Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Goodrum View Post
    That's very touching, John, but I know that you likely have some other motive in mind or reason for you "making peace" with Manion and the IFBB. But that's none of my business and I have better things to do than to investigate what gears are winding around in your head.

BTW...Mel Chancey saving a man's life from your wrath......chuckle. Sorry but I gotta hit you up with this.

Wow... You really have perfected being an asshole. Good job. At least you've done one thing right.
    And BTW: you seem to forget I save your life, right after Derek Anthony spit in your face, called you a "porch monkey" and was set to cave in your face until I pulled him off you. And you can check with Mel regarding my incident. There were many witnesses. Regarding anything else you profess "to know," no one, especially me, gives a shit.

I hope this helps....
    "...The only thing i love more than athletes getting paid is the fact that it's not us who's paying them..."
    "Hardcore is Dirty"

Quote Originally Posted by John Romano View Post
    I hope this helps....

Psst... Wrong forum, John.

Well, giving Romano a little tease isn't going to hurt his feelings. Besides, I have other matters to deal with a few people who are basically bullshitting people out of their hard earned money recently along with basically telling people to go fuck themselves. Not looking forward to it but it is what it is.
    first sentence I got....wtf is the rest of the post? what hard earned money, where?

and for the record, I fucking hate, "it is what it is"-no fuck that-that's a cop out for all sorts of things

Quote Originally Posted by Musclepapa John View Post
    That's what I was looking for.
    I think you can do even better though at distinguishing the values of the NPC & IFBB than you have here.

Your wife is a fine example of many in the sport who are professionals in other walks of life. First and foremost competitors can use the stage as a platform (DLB is good example) for their own promotions of....whatever. One of the area female bodybuilders told me years ago she returned to the stage basically to remind her muscle worship clientele she was alive and ready to book another session. Whether you are pimping this product or that as a brand ambassador or making bank sitting on your ass between workouts and meals vying for big bucks at the olympia.....the NPC & IFBB is where its at.

I deleted you from facebook back then as I'm sure many others did not wanting that bad vibe to rub off. Seems this is a time when the leadership rightfully has to question the loyalty of everyone regardless of what comes out of their mouth. Digging deep in the well of communications skill you have I believe you can do some serious good for this site and the NPC and IFBB.

You didn't address the press access
    I didn't address that stuff because it wasn't in the first question, which I answered before I read your translation of your OP.

There is no argument, love them or hate them, the IFBB/NPC is the biggest, most respected, most valued and most revered organization supporting our "sport." If you're goal is competing among the best, then there is simply no where else to go. That's and undeniable, bonafide, measurable, verifiable fact. And that's what I told my wife when she decided to compete.

As far as press passes go, I really don't want them. I have no interest sitting in the pit next to Steve Blechman, or anyone else I may not care for at the moment. The last several shows I've attended, including those where my wife competed, I have sat in the audience among the fans and have had a better time than I've ever had in the press pit. I would much rather be among our members an fans, i.e., other bodybuilders, than anyone else. That's not say that I'm not afforded certain considerations; I've been let back stage, I've been comped tickets, and in general have been very well received by 99% of everyone involved, especially the promotors. My beef with the powers that be was partly misunderstanding, partly over reaction on both parts and partly just impetuous on my part, not to mention stupid. It may never return to where it was. The important things to me are that my old friend Jim Manion knows my loyalty always was and always will be to him and that I'm back t RX doing what I love - not need - to do.
    "...The only thing i love more than athletes getting paid is the fact that it's not us who's paying them..."
    "Hardcore is Dirty"

Goodrum must find it difficult to locate a telephone booth nowadays in which to change into his alter ego costume. It's off to save the word with truth, justice and the American way.

OLYMPIAN

My beef with the powers that be was partly misunderstanding, partly over reaction on both parts and partly just impetuous on my part, not to mention stupid. It may never return to where it was. The important things to me are that my old friend Jim Manion knows my loyalty always was and always will be to him and that I'm back t RX doing what I love - not need - to do.
    Good stuff! Thank you again.

Wow... You really have perfected being an asshole. Good job. At least you've done one thing right.
    And BTW: you seem to forget I save your life, right after Derek Anthony spit in your face, called you a "porch monkey" and was set to cave in your face until I pulled him off you. And you can check with Mel regarding my incident. There were many witnesses. Regarding anything else you profess "to know," no one, especially me, gives a shit.

I hope this helps....
    You know...Derek told me later on how you got him all riled up up to get in my face and I honestly should have kept the promo between me and Billy Guns. I already knew that Derek was never going to take a swing at me and since I needed that money, I had no time to get into an expo brawl. I had deliveries to make that day, pal. Shame that he never took our advice or he'd be alive today calling me sugar tits and watching the Yankees.

As far as being an asshole....yea, I suppose I am but at least I'm an honest one. No-one will ever accuse me of hiding my feelings or being fake to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by juggies View Post
    Now he's riding the Manion meat train hard. How times change..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Apparently reading is not one of your talents
    "Hardcore is Dirty"

Quote Originally Posted by ~gymdiva~ View Post
    I liked her suit-who made it?

I'll asker who made it. I forgot. She stoned it herself though.....
    "Hardcore is Dirty"

As far as being an asshole....yea, I suppose I am but at least I'm an honest one. No-one will ever accuse me of hiding my feelings or being fake to anyone.
    Yeah, well, you just negated that last statement. Your recount of the incident is totally false.
    Last edited by ~gymdiva~; 10-07-2015 at 10:15 PM. Reason: fixed your quote tag
    "Hardcore is Dirty"

Yeah, well, you just negated that last statement. Your recount of the incident is totally false.

My memory is fine. I recall him storming over to me and getting in my face yelling and screaming like a maniac. Honestly, I've only seen that behavior one other time and that was from a guy in intake that I was trying to book in who was on some PCP. I am curious as to what you told him after I left the Lux that night that got him so riled up. Derek never elaborated what exactly you told him, but it really doesn't matter. Your assessment of "saving my life" is ridiculous. I used to be a correctional officer so I would have had no problem taking care of D.A. But like I said before, I needed money and I had business to take care of that day.

lol this is fucking gold. It's like a bad episode of jerry springer.

My memory is fine. I recall him storming over to me and getting in my face yelling and screaming like a maniac. Honestly, I've only seen that behavior one other time and that was from a guy in intake that I was trying to book in who was on some PCP. I am curious as to what you told him after I left the Lux that night that got him so riled up. Derek never elaborated what exactly you told him, but it really doesn't matter. Your assessment of "saving my life" is ridiculous. I used to be a correctional officer so I would have had no problem taking care of D.A. But like I said before, I needed money and I had business to take care of that day.

that will cause the epic meltdown Romano was looking for

OLYMPIAN

Lol, yeah I'm sure (not!).
    However, the point was related to his missing his association with people in the industry. Even if he intended to only refer to "friends" versus "people in the industry" the result was the same...people distancing themselves including Palumbo at RxMuscle.
    Obviously, he second guessed a lot of friendships in light of all that turmoil over loyalties. One would expect loyalties and people's intentions are a major concern these days too.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Oh shit, you deleted him from FB? One can only imagine the sleepless nights it caused him.

well this is going splendidly...I foresee a moving to the Black Hole before too long....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast