (10), hammer curl (10)
    biceps at lat machine 2x8
    barbell curl 2x10
    curl cable lying 2x7+7+7

Really love this workout!
    The diet is for my problems with cellulite on glutes and to improve my muscle's quality. Less protein and carbs respect the old bulking diet

The biggest thing about getting to your goals is just following the program and having faith in it. A lot of the things we don't like about our bodies take a while to disappear. It is also important to not start panicking when you don't see the results you want when YOU want them - they will come when your body is ready to get there. Women particularly freak out when they see their upper bodies leaning out, but the bottom half isn't going at the same rate - it's all about how your fat cells are concentrated around your body - women tend to have more fat cells around the thighs / butt / waist as a part of the "survival mechanism" that estrogen drives - basically it's padding & "energy reserve" stored to help a fetus be carried safely. That's the female primary purpose if you strip things way down to the basics. So when we're not trying to continue the survival of the human species (i.e. have babies), we still get to deal w/ the bodyfat.

So as mentioned above - focus less on the cellulite and the "issues" - have patience, stick w/ your diet / training / cardio, and just keep sticking to it. The changes will come. Remember that when you're trying to prepare for a competition, you're battling everything that is natural about the body and its "survival" mechanisms. It all comes, particularly when you STOP looking for the changes and just focus on the process.
    "The only way you can hurt the body is not use it. Inactivity is the killer and, remember, it's never too late."
    ~Jack Lalanne

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
    The biggest thing about getting to your goals is just following the program and having faith in it. A lot of the things we don't like about our bodies take a while to disappear. It is also important to not start panicking when you don't see the results you want when YOU want them - they will come when your body is ready to get there. Women particularly freak out when they see their upper bodies leaning out, but the bottom half isn't going at the same rate - it's all about how your fat cells are concentrated around your body - women tend to have more fat cells around the thighs / butt / waist as a part of the "survival mechanism" that estrogen drives - basically it's padding & "energy reserve" stored to help a fetus be carried safely. That's the female primary purpose if you strip things way down to the basics. So when we're not trying to continue the survival of the human species (i.e. have babies), we still get to deal w/ the bodyfat.

So as mentioned above - focus less on the cellulite and the "issues" - have patience, stick w/ your diet / training / cardio, and just keep sticking to it. The changes will come. Remember that when you're trying to prepare for a competition, you're battling everything that is natural about the body and its "survival" mechanisms. It all comes, particularly when you STOP looking for the changes and just focus on the process.
    You're right! Patience is the key... I'll be patient and I'll focus on my training, results will come out! I'm very motivated and this is a good point.
    I'm lucky because I don't lose muscles on the upper body when I'm in an ipocaloric diet, and my legs "deflate" immediately, even if remain stubborn bodyfat on them... I'll work to improve this point!

You're right! Patience is the key... I'll be patient and I'll focus on my training, results will come out! I'm very motivated and this is a good point.
    I'm lucky because I don't lose muscles on the upper body when I'm in an ipocaloric diet, and my legs "deflate" immediately, even if remain stubborn bodyfat on them... I'll work to improve this point!
    Great attitude that you're focusing on the positives! We all have a few points of contention in our bodies. Glad you loved your back/bi workout.