Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotti's Journal

Saturday

Incline Bench superset with standing shoulder press 6 sets
    Dips 3 sets
    Cable side raises superset with underhand extension 3 sets
    low cable crossover superset with db kickbacks 3 sets

It was a rough workout. I woke up ready to go, I knew I had some stuff to do during the day but I overslept a bit so I ran to the gym. I kept waiting for the pump juice to kick in but it never did. I was a bit groggy the whole time. I didn't have a bad workout but it wasn't the best workout either. I was happy with my incline presses so instead of failing at 3 reps, so I did 3 sets of the same weight with the goal of hitting 3 reps each time.

I walked in my house after the workout and sitting on the counter was my glass of PJE, I was in such a rush I totally forgot to drink it. It explains why the workout didn't feel the same.

Started Epitome and Ammo. I'm down 3lbs over the last few weeks and I feel pretty good. I don't feel sluggish or bloated like I was about a month or two ago.

Tuesday

Flat DB press 4 sets
    Incline Press 3 sets
    Standing shoulder press with diamond bar 3 sets
    Side lateral raise 3 sets
    Ez bar skullcrusher into close grip press 3 sets
    V bar extension 3 sets

Rear delt fly superset with behind head db press 3 sets

Average workout is the best way to describe it. I got up pretty heavy on my DB presses but couldn't improve on reps from my last go around, I may have even lost a rep. However my last go at incline presses I struggled so I went after the same weight and got like 3 extra reps, sort of mad I didn't go heavier. I did go up in weight on the diamond bar press, almost killed myself reracking it though, it barely fits on the cage and the plates were to thick so if I didn't re rack is perfectly it wouldn't rack. I had some guy see me struggle rush over but I got it racked on my own. Worked up a nice sweat fairly quickly but afterwards I was thinking I need to find something to do my HIIT cardio on, running on a treadmill left me with a slight headache and some knee pain yesterday. I wish the guy would fix the elliptical.

Pump juice really seems to bring on the sweats during the gym, which I'm fine with as I'm trying to lose weight at this point anyway.

So I've been updating my training lately I figured I'd update my supplements that aren't the staples:

Pump Juice extreme
    Abilderate Ammo
    Epitome
    Physillium Husk Fiber

I take the ammo at like 10am and 3pm, I take the Epitome with breakfast and right before bed and the fiber with my breakfast. So far so good. Had some trouble sleeping last night and then an hour before my alarm went off this morning the wind was nuts. I thought some serious damage was happening outside, I thought I could feel my bed shaking but nothing to bad from what I saw.

Tuesday

Squat 6 sets
    Lat pulldown 3 sets
    High cable rope row 3 sets
    Barbell curl 3 sets
    Seated Hammer curl 3 sets

Leg press superset with t bar row superset with preacher curl machine 3 sets
    Rope Pulldown 3 sets

By the end of the work day I didn't want to squat. I was dreading loading up the weight and going heavy even though I still wanted to go to the gym. Just one of those days when I didn't want to do a main exercise. I forced myself to squat and to put a twist on things. I lowered the catch bar and squatted down until the barbell hit the bar, paused a second and exploded up. Couldn't go super heavy doing it this way since I was getting really low and coming to a complete stop but it was tough and effective. Woke me up to finish the rest of my workout.

I took over my gym's speaker system yesterday too. The owner was in his office cursing like crazy because the Iheartradio on his computer wouldn't play any music, so I played with it and it wasn't working so I went to Pandora and signed in. Put on the hip hop bbq channel and he was ok with it since we finally had music. I didn't even need my headphones, it felt good not to have death metal playing in the background.

Monday night I felt I was really making improvements in my stomach, top 2 abs were really visible. Last night wasn't too good though so it comes and goes. At this point I don't really eat any starchy carbs until my postworkout meal. I need to add some extra fat into some of my meals and stick with this diet for while.

Wednesday

5 minutes HIIT cardio
    60 ab longue crunches
    5 minutes HIIT cardio
    60 ab longue crunches
    5 minutes HIIT cardio
    60 ab longue crunches
    5 minutes LISS cardio
    60 ab longue crunches
    5 minutes LISS cardio
    60 ab longue crunches

Switched up the routine a bit. I didn't go 10 minutes to start, in my 10 minutes I usually do 6 sprints which equal to 2 minutes. This time I did 3 sprints the first 5 minutes, 2 sprints the second 5 and 2 sprints the 3rd 5.....no real reason of why I did it, just figured I'd break it up a bit. Whats the gym if you can't have fun or enjoy it.

I'm down another lb on the scale which is fine, looked a bit flat last night, probably need a carb up meal which I'm sure I'll have this weekend to fill out. Other than that I'm looking more lean each week. not by huge leaps and bounds but noticeable. When I really get into the thick of things I'm sure the changes will be more rapid

Thursday

I didn't get to the gym last night and I wasn't happy. I got stuck with a customer at work. By the end I was basically dripping sweat because I was so frustrated with the person. Couldn't do anything because he wasn't really doing anything wrong other than telling stories over and over again. And at the end of the conversation he looks at me and says, I'm confused about the whole situation. *deep breath*

anyway that's my update, I'll be back at the gym Saturday morning, I'm down 4lbs over the last 3 weeks

Saturday

Hack squat superset with lat pulldown 4 sets
    Reverse Hack squat superset with close grip cable row 4 sets
    Seated Calve raise superset with straight bar pullback 3 sets
    Incline DB curl superset with weighted lower back extension 3 sets
    Preacher ez curl wide grip superset with random leg work 3 sets
    Standing DB hammer curl

Started off as a slow workout. The gym owner followed me around for like the first 15 minutes of the workout complaining that his grandson isn't getting playing time for his baseball team. I just went and continued to do my workout as he talked. I don't really like hack squats as it's tough to find a good spot where it doesn't hurt my knees. Same was the case for Saturday but after a few sets the sweat started coming and I was on a roll. Even though I only put in the supersets of what I was lifting I was also throwing in ab work.

Saturday after the gym I went home and washed and waxed my car in the sun which was some extra work. Nothing that's going to transform my physique but I was running back and fourth on the car....and the karate kid was onto something, the waxing it a good shoulder workout.

Yesterday I spent most of the afternoon doing yard work. Cut my grass and then weed wacked and put down some top soil. I wore a hoodie the whole time just to increase the sweating. Felt pretty good.

Also might have to change my routine soon as I was informed I need to cut my grandmothers/aunts/uncles/parents/ and my own grass this summer. I might do HIIT everyday and use Wednesday as the day to cut grass as like a cardio as most of them live on a hill.

Monday

Box jumps 1 set
    Tire flips
    Squats with safety squat bar 4 sets
    Rope Lat pulldown 3 sets
    Barbell curl superset with rope pulldown 3 sets
    Barbell step ups 3 sets

Yesterday was the nicest day of the year so far. It hit 80 degrees I think and I was hoping all day that my buddy would want to tire flip at the gym. As soon as I walked in he asked if I was interested. We went back and fourth flipping the tire and wow was it intense. I was breathing heavy, my chest was on fire, my forearms were pumped and shot, my legs were shaking, and I had marks all over my body from the tire. But it was a good workout. However when I got back in the gym I felt really shaky and weak. Not weak because of lack of food but weak because the tire was a load for me to move. The tire is almost as tall as I am so it was a struggle because we didn't rest. My partner is like twice my size so it wasn't anything for him but for me it's rough.

The thing I like is the first movement is almost like a dead lift but you need grip so sometimes the tire lands and the grip is wide then the next time the grip is close so you need to adjust to it every time. The rest of the workout was a struggle, I didn't go heavy with squats as I felt like my legs could give out at any time but almost more like a finishing move. I literally could feel every muscle firing in my legs at different times throughout the squat.

I also found out that I was dosing my Epitome right before bed and it would keep me awake for like a half hour for whatever reason so now I dose it an hour before bed and falling asleep has really improved

Tuesday

Diamond standing shoulder press 3 sets
    Facepull 3 sets
    Rope Extensions 3 sets
    Reverse underhand extension 3 sets
    Hammer strength press superset with side lateral raise 3 sets
    Incline press superset with straight bar extensions 3 set
    Dips 3 sets
    Cable rear delt flies 3 sets

Yesterday I was sore from the workout before, figured my legs and back would be sore but so was my chest. So instead of going into the gym I decided to go with shoulder presses first since I figured a sore chest didn't need a ton of work. I didn't increase weight on the standing shoulder press but I either got an extra rep or the reps I did just felt a lot smoother yesterday. The overall workout was heavier than I thought I was going to be able to go. All the cable work was really pushing the weight and I was impressed with the hammer strength weight I moved even with a fatigued chest. Toughest thing was the grip strength since my forearms were fried from the day before.

Yesterday I felt like I looked leaner with clothes on. I wore a tshirt to work and felt like even with the t shirt had a decent looking taper, wider at the shoulders with a visable V shape. Still have work to do without the shirt on though.

Wednesday

5 minutes cardio
    60 crunches
    5 minutes cardio
    60 crunches
    5 minutes cardio
    60 crunches
    5 minutes cardio
    60 crunches
    5 minutes cardio
    60 crunches

Changed things up a bit after a conversation I had. Someone told me they did HIIT cardio by running for a minute and then taking a minute off. I don't consider that HIIT cardio by any stretch but I figured I'd give it a shot. I put the treadmill on an incline and I'd walk for a minute then do running for a minute. At first I felt like it was easy but I did it every time I did the cadio portion and towards the middle I was dying. I felt a pump in my legs, left calve, and my knee started to hurt a bit. Other than sports I've played I've never been much of a runner but now that I'm doing it in my cardio more often I feel like my strides are improving or that my whole body is just getting better at the motions. Left the gym and went home to cut up a bunch of branches from a tree I trimmed. Not a workout but a lot of the branches I was snapping on my own. Almost like in the movies when the guy bends the pipe haha.

Felt flat last night as to be expected towards the end of the week on low carbs. I received a phone call this morning to remind me of a dentist apt that I forgot all about. So no gym today and I won't be at the gym on Saturday since I'll be out of town so I'll make it a point to get into the gym tomorrow. I'll try and do some sort of a full body routine.

Friday

Full body workout

Because I couldn't get to the gym on Thursday or Saturday I decided to do a full body workout. I was supersetting a lot of different exercises and concentrating on the bigger muscles rather than the arms. It wasn't the most intense workout because the weight wasn't anything ground breaking. I broke a nice sweat and got into a groove but it's tough to set PR's on shoulder press knowing you have to leg press and t bar row afterwards. I didn't get a great pump on any specific muscle but it is what it is.

I haven't been seeing great results in the mirror or on the scale lately. Probably because I've been missing a day here or there due to scheduling which sucks. Hopefully it'll start to settle down now for a bit.

Today I switched my diet a bit, I don't eat carbs for breakfast, so I eat eggs and use a whey isolate shake, I replaced the whey with Humapro to save 110 calories. Then I make a protein pudding for a snack and use half a scoop of whey isolate, so I upp'd the half scoop to almost a full scoop. Just playing with the nutrient timing a bit, saves 50 calories which isn't anything great but we'll see what happens.

Monday

Incline bench 4 sets
    Decline bench 3 sets
    Shoulder press 3 sets
    Side Lateral Raise 3 sets
    Close grip bench 3 sets
    Rope extension 3 sets

Hammer strength press superset with facepull 3 sets
    Dips 2 sets

I was really happy with the workout. Didn't hit any PR's but all the weight I moved felt good and smooth. Really enjoyed being at the gym and I was working pretty quickly. For whatever reason during the day I decided I wanted to do incline press and after that I saw a lot of the flat benches filled so I went with decline bench which I should do more often but it's hard for me to unrack the weight. I need to almost lift it and then pull it forward since I'm so short. Luckily I had a spotter there to give me a lift off and guide it with me forward. After cardio however I had a pretty bad headache that got worse as the night went on so I did a bunch of my physical therapy exercises at home last night.

On my way to the gym I didn't have energy or want to go. It was a long day at work and I just felt worn out. However once that Pump Juice kicks in you feel amazing. Not super energy where your pacing around the gym but a nice boost where the time spent in the gym is a breeze but also feels enjoyable. It's a really incredible pre workout that it could lift you from feeling drained and almost give a sense of well being. A lot of pre workouts give you the energy to power through a workout but you still feel trained, your just run by a ton of stimulants but this doesn't feel that way at all.

Tuesday

Lat pulldown 3 sets
    Barbell row 3 sets
    DB curl 3 sets
    Incline Hammer curl 3 sets
    Squats 7 sets
    Deadlift 3 sets

Not my normal routine for a Leg/back/bi day. Got to the gym, someone in the squat rack, went to the other rack and all the pins for the rack were missing so I had to go about the workout differently. I decided to do my back and bi work while I waited for the squat rack to open up. All in all the workout was really good. I felt more energy during the back and bicep work than I normally did and I wasn't totally drained by the time the rack opened up. I went pretty heavy on squats and still had some time after squats, for whatever reason a guy was deadlifting and left the bar on the ground so I figured why not. I haven't deadlifted in awhile on this routine but gave it a go and was pretty happy with my results.

I am sore all over today. Chest and tri's are in pain from Monday, my back is tight, and my legs are sore. Glad today is cardio.

Pump juice really is amazing after a long day of work to power you through a workout. Never thought I'd be squatting and deadlifting in the same day even when volume isn't super high.

Wednesday

5 minutes cardio
    60 crunches
    5 minutes cardio
    60 crunches
    5 minutes cardio
    60 crunches
    5 minutes cardio
    60 crunches
    5 minutes cardio
    60 crunches

Good workout/terrible day, I was super sore all over which I believe caused my trap to tighten up so I delt with a headache all day that wrapped around my eye. I spent the whole day at work just going through the motions to get it over with. It wasn't that noticeable at the gym but as soon as I left came back. Other than that the training session was pretty good. Not much to talk about since I'm just moving on a treadmill though.

I'm down another lb, not dropping bodyweight as fast as I would hope but in the mirror I continue to lean out. This week the mirror has been friendly with how I've been looking. I've put together my next cutting stack that really ramps things up once I run out of the little stim free run of Eptiome and Ammo that I'm currently on. Stay tuned for the fun

Thursday

Flat bench superset with seated side lateral raise 3 sets
    Flat bench superset with facepull 3 sets
    Wide grip double hand extension/kickback 3 sets
    Reverse underhand straight bar extension 3 sets

Chest press superset with shoulder press machine superset with dip machine 3 sets
    Dips superset with some rotator work 3 sets

Did some speed work on flat bench yesterday and it felt pretty good so I did extra sets. Got a good pump from it. Wasn't setting any PR's and the workout started pretty good. Towards the end I felt my endurance dip a bit (no pun intended). Not sure why I finish my chest/shoulders/tri work with dips the last few workouts but the dip bar is upstairs near the cardio equipment and I see it and usually hop on. Yesterday I'm not sure if I was so taxed that it was a struggle. I just didn't have the motivation to do cardio. I didn't want to do hiit, I didn't really even want to be there after lifting. Instead of doing sprints I did the stairmaster and during certain portions I upp'd the speed. Not bad but not great.

Woke up all week looking pretty lean, happy with the way I look but I do feel a bit flat. Going to get a heavier carb day in here today or tomorrow which should fill me back out.

Thursday

Leg extension superset with seated leg curl superset with weighted lower back extension 3 sets
    Bulgarian split squat superset with straight bar pull down 3 sets
    Vertical leg press superset with lat pulldown 3 sets
    DB curl into hammer curl superset with leg press extension 3 sets
    Barbell curl 3 sets
    Double arm high cable curl 3 sets

Decent workout. I don't know what it is but Saturday morning workouts recently have my sweating like crazy. Its not dripping sweat it's like the clammy feeling where your warm all over. Maybe it's because Saturday the gym is empty and I usually do a lot of supersetting and get my heart rate up quickly. I try to hit things I don't normally do on Saturdays which forces me to struggle with motions I may not be used to.

I started my cut stack yesterday sort of. Starting Hydroxylite and TAA 500. I usually start my stimulant cycles a bit on Sundays. Glad I did because I didn't feel anything and ended up being so tired I fell asleep for 20 minutes but when I woke up it kicked in. I was hot and felt the stimulants kick in. I think my body was so warn out from the weekend that I had energy but couldn't battle being tired. Today I start the full dose of each. Plan is to get into exactly where I want to be by June 1st and then I could refine things by the time I leave for vacation.

Went off the diet a bit this weekend.. It was my second anniversary and we went to a farm to table restaurant. Screw the diet I had to get the Duck confit sandwich with fried duck egg on top.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast