Wednesday

5 sets farmers walk
    rope crunches
    10 minutes farmers walk treadmill
    100 crunches
    10 minutes farmers walk treadmill
    weighted ab machine
    3 minutes treadmill

Messed with the order a bit in terms of my ab movements. I've been starting all ab work with 100 crunches and later doing weighted crunches. But when I got to the gym the 1st floor only had one person in it so I did some farmers walks across the gym. I was already down there and the rope was there so I did some rope crunches. Still did the 100 crunches later in the workout. The farmers walks with heavy weight really fried my arms, I had a great pump. If you ever want a confidence boost in the gym pick up some weight and walk towards a mirror. Arms look amazing and chest and shoulders are all puffed out. I did 5 sessions of farmers walks with the heavy weight. If the gym is dead like this next week I'm going to do more either by shortening the distance with my arms get fried or by reducing the weight and using the same distance.

Thursday

No gym....my brother moved to Flordia last year and moved back around Christmas time. One of the first things we knew we were doing together once he got back was to see the Tupac movie "All Eyez on Me", we found out it was playing a day early at a new movie theatre near by. The movie theatre has recliner chairs and table service so we decided to check it out. I know this is a training journal but whatever.

The movie was really good imo. People are complaining about the production and budget look but I don't care I thought a lot of it was spot on and the music was all put in at the correct spots. But I'm a huge Tupac fan. The table service was awesome, got to eat and recline and enjoy the movie.

I was going to try and go to the gym today after work even though I usually don't. However I ordered some shirts and ties for upcoming weddings that I have. The first order I got an email saying the payment didn't go through and the order was cancelled. I decided to just order it all again which went through. However I got 2 shipments of the same stuff. So I'm going to go after work and return one of the orders before they close.

Saturday

DB curl superset with v bar extension 4 sets
    BB curl superset with under hand extension 4 sets
    DB hammer curl superset with rope extension 4 sets
    DB curl into kickback 2 sets

My hope for Saturday was to really hit the outter head of my tricep. My brother made a comment to me about my triceps being big but the outter head lacking so I figured why not get some extra attention on it. For the most part I don't care about that sort of thing when it comes to my arms, just get my arms bigger, the details aren't as important for someone like myself. The bicep pump was amazing though. I was pumped from the beginning to the end. But once I got on the treadmill the pump seemed to fade rather quickly. I also woke up with a killer neckache Saturday morning so after cardio I spent some extra time doing some work on my posture and traps. Mainly face pulls, straight bar pull downs, some stretching with a broom stick, in hopes to loosen it up.

Yesterday I was pretty active for a few hours, cutting grass and doing things around the house. I did bring out my bands and did some extra work in hopes to keep the neck loose and to prevent pain later in the week.

Monday

Squat superset with pull ups 8 sets
    Standing calve raise superset with chest pad t bar row 4 sets

The combo of squatting into pull ups is a killer. I don't go very heavy but I do work quickly and my lungs were burning. I don't know how I did 8 sets but I just kept going. I didn't really count reps and just went until I felt my form going. I figure the combo there is a killer total body workout. After the 8 sets I didn't have much time because even though I'm moving quickly the combo makes you take some extra time. So I went with calves and the rows because I felt like I could move fast during that combo.

Tuesday

Flat bench superset with side lateral raise 8 sets
    Underhand flat bench superset with reverse peck deck 4 sets

Decided to go with a similar format to the leg workout. I knew I wanted to hit a compound movement like a bench but also knew I wanted to hit my upper chest as well. Originally wanted to do cables but decided to go with underhand. The workout ended up being really good. For whatever reason my phone wouldn't connect to anything once I stepped in the gym so I had no music but I was furious about the phone. Part of me thought I forgot to pay a bill or something. The rage translated over to the workout as I was moving the bar quickly and getting some extra reps.

Woke up looking lean. I have 1 more stack I'm going to run this summer to get the fat off. It's basically just to get the last little bit off, once it comes in I will post it. I haven't been swimming or anything this summer but it's coming and I feel like I'm in a good place, but why not strive for a better place?

Wednesday

Farmers Walks
    5 minutes treadmill

Went to the gym with full intentions on doing farmers walks the whole time. I saw the trap bar sitting there and decided to use it. I've never used it before when doing farmers walks so I wanted to see how it felt. I went the same distance I usually do with DB's and noticed it's a bit easier except for about the last 20 feet of the distance then it gets harder. I don't know how many intervals I ended up doing and just kept going. I steadily increased the weight to find a good spot that was both challenging but that I could still get decent distance. At the end I loaded the bar to just go half the distance and it was a disaster. I have to work on my balance with it because I got about 10 feet and the front of the trap bar took a nose dive and I had to put it down. The one thing I didn't like about the trap bar is turning, my gym is tight and I had to be extra careful with turning around as I carried the trap bar which took longer than I wanted and probably affected the overall grip.

I didn't notice good pump in my arms so I felt like maybe I didn't go as intense or heavy enough. My hands got all sorts of ripped up from it though. However this morning I woke up and my traps feel like death, hence why they call it a trap bar I guess haha. Even though it's the same hand position of the DB's the DB's allow me to hold them tighter to my body where the trap bar, your locked in which probably worked different muscles a bit differently.

Thursday

Deadlift

Went to the gym with just 1 thing in mind. To deadlift, and that's what I did. I started out doing higher reps and every 2 sets increasing the weight. I didn't know how it was going to go because I was pretty sore from the farmers walks the day before and figured my grip may also be garbage. It didn't go so bad. Towards the end of the workout I remembered. My brother who just started going to the gym but who has always been a good athlete was saying there was no way I could deadlift over 300lbs let alone double my body weight. Now I'm not particularly strong on the deadlift but I've been able to do that for like 7 years now. Anyway I threw on the weight and tried to record myself. I hate ppl who record themselves in the gym on their phones and I've never done it before so of course the first couple times didn't work and finally I got a rep to prove him wrong, held it extra long at the top just so he couldn't talk crap.

Farmers walks afterwards even with low weight was rough though. At that point my grip was fried and it was a big struggle to walk a minute with any weight in my hands. I'm also really sore today so I'm glad it's my off day.

Saturday

No Gym

Friday but even worse on Saturday I woke up and I was super dizzy and in a ton of pain. For anyone who has been following knows I have bad trap muscles that tighten up on me something fierce. I've gone through all sorts of options to get them taken care of and for the most part they aren't nearly as bad as they were. But I think because of the trap bar farmers walks and deadlifting the next day that I gave them too much to handle. Saturday morning was a nightmare. I had full intentions of going to the gym but because of what I had to do in the afternoon I opted to skip the gym and did some accessory work at home trying to loosen up my neck. I have bands from physical therapy and I was doing hitchhikers and pull downs. I used a lacrosse ball across my back and a foam roller. It somewhat helped.

Because around noon, my father, brother and myself rented a truck to clean out some big stuff at my grandmothers house who passed a few months ago. So I spent about 4 hours lifting freezers, mini refrigerators, lawn mowers, snow blowers, old air conditioning units. I was still in pain but I made sure to be the one hoping up and down from the truck and carrying the heaviest things. I ended up sweating like crazy and felt like death after it was all over. But the good thing is I have a stand up freezer in my house now, a mini refrigerator for the man cave and a swing for my back deck. That ended up being my workout for Saturday.

Monday

Hammer strength press superset with side lateral raise 4 sets
    Decline hammer strength press superset with reverse peck deck 4 sets
    Cable crossover with low cable superset with wide grip high row 4 sets

I was super out of it yesterday. Sunday I went to a baseball game and think I got too much sun or something. I was just tired, brain was foggy, and didn't have much motivation. However the workout was solid. No one was at the gym and I really enjoyed it. The hammer strength felt like an amazing squeeze on the chest and the negative portion of the movements also felt really good. So even though I didn't use a compound movement I thought the isolated work on my chest was really good. The pump was phenomenal and my shoulders got really nice and round by the end of the workout.

I did start my cut stack yesterday which may have helped get me through the workout:

Olympus Labs Bloodshed War
    I Force T33
    Mr Supps Formastanzol
    M&M Lipoburn

Tuesday

Squat superset pull ups 8 sets
    Standing calve raise superset w/ chest pad t bar row 4 sets

Not much different than the other times I tried squats into pull ups. Winded, tired, burning in my chest. It's a brutal superset especially for 8 sets. The first 3 or 4 are ok but those last few sets are brutal. Every time I tell myself to stop at 4 and do leg press or something but I convince myself doing that superset will be the most beneficial for what I want to accomplish so I go with it. Next time I might try and skip the calve raises and do a leg press or another upper leg movement but usually I'm so winded I want something I can get through quickly without much pain.

Bloodshed War so far has been good. I drink it in the morning and I can feel it kick in after about 15-20 minutes. Then I drink my PM dose about an hour before I leave work. I don't want to take it as I leave work because of overtime, I would never sleep at night. So far the taste is good, hopefully results to follow.

Wednesday

Farmers walk 5 sets
    Weighted Rope Crunches
    Farmers walks 5 sets
    Weighted Rope Crunches
    10 minutes treadmill
    100 crunches
    5 minutes treadmill
    Roman chair leg raise superset with weighted side dips
    3 minutes treadmill

Went back to the DB's for the farmers walks. The first 5 sets I went heavy it was rough. The next 5 sets I reduced the weight but kept the distance. My forearms were fried so even the lighter weight was a struggle. I was downstairs so I did rope crunches on the cables since theres no where to get on the floor and do regular crunches. After the farmers walks I really just walked on the treadmill, I didn't do any load as my forearms just felt like toast. All in all I think I got some really good cardio in and enjoyed the workout.

Everyday I'm waking up and appear a bit more lean. Today I was really happy with what I saw in the mirror and hopefully I will continue to progress as my stack starts really kicking in

Thursday

Flat bench superset with seated side lateral raise 6 sets
    Incline bench superset with reverse peck deck 6 sets

Pretty good workout, strength wasn't great but the bar was moving pretty good early in the sets. By the 5th and 6th set I definitely felt the fatigue set in. Last night before bed I was recapping the workout and couldn't help but think that I get a better squeeze and feel like my muscles work better when I'm doing the hammer strength than the bench. I've always benched or DB presses because that's what you do and it's a "big" movement but on weeks I only work chest and shoulders once, I may stick to the hammer strength as I felt like it hit my chest a lot better. Took almost 10 years to figure that out, because I just always went compound. I don't think I've ever did reverse peck deck for 6 sets so that was new and I have a pinch in my back today, not sure if it's because of that or the way I sleep. Today is a rest day and it's welcomed for sure.

I know I talked about it yesterday but everyday I wake up and feel like I'm making more and more progress. The cap in my shoulder seems bigger, my chest is a little more defined, and the abs have a touch more detail. I hope this continues. Maybe the superset workout is what I should have been doing more of throughout the years.

Saturday

DB curl superset with rope extension 4 sets
    BB curl superset with ez bar behind the head extensions 4 sets
    DB hammer curl superset with dips 4 sets
    Underhand extension 1 set

I must have gotten to the gym earlier than the a/c got put on because it was a sweat box in there Saturday. It wasn't to bad but I feel like it gave me the false sense that the training was more intense than what it really was because I was dripping sweat. Got a good bicep pump but triceps wouldn't get full and on the way to the gym that was my goal, to get a good tricep pump. I feel like the farmers walks really hit the bicep because it's stretched and extended, I almost did a strictly tricep workout but decided against it. That's why I just threw in that last set to force some extra blood into the muscle.

As we enter July I'm going to start trying to get some extra activity here or there, nothing crazy but like Friday I wanted to relax but decided to strap on my neoprene belt and cut the grass because it was extra muggy out. Yesterday I spent most of the day at the lake swimming. Just trying to do a little extra to help burn some more calories whenever possible.

Monday and Tuesday

Off

Left work Monday and went to the gym, got there and the doors were all locked. I guess he closed early. I didn't see any signs other than he would be closed July 4th. Needless to say I didn't workout. So I got 3 days off in a row that I didn't want. I went home Monday and tried to stay active around my house a bit.

4th of July was normal stuff. Parties and get togethers, I swam in the early afternoon and just sat around at night. Got some sun which I'm happy about, get the tan to make me appear more lean or more detail. But now it's time to get back in the swing of things....but I'm going to be away for the weekend at a bachelor party. I gotta get it these next 2 days.

Wednesday

Chest press machine superset shoulder press machine superset pushdown machine 4 sets
    Cable crossover superset with side lateral raise (kettlebells) superset with underhand extension 4 sets
    Cable crossover low cables superset with wide grip high row superset with DB behind the neck extension 3 sets
    Rope extension 1 set

Since I only have 2 days at the gym this week I wanted to hit everything and was hoping I would get some extra volume in which didn't work. I'm not going to lie the workout sucked. This is a routine I've done in the past when strapped for time or if I was hitting the body parts twice in the same week. I usually enjoy it but I felt like I was forcing it during the workout. My energy levels weren't good and even though I was getting some nice burn in the muscles I didn't feel like I wanted to be there. After the weekend and the fourth maybe I was just tired and need to recharge a bit.

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast