Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Default What Is Our RX Community Lacking?

As far as I'm concerned, RX has a unique and popular perspective on the sport and lifestyle of bodybuilding. I know I've been gone for a while, but when I left things were banging. I felt part of a momentum that had nothing but power. Dave and I broke away and took off and so many of you came with us. Why did the power boom slow down? Why doesn't RX have members in the millions like Bodybuilding.com? Why is that when I post an article on T-Nation it gets 250,000 hits in the first 12 hours and here I can't break 1,000 all week? Where is everybody? Why isn't this community the number one bodybuilding and fitness destination on the web? I want your opinions because my goal is to take us there....
    "...The only thing i love more than athletes getting paid is the fact that it's not us who's paying them..."
    "Hardcore is Dirty"

I was one of those who came over with the originals...it has not felt the same in a while...what's different? well...

-contest coverage: this used to be THE place to come to for national and pro level show coverage
    -posters: not just the posters who love to train but also the competitors (npc and ifbb)
    -content: the addition of you, Romano, and the exorcism of the duck has already started a small, positive momentum...to see well written thought pieces such as what you just posted is BEYOND a breath of fresh air around here
    -discussion: some topics can really take off but lately the discussion of anything has been lacking...before we had discussions on bodybuilding, health, science, politics, sports, etc...that well-roundedness led to a more diverse board membership and to a larger community
    -cliques: ok so that one sounds weird but there was definitely a "crew" feeling to the duo of you and Dave and the original combo of mods and FLs that we had...was it all perfect? of course not...but so many of us that came over originally had the same goal which was to support a board started by Dave and John who shared the same passion for bodybuilding in all its forms and divisions (and, of course, to "stick it to Blechman )

what is working? a lot of the post-show coverage that we are getting is fantastic-Johnny Styles was an excellent acquisition to the media side of things...and when we have that coverage the in the moment posting we love so much is wonderful

When I think back to what made me happiest it was when most forums were active and everyone was active and posting-everything from training to sports to politics were hot topics and visited by a wide array of posters-the mods and FLs had a passion for the board and there were many of us to spread the workload around-I see Curt and Mac on here so much and think man, they have their hands full even with the lack of traffic! I miss the team aspect from back in the day and I honestly do miss being a part of this board like I once was

I'm sure I could think of more but it'll probably come to me around 4am for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by John Romano View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, RX has a unique and popular perspective on the sport and lifestyle of bodybuilding. I know I've been gone for a while, but when I left things were banging. I felt part of a momentum that had nothing but power. Dave and I broke away and took off and so many of you came with us. Why did the power boom slow down? Why doesn't RX have members in the millions like Bodybuilding.com? Why is that when I post an article on T-Nation it gets 250,000 hits in the first 12 hours and here I can't break 1,000 all week? Where is everybody? Why isn't this community the number one bodybuilding and fitness destination on the web? I want your opinions because my goal is to take us there....
    What's it lacking?? As one of those who also broke away when Gymdiva did I'd echo everything that she said, but she left out one important detail: The Whack Pack. BRING IT BACK, JOHN!!! That and "After Hours," if possible. I miss you driving Diego crazy by asking, "Where's the food??"
    Last edited by Femphysiquefan; 09-28-2015 at 02:08 AM.

People left during to the lack of "truth" for a website having that as a banner there is very little truth here. too much focus on pleasing the higher powers

also some key figures left/got fired, people didnt like that move and followed, you know who Im talking about. but cant do anything about that now, just pointing it out as a reason
    Last edited by tweedk; 09-28-2015 at 02:28 AM.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Femphysiquefan View Post
    What's it lacking?? As one of those who also broke away when Gymdiva did I'd echo everything that she said, but she left out one important detail: The Whack Pack. BRING IT BACK, JOHN!!! That and "After Hours," if possible. I miss you driving Diego crazy by asking, "Where's the food??"
    I'll third ~gymdiva~'s comments, second Femphysiquefan, and add:

-Bros v Pros events. Always fun.
    -Training seminar events. I've attended two of Dave's Q&A Sessions at the Apollon Gym. Great times!
    -Meet and greets or any opportunity for members to interact in person. Food eating contests, etc.
    -Chem section discussion. Big draw.
    -Off Season/Contest Prep Support thread revival: http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthrea...o-get-feedback
    -Respectful debate and humor. How much do I miss Big Barry?

Glad you're back, John. Looking forward to more Romano!

RX MEMBER

I've only been a member here a short time, lurking much longer - but I was always interested in RX because it had a raw/no bullshit attitude to everything. It asked the hard questions that most in the industry (cough cough Chick*) ignore and pretend is all a figment of the fans imagination.

For me, Romano back in the fold is a big step in the right direction - between him and Dave they can make bodybuilding kick ass again. Because, quite frankly, this years Olympia and the current physiques and personalities in the sport make women's badminton a more attractive spectator sport.

Ps get the unknown and up and coming body builders back on The Iron Asylum, and step up the contest coverage of you can!

I know we had a big big exodus when the forums were hit with the viruses and many people never came back for that simple reason.

TEAM CUTLER, Chem Forum Leader Sandpig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I know we had a big big exodus when the forums were hit with the viruses and many people never came back for that simple reason.
    With all the BS that has happened, I'll agree this is the number one reason.
    CutlerAthletics.com

CutlerNutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpig View Post
    With all the BS that has happened, I'll agree this is the number one reason.
    And I sincerely think the spread of it was a malicious effort too, but no real evidence only some very suspicious posts with the virus payloads in links disguised as pictures.

An app...

Not like tapatalk for forums. But an app where we can
    1. Shop for supplements
    2. Access the forums
    3. Access the videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John that's a great initiative to take the time and ask the right questions!
    That's the only way to understand the current state of an entity and to see how we can improve things.

I will present what I personally think are the strong points of Rx :
    - Contest coverage => The Chris Aceto and Dave alchemy just works wonder.
    - The shows : Heavy muscle radio, Iron Debate, Heavy Muscle TV etc are really incredible.
    - The mods : They are really awesome there and I don't do ass kissing I sincerely mean it

That being said John, it's not an appreciation thread, and since you're looking for Rx muscle drawbacks or what's lacking to be a hugely hitted website I will give my honest raw opinion about certain stuff.

1) The website form in itself => Odd black color, with green and obsolete format. It does not like a website. Actually I think the same about Species packaging, it was horrible, it's a little better now. The thing is Dave sells GREAT GREAT quality products just to name a few : His multi mineral and vitamins (all chelated) and his omegalyze product are just the best. However the packaging does not lure people into buying them, nor the website where they are presented. People don't wan't mainstream, but they like classy packaging that looks expensive especially if what they are looking for is not cheap. It's the same with Rx muscle the content within rx muscle is Dom Perignon like but the glass is not baccarat Christal but it's plastic. It does not bring a lot of people just by the look of it. I'm used to and I don't care since I'm here for the atmosphere of the forum and the knowledge/ amusement that Chris and Dave drop in every shows.

2) Once you solve the 1st problem, if you want people to visit and partake to Rx muscle, the site needs more visibility and click bait stuff. You know in Huge Facebook/social media pages. Link of Rx muscle to click on that is appealing and return people on our site. "Come at me bro". The more visibility/click the better. People will stick eventually seeing that Rx muscle relentlessly brought the best content. But they need to see it.

3) Fresh blood
    The New generation young guys, are like always on social media and their computer (which might be a bad things but that's not our concern there ). We need to bait them, maybe have some videos with Mens physique guys that inspire other young people to come here. Or controversial people that will bring a huge following to Rx muscle and therefore huge sponsors/ money. Is it easy? NO. Is it feasible I think so.

There might be other issues but I didn't thought about it enough as of now. There might be a lot of others remedies to the site as well.
    David Cua also called Donald Pump known for "making bodybuilding great again" !

Quote Originally Posted by eman View Post
    An app...

Not like tapatalk for forums. But an app where we can
    1. Shop for supplements
    2. Access the forums
    3. Access the videos.

Damn... great minds.

How many of you use a mobile device to access RXMuscle? I bet a lot.

RX is not very mobile friendly! I know they're working on it but this is a BIG thing to get traffic back to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post

Or controversial people that will bring a huge following to Rx muscle and therefore huge sponsors/ money. Is it easy? NO. Is it feasible I think so.
    Excellent ideas David. We need those with thick skin too!

I use one! All these damned doctors long waiting rooms, I just sit my ass down and cruise RX!
    Last edited by Mac; 09-28-2015 at 07:23 AM. Reason: Sorry, I hit the wrong button :( and somehow edited your post.

Quote Originally Posted by baby muscle View Post
    I use one! All these damned doctors long waiting rooms, I just sit my ass down and cruise RX!
    And I bet it's not the easiest thing to do. A lot of scrolling, pinching and zooming to see the right content?

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast