Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotti's Journal

Default Gotti's Journal

Weight: 170ish
    Diet: 2800-2900 calories, high carbs, low fat, moderate protein
    Training: 4 days lifting per week, hitting each muscle group twice a week, Wednesdays are cardio and abs, doing 10 minute liss cardio each morning

My diet and training could change at any time, I had a disagreement with a trainer on a site and he said why don't I work with him and see how it works. I've already changed the weight training but I prefer HIIT cardio after lifting and I'm giving LISS in the morning a shot, I usually don't eat as much carbs as I am but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it works.

So for example this week:
    Monday: Legs/Back/Bi
    Tuesday: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
    Wednesday: Cardio/abs
    Thursday: Legs/Back/Bi
    Friday: Off
    Saturday: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
    Sunday: Off

Then the next week it's
    Monday: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
    Tuesday: Legs/Back/Bis
    Wednesday: Cardio/abs
    Thursday: Chest/Shoulders/Tris
    Friday: Off
    Saturday: Legs/Back/Bis
    Sunday: Off

The Monday and Tuesday are more based towards strength while Thurs and Sat are more volume based.

Supplements:
    Evomuse BMP
    AST R-ALA
    Premium Powders Omega 3-6-9
    Premium Powders Whole Food Multivitamin
    Mr Supps Whey Isolate
    Syntrax Nectar Whey
    AST Creatine
    I Force Mass Gainz
    GSN Phytofuze
    I Force Compete
    AI Sports Recoverpro
    I Force Hemavo2 Max-Watermelon

I might be forgetting something or might add some more things and I'll make notes of that if I do.

Come and join the ride as I attempt to stay lean as I attempt to gain some size. I'm up about 6.5 lbs from the middle of September when I started this type of diet.

Gotti started a journal?!!

In!
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

Monday

BB flat Bench 3 sets
    Incline BB Bench 3 sets
    Seated Shoulder press 3 sets
    DB Side Lateral raise 3 sets
    Rope Extensions 3 sets
    Dip Machine 3 sets

Close Grip bench superset with side lateral raises (different angle) 3 sets
    Cable Flies 3 sets

Before I left work I was having a pain in my chest which was odd and uncomfortable. I didn't think it was anything serious and it wasn't debilitating so I went to the gym. When I got to benching and even in warm ups I felt it. Needless to say my chest numbers were not as good as last week. I don't think it was just the chest pain, my chest and front delts just felt tired. My numbers weren't super bad though, a rep here or there.

Then I got to shoulders and my weight was just fine, continued to move up my weight on the shoulder press which I was happy with.

The pumps were def more noticeable with the Hemavo2 MAX than without it. As you see I'm not doing a ton of constant volume on one muscle group but my upper half was pumped. Not the best pump I've ever experienced but above what I've had with this type of training. Even on the drive home from the gym I couldn't "feel" a pump any longer but I touched my chest and it felt rock hard. The pump seemed to last a little while too. I went home and ate, did the dishes, and showered like an hour and half after the gym and in the mirror my chest still looked a bit more pumped than before.

The watermelon flavor of Hemavo2 MAX is solid, I sort of expected a Jolly Rancher type candy watermelon, it wasn't that. I got a slight hint of watermelon as it wasn't overpowering. But whatever flavor I was tasting was good. It went down easy and seemed to mix pretty good. My last sip I had some grit go down but it wasn't clumps, just a bit of dust.
    Last edited by Young Gotti; 11-17-2015 at 09:06 AM.

Awesome stuff !

Tuesday

Safety Bar Squat 5 sets
    Lat Pulldown 3 sets
    Seated Rope Row 3 sets
    DB curl superset with straight bar pulldown 3 sets
    Preacher Curl Machine superset with stiff legged deadlift
    High cable double curl 2 sets

Ever show up to the gym or start and exercise and you feel unbeatable? That's how I felt when squatting yesterday. I usually don't do that many working sets and tend to do sets of a leg press. But squatting just felt right. Not sure if it was the bar I haven't used in awhile or what but once I noticed that the weight felt good and the form felt good I decided to just keep going. I did some weight that I haven't done in a very long time. The best part was I was in the zone so much that I didn't have to really have to get amp'd for the lift. I loaded the weights and pretty much just knew I would be able to get it. I probably could of kept going a little heavier but at one point it hit me not to push my luck since this weight has been unchartered territory for a long time.

The extra squat sets seemed to really squeeze me for time and that's why I had to superset my bicep work. I didn't really notice in terms of pumps until the 3rd set of the preacher curls when my biceps seemed to pump really quickly. It was a nice feeling, wish I had a sleeveless shirt on so I could check myself out in the mirror but I didn't haha.

My arms did look a little bigger this morning with slightly more detail than they have. So I'm moving in the right direction.

Been there with getting in THE ZONE on an exercise you usually have to psych yourself up for every set. Very cool when one of those exercises just clicks. But yeah, the down side is getting the remainder of the workout done. Sounds like a winner if your arms got that pumped!
    2016 RX Member of the Year & March 2015 Member of the Month
    https://www.instagram.com/sunny52kg/

https://granitesupplements.com/ideva...ate.php?id=127

That's really the only thing missing from my workout, I feel the pump, I see it for a few minutes after the workout and then it dissipates... I'm going to give I Hemovo2 an try.

Quote Originally Posted by weezer View Post
    That's really the only thing missing from my workout, I feel the pump, I see it for a few minutes after the workout and then it dissipates... I'm going to give I Hemovo2 an try.
    With my limited time with it I'm liking it. The profile has some of my favorite pump ingredients, nitrates, agmatine, hydromax, and l citruline. So the pumps are sure to be there. This is a non stimulant product too, just as an FYI.

Wednesday

Cardio- 20 minute liss

Abs- Russian seat leg raises superset with weighted side dips 3 sets
    Ab loungue 4 sets of 60

Pretty low key day, the LISS cardio is pretty boring, my gym doesn't have a good magazine collection and for anyone who has followed me in the past knows I just turn on a podcast and make the best of it. So that's what I did.

Nothing major to report, I'll try and get a weight later this week but in the mirror my arms appear to be bigger, I know I reported this yesterday but figured the pump might be the factor but they still look a bit bigger.

Thursday

Hammer Strength Press superset with EZ Curl bar high rows 3 sets
    Hammer Strength Decline press superset with reverse flies 3 sets
    Peck Deck superset with side lateral raises 3 sets
    Hammer strength press (seated sideways) superset with facepulls 3 sets
    DB overhead extension 3 sets
    Straight bar underhand cable extensions (backwards) 3 sets
    Chain attachment cable extensions 3 sets

Half way through the day yesterday I just felt wiped out. I was sore all over and just felt worn out. At about lunch time I felt like I didn't want to go to the gym and just wanted to sleep. Could of been a great rest day. But I went to the gym and even though I didn't crush the weights and didn't really even touch any free weights it was an overall positive workout.

As you can see I went with some non conventional exercises. I decided if I wasn't going to use a lot of compound movements I might as well focus on squeezing the muscle and also do some exercises I either haven't done in awhile or saw other people doing that looked interested. Like the underhand extensions I saw Maxx Charles doing, grab a straight bar on a high cable under handed and instead of doing push downs you turns your back to the weight stack and extend the bar from above or over your head down to about your chest area, it was interesting.

With that said I felt like I made the best of a bad situation of being worn out and tired. I got enough volume in to where I was happy and had some fun with new exercises as well.

The pumps were better than usual but not out of control. I didn't change my diet at all yesterday, towards the end of my workout I thought, I have a pump, it's not super strong but it's almost like my body just doesn't want to get a monster pump tonight, especially with that many isolation type exercises. However before bed I reached for something, I think a phone charger and my tricep still felt like it had somewhat of a pump to it.

A few guys from the gym asked me to go out last night for the game. I ended up showering and dead on my recliner by 8:30, glad today is an off day.

Saturday

Leg extension superset with laying leg curl superset with t bar row 3 sets
    Leg press superset with pull ups 3 sets
    Goblet squats superset with close grip lat pulldown 3 sets
    DB Curl superset with seated calf raise 3 sets
    Incline DB hammer curl 3 sets
    BB reverse curl 3 sets

I feel like I'm missing something but as of right now I can't remember it. So after being tired late last week. I kind of remained tired all weekend. Didn't do much Friday and got a full nights rest. Had a decent workout at the gym and didn't feel too tired but 4 or 5 hours after the gym I was asleep on my couch. Saturday night I relaxed and again got a good nights rest in hopes to recharge myself. I was ok yesterday but my back was really sore so I decided to foam roll and take an Epsom salt bath to help recover a bit.

Back to the workout. It wasn't to bad, it was a cold morning so it took a bit longer to warm up but I had a good pump in my back and inner and outter thigh area. Not really my quads or hams though. Biceps of course felt really good and the reverse curls showed some decent vein's popping even with me not being super lean.

I'm up 1lb from last time I weighed in. I feel like I'm carrying more weight around if that makes sense, like I'm a bigger presence when I'm moving around. But I don't notice to much of a difference in the mirror.

This weeks training is a bit up in the air as I don't know what the gym hours are going to be. I was going to go out of town for the holiday but it doesn't look like that will happen either.

Monday

Squat 3 sets
    Leg Press 3 sets
    Lat pulldown 3 sets
    Hammer Strength low row 3 sets
    EZ curl bar wide grip 3 sets
    EZ curl bar close grip 3 sets
    Bulgarian split squat superset with straight bar pulldown superset with rope hammer curl 3 sets

Felt better yesterday, kept thinking it was a chest/shoulders/tri's day but other than that I felt like I had a good workout. I didn't break any PR's on strength. But it was one of those days when you could feel everything was firing properly. On the squats I wasn't just pushing weight, I could feel my glutes, hams, and quads all engaging, same with the lat pulldowns. It all felt pretty smooth even though the weight on some of the sets was relatively heavy.

My focus inside the gym felt elevated. All without music, my headphones went wacky early on in my exercise but I felt like it didn't affect me at all and still got done with what I had to do. Workout felt like it went quickly as well.

Tuesday

DB Flat Press 3 sets
    BB Incline Press 3 sets
    Shoulder press 3 sets
    Side Lateral Raise 3 sets
    Dips 3 sets
    V Bar tricep extension 3 sets

Cable crossover superset with single hand underhand extension superset with side lateral raise (different angle)

First heavy chest day I've been able to get back to the dumbbells in a few weeks. I was really happy with the results. My final set I've been using the same weight the last 3 or 4 times I've done dumbbell presses and have gone to failing at 3 reps to yesterday I got 6 reps. Overall the workout was really good. My strength seemed steady the whole workout, my energy was pretty good as well.

Thursday: Thanksgiving

Leg extension superset with laying leg curl superset with t bar row 3 sets
    Leg press superset with pull ups 3 sets
    Hack Squat superset with close grip lat pulldown 3 sets
    DB Curl superset with seated calf raise 3 sets
    Ez bar curls 3 sets
    Reverse EZ bar curls 3 sets

Wasn't the best workout but I was happy to get into the gym on Thanksgiving, the place was closed but a few old timers have the keys so I was able to get in. For them it seemed like a social hour but I wanted to get some work in. It wasn't the most intense workout ever but like I said I was more so happy just to get into the gym when I didn't think I would be able to.

Forearm pumps were the most noteable thing about the workout. I left with a really nice forearm pump and an empty stomach to eat some Thanksgiving dinner. Later in the day I added in a walk to burn off some of the excess food.

Saturday

BB flat bench superset reverse flies 3 sets
    BB incline bench superset with seated lateral raises 3 sets
    Underhand bench superset with wide grip high rows 3 sets
    Skull crushers 3 sets
    Underhand straight bar extensions 3 sets
    Overhead rope extensions 3 sets

Decent workout, still felt somewhat worn out from black Friday shopping the day before. I didn't break any pr's or anything but the pump on my upper body was solid. I felt super thick and my shoulders looked nice and rounded in the mirror. Again nothing special to report here, it was an ok workout, I broke a sweat pretty quickly but I didn't leave the gym thinking I crushed it or that it was bad.

I weighed in up 1.8lbs this week. I'm somewhat happy with the gain as I think my chest and arms look bigger than a few weeks ago. But I didn't eat the best this last weekend. Thanksgiving was ok, I didn't go overboard but Friday shopping I just grabbed food on the go and Saturday I hung out with some people that were in from out of town so I didn't really monitor my intake. As I type this my shirt feels more snug in the arms and chest which is cool but I feel like my gut is growing a bit, my just be bloated from breakfast though.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast