Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    RX MEMBER

I wouldn't doubt if he turns the whole thing into a bikini and physique league altogether... There are so many in that category alone to keep him a float. What bodybuilder has he promoted.. He is smart he sees the cash cow

The Fitness View Carolyn Bryant's Avatar

This is hysterical!! I'm still stuck on her saying something like he is the type of guy if you don't do what he says or if you cross him he will make you pay. Really?? Is that not the way it works everywhere? Is this really newsworthy to talk to competitors who have been involved with state chairs/promoters? If so, interview them, too. There are others who were in similar situations, who have been in hiding due to threats. The list of bitter athletes who just stopped competing or have been blackballed for speaking out against injustices dates back so far and is so long we could build a road to mars. Why not call all of his ex-wives and girlfriends and concubines and let's get more details. Somebody somewhere thought he was wonderful. And somebody still does. Her name is Jen.
    "If it makes my arse tight and my face bite then I don't want it!" Over 40-Fitness is Fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    John Rx isn't one sided BUT in order to stay in the good graces of the IFBB you guys CANT be critical of them. What Lee did was wrong and probably should have gone to jail for domestic abuse, nobody is denying that at all. What most people want to know is that all this stuff about him comes out AFTER he leaves the IFBB and are we to believe that nobody in the IFBB knew he was this out of control until now? As far as Cedric, why did Lee have the final say if Cedric competed? Did anyone ask Arnold or Lorimer? Its their show and I think that if Arnold wanted him to compete, his word would trump Thompson's. One more thing about Stacy's interview, she said she left her kids to "test the waters" so to speak and live with Lee then he changed for the worst. Then why the fuck would you move your kids into that situation if you knew he was fucked up? Ive heard she was addicted to pills (not sure how true that was), but as a former addict, two addicts in a relationship is TOXIC and is no place for kids to be!

When Lee called promoters to tell them she couldn't work at NPC events, they didn't question it at all, just followed what he said? Gaspari dropped her bc of what he said? What's that say about Gaspari?
    Nope. As Dave so gracefully took credit for the Classic Bodybuilding division, I was one of the ones who said you need to put your dog on a leash. Tell em' Dave what happened after that.
    "If it makes my arse tight and my face bite then I don't want it!" Over 40-Fitness is Fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Bryant View Post
    Nope. As Dave so gracefully took credit for the Classic Bodybuilding division, I was one of the ones who said you need to put your dog on a leash. Tell em' Dave what happened after that.
    PREACH Carolyn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When you're in a hole, stop digging!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpig View Post
    This is one hell of a thread
    I don't have a popcorn smiley on my phone
    iOS 9.1 🍿
    (hopefully you can see that)

Quote Originally Posted by swingslammer View Post
    Thanks for the link Joe...I will watch it soon and give my opinion.
    eh, we're good

TEAM CUTLER, Chem Forum Leader Sandpig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~gymdiva~ View Post
    iOS 9.1 
    (hopefully you can see that)
    No, not even on my pc.
    CutlerAthletics.com

CutlerNutrition.com

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    Joe, sure, they were all asked or directed to do the vids. Did you see the Kai Greene one? Watch to the very end after they thought the filming had stopped. RS's demeanor changed entirely.

That doesn't, however, make any of it pathetic, though.

Meh.

I don't see Nspire making much of a dent. Curious about compensation for that specific group of athletes who'll qualify for revenue sharing, but am not that worked up about the news overall.
    Kai's video was a total joke and Gregg V made a video comparing it to an ISIS one.

That, too, was pathetic IMO. Not saying I'm right, but that's just my take on it.

The fact that these guys and girls were put on the spot to talk complete bullshit is pretty telling in itself and confirms that Thompson's move made an impact on their strategy.

I can explain the compensation thing to you right away - the pros competing in NSL will have an opt-in where they can elect to be involved in the revenue sharing for their likenesses being used to promote the shows and the league. There will be a 'counter' of sorts on the website showing the total tally. The pros that take the opt-in have to be exclusive to NSL. The ones that do not can compete anywhere and they, too, receive a percentage of the gate at that particular show they compete in.

Managing Dir., Rx Muscle Forums Curt James's Avatar
    Big Jeff's Family Restaurant, 815 Fremont Ave, South Pasadena, CA

"The ones that do not [opt-in] can compete anywhere and they, too, receive a percentage of the gate at that particular show they compete in."

I knew all the rest but that part above from your one article.

But I meant I'm curious to know how much the athletes will actually see. Numbers can be juggled or fudged.

McMahon's money was eventually revealed. Those athletes made some serious cash. I don't see anyone being seriously paid by this venture.

Except maybe Thompson, on the back of athletes paying to enter his shows. Where's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt James View Post
    "The ones that do not [opt-in] can compete anywhere and they, too, receive a percentage of the gate at that particular show they compete in."

I knew all the rest but that part above from your one article.

But I meant I'm curious to know how much the athletes will actually see. Numbers can be juggled or fudged.

McMahon's money was eventually revealed. Those athletes made some serious cash. I don't see anyone being seriously paid by this venture.

Except maybe Thompson, on the back of athletes paying to enter his shows. Where's the difference?
    I suppose that the amounts will all depend on the traffic to the site, clicks on the images and attendance at the shows. There will not be a salary paid like McMahon did. But this is more than they are getting now, which is zero. (The magazine and supplement contracts differ from the shows.)

Will these competitors become rich from this? I doubt it, but that's the same situation with the NPC/IFBB. The serious money comes from the sponsors and having their own brand, which can still be the case if they compete elsewhere. (Here comes the 'they'll be blackballed if they do and their sponsors will be forced to drop them' reply - which again speaks volumes about the integrity of this industry.)
    Last edited by Joe Pietaro; 10-24-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Ex Ass, now just annoying swingslammer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ~gymdiva~ View Post
    eh, we're good
    I watched the Juan video....I say 50/50, he seemed sincere about his feelings toward the NPC but it just seems strange like someone came up to him and said "Hey talk about the NPC"? Not like something he would have just started talking about out of the blue, seemed like he had been prompted to talk about the NPC?
    Gone but not forgotten, I remember you too Dookie!

Quote Originally Posted by swingslammer View Post
    I watched the Juan video....I say 50/50, he seemed sincere about his feelings toward the NPC but it just seems strange like someone came up to him and said "Hey talk about the NPC"? Not like something he would have just started talking about out of the blue, seemed like he had been prompted to talk about the NPC?
    He's making a living from bodybuilding and I'm sure that he feels the NPC is a major factor in that. But it's the timing and forced way these are all presented that makes them appear so shallow.

An NFL player doesn't out of the blue post anything thanking the NFL and the NCAA (the amateur equivalent), as well as Roger Goodell and whoever is the main muckity-muck at the college level for giving him the opportunity to be who he is today. He may thank his team, coach, teammates and the fans, but nothing that would appear to be fellatio-like.

These videos are douche chill-inducing, semi-painful to watch and comical at the same time.

Ex Ass, now just annoying swingslammer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Pietaro View Post
    He's making a living from bodybuilding and I'm sure that he feels the NPC is a major factor in that. But it's the timing and forced way these are all presented that makes them appear so shallow.

An NFL player doesn't out of the blue post anything thanking the NFL and the NCAA (the amateur equivalent), as well as Roger Goodell and whoever is the main muckity-muck at the college level for giving him the opportunity to be who he is today. He may thank his team, coach, teammates and the fans, but nothing that would appear to be fellatio-like.

These videos are douche chill-inducing, semi-painful to watch and comical at the same time.
    Good points...
    Gone but not forgotten, I remember you too Dookie!

RX MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Bryant View Post
    No one that read that is stupid enough to believe it. It's just Dave patting himself on the back for something he didn't do.

Some people like to think they are still relevant even when they are not. At all.

Dave did that interview to try and be relevant. Smart move really. He's now relevant for all of a week maybe.

Some people should stay clear of certain conversations, namely Dave and John. It doesn't matter if you are attempting to start a new organization, a supplement line or report news questionable past or questionable character does indeed matter. It makes no difference whether you commit domestic violence, fraud or sell drugs, neither one of you could get a job in the real media with felonies. However, both of you continue to succeed in life and business and have found women who have looked beyond your faults and apparently love yo monkey asses. The Princess breaks bread with both of you despite what people say.
    Last edited by Carolyn Bryant; 10-24-2015 at 08:46 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast